Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    grumpee is offline Associate Member
    Im 35 been married for 15 years and have a daughter. I own a new house ( paid off) have a new truck and getting ready to buy the wife a new lexus. I also own a construction company. Am I happy ? hell no. I have to work 6-7 days a week 12 plus hours a day to keep my company where it needs to be. I barely go out with my wife or daughter. Only time Im happy is during hunting season when Im away from reality.

I have money, a nice house and a decent family. Still dont make me happy. I much rather be poor and single and be out banging chicks to be honest

DeadlyD is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vetteman08
    Success breeds success! Everyone (for the most part) pays their dues to get to various points in their life. The trick is knowing who to align yourself with, and who to distance yourself from during your journey to get there.

Most successful people that started out with little, but ended up living the American dream usually share some similar attributes. For starters, at some point they outlined their objectives (short-term) and goals (long-term). They worked hard and SMART to get good at what they do. I say "smart", because I've seen tons of people work real hard only to achieve mediocrity. The big variable is "risks". To separate yourself and shape your image, you have to be willing to take a risk.

And ... It's highly essential that the GF/future wife you pick believes in you. If you find a girl that doesn't support your vision, then move on. Unless of course she's the better visionary, then recognize her ability for success, support it, and incorporate it into your regime. My first marriage was a disaster! I was young, dumb & full of c*m. I would have never developed my potential if somehow that divorce didn't happen. After five years on my own, learning and growing, I met someone who was completely different from the first round. Even with that said, I waited it out three (3) more years before getting married again. She stayed consistent and invested in me, and 13 years later here we are living the dream that we outlined together.

Surround yourself with positive minded people, who know how to achieve their dreams with competency and vision, not entitlement, and your potential for opportunity will be much greater than just going with the grain like so many do again, and again ...
    ^^^^ this is great insite, I totally agree.

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by grumpee View Post
    Im 35 been married for 15 years and have a daughter. I own a new house ( paid off) have a new truck and getting ready to buy the wife a new lexus. I also own a construction company. Am I happy ? hell no. I have to work 6-7 days a week 12 plus hours a day to keep my company where it needs to be. I barely go out with my wife or daughter. Only time Im happy is during hunting season when Im away from reality.

I have money, a nice house and a decent family. Still dont make me happy. I much rather be poor and single and be out banging chicks to be honest
    This is exactly where I don't want to be.

I may not have the big fancy house. But, I own everything and have no debt or have the reason to get in any.

Quote Originally Posted by samson_420

I may not have the big fancy house. But, I own everything and have no debt or have the reason to get in any.
    one day your gonna want a nice house for your family, and unless you buy that house in cash, you will have a mortgage! but a house is an investment!! its better to pay off your mortgage then your landlords.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyD View Post
    one day your gonna want a nice house for your family, and unless you buy that house in cash, you will have a mortgage! but a house is an investment!! its better to pay off your mortgage then your landlords.
    i have always thought of a house as a bad investment. Most arent paying cash. So figure in what you really pay for your home with interest. Plus the taxes and insurance. Time and cost of up keep and up grades. Not worth it IMO
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

Quote Originally Posted by samson_420 View Post

The only good side is I will be retired by age 40 with 0 debt. But to have anything good and keep anything good there is always sacrifice

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    i have always thought of a house as a bad investment. Most arent paying cash. So figure in what you really pay for your home with interest. Plus the taxes and insurance. Time and cost of up keep and up grades. Not worth it IMO
    There are a few very specific areas where the property value is still rising, so you can buy a house and flip it in 5 years to a nice little profit. Providing their property values continue to rise. Owning a few rental units though seems like the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1

I own a couple properties that I rent out, in my job my pension is garbage!! so when I retire, ill sell my houses and this will be my income.

I own a couple properties that I rent out, in my job my pension is garbage!! so when I retire, ill sell my houses and this will be my income.
    well that makes sense because you are getting income from it. I mean some people look at a house they live in as an investment. I dont believe that.

Blog Entries
    This was my plan also. I bought the place I am in now with cash and wanted to get more. But, lost my job and the heavy income is gone.

But, buying a house under a note is a joke. Sooo, if I get a house - I am 31, I will pay it off when I am 61? Shit

If I ever got another house under a note it would have to be manageable. Meaning I would have to be able to pay if off under 10 years at the most.

This was my plan also. I bought the place I am in now with cash and wanted to get more. But, lost my job and the heavy income is gone.

But, buying a house under a note is a joke. Sooo, if I get a house - I am 31, I will pay it off when I am 61? Shit

If I ever got another house under a note it would have to be manageable. Meaning I would have to be able to pay if off under 10 years at the most.
    I dont know what homes go for where you live. but most places i lived its impossible for 99% to buy cash.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    I dont know what homes go for where you live. but most places i lived its impossible for 99% to buy cash.
    I'm in Arizona. You can score a house nower days for about 80k+

At 80k, if it's in the Tempe or Phoenix area (or near it), it'd be worth your while to buy a house there and wait it out to a better market. Think about sitting on it for 5-10 years then selling for double when the housing market somewhat recovers.

ok, see most places i lived you cant touch that. the first house i bought was just over 700sq ft. 2 bed 1 bath. Pretty much an apartment. That was over $230k.

My mom just sold my grandmothers home. It was a 2 family. But like 100 years old. Needs a ton of work and she just got $220k for it.

Blog Entries
    It would be great to buy a few right now. It would be solid retirement money within 10 years or so. As always, it takes $ to make $.

Razor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1

I'm sorry but money makes everything better. It may not make things perfect. But you arent happy with out a family. Now take away all your toys how happy are you?
    Or say you meet the perfect girl but cant afford to take her out and date. How happy are you going to be?
    You do make a good point. And you are right

Razor is offline Banned
    It would be great to buy a few right now. It would be solid retirement money within 10 years or so. As always, it takes $ to make $.
    You can really get new houses there for $80k

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Razr. View Post
    You can really get new houses there for $80k
    Yes, and pretty nice ones. Pull it up on MLS somewhere. If you have cash, this is the time to invest.

The prices in AZ fell so low, they were the same as they were in the 80's. Now they have climbed back quite a bit.

SexySweetheart is offline "Decide you want it ƸӜƷ more than your afraid of it"Recognized Member Winner - $100

but is this true grumpee..? honest truth? cuz you could make it happin in a millasecond...divorce wifey (single) pay child support or even alomony (poor) ...DREAM COMPLETED lol so whats holding you back?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sexy4mySweetheart View Post

but is this true grumpee..? honest truth? cuz you could make it happin in a millasecond...divorce wifey (single) pay child support or even alomony (poor) ...DREAM COMPLETED lol so whats holding you back?
    Forum talk is different than real life in many cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Sexy4mySweetheart View Post

I was just venting this morning. Been sleep deprived and stressed Just saying life would be easier is all. The construction market has exploded again here in Arizona and Im dealing with pissed off builders and a severe lack of a decent work force while dealing with shitty margins .

Better buy soon because the builders have been raising their prices lately .All the investors buying foreclosures off the court house steps for cash has really helped the housing market take off.

SexySweetheart is offline "Decide you want it ƸӜƷ more than your afraid of it"Recognized Member Winner - $100
    I was just venting this morning. Been sleep deprived and stressed Just saying life would be easier is all. The construction market has exploded again here in Arizona and Im dealing with pissed off builders and a severe lack of a decent work force while dealing with shitty margins .
    i figured as much...I was just playing with you

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Razr, I haven't met the perfect life. I don't think one way is for all peeps. Money helps but isn't the answer. Some of the most balanced people I know aren't rich, but they are content with that which they have.

I am rich...very rich.....with the people in my life. I have awesome friends. I have been hurt by some and really hurt by one. but in the end, it is a peace inside me.

and the grass always looks greener on the other side.....

SEOINAGE is offline Anabolic Member
    I wasn't ready to buy a house, but this small place i moved to didn't have any places for rent that i would raise a family in. I borrow my dads rv and we lived in it for 4 months before we were able to find a home to buy, and it doesn't fit our needs, but was the only one decent and reasonably priced. My mortgage is less than renting a crap apartment around the corner. And yeah it is a lot of work, but I have a garage with my power rack and platform in it, and a place to park my motorcycles. I almost bought a prefab home because it had a huge shop on the lot, and another home had a huge shop as well, talk about perfect home gym, but price was too high, and house sucked on the prefab, and other they wouldn't take my offer or counter offer, 2 years later and everything i was looking at buying from the realtor is still for sale, she fails.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    My white picket fence is black steel, is that OK? Same house, 3rd wife so I have been there, done that now for the 3rd time. It's always a bunch of ups and downs. Hopefully this time there are more ups than downs and this one out lives me but I dont plan on kickn it anytime soon...

Ive never looked at it as what is perfect or all that. I live it day by day and dont need any one or group of things to make me feel complete or like I have made my goal. As long as I can survive day by day and stay healthy more or less I'm happy.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Raz before you can be unhappy about what you have/don't have in life the first question you have to ask yourself is, what makes you happy? Some people are happy with material things. Others are happy traveling the world and seeing new sites. So i ask you, what makes you happy?

I know for me it's family/friends. I have a pretty big home which is brand new. I have a down to earth BF. I have a new car and i have lots of electronics and toys. I also have extra money in the bank if need be. Am i happy yes? Does the stuff i own make me truly happy? Not really. I lost a close family member a few years back and if you gave me the option of taking away everything i own to spend one more day with him i would in a heart beat. So to answer you question, does the stuff I own make me happy? No. My real happiness comes from the people around me.
    Realist: A person who sees things as they truly are. A practical person. The pessimist complains about the wind; The optimist expects it to change; The realist adjusts the sails. — William Arthur Ward

Blog Entries
    Better buy soon because the builders have been raising their prices lately .All the investors buying foreclosures off the court house steps for cash has really helped the housing market take off.

Already have, but I wish I had the green to get another property or 2.

It really has taken off. The Canadians and US investors have made and are still locking down their retirements.

I am not too bitter since I got lucky and grabbed my place, it almost doubled in value from what I paid for it.

But, the American Dream to me ain't what it seems. . . . I will live here forever if I have to just not to pay a giant house note on a house I will never fully own. Everything is about investment.

Material things make me happy. . . . Well, I can't say completely happy. It's the people that surround me - Then the shit I own makes me feel even better.

I refuse to be a slave to a house! I would rather enjoy my friends, my family and myself with a vacation or a massage. An address does not define me. I have tons of friends who are mortaged to the max and miserable.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by girlgymrat View Post
    I refuse to be a slave to a house! I would rather enjoy my friends, my family and myself with a vacation or a massage. An address does not define me. I have tons of friends who are mortaged to the max and miserable.

Agreed to the max, this is what I mostly believe ruined my previous life(marriage and all debt shit).

It's still strange to me to be happy living in such a small place(900 square feet). But, it makes me beyond happy knowing that I pay no one every month.

Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    Raz before you can be unhappy about what you have/don't have in life the first question you have to ask yourself is, what makes you happy? Some people are happy with material things. Others are happy traveling the world and seeing new sites. So i ask you, what makes you happy?

I know for me it's family/friends. I have a pretty big home which is brand new. I have a down to earth BF. I have a new car and i have lots of electronics and toys. I also have extra money in the bank if need be. Am i happy yes? Does the stuff i own make me truly happy? Not really. I lost a close family member a few years back and if you gave me the option of taking away everything i own to spend one more day with him i would in a heart beat. So to answer you question, does the stuff I own make me happy? No. My real happiness comes from the people around me.
    This is good advice IMHO.

Eddie_m63 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life

That is deep and true.

holy shit that's cheap!! I'm in BC Canada, my house is only 2300 sq/ft
    and nothing fancy and I'm in for 550,000k with 50k down !! I'm moving to the states!

holy shit that's cheap!! I'm in BC Canada, my house is only 2300 sq/ft
    and nothing fancy and I'm in for 550,000k with 50k down !! I'm moving to the states!
    It's pretty awesome here in the states. We have both JC Penney and Macy's..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information