Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vacation time

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member

Vacation time

It's been a while since I have had a decent vacation. In the last 1 1/2 years I have had 2 eye surgeries and on shoulder surgery having to take a couple months off of work for eye surgery #1 and 3 days off for my moms funeral does not count in my book.

Unfortunately it wont be to Thailand or Philippines this trip. The woman has boycotted Thailand 100% and I cant go to Philippines without her in tow and watching me 24/7.

I have settled for a Bahamas cruise. I will be #8 for me and #1 for the Mrs. I really do enjoy cruises, you get a chance to actually relax and the food is GREAT. Since it's the first cruise for the Mrs I am sure I made the wrong choice of getting a Suite because now she will always expect nothing less.

It's only 2 weeks away, departs Miami May 20th. Going to Key West (nothing exciting there) to Grand Cayman then Jamaica. I have not done Jamaica but have been forewarned about all the aggressive peddlers.

Unfortunately I am in about the worst shape I have been in 5 years due to all the recent set backs the last 1yr + although Ill still probably look better than 90% of the guys on-board, physically. My last cruise 3 years ago I was in the top 1%, that was nice...

Anyone else into cruises? I like to set up room service for every morning also; it's much better than an alarm clock. I have them deliver coffee, orange juice, tomato juice, fresh fruit bowl, smoked salmon, bagel, oatmeal and some eggs. Then I eat it out on my balcony while I decide to wake up or go back to bed. lol

On a side note, is it still possible to buy Valium online just in case the Mrs. gets in one of her moods so I can slip it in her food? I think it will be close to PMS time. LOL

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	de_suitebalcony_l.jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	68.0 KB 
ID:	122705

Name:	CarnivalValor01.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	48.3 KB 
ID:	122706

Zackery is offline Associate Member
    That sounds fabulous. I know the feeling. The longest I have gone without a vacation was 2 years.

I haven't been on any cruises but it has been a goal for a few years now.

I think room service will be able to supply you with some Valium. I'm sure they get requests like that all the time.

hahaha I didnt think of that.

Yeah check into cruises, they really are quite reasonable/cheap if you dont want or need all the fluff of a nice room. The interior rooms are cheap and you still get all the room service, food and everything as anyone else just not the view but how much time do you really spend in the room?

Only think that is expensive is the booze. That's where they make their killing. A buddy of mine spent almost /$400 on beer and mixed drinks in 7 days. I bring a couple of Vita Water bottles full of xxx and mix my own. I buy the 1st drink with the large souvenir glass and then mix my own. All the punch & juice is free.

I figured as much. Allot of people tell me that booze and food are quite expensive. And not just that. Sometimes you spend bucket loads to get onto the ship... and then the ladies want to go shopping. Like they couldn't have done that ashore where it's half the price.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    yep, tip your room servant day 1 $50... you will be king of his section..

if you can upgrade to a balcony it's worth every penny..

and finally the cheese and fruit platter with champagne is the best value on board..

If you can get something to help shed water weight while on the cruise you'll be all the happier, all the food is heavy with salt to preserve it, fruit and everything..

good luck..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Tip on day one? There is really nothing they can do for you extra on the cruise and tip is automatic included. I have never had bad service except for once, my first trip but that is another story...

I know it's good to tip first in hotels if you are staying more than a day or two and other times but I dont think its necessary on a cruise.

Food is FREE unless you do the special captains table menu dinning room but why??? Food is GREAT.

The only thing there is a charge for is alcohol and water in a bottle.

Agreed, after having a balcony I could not do without unless I was alone and tight on funds. The Suites are pretty nice, almost 2x the normal room size. I have done the suite a couple of times now.

warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    have fun! i like cruises basically the same reasons you listed.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    i keep saying im going to do that. They have weekend cruises to the Bahamas from her starting at $200
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    never been on a cruise before. maybe some day.....

JP-MAN is offline Banned
    ok, i love cruises and go every couple months, having miami and ft. lauderdale to sail from its very easy and cheap.

first, carnival has did away with hot breakfast for room service in the morning.
    second, u can bring valium and any other substance u want to play with on board and i mean anything., just dont bring it back.
    def bring ur own booz, it will save u a fvking ton. Balconies are the best, ur wife will love u for that.also, cruises have gone casual for dinners, used to be everyone got dressed up. i can say i wear jeans and a nice shirt with sandals to all dinners except the formals, then i wear slacks with no tie or coat....
    pack light and enjoy, i was on that ship a couple months ago...

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Tia sheboys FTW.
    Realist: A person who sees things as they truly are. A practical person. The pessimist complains about the wind; The optimist expects it to change; The realist adjusts the sails. — William Arthur Ward

gearbox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I love going on a cruise. I have been on the one you are currently going on. I however did not stay in a nice room like yourself. I typically stay down below. We are never in the room that much anyways.
    cruise
    sight seeing
    food is amazing
    shows are cool
    gambling
    laying out reading a book or taking a nap

Is your girl your wife or gf?

yep.. tip day one.. and it's been a couple yrs but the tip is not included on Carnival, which is what i always go on..

but seems you are seasoned enough... what to see some cruise trophies?? yes, i'm that competitive..

Rules

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.

Flier is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    It's been a while since I have had a decent vacation. In the last 1 1/2 years I have had 2 eye surgeries and on shoulder surgery having to take a couple months off of work for eye surgery #1 and 3 days off for my moms funeral does not count in my book.

Unfortunately it wont be to Thailand or Philippines this trip. The woman has boycotted Thailand 100% and I cant go to Philippines without her in tow and watching me 24/7.

I have settled for a Bahamas cruise. I will be #8 for me and #1 for the Mrs. I really do enjoy cruises, you get a chance to actually relax and the food is GREAT. Since it's the first cruise for the Mrs I am sure I made the wrong choice of getting a Suite because now she will always expect nothing less.

It's only 2 weeks away, departs Miami May 20th. Going to Key West (nothing exciting there) to Grand Cayman then Jamaica. I have not done Jamaica but have been forewarned about all the aggressive peddlers.

Unfortunately I am in about the worst shape I have been in 5 years due to all the recent set backs the last 1yr + although Ill still probably look better than 90% of the guys on-board, physically. My last cruise 3 years ago I was in the top 1%, that was nice...

Anyone else into cruises? I like to set up room service for every morning also; it's much better than an alarm clock. I have them deliver coffee, orange juice, tomato juice, fresh fruit bowl, smoked salmon, bagel, oatmeal and some eggs. Then I eat it out on my balcony while I decide to wake up or go back to bed. lol

On a side note, is it still possible to buy Valium online just in case the Mrs. gets in one of her moods so I can slip it in her food? I think it will be close to PMS time. LOL

Name:	de_suitebalcony_l.jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	68.0 KB 
ID:	122705

Name:	CarnivalValor01.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	48.3 KB 
ID:	122706
    According to DSM there is.

Have fun brother!
    Looks awesome, never been on a cruise, but will definitely do a Caribbean cruise in the near future. Those Alaska cruises looks nice to.
    Suite is definitely the way to go, enhances your vacation considerably.

JP-MAN is offline Banned
    carnival bills ur sign and sail card daily about 10 bucks per person for the tips.
    but do as SPY said, throw him a 50 trhe first day, and u will be set...

ok. so back to this valium thing....

....so does it dissolve easily in the woman's glass of wine?

....and no, not thinking of doing such a horrible thing so that i can go out clubbing later and pick up some strange, laws no!

just inject 1mg pt 141 into her.. she's solid for 3 days of whoring and she can blame her actions on the drug..

Rules

Quote Originally Posted by spywizard View Post
    just inject 1mg pt 141 into her.. she's solid for 3 days of whoring and she can blame her actions on the drug..
    don't tempt me, I still have a dozen or so amps of that shit! =)

SEOINAGE is offline Anabolic Member
    This makes me really want to take my wife on a cruise next spring. She will deserve it after the rest of this year is over. Maybe I am just too stingy with money or what I dunno, just keep thinking I can't afford to do something like that. Maybe I need to ask for another raise or start looking to work for someone else that pays better and gives me more vacation. Or work towards being self employed, or getting a masters degree.

Anyways I hope you have a good trip. Sounds like you have put in your dues the past couple years and really need a real vacation, I am glad you are able to. Be safe and have a good time.

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    I am booked for a cruise next April my 1st my wifes 4th.But I got you beat bro I have not been on vacation since I was 16.But I am ending that streak and I hope you have a great time

BreakingFace is offline Banned
    A cruise in the middle of a bulk would be ideal! I wish I had access to a buffet everyday.

gearbox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    problem with bulk on a cruise, is the sodium content in the food is super high as stated above...you would have to keep close eye on the bp

and these cruise ships have a full gym?

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    most do.
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

depends on what you think a full gym is..

power training? nope..

getting your swole on.. you bet.. great view of the hotties in there too.. no fatties will be there they are all on the aloha deck..

Rules

Quote Originally Posted by JP-MAN View Post
    ok, i love cruises and go every couple months, having miami and ft. lauderdale to sail from its very easy and cheap.

first, carnival has did away with hot breakfast for room service in the morning.
    second, u can bring valium and any other substance u want to play with on board and i mean anything., just dont bring it back.
    def bring ur own booz, it will save u a fvking ton. Balconies are the best, ur wife will love u for that.also, cruises have gone casual for dinners, used to be everyone got dressed up. i can say i wear jeans and a nice shirt with sandals to all dinners except the formals, then i wear slacks with no tie or coat....
    pack light and enjoy, i was on that ship a couple months ago...
    Agreed, all the above have been my experiences. Typically they have one formal night still. No HOT breakfast? No bacon, eggs, oatmeal for room service? I can live with that as long as they have my fruit, juices, smoked salmon and bagel. We can eat hot later. Yeah I always try to pack light. I need room for the extra large souvenir booze bottles on the way home.

I have found the booze on the islands are watered down, even the Rum.

What did you think of the ship? Looks like it fairly new and got a face lift just last year.

It's also fun because most of the workers on board are typically Filipino or Thai. It's fun when you get a big smile from a Thai girl for saying hello or thank you in her native tongue or talk to a Filipino girl about local places that most tourist have not been and makes them feel like you appreciate their home more. I will have to be careful how much talking/flirting I do in front of the little woman this time. lol

Quote Originally Posted by spywizard View Post
    yep.. tip day one.. and it's been a couple yrs but the tip is not included on Carnival, which is what i always go on..

but seems you are seasoned enough... what to see some cruise trophies?? yes, i'm that competitive..
    I'm not sure what you are thinking but ever one I have been on (7 Carnival) the tips are worked in and it's even stated on the webpage. They also ask for extra gratuity the last day but the fee charged to your credit card was $10 and now is $11.50 per person, per day, effective for voyages departing on or after De***ber 1, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by JP-MAN View Post
    carnival bills ur sign and sail card daily about 10 bucks per person for the tips.
    but do as SPY said, throw him a 50 trhe first day, and u will be set...
    OK maybe I'm missing something, so what can I expect for this $50? I'm sort of old fashioned and like to Tip for extra good service, not to pay for the service I should be getting. What is he/she going to do that would not normally be done?

ok. so back to this valium thing....

....so does it dissolve easily in the woman's glass of wine?

....and no, not thinking of doing such a horrible thing so that i can go out clubbing later and pick up some strange, laws no!
    No that would be a bad idea. Valium use to be handed out to women like candy but they stopped because it worked so well to make them calm, mellow and not so moody.. Although it makes them relax it does not knock them out so Ambien is a much better choice for spiking the wine and slipping out why she catches a few zzzz

Typically no free weight except maybe some dumbbells but they have most everything else and it's all new/nice. They also have Steam room & dry sauna as well as Hot tub that is not used by the general public so much and no kids. The view is spectacular also in the weight room, you overlook the front of the ship so you run or ride bikes typically to a very nice view of the ocean.

Of course it's funny seeing people in there during the day who you know have not been in a weight room in many many years if ever who decided the cruise is a good time to start. lol

Quote Originally Posted by songdog View Post
    I am booked for a cruise next April my 1st my wifes 4th.But I got you beat bro I have not been on vacation since I was 16.But I am ending that streak and I hope you have a great time
    Nice, I'm sure you will have a great time. April is a good time, school is still going so the prices are low still. They jump up June 1st. Any idea what cruise line you are going yet? Most of the time it's cheaper to book further out.
    Last edited by lovbyts; 05-07-2012 at 09:54 PM.

Steam room? Is it co-ed? =)

SexySweetheart is offline "Decide you want it ƸӜƷ more than your afraid of it"Recognized Member Winner - $100
    op...SWEET! have fun!

were leaving next week for vaca...although its with family so not sure how relaxing it will actually be lol

Bigdog99 is offline Member
    Went on the same Cruise with my cousin (different Carnival Ship....but same stops) before I got married. We had a blast. Yes...there are areas you def want to avoid in Jamaica. The Cruise ship will tell you the areas to stay out of......of course being young (and dumb) that was the first place my Cuz and I went too to score some partyables! Wasn't many available women on the ship.....at least what I can remember.....but I was drunk most of the time!

Last day of work before my trip. Trip is not actually for a couple of days but I mostly post at work and it's my last day at work so farewell fellow forum members, it's time for my short break.

Good timing. I was at PT yesterday and they said I need to do LESS work/lifting and more stretching with my arm/shoulder. I have been busy at my moms house clearing out the garage, removing shelves that are screwed to the walls and such preparing the place for market. He is right, I have been lifting, using the are way to much and not stretching as much as I should but I'm pretty much done for now, no more lifting so I can get back to stretching.

You lucky fish! Hope you enjoy and that you return well rested.

wmaousley is offline American Bedoo
    I am going to cruise on Test for a while. Have a blast my man

Quote Originally Posted by wmaousley View Post
    I am going to cruise on Test for a while. Have a blast my man
    That's sounds like a good plan, cruise and blast.

It's going to be a little while still before my next blast.

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Besides eating and gambling, what is there to do on these cruise ships while you're out at sea? I mean you can't exactly go fishing off the deck can you?

auswest is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong
    Besides eating and gambling, what is there to do on these cruise ships while you're out at sea? I mean you can't exactly go fishing off the deck can you?
    Reeeeelax and forget about all the troubles in the world...

Oh and plenty of sex!!!

auswest is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    I wonder if there is a cruise for swingers, now that would be a vacation!

LOL, no there is no fishing. There is 24/7 entertainment. Each ship has at least one dance club if not more and several more laid back bar type scenes. Full size gambling rooms, several live shows, comedian shows and movies. There is also a decent weight room, put put golf, several hot tubs, at least one large pool with slides and various other entertainment going on around the ship. They are actually pretty good at having something going pretty much all the time in the way of entertainment. Also typically the ships are not at sea more than one day at a time so you stop at some port/island and get of to do some shopping or sight seeing. Oh yeah most ships have several stores/shops to buy things in including pretty good prices on higher end alcohol and souvenir type.

There is also just sun bathing and looking at all the other sights on-board. Typically you end up getting to know a few new people so you also spend time shooting the breeze with them. I have meet a few interesting people in the past. One older guy was a pretty popular photographer and writer for national geographer and other wild life magazines who does a lot of underwater type photography.

Quote Originally Posted by auswest View Post
    Yup there are those also but typically it's older single people, no quite what most of us are looking for. I looked into a few several years ago but the more I found out the more I was not interested.

Oh and most ships have a topless deck.

Quote Originally Posted by auswest View Post
    a sex cruise.... Now there is a idea. Who has $12 billion lying around so that we can build a nudist cruise ship...?? That shit would make money.

Quote Originally Posted by Zackery View Post
    a sex cruise.... Now there is a idea. Who has $12 billion lying around so that we can build a nudist cruise ship...?? That shit would make money.
    The problem is it never ends up the way you/we want. It's always 80% fat old men and 20% fat old women, not exactly the type of swinging we are looking for. If you put an age limit of 30 and under and weight limit's I'm sure it would not take long to be sued.

you have a fair point. This could have ended very badly.

Then we will just have to have a "approved by application" policy. In the application you have to specify all your details. So then you have to qualify to go onto our cruise ship. That or we have to make it insanely expensive. Rich guys have hot girls. With expensive boobs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information