Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    PowerHouse1900 is offline Associate Member

Arrested for Facebook post!

Hey guys. Im new to the board, but this looks like the section to post whats on your mind. Im pretty stressed tonight, so im hoping this helps.

I was recently passed over for a promotion and eventually pushed out of a company Ive worked for for about 4 years. I did the typical week or two of bar crawling in order to ease my pain. After returning home one night I allegedly logged onto a fake facebook account and posted my exboss's criminal record with a msg referring to her as a "horseface".

Today I opened the mail and I have 5 criminal charges for the posts. Harassment (2), stalking (2), and disorderly conduct. All of them stemming from the same 2 posts on the same date. Under each charge it basically states that I caused "emotional distress" and "chaos" for no legitimate purpose. It also stated that one IP address was listed as ( insert my fathers name); and that the victim had seen me log onto that fake facebook acct. when I was working for the company. None of the msgs were threatening or even sent directly... they were just posted in open forum on a facebook page.

Im pretty upset, and so is my family. I have had some problems in the past with the law, but that was many years ago. So these recent charges have basically uprooted the trust and relationships I worked so hard to repair.

I don't have money to pay for a lawyer so I have to drive down to the courthouse and get a public defender. I have enough prelaw education to know that they always pile on a lot of charges in the beginning and 90% of the time offer a better plea bargain.
    Last edited by PowerHouse1900; 06-13-2012 at 07:18 PM.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    if all it is, is on FB, then let it be and ignore it. which is why i dont use those silly sites.

Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    if all it is, is on FB, then let it be and ignore it. which is why i dont use those silly sites.
    Im confused... I have to go to the police station, get finger printed, and appear in court in a month.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PowerHouse1900 View Post
    Im confused... I have to go to the police station, get finger printed, and appear in court in a month.
    my misunderstanding. i thought you meant email when you said mail.

cherrydrpepper is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    WHAT.. THE.. F...

Isn't what you did covered under free speech? What the f is wrong with this **** tree

Quote Originally Posted by cherrydrpepper View Post
    WHAT.. THE.. F...

Isn't what you did covered under free speech? What the f is wrong with this **** tree
    I thought so... apparently if your words cause "emotional distress" it becomes illegal. However, I looked up the legal def. for emotional distress and it stated
    " ...has to be outrageous... cannot be insults.. etc"

DanB is offline Banned
    It wasn't you, your pc is left logged in to fb at all times and numerous people have access

And you were emailed to say you were charged, can they even do that? Different country I know but still seems strange

EDIT

You said mail not email

But will they not interview you before charges are pressed to see if they have a case?

Seems strange they havnt got all the facts etc before a summons

Is it civil suit for damages or criminal?
    Last edited by DanB; 06-13-2012 at 07:42 PM.

SexySweetheart is offline "Decide you want it ƸӜƷ more than your afraid of it"Recognized Member Winner - $100
    a. thats why I have this posted :For those of you who do not understand the reasoning behind this posting, Facebook is now a publicly traded entity. Unless you state otherwise, anyone can infringe on your right to privacy once you post to this site. It is recommended that you and other members post a similar notice as this, or you may copy and paste this version. If you do not post such a statement once, then you are indirectly a...llowing public use of items such as your photos and the information contained in your status updates.

PRIVACY NOTICE: Warning - any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government and any world wide government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/or the comments made about my photos or any other "picture" art posted on my profile.

You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee , agent , student or any personnel under your direction or control.

The contents of this profile are private and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law. UCC 1-103 1-308 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WITHOUT PREJUDICE

...and I suggest everyone have this on thier wall

B. i think your screwed, but maybe you can get afree lawyer due to the publicity they maybe able to get your case and public awearness

c. and Im sorry to say that what you did crossed a line for sure, your boss is just a shamo tryin to do his job, so he passed u=you over for a promo, so what...what you did could have damaged his home life and work life currently and for his future (not cool or smart)

D. being that we have all heard by know how people loose jobs and stuff due to what they post on FB being discovered, im surprised you didnt think this through more b4 you did it...you just did it in a lill shadier way ~ which will look even worse for you im afraid

SexySweetheart is offline "Decide you want it ƸӜƷ more than your afraid of it"Recognized Member Winner - $100
    oh and what ever happens do not say anything to any officers! and ask to speak to your court appointed lawyer .over and over untill they let you...officers have psyc tactics to get people to talk... and talk you will, unless you know what to do...best of luck and please play nice in the future

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    time to pay the piper.... you should have done it from a library computer..

get an attorney, she is not suing for slander cause the information you posted is fact, did it cause her pain?? go stand outside on the sidewalk with a sign with her name on it and her criminal record on it..

til she pays for you to go away..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    and guess what.. you need to contact an attorney, and show up with that criminal attorney to have the charges thrown out, you see she is going to make it very painful for you.. on the other hand you can sue for _______ (if you win that is for damages attorney fees)
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Quote Originally Posted by DanB View Post
    It wasn't you, your pc is left logged in to fb at all times and numerous people have access

And you were emailed to say you were charged, can they even do that? Different country I know but still seems strange

EDIT

You said mail not email

But will they not interview you before charges are pressed to see if they have a case?

Seems strange they havnt got all the facts etc before a summons

Is it civil suit for damages or criminal?
    The day after the posts were made a received a text msg from my ex boss... basically baiting me into sending something confirming it was me. I did not respond. At the end of the day a police officer called and asked me to come down to the station. I told him no thanks.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by Sexy4mySweetheart View Post
    a. thats why I have this posted :For those of you who do not understand the reasoning behind this posting, Facebook is now a publicly traded entity. Unless you state otherwise, anyone can infringe on your right to privacy once you post to this site. It is recommended that you and other members post a similar notice as this, or you may copy and paste this version. If you do not post such a statement once, then you are indirectly a...llowing public use of items such as your photos and the information contained in your status updates.

PRIVACY NOTICE: Warning - any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government and any world wide government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/or the comments made about my photos or any other "picture" art posted on my profile.

You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee , agent , student or any personnel under your direction or control.

The contents of this profile are private and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law. UCC 1-103 1-308 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WITHOUT PREJUDICE

...and I suggest everyone have this on thier wall
    From everything i have heard putting that on your wall means nothing
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

DanB is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1

From everything i have heard putting that on your wall means nothing
    Yeah so if you have that on your profile you can openly talk about anything and everything, post pics of x,y,z and nothing can be held against you or used to obtain warrants etc

Dosnt sound right....

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by DanB View Post
    Yeah so if you have that on your profile you can openly talk about anything and everything, post pics of x,y,z and nothing can be held against you or used to obtain warrants etc

Dosnt sound right....
    when you sign up for facebook you agree to their terms of service. You cant just write something on your wall that changes your agreement.
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

DanB is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1

when you sign up for facebook you agree to their terms of service. You cant just write something on your wall that changes your agreement.
    Never even thought of it that way but yeah makes perfect sense aswell

I was thinking that if you openly admit a crime or knowledge of crimes, incriminating pics, your whereabouts don't match what you said in a statement, association with people you previously denied etc then having a disclaimer on your wall can't stop anybody from bringing charges or obtaining a warrant based on it.....

Seems to easy, nobody would have vpn, sat fones, foreign networks, I2p etc if that was the case, you just post a disclaimer and speak openly lol
    Last edited by DanB; 06-13-2012 at 08:39 PM.

cherrydrpepper is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    So let me get this straight..

If you are working for a boss whos a pederass

And you make a posting on facebook

"Hey, this is my ass hole dik face boss, the pederass. See his child booty touching rap sheet below with his pic"

That isn't covered under free speech? I feel like im in the twilight zone. Is this America anymore? Yes thats what we in the US call ourselves.. f yourselves other america continent dwelling peoples if you dont like it.

Shol'va is offline Productive Member
    Hasn't disgracebook lost about 50% of it's value on the stock market so far? Good, then just hold out till it fully collapses and when there is no more facebook left there will be no charges. Sounded good anyways..lol Man I hate both Face and Twitter. Both just use up bandwidth. Like I'm interested in someone's bowel movements and want to sign in to read about it. Got up this morn at 5 am took an enema. Got back up at 6am and had terrific B/M. Feel all better now. Sheez.....

Well from my understanding face book has the rights to everything you post, other peoples and companies that see your stuff dont have the rights /and FB terms state that FB can only use your stuff if the below conditions are met....so by posting that statment I posted earlyer you are reiterating the terms you agreed to and that others besides FB dont have fair game to your info.

"How we use the information we receive
    We use the information we receive about you in connection with the services and features we provide to you and other users like your friends, our partners, the advertisers that purchase ads on the site, and the developers that build the games, applications, and websites you use. For example, we may use the information we receive about you:
    as part of our efforts to keep Facebook products, services and integrations safe and secure;
    to protect Facebook's or others' rights or property;
    to provide you with location features and services, like telling you and your friends when something is going on nearby;
    to measure or understand the effectiveness of ads you and others see, including to deliver relevant ads to you;
    to make suggestions to you and other users on Facebook, such as: suggesting that your friend use our contact importer because you found friends using it, suggesting that another user add you as a friend because the user imported the same email address as you did, or suggesting that your friend tag you in a picture they have uploaded with you in it; and
    for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research and service improvement.
    Granting us this permission not only allows us to provide Facebook as it exists today, but it also allows us to provide you with ********** features and services we develop in the future that use the information we receive about you in new ways.
    While you are allowing us to use the information we receive about you, you always own all of your information. Your trust is important to us, which is why we don't share information we receive about you with others unless we have:
    received your permission;
    given you notice, such as by telling you about it in this policy; or
    removed your name or any other personally identifying information from it.
    Of course, for information others share about you, they control how it is shared.
    We store data for as long as it is necessary to provide products and services to you and others, including those described above. Typically, information associated with your account will be kept until your account is deleted. For certain categories of data, we may also tell you about specific data retention practices."

"We only provide data to our advertising partners or customers after we have removed your name or any other personally identifying information from it, or have combined it with other people's data in a way that it is no longer associated with you." FACEBOOK

but there is a factor of personal responcibility that must be aknowledged, like always verify your privacy settings cuz each time FB updates/changes its stuff settings can go automaticly back to default... so yea if someone tags you in a pix, its not your pix even though your in it, so make your setting so that you cant be tagged etc
    Last edited by SexySweetheart; 06-13-2012 at 09:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cherrydrpepper View Post
    So let me get this straight..

If you are working for a boss whos a pederass

And you make a posting on facebook

"Hey, this is my ass hole dik face boss, the pederass. See his child booty touching rap sheet below with his pic"

That isn't covered under free speech? I feel like im in the twilight zone. Is this America anymore? Yes thats what we in the US call ourselves.. f yourselves other america continent dwelling peoples if you dont like it.

agree~ but im pretty sure free speech has limitations (well on all the law n order eppisodes i watch this is true anyway lol)

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Keep us posted on this bro.

Quote Originally Posted by songdog View Post
    Keep us posted on this bro.
    I def. will.

gonebluffn is offline Associate Member
    Worst case scenario it becomes a civil suit any public defender should be able to get this dismissed at arraignment.Who ever she is she knows someone you done nothing that i can see to break any law.

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Dude, don't sweat this bullshit. Besides, aren't criminal records, public record? The people have the right to know who is a criminal and who isn't. If your boss didn't want the emotional stress behind that, she should've not broken the law. I think you're going to beat this case so don't worry.

Before you go to the police station, I think you need to demand some sort of representation to be provided to you via the state. Find a lawyer pro-bono.

Rwy
    Rwy is offline Productive Member
    First off stop posting shit on the internet. It is just as real as as paper and ink

Secondly I would start calling some lawyers to see if they do pro-bono work. This is something that they could use help make a name for themselves since its facebook and something that has probably not happened much.

Third- How does it come from your IP address? Just like you have built relationships with people after bad mistakes maybe this person did the same and putting her on blast like that may yield the same result as her.

When I was a kid I threw water ballon at a teacher the last day of school. She told me the day before that if I didnt not get a 90 on my regents that I would fail the class and she hoped that I did. She was basically going hahaha your ****ed. She tried pressing emotional assualt charges on me because i threw it at her. Hit her right in the face, and broke on her white blouse in front of like a 100 people. The charges ended up not sticking but if they have your ip address then what can you really say

Rwy
    Rwy is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    Dude, don't sweat this bullshit. Besides, aren't criminal records, public record? The people have the right to know who is a criminal and who isn't. If your boss didn't want the emotional stress behind that, she should've not broken the law. I think you're going to beat this case so don't worry.

Before you go to the police station, I think you need to demand some sort of representation to be provided to you via the state. Find a lawyer pro-bono.
    no a lot of them are sealed

oscarjones is offline Banned
    Wait wait, if your boss was your friend on facebook, how can she say that was harassment? Can't she just "unfriend" you?

Also, just go ahead and delete your facebook page right? They said data is erased after you delete your account!

The criminal records were posted in the form of links to the state dockets database. So yes it's def. public information.

stocky121 is offline VET~ Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    diffrent country i know but when england had the riots last year.
    two men from diffrent towns both posted on facebook about how thay wanted to riot in there towns. No riot occured in either town but thay still got sentenced to over a year in prison. Think possibly 4 years but carnt remember.
    just googled it. It was 4 years each thay applead and lost
    Last edited by stocky121; 06-13-2012 at 10:43 PM.
    no open source posting
    keep all source request's to PM'S please

someone once said to me a clever man learn's by his own mistake's. But a wise man learn's by the mistake's of other people.

detailed detection times
    at least 45 day's active use and 100 posts for a source check
    unsure about the rule's please read up
    thread for first cycle choices

SOURCE CHECKS CLICK HERE

Even if they have an IP address.... I doubt they have one for the exact day/time that the msg was posted. They may have IP address associated with those facebook accts, but that's it.

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by PowerHouse1900 View Post
    The criminal records were posted in the form of links to the state dockets database. So yes it's def. public information.
    I don't think you have anything to fear. But consider counter suing this broad. Talk to a lawyer and ask if they'll do the case pro-bono.

Simon1972 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    ok facts.

1. not your name or facebook account- so wasnt you
    2. criminal records are publicly available, anyone could have accessed that info not nessearily you, so not illegal- doesnt matter wasnt you anyway.
    3. horseface comment-ok thats harrassment- but it wasnt you, so dont worry about it.
    4. do you have a wireless router at your dads IP address? if you dont, get one and dont put an encryption key on it.- "apparently some nasty person hacked into your unencrypted wireless router and thats how the IP address appears as your dads" ( wasnt you)

its your job to put forward enough credible doubt as to your guilt. always plead you didnt know anything about her prior convictions, yes you did check facebook at work, everyone does! and thats not proof the fake profile belongs to you.

stand your ground and without proof- physical proof you cant be stiched up.

take a screen shot of your computer screen with the wireless router with no encrytion- that will be your proof that physically anyone sitting at the front of your house witha laptop could have had access to your dads internet.

he with the most paperwork wins.

Skyrinegt is offline Associate Member
    Didn't read any of the other replies posted but it would be next to impossible to make those charges stick as anyone could have logged on to any computer to make any post even if the ip was logged, would be the same as the cops trying to charge you for a txt from your phone it can't be done or at least it couldn't back in the day to me, anyone could send a txt from any phone. They would basically have to link you to the computer at the time of the post

Twin is offline Associate Member

i was thinking the same thing.

keep us posted powerhouse on how this turns out. im going to subscribe to this thread...

Blog Entries
    face book is the devils spew..i frickin hate that shit...because of facebook everyone thinks they are a celebrity and special...ive wached a few married couples in my life destroyed by that shit site...why do people want to put themselves and any personal information "out there"?...thats why i love this place because im a goast...my wife just recently goined after being bugged for years by her friends...i told her that im ok with it untill she starts meeting up with old flames and shit....i know shes smarter than that but im still not digging this...i just dont get the appeal...

auswest is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    The only positive is being able stay in contact with old friends I guess and seeing how they're getting on, but it is a load of shit though, I don't update my status or any of that crap but for some reason I log on heaps to see new stuff, it is a waste of time. I don't speak to 99% of my old friends anyway so its not really worth it. I think I've just convinced myself to delete the ap off my phone, but it is a useful and free way of messaging friends.
    Goodbye Facebook.

tcw
    tcw is offline Senior Member
    Wow....WTF ? ? ?

Do you remember the names of the cases ?

Quote Originally Posted by stocky121 View Post
    diffrent country i know but when england had the riots last year.
    two men from diffrent towns both posted on facebook about how thay wanted to riot in there towns. No riot occured in either town but thay still got sentenced to over a year in prison. Think possibly 4 years but carnt remember.
    just googled it. It was 4 years each thay applead and lost

jasc is offline Welcome to the Good Life
    Ahh brings me back to my college days.. My dumbass roommate took a pic in our house for a party n blasted it on facebook. 3 days later the cops came to arrest em.. A local shop noticed their stolen sign in the background n decided to press charges.. We had 6 roommates in the house n noone would admit to doing it, so they tried to charge us all, but we settled the case.. who would've ever thought a car-topper sign cost $3000 lol..

lesson learned: never post sh*t on facebook

Best of luck bro.. A good attorney should be able to make this disappear... There are too many different factors to prove it was you beyond a reasonable doubt, imo.. people get hacked all the time
    Last edited by jasc; 06-14-2012 at 07:08 AM.

*Admin* is offline AR Admin
    curious... how did you find the information about her? was she directly responsible for you losing your job?
    Every man has the ability to be a fool, it is what he does to recover that shows who the fool really is.
    ~Anonymous~

Those who believe that they are exclusively in the right are generally those who achieve something.
    ~Aldous Huxley~

Completely Cleanse Your Body of Steroids in Only 5 Days! - www.SteroidCleanse.com

Help Stop Steroid Abuse - Click Here!

SEOINAGE is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon1972 View Post

he with the most paperwork wins.
    This, and all the other stuff he said. Seriously though this thing is a joke imo, don't let yourself be taken advantage of. Be as vindictive as your ex boss.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information