Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Kenlie is offline Junior Member
    if people would just live and let live, instead of trying to force opinions to others...

Everyone would be so much happier.

paulzane is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenlie View Post
    if people would just live and let live, instead of trying to force opinions to others...

Everyone would be so much happier.
    Exactly! Unfortunately Islam doesn't agree with you!!

AD
    AD is offline Knowledgeable Member
    It might not be right to superimpose the behavior of fanatics and terrorists onto the general population of mainstream muslims. Most people love peace and prosperity if they can get any.

As for Roman's examples of stolen groceries, that is still a long way from people slitting your throats in your sleep.

Whatever hatred there is in the real world, why not we leave it in the real world and lets have some imaginary love and peace in this imaginary world of cyberspace?

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wmaousley View Post
    Omfg, so now you are willing to judge a whole religion based on some poor afghans who have never had anything their whole life for stealing a little food or money? Seems we are now seeing the true members of this forums personality. Racism, discrimination.

So what do you call the Christian Americans who steal, cheat and lie? Do you label them with us stealing Muslims or just label all Christianity as you so easily did Muslims?
    Sorry mate. I went there with an open mind, having lived in other countries before (korea, germany,etc.).
    The people that worked for me were not poor. my assistant was very well screaned by me from a population of 30 candidates. his family was wealthy and were not hurting for money. he chose to steal from me not because he was poor, but because of his belief system.
    In fact, almost all 12 of my staff were pretty well off comparitively speaking. dressed well, most had cars. but i also had serious issues with almost all of them. there was a time (to be fair) that the cleaning lady found some money in my jeans and gave it back to me.

so my position isn't based on one or two "poor muslims". I went there with an open mind, and after many many incidents with my staff, and with other muslims, I started noticing patterns. These patterns seemed to make sense. for example, we had a slight security issue, and the supervisor (a local) concocted a story that seemed to shift the blame on others. But i knew the facts before approaching. I caught him in a lie. When confronted, he denied and insisted he was truthful. When presented with a witness that was contrary to his story, he finally recanted and came clean. Didn't fire him as it would be a simple replacement from someone from the general population (local). And here's the funny part. I KNEW he would lie ahead of time. This is part of the predictible pattern I was talking about.

So please do not dismiss my observations and conclusions by playing the racism card. Sometimes, it is what it is!

But to repeat myself, Muslims living in the USA are probably different than those living in thier native countries.

now a good question from you regarding my post in #44 above, would be how would i be able to seperate the religion from the local culture, which is probably a very good question. the answer is I cannot. So you could then ask how i would know the above observation is driven by religion and not local culture? again, i would have to say I have no way of knowing.
    I am only speaking of those that live in afghanistan. I suspect the religion drives the local culture. There is also a correlation between poverty and fanaticism. We all know there has/is a lot of poverty and hardship in Afghanistan.

I think that this comment and that in #44 is abouut as non biased as I can get.

To all who posted an opinion based on what you hear and not what you have 1st hand knowledge of need not to speak or in this case post in this thread. It makes you look like an idiot.

I thought some of you were more professional and educated to post the things you have in this thread.
    and yes, I have complied with your request, as I do have first hand knowledge

tcw
    tcw is offline Senior Member
    this one...

Anyone who thinks that Islam is a harmless Religion...is ignorant and dumb.

How can you worship a Created Being---a Fictitious God...that expouses a belief system of "Hate and Demon-ionization"----all from a book written by some wing-nut who claims to be enlighten by God Himself....???

And its followers GLANCE OVER the fact that this Religion preaches violence and MURDER of non-believers ? ?

THAT'S some good dope...and that's fcvked Up ! ! !

Quote Originally Posted by paulzane View Post
    JV no problem with having a Muslim friend. I have many. BUT come the apocalypse of the major religions fighting each other we'll see who our friends are!

Question:
    Are Muslims allowed to make friends with Christians, Jews or other non-Muslims?

Answer:
    Unbelievers are described by Muhammad (in the Qur'an) as "the vilest of animals" and "losers." Christians and Jews are hated by Allah to the extent that they are destined for eternal doom as a result of their beliefs. It would make no sense for Muhammad to then recommend them to be taken in as friends by Muslims. In fact, the Qur'an plainly commands believers not to take unbelievers as friends

The Qur'an:
    Qur'an (5:51) - "O you who believe! do not take the Jews and the Christians for friends; they are friends of each other; and whoever amongst you takes them for a friend, then surely he is one of them; surely Allah does not guide the unjust people."

Qur'an (5:80) - "You will see many of them befriending those who disbelieve; certainly evil is that which their souls have sent before for them, that Allah became displeased with them and in chastisement shall they abide."

Those Muslims who befriend unbelievers will abide in hell.

Qur'an (3:28) - "Let not the believers Take for friends or helpers Unbelievers rather than believers: if any do that, in nothing will there be help from Allah: except by way of precaution, that ye may Guard yourselves from them..."

This last part means that the Muslim is allowed to feign friendship if it is of benefit. Renowned scholar Ibn Kathir states that "believers are allowed to show friendship outwardly, but never inwardly."
    Last edited by tcw; 06-15-2012 at 03:24 PM.

wmaousley is a good bloke and no issues with him or his position.
    I think he may not have been exposed to what really goes on in the middle east? how they think/act? I believe he is there in Iraq right now, correct me if I am wrong, but the soldiers are typically not allowed to interact with the locals the way us Expats do. I believe because of this, the Expats have a better sense of the "norms" of the local culture/religion.
    If I am wrong, I will apologize.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    I think he may not have been exposed to what really goes on in the middle east? how they think/act? I believe he is there in Iraq right now, correct me if I am wrong, but the soldiers are typically not allowed to interact with the locals the way us Expats do. I believe because of this, the Expats have a better sense of the "norms" of the local culture/religion.
    i think he is in kuwait
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

Scabtree is offline Associate Member
    With religions today being so diverse, controversial and destructive; is there a place for it in a post-modern world? What is the benefit of integrating religion, (any religion) into society?

tcw
    Only the controllers at the TOP knew the game.

Organized Religion is a means to control the minds of men. They will never be happy until man is crawling on his belly without a pot to piss in...and the controllers have their foots on their necks. "Where the mind goes...the body FOLLOWS!"

Religions are born from Poverty and Sickness.

Poverty and sickness are the "fertile ground" that gives rise to Mosques, Temples, Churches and Cult groups who DO DANCES for rain...and Pray ON THEIR hand-and-knees for the death of their enemies.

Radical Organized Religious Organizations prey on weak and ignorant YOUNG MEN with low self-esteem, little opportunity, little education...BUT with a Hugh Social Drive to BELONG. They offer them HOPE of the future...but NOT HERE ON EARTH...but the after-life....where everything is better. What kinda of life...they don't know...but whatever it is...its better than here (so they want their subject to believe).

Harken to their words...and you will receive a Mansion with servants, maids, live like a king, virgins, wealth, etc. EVERY ORGANIZED RELIGION preaches the same BULL-CHIT !

There is no excuse for this type of Ignorance from those LIVING IN THE MODERN WORLD. There are too many books, movies, documentaries, etc. that DISPROVE these stories for what they really are..."Myths, Mythology, and Mysticism."

This is the 21rst Century folks...like it or not....Mankind Marches on.

You don't need Organized Religion to be Moral Human Being...

Quote Originally Posted by Scabtree View Post
    With religions today being so diverse, controversial and destructive; is there a place for it in a post-modern world? What is the benefit of integrating religion, (any religion) into society?

wmaousley is offline American Bedoo
    Quote Originally Posted by tcw View Post
    this one...

Anyone who thinks that Islam is a harmless Religion...is ignorant and dumb.

How can you worship a Created Being---a Fictitious God...that expouses a belief system of "Hate and Demon-ionization"----all from a book written by some wing-nut who claims to be enlighten by God Himself....???

And its followers GLANCE OVER the fact that this Religion preaches violence and MURDER of non-believers ? ?

THAT'S some good dope...and that's fcvked Up ! ! !
    WTF are you talking about. Muslims do not worship a created being, we only pray to god, Christians worship a created being called Jesus, and you read a bible that was written by these so called disciples of Jesus who never met him and came into the world 500 years after his death.

Look you can try to play this game with me if you want to. I was raised Catholic, went to catholic schools, went to mass every fvckin weekend. I know both sides of the table very well.

I think you were smoking good dope while writing your post

I am in Kuwait, i know exactly what goes on here seeing how I have been here for the better part of a decade. Yes soldiers are always in contact with locals, just the same as Expats are. My military days are long gone, I am an Executive for a IOC.

Guys, I am married to a Saudi, I know the religion, I know the cuture very well. And yes there is a divide between the religion and the culture, just takes some education to see it.

TR you were in Afghanistan which is one of the most oppressed countries on Earth due to the ruling of the Taliban for so long, but things are changing for the better.

WTF are you talking about. Muslims do not worship a created being, we only pray to god, Christians worship a created being called Jesus, and you read a bible that was written by these so called disciples of Jesus who never met him and came into the world 500 years after his death.

Look you can try to play this game with me if you want to. I was raised Catholic, went to catholic schools, went to mass every fvckin weekend. I know both sides of the table very well.

Noting more dagerous than a fvckin convert!

You complain about going to Mass once a week, for under an hour probably, yet pray 35 times a week now!!

Rooty toot toot!!!

Surely if you have embraced both the major religions the conclusion should be that they are ALL bollox!!!

tcw
    Yep...WITH reading skills like that....we should all stop and listen TO YOU !

HAHA.

Its obvious to everyone who reads your comments that you are UN-educated idiot with an identity crisis.

Yup...keep your head in that Koran and see where you wind up in 10 yrs.

Raised Catholic ? ? ?

LOL---You know LITTLE TO NOTHING about "Religion systems"

Who knows...maybe you are a brain-washed Rebellious Fanatic----When you making the big Jump ?

..... Christians worship a created being called Jesus, and you read a bible that was written by these so called disciples of Jesus who never met him and came into the world 500 years after his death. ...
    Actually, Christians believe that Jesus was not a created being but is God in the flesh, incarnate. And, according to the Bible the first disciples were all bros with Jesus living at the same time as him; and many of them wrote about their experiences (ie Matt, John, Peter, James, ...)

AD
    do catholics pray to mary? she was human.

Actually, Christians believe that Jesus was not a created being but is God in the flesh, incarnate. And, according to the Bible the first disciples were all bros with Jesus living at the same time as him; and many of them wrote about their experiences (ie Matt, John, Peter, James, ...)
    so on the eve of the crusifixation, and jesus took a time out to pray, who was he praying to, himself?

that makes absolutely NO sense to me? why would he have to pray for himself?

I don't buy it. Sorry mate. Seems like a huge contradiction to me.

so on the eve of the crusifixation, and jesus took a time out to pray, who was he praying to, himself?

that makes absolutely NO sense to me? why would he have to pray for himself?

I don't buy it. Sorry mate. Seems like a huge contradiction to me.
    I agree with this 10000%

Paulzane is a Muslim hater but enjoys them paying his salary every fvckin month.

Noting more dagerous than a fvckin convert!

You complain about going to Mass once a week, for under an hour probably, yet pray 35 times a week now!!

Rooty toot toot!!!

Surely if you have embraced both the major religions the conclusion should be that they are ALL bollox!!!
    Nothing worse than a fvckin prick who lives in the Middle East, bashes the religion but happily accepts his salary monthly. If you dont like Islam leave the Middle East or shut the fvck up and accept it.
    you have no room to speak about anything.

Razor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    i hate people.
    Ditto, hope he burns

Quote Originally Posted by asiandude View Post
    do catholics pray to mary? she was human.

Yes, and they also believe Mary is the mother of god, and she only gave birth to Jesus (a Human). they believe that the trinity (father , son, Holy Ghost) are one in the same,

These are all points that I never understood, and still to this day do not understand if they are one then why do they say three names for just one?

Mass confusion

Also I wondered why christians wore a cross around their neck, to me this was always a symbol of how jesus died and shouldnt be worn. Its also the pagan cross and not the cross of the time of Jesus.

SO to all the christians out there, if Jesus died in the electric chair would you wear a chair around your neck?

I am done with this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Razr. View Post
    Ditto, hope he burns
    We all hope people like this burn, all they do is create hatred toward religions. There is no room for extremism on earth.

Razor is offline Banned
    Ditto, hope he burns
    There is fewer left of these guys on this earth thanks to my marines.
    Last edited by Razor; 06-19-2012 at 01:20 AM.

I agree with this 10000%

Paulzane is a Muslim hater but enjoys them paying his salary every fvckin month.

Untrue .... I hate people who strive to force their beliefs on others and will even kill them to further their faith. The majority of this violence has been perpertrated by Muslims in the furtherance of Islam. A fact you cannot escape from.

The Muslims do not pay me. I am on a government to government contract and I am paid into a British bank by the British.

Misery13 is offline Not Here
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    i hate people.
    Preach on....

Untrue .... I hate people who strive to force their beliefs on others and will even kill them to further their faith. The majority of this violence has been perpertrated by Muslims in the furtherance of Islam. A fact you cannot escape from.

The Muslims do not pay me. I am on a government to government contract and I am paid into a British bank by the British.
    WHo pays the british?

Never met anyone like this, we usually bombed these people in Iraq or put a few rounds in their chest for good measure.

There is fewer left of these guys on this earth thanks to my marines.
    And my soldiers

SO to all the christians out there, if Jesus died in the electric chair would you wear a chair around your neck?
    Ha! That would just be silly. Of course it wouldn't be an electric chair; just a small replica of an electric chair to wear around your neck to go with the other christian bling. And the really expensive ones would throw little sparks.

AD
    wearing a cross, is it more a catholic thing or a christian thing?

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by asiandude View Post
    wearing a cross, is it more a catholic thing or a christian thing?
    Catholic

Ha! That would just be silly. Of course it wouldn't be an electric chair; just a small replica of an electric chair to wear around your neck to go with the other christian bling. And the really expensive ones would throw little sparks.
    Toooooooooooooooooooooooooo Funny

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    Catholic
    Half my family are Baptist and the other half Catholic, and both wear a cross, I wouldnt say its a christian thing as Mormons do not see the cross as a religious symbol. I thinks is a preference among christians. Some wear it some dont.

I have a question for WMaousley. not trying to throw gasoline on the fire, but obviously you are very defensive of the muslims. before we begin, I would like to state I am not identifying with any religion, never went to church, and have only read bits of the King James bible. I think i have read more on buddha than the bible, but I digress. I say this as I do not favor any particular religion, nor (I hope) am I biased against any particular religion.

Muslims (the people) have been taking alot of heat from the rest of the world. The public image/perception for many people is that the Muslim religion is a religion of hate for non Muslims. We see atrocious acts committed by Muslims on TV. Muslims blowing up themselves and children on bus'. Etc. The perception is that pretty much anything NOT Muslim couuld be a target.

1. If the rest of the world's perception is so wrong, how did it get to be that way?
    2. If this perception is wrong, and these highly visible acts are the work of only a few, where are the rest of the "good" muslims? why are they not outraged? why are they not stepping up and policing their own? It is easy to say "we are not like those radicals", yet why do we not see moderate Muslims trying to quash the radicals?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information