awms is offline Senior Member

paleo diet or low carb, high fat for optimal leanness

Any of you use a paleo or low carb high fat diet? I don't mean for cutting but just for every day life....I'm convinced it's the the key for optimal size and strength gains while staying lean or loosing fat! I have played with it but I was getting tired of the bloated feeling after having to consume so many carbs to get enough calories! I also got tired of the yoyo cutting and bulking. Now I eat very low carb! and very very high fat! I only take in carbs post workout and if I had a really hard workout then Il add a small amount of complex carb's with my post workout meal about an hour later....other then that almost zero carb's and I have to say I feel great! getting leaner and larger every day!

keep fightin is offline Associate Member
    the getting larger part is great! intake dependent of course, my wife feeds me veggies and lean meat all day and I feel strong,lean and mean! there are Paleo doubters and I doubt they have tried a well designed meal plan. my fat intake is usually in the 30-40% range couple days a week, holding my BF around 11-13% for another month or so

SexySweetheart is offline "Decide you want it ƸӜƷ more than your afraid of it"Recognized Member Winner - $100
    congrats!
    I like the paleo and low carb ALOT, struggle with dedication to it loooooong term though

awms is offline Senior Member
    Yeah it can be hard at times to stick with especially in the beginning! the hardest part is walking past all the bread and cookies at the store haha but its feels good eating beef covered in cheese and bacon for breakfast! lol

keep fightin is offline Associate Member
    Oh yeah! a crappy cookie? drag something down and EAT it! bliss..

Thread Information