jeffylyte is offline Member
    Indiana. My phallus is bigger than Nathan's!

some people's luck

so the deal is this. My GF and I are looking to move. I evidently got shot down with the Faculty positions that I applied to, so I moved to plan B. My GF is looking to get a job in one of a few places that have industry and good law schools (Im thinking of being a patent attorney).

anyway, my GF just got a call from a company in Winston-Salem, NC (somewhat close to the Raleigh-Durham area of interest). Great company, great pay, good benefits, doing something she loves (Web Architect/Senior Programmer Team Lead). After 30 min and them wanting to fly her out to interview saying she is a perfect fit, she finds out that it (being a cigarette company) is a smoking friendly environment. Why is this a problem, well she has ashma and is allergic to tobacco. Some people never win

Got Gear? is offline Member

Re: some people's luck

Originally posted by jeffylyte
    so the deal is this. My GF and I are looking to move. I evidently got shot down with the Faculty positions that I applied to, so I moved to plan B. My GF is looking to get a job in one of a few places that have industry and good law schools (Im thinking of being a patent attorney).

anyway, my GF just got a call from a company in Winston-Salem, NC (somewhat close to the Raleigh-Durham area of interest). Great company, great pay, good benefits, doing something she loves (Web Architect/Senior Programmer Team Lead). After 30 min and them wanting to fly her out to interview saying she is a perfect fit, she finds out that it (being a cigarette company) is a smoking friendly environment. Why is this a problem, well she has ashma and is allergic to tobacco. Some people never win
    I am asthmatic and allergic to smoke as well. She may be able to get by, don't call it off yet.

Her office may have a door she can close and a window she can open. A short meeting isn't too much of a problem for me.

IF she can handle going out to bars, she'll probably be OK.

Thread Information