Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    DeadlyD is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyD

I just read back my own reply, and thought to my self, ya I would do it again but with different choices, like waiting longer then I did to have kids and saving more money and not financing everything !!! but yes, it is nice 70% of the time to come home to a loving family, but fvck man, I would be so nice to come home to an empty quiet house, that I could do whatever I want! but just for maybe a week once a year?!? haha is that too much to ask?
    actually more then one week a year!!

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    Why not do it? LoL

I am really looking into a job where I travel at least 25% of the time.

Sounds like a damn good idea. Not too much travel required but some.

Go sight see & stuff. . . . LMAO

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by Razr. View Post
    Ok I have a magic wand and I just gave you a second chance, what would you do? There has got to be a good feeling coming home to kids and a wife that love you, supper on the table and sex whenever you want it.
    You know how many people will tell you "if you hate sex, get married?"

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    I was once in your same boat Razr. I had a nice girl, broke up with her a little over a year ago. I thought I wanted the wife and kids thing. I was happy with her but not happy and settled with my own life. I broke it off with her. Then spent the better part of a year trying to get her back. In the mean time after many months of being alone and by myself for the first time in ten years. I found that I needed some time to fix what was wrong in my life, before I could build it with someone else. I had let a bad relationship that went on for years and years change who I was as a person. I was once always positive, happy and full of joy. The relationship that I was in beat me down and left me as a wounded and much different person. To be honest I didnt like who I was and wanted to be the person I was before.

I mistakenly jumped into relationship after relationship with a lot of anger in my heart still. Finally, after basically losing this last girl I dated that was my best friend and the person I really wanted to be with. I realized just how unhappy I had been and just how bad I was to her. I took time off, 8 or so months without dating or anything. Finally I decided that I had healed up enough and forgave all those who had hurt me in the past and forgave myself for being a bastard to the last girl.

Now that I am happier with myself, I am having the time of my life. 31, no kids, have my own business, lots of time to workout, and pretty much care free. I get more chicks than I ever did. Honestly I am not ready to slow down just yet. I am still working on being ready for that next girl that I feel I want to be with. And have a fair shot at of building a life together if thats what I want to do.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

FONZY007 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Well said musclescience

Razor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    I was once in your same boat Razr. I had a nice girl, broke up with her a little over a year ago. I thought I wanted the wife and kids thing. I was happy with her but not happy and settled with my own life. I broke it off with her. Then spent the better part of a year trying to get her back. In the mean time after many months of being alone and by myself for the first time in ten years. I found that I needed some time to fix what was wrong in my life, before I could build it with someone else. I had let a bad relationship that went on for years and years change who I was as a person. I was once always positive, happy and full of joy. The relationship that I was in beat me down and left me as a wounded and much different person. To be honest I didnt like who I was and wanted to be the person I was before.

I mistakenly jumped into relationship after relationship with a lot of anger in my heart still. Finally, after basically losing this last girl I dated that was my best friend and the person I really wanted to be with. I realized just how unhappy I had been and just how bad I was to her. I took time off, 8 or so months without dating or anything. Finally I decided that I had healed up enough and forgave all those who had hurt me in the past and forgave myself for being a bastard to the last girl.

Now that I am happier with myself, I am having the time of my life. 31, no kids, have my own business, lots of time to workout, and pretty much care free. I get more chicks than I ever did. Honestly I am not ready to slow down just yet. I am still working on being ready for that next girl that I feel I want to be with. And have a fair shot at of building a life together if thats what I want to do.
    Well said, genuine too.

keep fightin is offline Associate Member
    might make some of you guys puke , got black Sabbath blasting, last of 5 kids tucked away, finishing my paleo dinner my wife of 27 years prepared after kicking me out of the house to workout after we both took our shot of T. She is texting me from upstairs to get my ass up there and take care of her needs now! have our own own home based business last 25 years, dog, crazy parties with very secure couples now and then, couple of nice vacations every year. reading this makes me think this is BS! without her I would be a homeless guy maybe getting my face eaten off, our grown kids routinely get annoyed at our public displays of affection.. I consider myself incredibly lucky...

Razor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by keep fightin View Post
    might make some of you guys puke , got black Sabbath blasting, last of 5 kids tucked away, finishing my paleo dinner my wife of 27 years prepared after kicking me out of the house to workout after we both took our shot of T. She is texting me from upstairs to get my ass up there and take care of her needs now! have our own own home based business last 25 years, dog, crazy parties with very secure couples now and then, couple of nice vacations every year. reading this makes me think this is BS! without her I would be a homeless guy maybe getting my face eaten off, our grown kids routinely get annoyed at our public displays of affection.. I consider myself incredibly lucky...
    Can you adopt me

Blog Entries
    I wanna see how you feel when you are 55-60. Who gives a shit what you look like then.

If you don't have family you ain't got shit when you are old.

Nooomoto is offline Productive Member
    I've got a rather nice house, solid career, no kids, a girlfriend that will in all likelihood end up being my wife. We plan on having kids, I'm not as excited about the prospect as she is. As far as having grown-up get togethers? Eh...the vast majority of my friends are rugby players, and we party like rugby players, which generally does not involve very high levels of maturity and sophistication. In that sense I feel like I never grew up. I have no interest in going to some dress up dinner party where we all sit at a table with acquaintances and pretend to like eachother. I'm very lucky in that my gf doesn't try to force me into double date type situations with her friends and their boyfriends, she understands how I am. She is also usually happy to come along with myself and my drunken rugby player friends, only complaining sometimes.

I think I'm an "adult" in all aspects, with the exception of my social life.

JD250 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Picket fence my ass!!! Read the directions on your meds and stop reading those sappy romance novels Razr!!! Somebody has to paint that gawdamned picket fence you know, and mow the freakin yard and who told you you would have supper waiting and have sex whenever you wanted it...BWAHHHHHAAAAAA!!!!!!! What a hoot!!

Quote Originally Posted by JD250
    Picket fence my ass!!! Read the directions on your meds and stop reading those sappy romance novels Razr!!! Somebody has to paint that gawdamned picket fence you know, and mow the freakin yard and who told you you would have supper waiting and have sex whenever you wanted it...BWAHHHHHAAAAAA!!!!!!! What a hoot!!
    ^^^^^ lol exactly !!! getting married means less sex with the same woman for the rest of your life...unless you can convince her to swing!!

Razor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by samson_420
    I wanna see how you feel when you are 55-60. Who gives a shit what you look like then.

If you don't have family you ain't got shit when you are old.
    Ain't that the truth

Razor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyD

^^^^^ lol exactly !!! getting married means less sex with the same woman for the rest of your life...unless you can convince her to swing!!
    Why don't the wives want to give it up after they get married? Wtf the don't like sex?

Blog Entries
    Why don't the wives want to give it up after they get married? Wtf the don't like sex?

Mine always did, but she just didn't turn me on after she gained near a 100Lbs.

It's me usually who doesn't wanna fvck. Yet, I will fvck just about any strange. Kinda sucks, monogamy seems like a real issue for me. Since I love my GF, but I just want mad strange.

Shol'va is offline Productive Member
    Sounds like someone is bumming. Dude do what makes you happy. Just make the right choices. Marriage with kids is a hell of a commitment. So be sure you are both emotionally and financially ready to take the plunge. And just because you look down and see confetti and smell peanuts doesn't mean the parade has passed you by....

Razor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Shol'va
    Sounds like someone is bumming. Dude do what makes you happy. Just make the right choices. Marriage with kids is a hell of a commitment. So be sure you are both emotionally and financially ready to take the plunge. And just because you look down and see confetti and smell peanuts doesn't mean the parade has passed you by....
    Man I think its were I live. I have to get outa here. This place is great to visit for vacation but sucks to live.

Quote Originally Posted by JD250
    Lol JD i knew you would come threw, on a side note I painted my fence just about 2 years ago an i was looking at it last night when i cut and watered my grass... Looks like it needs to be painted again ugh...

frank13 is offline "AR's Official Turkey Bacon Expert"
    my life sucks i have shit if hard work payed off id be a rich man

Quote Originally Posted by Razr.

haha they do ...just on their terms!

Blog Entries
    Ain't that the truth
    I came to that conclusion when I got to a point that I am at now. I feel like I have 2-3 of everything, really - no shit. (own my house, own 3 cars, got plenty of $ and all other toys I can ask for) < Actually I need to buy a boat this summer.

Just decided I needed a real family, my parents were never really there for me. Sort of, kind of I guess.

I love myself, but now there is one person I love even more - my son(I never believed it could happen).

Plus my Gf has little sisters (10&11). None of them ever had any parents that helped any of them with crap. We decided to take the responsibility to bring them up. I never felt more appreciated, those kids look up to me. It's the best feeling I had yet. . . .

No matter what I do outside of my house, the home life is 100% legit. I never bring any of my BS home with me. That shit stays outside the door, how I am on here is a complete 180 from me at home. I just need to let my BS out elsewhere but home.

Jessgirl is offline Female Member
    Blog Entries
    Everyone is different... I'm 33with two great kids, all my ex wanted to do was party. Now. I bust my ass to have nice things and wouldn't change. A thing..I'm with someone who enjoys everything with me and kids. We have fun everyday and have an amazing sex life,which I believe is so important in any relationship! I feel very lucky right now but I went through a lot to get here and I do believe life is too short not to be happy! Everything will fall in place for you: )

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessgirl View Post
    have an amazing sex life,which I believe is so important in any relationship!
    Agree for sure, just sometimes it's hard to come by. Damn wants!

Razor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FONZY007

Lol JD i knew you would come threw, on a side note I painted my fence just about 2 years ago an i was looking at it last night when i cut and watered my grass... Looks like it needs to be painted again ugh...
    Better paint it white

Man I think its were I live. I have to get outa here. This place is great to visit for vacation but sucks to live.
    If you think SD sucks to live, try Vegas. This place is hell on earth. If not for fishing and the gym, I'd go crazy here.

cherrydrpepper is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Razr I can say I have had a lot of personal problems in life. When I get down I sometimes think of this quote:

"Its never too late to become what you could have been."

The only questions you have to answer is what do you want and how will you get there.

Razor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessgirl View Post
    Everyone is different... I'm 33with two great kids, all my ex wanted to do was party. Now. I bust my ass to have nice things and wouldn't change. A thing..I'm with someone who enjoys everything with me and kids. We have fun everyday and have an amazing sex life,which I believe is so important in any relationship! I feel very lucky right now but I went through a lot to get here and I do believe life is too short not to be happy! Everything will fall in place for you: )
    GD if you were my GF I would be in heaven! Thanks though for the words of encouragement

Vettester is offline Banned
    Success breeds success! Everyone (for the most part) pays their dues to get to various points in their life. The trick is knowing who to align yourself with, and who to distance yourself from during your journey to get there.

Most successful people that started out with little, but ended up living the American dream usually share some similar attributes. For starters, at some point they outlined their objectives (short-term) and goals (long-term). They worked hard and SMART to get good at what they do. I say "smart", because I've seen tons of people work real hard only to achieve mediocrity. The big variable is "risks". To separate yourself and shape your image, you have to be willing to take a risk.

And ... It's highly essential that the GF/future wife you pick believes in you. If you find a girl that doesn't support your vision, then move on. Unless of course she's the better visionary, then recognize her ability for success, support it, and incorporate it into your regime. My first marriage was a disaster! I was young, dumb & full of c*m. I would have never developed my potential if somehow that divorce didn't happen. After five years on my own, learning and growing, I met someone who was completely different from the first round. Even with that said, I waited it out three (3) more years before getting married again. She stayed consistent and invested in me, and 13 years later here we are living the dream that we outlined together.

Surround yourself with positive minded people, who know how to achieve their dreams with competency and vision, not entitlement, and your potential for opportunity will be much greater than just going with the grain like so many do again, and again ...

Nicotine is offline Anabolic Member
    My life is pretty good.

I put %50 down on my house...the mortgage with land taxes in every month is just a few dollars over $500 a month.

My 3 dogs are more than I could have hoped for.

I have 2 cars (2008 Honda Si Supercharged and a 2009 honda fit with full mugen package) payed for.

I have awesome electronics.

BUT, I don't live beyond my means to keep up appearances. I don't need BMW's and a huge house to make me happy. My life is pretty modest and I like it that way. I'm not stretched out pay to pay, week by week. Maybe I could get myself a really nice bmw/mercedes and look the part, but to sink myself into debt would be dumb - and i'm happy keeping it simple.

I saw my parents own their huge home. the cars. the clothes. the appearance........ to the outside world, they looked successful. while they made great money, it was all thrown into debt/mortgages/payments...and for what? I saw them struggle week to week to balance things. I saw the fights and stress it caused - and for nothing. Just to LOOK successful.

I say keep it simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Razr.

Better paint it white
    It's white, just needs repainting

Gaspari1255 is offline Anabolic Member
    This thread is really interesting to me. Today, I was thinking about how I have just about nothing. I'm 23 and just graduated school, haven't gotten a real career yet, and I'm in about $30k worth of debt for my education. I was promised a decent paying salary job fresh out of college, and when it was all said and done, it was a big fvcking scam. So, I am back to bouncing clubs again for a whopping $120 a night. I drive a shitty $1500 car, live in a shitty apartment, can't even afford a nice cell phone or television. I really don't have too much family remaining (most are addicts or alcoholics who have done nothing for me), so lately I've been wondering about the good life - the white picket fence, children, pets, and nice home - and I am hoping that one done all of my hard work I put into getting myself and education and staying on track will actually pay off..

The sad part is when it comes to women and dating, I will never get a girlfriend until I am financially better. I get hit on by a lot of girls - whether it's at the club at work, at the grocery store, going to the beach - etc. However, as soon as they see the car I drive, and realize that I don't have much $, I never hear from them again. It's a reoccurring theme over and over. I'm at the point now where I just don't even go on dates any more - I'm just pissing in the wind. Getting a one night stand is a hell of a lot easier than getting a woman to settle down with or stay with you. One night stand is basically judged off of your looks and personality, too sudden to know about one's financial state.

I'm hoping shit will get better in the next few months and I will actually land a career, it's about time my luck starts to change.
    Last edited by Gaspari1255; 06-01-2012 at 11:25 PM.

Razor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronzer View Post
    This thread is really interesting to me. Today, I was thinking about how I have just about nothing. I'm 23 and just graduated school, haven't gotten a real career yet, and I'm in about $30k worth of debt for my education. I was promised a decent paying salary job fresh out of college, and when it was all said and done, it was a big fvcking scam. So, I am back to bouncing clubs again for a whopping $120 a night. I drive a shitty $1500 car, live in a shitty apartment, can't even afford a nice cell phone or television. I really don't have too much family remaining (most are addicts or alcoholics who have done nothing for me), so lately I've been wondering about the good life - the white picket fence, children, pets, and nice home - and I am hoping that one done all of my hard work I put into getting myself and education and staying on track will actually pay off..

The sad part is when it comes to women and dating, I will never get a girlfriend until I am financially better. I get hit on by a lot of girls - whether it's at the club at work, at the grocery store, going to the beach - etc. However, as soon as they see the car I drive, and realize that I don't have much $, I never hear from them again. It's a reoccurring theme over and over. I'm at the point now where I just don't even go on dates any more - I'm just pissing in the wind. Getting a one night stand is a hell of a lot easier than getting a woman to settle down with or stay with you. One night stand is basically judged off of your looks and personality, too sudden to know about one's financial state.

I'm hoping shit will get better in the next few months and I will actually land a career, it's about time my luck starts to change.
    Trust me more money does not make anything better, I seem to have all the money I need I have all the latest high tech drugs, electronics, trucks, cars, ipads, ipods, golf clubs headphones, tv's, I could keep going, this that and another and still have not found true happiness. Just makes me more dependent on them to fill a void.
    Last edited by Razor; 06-02-2012 at 12:00 AM.

Trust me more money does not make anything better, I seem to have all the money I need I have all the latest high tech drugs, electronics, trucks, cars, ipads, ipods, golf clubs headphones, tv's, I could keep going, this that and another and still have not found true happiness. Just makes me more dependent on them to fill a void.
    You're buying the wrong stuff. You live in SD, get a sail boat and do some traveling with it. Have an adventure. I mean that's just an example. But do some crazy adventure you normally wouldn't do.

Razor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong

You're buying the wrong stuff. You live in SD, get a sail boat and do some traveling with it. Have an adventure. I mean that's just an example. But do some crazy adventure you normally wouldn't do.
    Damn man you should come out to sd and show me how to have fun again, I seem to have lost it along the way

Skyrinegt is offline Associate Member
    I still don't get the whole wife game thing but it seems to be the same with all of them so I put up with the one I have heh!

Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    There's this stigma in society that if you're not married with a solid job, a nice house and married with kids by 30, there must be something wrong with you.

I'm in my mid-30's and I finally finished schooling last year. With a bit of luck i'll be in a "solid" job soon if a particular job interview pays off and not stuck in the shit one im in now. I'm single but an ex of mine wants to get back together. I'm not sure how that will work out, but I do know she's the only one i've ever wanted to settle down with.

I'm not sure I want kids. My sister has a large family and I enjoy seeing them, but after too long I just want peace and quiet again. As far as a house goes, i'd rather live somewhere a bit more humble as owning a house seems to be a financial prison these days.

I do feel my life will change drastically if I get this new job. What comes after that, well time will tell. Don't feel compelled to have or do these things cause every other drone around you does or says you should. Have and own these things only if you want to.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    the wife and i dont want kids. We do the grown up get togethers and also still go out and get fvcked up sometimes. Just because your old enough for one doesnt mean your to old for another.
    We dont have a house. I really dont want a house. We both rather a nice townhouse
    Can you make me one. I'm buy you a new gixxer.
    Realist: A person who sees things as they truly are. A practical person. The pessimist complains about the wind; The optimist expects it to change; The realist adjusts the sails. — William Arthur Ward

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by Flagg View Post
    There's this stigma in society that if you're not married with a solid job, a nice house and married with kids by 30, there must be something wrong with you.
    I dont know where this stigma is. It was on the news months ago that the average age fir a woman to get married is now 30. Any couple i know that got married the girl was in her late 20's and the guy in his 30's. my wife is one of the few girls i know that married young and i was in my early 30's.
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Bronzer View Post

Your 23 and fresh out of college. Nothing wrong with dating. But you shouldnt be looking to settle down. You have your whole life ahead of you. You will change in the next few years

I'm sorry but money makes everything better. It may not make things perfect. But you arent happy with out a family. Now take away all your toys how happy are you?
    Or say you meet the perfect girl but cant afford to take her out and date. How happy are you going to be?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information