Thread: Im a creep

cherrydrpepper is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries

Im a creep

I know some of you have beat alcohol or worse I was just wondering if there was something that turned it around for you. Im just losing the battle at the moment and dont understand why because I went to a meeting earlier.

spiketannin is offline Associate Member
    just try to be responsible when you do drink thats all i can say stay outa trouble dont drive etc... finding a good role model is also good cuz wen you get so drunk like blacked out drunk you tend too act like your role model..

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    When you drink do you do things you normally wouldn't?
    Realist: A person who sees things as they truly are. A practical person. The pessimist complains about the wind; The optimist expects it to change; The realist adjusts the sails. — William Arthur Ward

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    Only with you playboy winky-smiley face

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by spiketannin View Post
    just try to be responsible when you do drink thats all i can say stay outa trouble dont drive etc... finding a good role model is also good cuz wen you get so drunk like blacked out drunk you tend too act like your role model..
    This is like the best young cat advice ive ever heard lol like it sucks but its awesome at the same time

Quote Originally Posted by cherrydrpepper View Post
    This is like the best young cat advice ive ever heard lol like it sucks but its awesome at the same time
    thx bro

SexySweetheart is offline "Decide you want it ƸӜƷ more than your afraid of it"Recognized Member Winner - $100
    I know some of you have beat alcohol or worse I was just wondering if there was something that turned it around for you. Im just losing the battle at the moment and dont understand why because I went to a meeting earlier.
    ....getting pregnant
    ~ but I dont see you creating a small human anytime soon, you know the whole not having a uterus an all would make it a challenge for ya lol

sorry to hear of your ruff day cherry... but tomorrow is a new one

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sexy4mySweetheart View Post
    ....getting pregnant
    ~ but I dont see you creating a small human anytime soon, you know the whole not having a uterus an all would make it a challenge for ya lol

Never know until you try...
    Realist: A person who sees things as they truly are. A practical person. The pessimist complains about the wind; The optimist expects it to change; The realist adjusts the sails. — William Arthur Ward

by the way you are not a creep your a human being and its very natural what your going through but eventually if you want it bad enough trust me you will get through this!!

jasc is offline Welcome to the Good Life
    Quote Originally Posted by Sexy4mySweetheart

....getting pregnant

Arnold had a baby

You can do it Cdp!
    Last edited by jasc; 03-17-2012 at 05:54 PM.

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Do you have a sponsor? When you feel like you need a drink, call him up or go find a meeting. You have the booklet of meeting times and places in your area right?

AD
    AD is offline Knowledgeable Member
    when i think of all the sweat and blood i paid in the gym going to waste, alcohol just lost all its appeal.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    are you fishing for playmates?

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Find some new friends that dont drink.Quit thinking you have to beacuse you dont.There are plenty of other things to do besides getting drunk.This is 1st hand experence talking.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by songdog View Post
    Find some new friends that dont drink.Quit thinking you have to beacuse you dont.There are plenty of other things to do besides getting drunk.This is 1st hand experence talking.

x2 on the above advise. That is the only/best way to beat any addiction. 1st is you have to forget about, loose the old friends and stop the old habits. If you smoke stop hanging around smokers, dont go out with them on smoke brakes. Same with alcohol or any drug, you need to get away from any of the temptation, old habits and friends.

keep fightin is offline Associate Member
    lovbyts x2! whatever your spiritual persuasion a very good book says to not walk away but RUN from temptation. Dig in, cherrydrpepper, life is truly a journey.

SexySweetheart is offline "Decide you want it ƸӜƷ more than your afraid of it"Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Quote Originally Posted by songdog View Post
    oh gawd thats the honest truth!
    finding new people with new mind frames and passions are a must

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sexy4mySweetheart View Post
    oh gawd thats the honest truth!
    finding new people with new mind frames and passions are a must

That doesnt mean surround yourself with people from AA or people who think drinking is EVIL. I know that's not what you are saying Sexy but that's what lot of people do. They go from one extreme to the other and it just becomes another problem.

I'm sure it's tough if some of them are long time friends but it's best. I had to do the same with some LONG time friend due to substance abuse. It was not worth the risk being around them anymore. That does not mean you can NEVER see them again. You just dont hang out, go out or associate with them on a daily basis.

Good luck and the only way to change is for YOU to want to do it. You cant make excuses.

Razor is offline Banned
    How man beers have you had to night?

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post

That doesnt mean surround yourself with people from AA or people who think drinking is EVIL. I know that's not what you are saying Sexy but that's what lot of people do. They go from one extreme to the other and it just becomes another problem.

I'm sure it's tough if some of them are long time friends but it's best. I had to do the same with some LONG time friend due to substance abuse. It was not worth the risk being around them anymore. That does not mean you can NEVER see them again. You just dont hang out, go out or associate with them on a daily basis.

Good luck and the only way to change is for YOU to want to do it. You cant make excuses.
    yea I agree 100%
    ... for me, even being around people talking about NOT using or how they struggle with Not using drugs...was still bombarding me with talk of drugs..lol.
    so drugs were still a focus of my actions, (going to drug meetings)thoughts and talk. When we talk and focus our thoughts and time on something we invite it in our lives, feed it and keep it close to us.

I realized pretty fast that I was not only stopping for my babys safety, but to get out and beyond that life style and all that garbage it came with.

I sought out new ideas and exposures and people that bombarded me with possitive thoughts actions productive ways of being ~ *poof * I started to talk think and act differently cuz well honestly it made me feel GREAT!
    Maybe something like this could help you in the future cherry <3

xelnaga is offline Banned
    Why did you name the thread " Im a creep"? What happened?

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the good advice and laughs everyone. I wanted to respond to every comment but im just going to answer the questions asked of me. Honkey Kong I picked up two meeting lists yesterday and goal is to go to one every day for 30 or 90 days. I want a sponsor but I want one I can relate with. Razr I would conservatively estimate I average about 3 beers and a shot an hour when I drink. Its not as bad as when I was a daily drinker and had a high tolerance. Now I tend to binge drink more beer when I drink, before it was lots of liquor. Xelnaga I just like that song by radiohead.

Thanks for the good advice and laughs everyone. I wanted to respond to every comment but im just going to answer the questions asked of me. Honkey Kong I picked up two meeting lists yesterday and goal is to go to one every day for 30 or 90 days. I want a sponsor but I want one I can relate with. Razr I would conservatively estimate I average about 3 beers and a shot an hour when I drink. Its not as bad as when I was a daily drinker and had a high tolerance. Now I tend to binge drink more beer when I drink, before it was lots of liquor. Xelnaga I just like that song by radiohead.
    CDP, if you need to, go to 3 or 4 a day for 90 days. Whatever it takes. Eventually you'll find a meeting with people that you like, then you can ask the guy who is running the meeting to help you find a sponsor. It's good that you're admitting you have a problem. That's the first step towards recovery.

NEMESIS RR is offline Associate Member
    Just STOP. And yes it can be done if you choose to. No one is putting a gun to your head. I was in horrific pain for 2 years. I had an operation that went bad and was waiting for the next. I never took pain pills during the day as I wanted to sharp. One morning I couldn't focus, hand tremor, irritable, and in bad pain. I knew the signs. I was physically addicted. I never took another pill. At night I was going out of my mind in pain. Wife was destroyed seeing me like that would say just take one pill. I never did. MAN UP.

Quote Originally Posted by NEMESIS RR View Post
    Just STOP. And yes it can be done if you choose to. No one is putting a gun to your head. I was in horrific pain for 2 years. I had an operation that went bad and was waiting for the next. I never took pain pills during the day as I wanted to sharp. One morning I couldn't focus, hand tremor, irritable, and in bad pain. I knew the signs. I was physically addicted. I never took another pill. At night I was going out of my mind in pain. Wife was destroyed seeing me like that would say just take one pill. I never did. MAN UP.
    I agree that the the user ultimately has to want to stop and make a deliberate decision to do so. Contemporary society is hypersensitive to those who have addiction issues, which in some cases gives an addict more wiggle room to continue using. I remember dog the bounty hunter ( former drug addict) was arresting someone who had an addiction to ICE. Dog asked the man why he was running his life with ice. The man replied " Im addicted" . Dog quickly responded with " you dont use because your addicted you use because you like to get high!". When you hear it put that way it puts the responsibility back on the user for their actions.

My biggest reason for not drinking is how amazing it feels to have week after week of great sleep.

@ Cherry- have you ever considered anti booze medication?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by xelnaga View Post
    @ Cherry- have you ever considered anti booze medication?
    My gf knows someone in AA on this and they recommended it

My gf knows someone in AA on this and they recommended it
    I guess it comes down to how many more years you want to spend dealing with the problems that booze creates.

Doesn't AA consider cycling gear as relapsing?

Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    Doesn't AA consider cycling gear as relapsing?
    They certainly don't take issue with cigarettes and copious amounts of caffeine.

They certainly don't take issue with cigarettes and copious amounts of caffeine.
    Oh I know. I only had to go to meetings when I got snagged with possession of alcohol as a minor (and they tried me as an adult for it). Really changed my impression of what alcoholics were.

They'd invite you to go for coffee after meetings. Instead of discussing constructive things of interest like dirt biking or surfing, it was always more of just their drinking stories, a few fun ones with some depressing stories mixed in there. My Mom and the judge really convinced me that I had a drinking problem before I went to the AA meetings and when I saw those guys there, I realised I didn't. THEY DID.

People think nowadays though that I'm a recovering alcoholic because I don't drink at all.

NEMESIS RR is offline Associate Member
    I agree that the the user ultimately has to want to stop and make a deliberate decision to do so. Contemporary society is hypersensitive to those who have addiction issues, which in some cases gives an addict more wiggle room to continue using. I remember dog the bounty hunter ( former drug addict) was arresting someone who had an addiction to ICE. Dog asked the man why he was running his life with ice. The man replied " Im addicted" . Dog quickly responded with " you dont use because your addicted you use because you like to get high!". When you hear it put that way it puts the responsibility back on the user for their actions.
    Thank you. I was never vocal on the issue as I didn't know and didn't want to judge. Now I know. It is a decision. A hard one but still a decision.

What do we tell people when they can't hold a job because their boss wants them to work 8 hours and sometimes has him stay even longer for overtime sometimes because it was busy.
    Last edited by NEMESIS RR; 03-18-2012 at 08:15 PM.

wmaousley is offline American Bedoo
    I had a Major once tell me the Human can overcome anything he/she sets his/her mind too. Mind over matter, my friend. Remember your mind will fail you before your body will, so if things are triggering you to drink, stay away from them and change your daily routine.

Awesome_Archy is offline Associate Member
    I got kicked out college two months in to my first semester because i was drinking way to much every night. I just got back from spring break and can honestly say i had a lot more fun this spring break sober than anyone before. No hangovers, no tickets, no waking up with a bad tattoo (yes that actually happened to me and i have pics of it on here). When realized drinking was getting in the way of school and working out i stopped all together. Also i feel that if your friends cant respect the fact that you don't drink then F**k Em.

AD
    AD is offline Knowledgeable Member
    try a bit of psychotherapy? everytime you think of drinking, quickly think of something really painful or disgusting, like falling down a flight of stairs... or something else of your convenience.

soon, your mind will associate drinking with pain. and the urge should decrease. Should.

JP-MAN is offline Banned
    man, addiction ia a nasty bitch...
    i wish u the best with urs, remember, there are many in ur shoes, we are fighting the fight also...

good luck brother

AlphaGenetics is offline Senior Member
    Boils down to one thing...how bad do you want it?

Schmidty is offline Test Is Best!
    giving up drugs has been one of the hardest things i have ever done. It took me finding my rock bottom before i realized i had a real problem. npt everybody has the same rock bottom, sum people are smart enough to see that things are getting worse and they need to stop. It took me picking up a class b felony and ODing and dieing 2x in 2 days. Coming back to life and seeing my mom crying, screaming and paramedics saying they didnt think i was going to make it opened my eyes. I didnt have my life flash before my eyes or see any bright light, all i saw was darkness and felt the evil inside my heart. I knew that i wasnt ment for that and i had to change every aspect of my life to be the person im suppose to be. I got rid of the sleeze ball friends, the dope whore girl friend, i changed everything about myself to not be the monster that i was. I went months without talking to anybody in person, i had anxiety attacks when id be around to many people because i dint know how to talk to anybody without drugs anymore. Sumtimes you have to lose everything to realize how much life truely means to you. If throwing back a few bottles of booz is more important to you then what ever it is your going to lose because of drinking then i suggest you get sum professional help. PM me if you need to talk

havehotasianwife is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    for me, its either drinking or not drinking. there is never a in between. the first couple weeks of not drinking is really hard! i just concentrate on my workout. knowing that if i drink, im throwing my workouts down the drain. eventually it gets easier to not drink and then one day you realize its been a month since your last drink. but i promise you, atleast for me, there isnt a day that goes by that you see a sweet sexy alcohol commercial on tv and then want to go pick up the ingrediants for a nice mixed drink,, thinking you can stop at 1 or 2,,, but "I" cannot stop at 1 or 2, because then i feel like i am wasting money on the bottle,, then i find my self drinking after every workout. taking drinks in the bedroom while my wife is in the living room doing homework.... for me i cannot just have one, ive learned that i am not a social drinker, i am a drunk and have learned to say no. and now, i have the power to be able to say no while playing pool with a buddy and hes having a drink...

you can never stop until you find your "why?"
    do you have a feeling for something that is stronger than your wanting to drink?
    for me, its getting rid of my fat, being ripped. being a great husband, and someday, a great father.

my motivation.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	61729_161818640499769_100000149029104_551712_5387266_n.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	64.0 KB 
ID:	121321

Thread Information