Thread: PDA Phones ???

KeyMastur is offline VET

PDA Phones ???

Anyone own a PDA cell phone ??

Either the Samsung SPH I330

or Toshiba 2032

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    my father has the samsung model and swears by it...he has always used a PDA since the inception of the first palm pilot, so he can use it pretty effectively. the features that i have used on it before while tinkering around are pretty cool, but i found that reception took a substantial hit in some areas that my phone thrives in.

if you want to stop carrying around a cell phone + pda then i would do it if money is not an issue since combo devices like these are becoming more practical. if you have neither but want both this is definitely the choice since you will be getting an extremely high end phone + a decent PDA for under the cost of both.

SwoleDiesel662 is offline Associate Member
    I use my Compaq PDA to record my workouts with microsoft excel and for mp3's.

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Originally posted by SwoleDiesel662
    I use my Compaq PDA to record my workouts with microsoft excel and for mp3's.
    that's nice to know but not really what i'm askin....

wonderin how the use of these phones are. the first one is the newer of the samsung models. both are color screens. the second is only single band, meaning you can only use it on sprint's digital network and not analog.

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    sprint service bites and they are bastards when they fuck up your bill, which will happen.

as far as dual and tri band modes, i have roaming protection locked so i don't get service out of my digital coverage area as roaming adds up quickly...therefore my tri-band phone is in essence a single digital band.

if you plan to travel to places that are not densely populated then don't expect to get any service or any of the features that device thrives on.

but if it is going to be used in a metropolitan area and you won't need to worry about using the phone in analog mode then get it.

color screen drains the battery as my as300 with extended life li-ion only gets around 4 hours of talk time and a day or two of standby.

those phones are terribly finefficient from what i have heard, but that is true for any color device with TFT display.

maybe a pda/phone combo without color would best suit your needs?

HeartDocMD is offline AR Medical Advisor
    Funny you should post this. I actually just bought the Palm Tungsten W(threw away the ol' v60). You should check this one out. Its a GREAT phone, although you have to understand some things. One of the worst things, which I personally don't mind, is that there is no built in speaker, which means you always have to use a headset, which I use anyways.
    The Samsung was nice, but my friend who has it seemed to dislike it, and found it a bit fussy. It's reviews say its a good phone though, and I doubt you will go wrong with either choice, but I LOVE the one I chose...(I never looked into the sprint toshiba phone)...
    Last edited by HeartDocMD; 04-15-2003 at 10:22 PM.

Thread Information