chuckfinley is offline Junior Member

Ben n Jerrys trying to overturn Citizens United Case

hey guys Ben and Jerrys (the ice cream ppl) lol, have started a petition to make an amendment to overturn the supreme courts decision of Citizens United V FEC. The case basically allows corporations to give whatever amount of money they want to sway elections. the case basically gives corporations first amendment rights which is outrageous to me. if you feel the same way you can sign the petition here;

http://org2.democracyinaction.org/o/...ction_KEY=9226

Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckfinley View Post
    hey guys Ben and Jerrys (the ice cream ppl) lol, have started a petition to make an amendment to overturn the supreme courts decision of Citizens United V FEC. The case basically allows corporations to give whatever amount of money they want to sway elections. the case basically gives corporations first amendment rights which is outrageous to me. if you feel the same way you can sign the petition here;

http://org2.democracyinaction.org/o/...ction_KEY=9226
    Do you honestly think Congress would pass this amendment? And if they did, do you really think the individual states would ratify it? There is way too much money to be made by the politicians to even humour this.

Julz_W is offline Junior Member
    First of all - would you give up an opportunity to have someone fund your whole campaign? Not a chance!

Second - why Ben and Jerry - seems like a REALLY strange company to do that. I checked the site - do they have any reasoning behind them leading it?

wmaousley is offline American Bedoo
    Schweddy Balls looooooooooooooooooooooooooool

chuckfinley is offline Junior Member
    lol i know its a total long shot and i have no idea why they are heading this thing but it is for the right cause and so i atleast signed up. and dont forget about the the call for a national convention to pass an amendment. not really used these days but it worked for the prohibition amendment

Thread Information