Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Razor is offline Banned

Tempur Pedic or Sleep Number?

I think one of the reasons I sleep bad is my bed. Its a good foam bed, but there are parts on it that get hard to me after a while and I have to toss and turn to find the right spot. I was thinking of getting a sleep number or tempur pedic. What do you guys think who have tried them or have one or the other.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Careful with the foam beds. I got one (memory foam, high quality) several years ago. Felt GREAT, at first. About a month or so later all my joints started aching. I thought it was age, arthritis or??? It kept getting worse where even a few vicoden and anti inflammatory a day would not help. I went to the doctors, had many test done but nothing. It took about 6 months and I finally figured out it started just after getting the mattress topper. I removed the memory foam and started feeling better within a few days.

Just to make sure I tried another topper a few years later and had exactly the same results. I think it is because it fits to your body so good you dont move during the night and eventually everything gets stiff. You really do need to move even when sleeping. Just like most people who have joint problems moving helps and being inactive makes it worse.

Razor is offline Banned
    I don't have memory foam..but it is foam I thbk with coils...sleep number seems to be the way to go?

It would be nice to have a bed that actually adjust stiffness. I know I constantly need different firmness. I even sleep on the floor sometimes.
    Some of the newer sleep number beds do have memory foam. I'm not sure if I would go for that or not. Hope you can get one of those with the 90 day guarantee.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    i sleep best camping, in a sleeping bag, on the ground. wake up and back feels new.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    good thread

actually in the market for a mattress as well and tried some of the higher end pillowtops plush and firm and the memory foam

i want to make sure as its definitely a big purchase for us

slfmade is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Listen Razr. I sell all these beds. Don't waste your Money. The mark up on Tempur Pedic is so stupid, and sleep number is a joke. Don't get me wrong. I'm a fan of Memory Foam Mattresses (the all foam ones, not the memory foam on coils ones). I've been sleeping on a Knock-Off Memory Foam Mattress for 5 years and the comfort/feel hasn't changed a bit.

Just buy a high quality memory foam bed, but don't worry about spending the money on a Brand Name. If you're a brand name whore...Buy the Simmon's Comforpedic line - they're better value for the money!!! Still though if it were me, I would buy a high quality knockoff for about 600.00 before I paid Brand Name pricing.

P.S. It's highly unlikely you'll find a high quality knockoff on Craigslist or China Town. These guys are known for selling composite memory foam which isn't "real" memory foam!

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    Sleep number, FTW!

Especially if you have a significant other who likes the bed too hard/soft for your taste!

I have 4 sleep numbers on my showroom floor...I sell the shit out of them, but to me they all feel like an overpriced air mattress!!!

Or you could just do like I did. I liked a firmer bed, and BrownGirl liked a softer bed. I just told her to get used to it and now she loves our mattress!

D7M
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by slfmade View Post
    I have 4 sleep numbers on my showroom floor...I sell the shit out of them, but to me they all feel like an overpriced air mattress!!!

Or you could just do like I did. I liked a firmer bed, and BrownGirl liked a softer bed. I just told her to get used to it and now she loves our mattress!
    bwahahaha!

Flier is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D7M View Post
    Sleep number, FTW!

Especially if you have a significant other who likes the bed too hard/soft for your taste!
    I´ve seen "FTW" a lot.
    Been thinking for half hour, but can´t come up with what it can mean.
    I am new to forums, this is the only one, and I had to figure out "GTFO", "LMAO". "LOL" was easy.
    What about "ROLF" ?

LOL...I´m suspecting it´s the other way around.

D7M
    Blog Entries
    FTW=For the Win!

I have a sleep number and I hate it. I like a very firm bed and the lady likes it soft so my side is always more elevated because of more air than hers. It makes me constantly roll to the center of the bed like sleeping on a hill and the center of the bed has a gap between the air bladders and makes me sleep like shit.

Sleep number is just an overpriced air mattress IMO, and I'd rather just sleep on the couch anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Flier View Post
    LOL...I´m suspecting it´s the other way around.
    Nope...she get's Valentines Day, her Birthday, and Christmas. I get the bed! LOL

So sleep number is an air mattress tailored for his and hers with dedicated sides?
    Wouldn´t work for me, I like to mix it up. My woman smell so damn good, I crawl over to her side all the time to put my nose in her pillow, sheets, hair, or whatever else I can find...

BrownGirl is offline Female Member
    [QUOTE=slfmade;5936892]I have 4 sleep numbers on my showroom floor...I sell the shit out of them, but to me they all feel like an overpriced air mattress!!!

Or you could just do like I did. I liked a firmer bed, and BrownGirl liked a softer bed. I just told her to get used to it and now she loves our mattress![/QUOTE]

Hahaha it's true!

Razor is offline Banned
    Ok Im going to try a sleep # I think they have a risk free trial.

tcw
    tcw is offline Senior Member
    That's right...slfmade sells furniture.

I hate those fvckin foam mattresses BTW.

A couple of years ago...I purchased a TempurPedic....cost me about 2k. I kept it 3 wks and sold it. Lost my ass.

That fckn bed made me sweat like a i had Malaria!
    (even with the pillow top)

Now i have a "motion free, soft sided water bed." This bed even has a heater. Its warm in the winter...and kewl in the summer.

Sleep like a baby...best bed i ever had!

Quote Originally Posted by tcw View Post
    That's right...slfmade sells furniture.
    That's true, but what brought that up....I'm confused! lol

tcw
    Oh....excuse me...i thought the thread was on the topic of Beds (or a type of furniture)?

Now i'm confused !

bah ahaha

That's true, but what brought that up....I'm confused! lol

Oh....excuse me...i thought the thread was on the topic of Beds (or a type of furniture)?

Now i'm confused !

bah ahaha

You're right it is. But it seemed as though you were replying to someone that ask if I sold furniture. I was looking through the whole thread trying to figure it out. LOL

tcw
    No no...i was just thinkin out loud when i wrote my response. I do that a lot...even in public.....LOL.

People think i'm crazy...but i'm just thinkin out loud.

;-)

You're right it is. But it seemed as though you were replying to someone that ask if I sold furniture. I was looking through the whole thread trying to figure it out. LOL

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    we returned a temper pedic. It was hot to sleep on and sucked to fvck on
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    we returned a temper pedic. It was hot to sleep on and sucked to fvck on
    LOL...You get used to the ladder. After fvcking on a memory foam for 4 years; browngirl and I tried on a regular innerspring mattress and it was too bouncy!!!!

tcw
    Oh yeah!

Try laying Pipe on a Waterbed.

Its fun as Hell....hahaha!

LOL...You get used to the ladder. After fvcking on a memory foam for 4 years; browngirl and I tried on a regular innerspring mattress and it was too bouncy!!!!

Oh yeah!

Try laying Pipe on a Waterbed.

Its fun as Hell....hahaha!
    Yeah, it's fun only if you wanta bust your ass. I had one of those growing up until I was about 18. It's near impossible to get your rhythm going and once you do it's completely impossible to change it!!! LOL Hell, I couldn't even jack off right on that bed!

tcw
    bawawwaa!

Nah bro....you gotta step up to the motion free. Then you just wait for the new Wave before the Thrust!

Yeah, it's fun only if you wanta bust your ass. I had one of those growing up until I was about 18. It's near impossible to get your rhythm going and once you do it's completely impossible to change it!!! LOL Hell, I couldn't even jack off right on that bed!

bawawwaa!

Nah bro....you gotta step up to the motion free. Then you just wait for the new Wave before the Thrust!

Yeah, I'll get right on that....

BrownGirl:....Oh slfmade...fvck me hard
    Slfmade:....Hold on honey I've gotta wait for the next wave. lolololololololol

Razor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Hartman
    I have a sleep number and I hate it. I like a very firm bed and the lady likes it soft so my side is always more elevated because of more air than hers. It makes me constantly roll to the center of the bed like sleeping on a hill and the center of the bed has a gap between the air bladders and makes me sleep like shit.

Sleep number is just an overpriced air mattress IMO, and I'd rather just sleep on the couch anyway.
    OK well fck that..I'm not getting one

tcw
    bawawahaha.

I wonder if this where the saying "its not the size of the ship...but the motion of the ocean" comes from?

Hmmm....

Yeah, I'll get right on that....

BrownGirl:....Oh slfmade...fvck me hard
    Slfmade:....Hold on honey I've gotta wait for the next wave. lolololololololol

SexySweetheart is offline "Decide you want it ƸӜƷ more than your afraid of it"Recognized Member Winner - $100
    I also had the Temperpediac and yes no good for sex regardless of possition and always woke in a puddle of sweat, heavey as all hell to move and change sheets was a 2/3 person task lol

sleep number blew i hated it even worce than temper...uncomfortable no matter what number

oh aslo had water beds growing up.. the single cell one wasnt nearly as bad as the large bag type but they both stiink and kill your tail boneor hip bone depending how you sleep...i was allllllways tossing n turning in my sleep

now i have the temper-foam type thats been pre-worn down with a 4"pillow top and a goose down shredded padded bedbug sheild/cover (so no quills to poke)! shopped for it while dating Tiger and I/we still sleep blissfully on my cloud of puffy breathable snuggle <3 i swear our bed actualy reaches out to hug us as we fall in it for bed
    Last edited by SexySweetheart; 03-13-2012 at 09:03 PM.

You know I have to agree with TCW, the best bed I can remember having the best sleep on was my water-bed. I had a wave-less heated bed and it was great. Hmmmmmmmmmm should I try one again? Damn that's a lot of work setting it up again. lol Water beds are so 1980s but???

frank13 is offline "AR's Official Turkey Bacon Expert"
    my chiropractor told me that the sleep number bed is the best bed u can buy for your back because there are no pressure points i think im going to buy one

Quote Originally Posted by frank13 View Post
    my chiropractor told me that the sleep number bed is the best bed u can buy for your back because there are no pressure points i think im going to buy one
    That's bullshit. He would have to be assuming that there's an even distribution of weight which would not happen on a sleep number. It pisses me off when doctors talk out their ass!

Razor is offline Banned
    I'm just gonna keep the bed I have then I guess mine is not that bad after all compared to he reviews I have been hearing about both..mime is definitely better then

Quote Originally Posted by Razr. View Post
    I'm just gonna keep the bed I have then I guess mine is not that bad after all compared to he reviews I have been hearing about both..mime is definitely better then
    If it ain't broke........

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Fvck both of those beds..... tempurpedic was so uncomfortable for me and it wa so hot. My boss has the sleep number and it looked like a piece of shit bed.... a glorified air mattress.

For me..... the sealy posturpedic type beds with soft pillowtops do the trick. I feel liek I'm sleeping on a cloud.....

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Fvck both of those beds..... tempurpedic was so uncomfortable for me and it wa so hot. My boss has the sleep number and it looked like a piece of shit bed.... a glorified air mattress.

For me..... the sealy posturpedic type beds with soft pillowtops do the trick. I feel like I'm sleeping on DSM.....

~Haz~
    Thanks...but I'll pass. Razr might be interested though.

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    u suck..... all of you suck.....

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information