Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    kif
    kif is offline Member

Lance Armstrong charged with doping

Last edited by kif; 06-13-2012 at 04:54 PM.

SEOINAGE is offline Anabolic Member
    all i get is bad request, bad link?

And if he is that is pretty stupid he's being charged with that. And we all know drug testing should be removed.

cherrydrpepper is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Good topic for AR Lounge Im not hating on that but I think its not on the front page of espn or cnn because its such a tired topic in the media. People have been speculating forever. Im not an armstrong fan at all but at some point its like give it a rest already. I personally don't care if he doped or not (guess most people on this site are biased towards not caring). Cycling is like any other pro sport except maybe golf. To get to that level, I don't care if you did dope or juice or whatever, it still takes more heart and talent than 99% of the population possesses. Its not like you shoot GH in someones ass and they turn into Ben Roethlisberger, or you give someone a little winny and suddenly they are Usain Bolt. It takes dedication the gross majority of human beings are not capable of.

kif
    kif is offline Member
    It's on cnbc but couldn't get the feed to work

DCI
    DCI is offline Productive Member
    Jaysus Cheery man, that was an epic post, I kinda agree with you. Look at all the Worlds strongest men etc and all the pro bb's "endorsing" this products from nutrional companys which have no real basis at all. As you say they still have more dedication than the average joe.

DanB is offline Banned
    To be top level cyclist in that era you had to dope, they were all on it so don't hate the player hate the game

DCI
    DCI is offline Productive Member
    Didn't realise you where Will Smith Danny boy

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    How will he dispute blood tests that show doping using newer testing methods? They keep making advancements in testing and they have a lot of his blood to test.

Eventually all these guys will get caught and they will test the big guys first for obvious reasons.

MickeyKnox is offline Banned

tcw
    tcw is offline Senior Member
    Just about every Top Professional Sports Athlete is doping---Even Tiger Woods.

If they tested and convicted NFL players...the whole league would shut down.

DanB is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tcw

What was it with woods about an amazingly quick recovery from surgery and mystery injections from a doc linked to hgh scandal lol

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by tcw View Post

If they tested any sports league with some surprise tests and convicted the offending athletes, I'm sure it'd drive any sport out of business.

This is just some stupid fvcking witch hunt and I'm sick of it. And I'm sick of our government wasting our hard earned tax dollars on this bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    If they tested any sports league with some surprise tests and convicted the offending athletes, I'm sure it'd drive any sport out of business.
    We will be stuck watching few sports that don't require PED. Like Curling and Ice Dance. Actually, I wouldn't be surprised to find out the ice dancers use something too; everyone is looking for an edge.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MickeyKnox View Post
    Lol.. if I gave names and reasons of every celebrity I wanted to tell to fuk themselves we would be here all day

Blog Entries
    Baseball pitchers and golfers and other pros are getting fancy rotator cuff and ligament surgeries and gh injections that could benefit all of us but we will never see any of those procedures considered standard procedures and at a reasonable cost to us. Its bs.

PowerHouse1900 is offline Associate Member
    Does anyone remember the shower incident a few years back? Apparently the antidoping officials surprised lance in his hotel suite to get samples. Lance responded by locking himself in the bathroom and refusing to come out till he had showered. It was a major issue because part of the anti-doping test involves a sample off the skin.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post

This is just some stupid fvcking witch hunt and I'm sick of it. And I'm sick of our government wasting our hard earned tax dollars on this bullshit.
    this

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyVegas View Post
    We will be stuck watching few sports that don't require PED. Like Curling and Ice Dance. Actually, I wouldn't be surprised to find out the ice dancers use something too; everyone is looking for an edge.
    We'll be stuck watching light beer drinking contests on ESPN in no time. Even then somebody will be using something to help them drink more.

DanB is offline Banned
    ^^^^^^^

They even use ghrp for eating contests haha

DanB is offline Banned
    interesting interview with Michael Ashenden on doping in cycling, armstrong, lies, possible bribes and all sorts of juicy scandal from back in the day

also explains epo testing for those who arent fimilar with the process

nyvelocity.com/content/interviews/2009/michael-ashenden

JAB1 is offline Member
    Saw this on cnn last night. Apperantly his legal team has 10 days to respond to start proceedings. He did recently make a statement that he is done fighting this, and if they come after hima again he will not fight it, and to take that however you want. It will be iteresting to see how his team responds. Of course they will deny, but will they engage in trial or what?? I personally like Armstrong and wish he would be left alone unless he fails a test, etc. These charges have always been based on accusations, not failing tests. There is rumor they do have a failed test on this one so we will see.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    yep, haters going to hate..

and in part it's kind of karma coming back to bite him in his other testicle
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Quote Originally Posted by DanB View Post
    ^^^^^^^

They even use ghrp for eating contests haha

hahahahahaha!!!

DanB is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1
    Saw this on cnn last night. Apperantly his legal team has 10 days to respond to start proceedings. He did recently make a statement that he is done fighting this, and if they come after hima again he will not fight it, and to take that however you want. It will be iteresting to see how his team responds. Of course they will deny, but will they engage in trial or what?? I personally like Armstrong and wish he would be left alone unless he fails a test, etc. These charges have always been based on accusations, not failing tests. There is rumor they do have a failed test on this one so we will see.
    Yeah they re testing old samples with new methods and from what I understand he has failed the preliminary tests they just need to do sample b etc, but he screwed and knows it hence his statement last week saying he wasn't making any more comments, he knew this was coming

Its not just him, everybody is screwed they just picking the biggest names first

Actually depending on cost of testing they may only re test a few.......
    Last edited by DanB; 06-14-2012 at 10:58 AM.

evander87 is offline Senior Member
    Just tossing in my $.02

If it's a banned substance it's cheating.

Now before you get your panties in a twist, I understand how many people are doing it. No way in hell is Ray Lewis at 36 still a bad ass and not taking gh. BUT if you get caught cheating you pay the price. That being said the US government has no business in policing what the hell a sport thinks is banned or not. Get he government out of the whole thing and let the NFL, NHL, MBA, MLB, et all police themselves. Let the athletes decide if the illegal edge is worth it or not. If they get busted let the league met out the punishment.

That being said, look at what is going on in the NFl with former players suing the league for "not doing everything they could" to prevent concussions. No way in hell is ANY league going to allow aas as it would open them up to HUGE lawsuits.

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    The man has done more for cancer research than any human being I can think of. I could give a damn if he used epo or any other drug - he was and is the best cyclist that ever lived and his story is an inspiration. Its bad enough the faggot French have a hard on for him...now the US doping agency is gonna bust his ball? Dont we have a trillion dollar deficit to worry about instead of this BS?

DanB is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyinkedup
    The man has done more for cancer research than any human being I can think of. I could give a damn if he used epo or any other drug - he was and is the best cyclist that ever lived and his story is an inspiration. Its bad enough the faggot French have a hard on for him...now the US doping agency is gonna bust his ball? Dont we have a trillion dollar deficit to worry about instead of this BS?
    I agree

Fvck everything else,.he done what he had to do at the time to be competitive, I can change it slightly to relate to majority of people on this forum

As I said earlier don't hate the player hate the game

The man is an inspiration everybody, I have friends family who gone through chemo and now they fairly fvxked

HE WON TOUR DE FRANCE

What was it? 5-7 times?

That's an achievement nobody will match for years, nevermind somebody who beat cancer

He actually gives the inspiration to keep people fighting their own cancer, and STAY ALIVE

Fvck me if it was up to me I would call the man a saint, he is an example to every person on planet with cancer to never give up and proof that it can be beaten

carter is offline Junior Member
    I love him...just wish he wasn't such a *****. Come clean brosiff

Blog Entries

Fvck everything else,.he done what he had to do at the time to be competitive, I can change it slightly to relate to majority of people on this forum

The man is an inspiration everybody, I have friends family who gone through chemo and now they fairly fvxked

HE WON TOUR DE FRANCE

What was it? 5-7 times?

That's an achievement nobody will match for years, nevermind somebody who beat cancer

He actually gives the inspiration to keep people fighting their own cancer, and STAY ALIVE

Fvck me if it was up to me I would call the man a saint, he is an example to every person on planet with cancer to never give up and proof that it can be beaten
    100% agreed Dan.....

I wouldn't mind if testing became good enough to keep drugs out of sports BUT they need to just keep moving forward with it and use the new tests for current competitions, not going after retired guys.

I realize there are big names in many sports that have been lying about their drug use and giving the testing agencies the finger for decades but I wish they would let that anger go and just focus on making today's sports cleaner.

jasc is offline Welcome to the Good Life
    I say they should encourage drug use.. I mean really who the fvck wants to watch a bunch of people ride slow in a group? Now get them up to highway speeds and we have some real entertainment..

DanB is offline Banned
    Just though I'd add

He didn't win because he done 2x's the dose epo or packed in extra half pint blood, extra hgh etc

All that did was level the playing field

They were ALL ON

He won because the man is a.fvxking machine and nobody can deny that

And if anybody tries take it away its a fvcking disgrace

All he did was take same as everybody else, fvck it ban him then just scrap them 7-10 years of the epo era of cycling

You can't slate him and ignore everybody else
    Last edited by DanB; 06-14-2012 at 07:41 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jasc View Post
    I say they should encourage drug use.. I mean really who the fvck wants to watch a bunch of people ride slow in a group? Now get them up to highway speeds and we have some real entertainment..
    *LOL* ...actually in the tour they can reach speeds of almost 70mph on descents...... but I def appreciate your sense of humor!

Juice Authority is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I wish they would just leave this dude alone. Enough already.

Blog Entries
    What jasc said had me cracking up

and I agree with DanB:

"All that did was level the playing field

They were ALL ON

He won because the man is a.fvxking machine and nobody can deny that "

This is the analogy I would use. If someone handed you 100K worth of steroids and blood doping materials, gave you 3 years to prep, and told you you have to win the tour de france or your entire family being held captive will be executed, no one on this forum could do it. There isn't enough juice on the planet to just magically turn you into Lance Armstrong. Its probably 90% will power, 9% insanely sick genetics and 1% dope to win something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice Authority View Post
    I wish they would just leave this dude alone. Enough already.

Yeah, isn't he retired now?

Razor is offline Banned
    They were all doping, lets take away everyone titles too while we are at it

Razor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jasc View Post
    Ditto that brother, I wanna see wins, home runs and king of the mountains and mr O's on stage

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    I agree

HE WON TOUR DE FRANCE

What was it? 5-7 times?

if ya ain't cheatin', ya ain't tryin!!!!!!

Last night I was reading that Armstrong competed in a half marathon two weeks ago where he was the fastest runner, fastest cyclist (duh) and the third fastest swimmer.

On top of that he was going to compete in the French Ironman (or some big triathlon) next weekend.

Nobody can dispute his competitiveness or work ethic.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information