gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~

Roger Clemens not guilty

Roger Clemens has been acquitted on all charges by a jury that decided he didn't lie to Congress when he denied using performance-enhancing drugs.

ROCKET SCIENTIST
    How did Roger Clemens get here? See the timeline of events and look back at his career in pictures.

Jurors returned their verdict Monday after close to 10 hours of deliberation. The outcome brings an end to a 10-week trial that capped an expensive, five-year investigation into one of the greatest pitchers in the history of baseball.

The 49-year-old Clemens was accused of perjury, making false statements and obstructing Congress when he testified at a deposition and at a nationally-televised hearing in February 2008. The charges centered on his repeated denials that he used steroids and human growth hormone during his 24-year career.

The verdict is the latest blow to the government's pursuit of athletes accused of drug use.
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

Congress is all worried about wasting money. How much money and time was wasted on this investigation

Brohim is offline Senior Member
    yeah no shit. Quit wasting money you fvck's. I think they are going after Lance next.

tcw
    tcw is offline Senior Member
    Bunch of BS.

They should just legalize it...and then the playing field would be level.

95% of pro athletes are using...what's the point?

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    Congress is all worried about wasting money. How much money and time was wasted on this investigation
    Millions. I just don't get it. Was the government just trying to ruin him because they think he lied to them in the hearings?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyVegas View Post
    Millions. I just don't get it. Was the government just trying to ruin him because they think he lied to them in the hearings?
    well they wasted a bunch of time and money on the original hearings. So when nothing came of that. They had to blame someone. It was Rogers fault he lied

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    well they wasted a bunch of time and money on the original hearings. So when nothing came of that. They had to blame someone. It was Rogers fault he lied
    The sad thing is they're going to keep going through every single athlete that has had success and do the same crap. I really wish Canseco didn't ever publish that book.

If the government wanted to make sports fair, why don't they ban the use of PEDs in horse racing? It's totally legal to juice your horses out of their minds to prepare them for a race (except in Iowa), and all of the trainers do it.

aronjrsmil is offline Associate Member
    The Rodger Clemen's trial was yet another example of how government interference causes unnecessary headache for everyone. He used hgh to give him a boost and recover from injuries, everyone knows it. The fact that he lied about it was to cover up his reputation and so on. It can really not taint his career entirely, but the officials in congress made sure that it would make him look bad for awhile. They use these "sacrificial lambs" as I call them from time to time to make it seem like they really crack down on the use of drugs in sport when in fact the best in the world have been using it. The same can be said for Lance Armstrong, right now the USADA is pursuing an investigation to try to taint his career. Did he use drugs? probably. The top 100 cyclists in the world do. using drugs is rampant in cycling and to pretend that there are "clean" winners in professional races is ridiculous. I would say at least 80% of professional people in sports use them. But the government or USADA will never admit that, and they will try everything to make it look like they can "regulate". This is yet another example that goes to show the people in charge are nothing but a bunch of empty headed d bags.

curioususer is offline Junior Member
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Clemens-Congress.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	65.3 KB 
ID:	123901

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    guess that wasnt proven

and i'm glad

proud of and happy for the rocket

Shol'va is offline Productive Member
    Enough money was wasted to bail Greece out of it's economic nightmare. That's how much money was wasted.
    Politicians just love to spend and waste Americans Tax dollars. They are never held accountable for their actions. Unless they get caught with another woman other than their own wife and it becomes public knowledge.

cherrydrpepper is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by curioususer View Post

Name:	Clemens-Congress.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	65.3 KB 
ID:	123901
    Lol that pretty much says it all

I love the intense congress scenes in Bigger Stronger Faster. If they ever tried to come after me hardcore like that, instead of answering the questions I would ask individually tailored questions to each of the committee members about why they are letting big business lobbyists dictate policy and pork barrel spending.. why is GE not paying taxes.. why haven't they done more to wean us off middle eastern oil etc etc.

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    I understand going after someone they suspect lied during the hearings (it is a big deal) BUT eventually the government needs to show the people that there are priorities. They don't seem to be getting the message that Americans are mad that they aren't taking care of the things WE think are important.

Go after someone that may have committed perjury? Sure, go ahead...and how is that "jobs" thing moving along? Doing anything about that? Or cutting waste? How about the crashed real estate market, got any ideas on that?

Maybe since both sides (Dem, Rep) are determined to not let the other side succeed at anything all they CAN agree on is that lying is bad.

lying is bad is so ridiculous

you have to put into context that the he shouldnt have been questioned by congress to begin with so thats where the guilt lies

this was a MLB matter and a mlb matter alone

now lets get eric holder to tell the truth...something that really matters

ftw...he also just misremembered a few things

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    [QUOTE=jpkman;6046161]lying is bad is so ridiculous

you have to put into context that the he shouldnt have been questioned by congress to begin with so thats where the guilt lies

this was a MLB matter and a mlb matter alone

now lets get eric holder to tell the truth...something that really matters[/
    QUOTE]

this!

JD250 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I think Roger Clemens should run for congress........he's the most honest out of all of em....

kif
    kif is offline Member
    Wast of money, bottom line!

Quote Originally Posted by JD250 View Post
    I think Roger Clemens should run for congress........he's the most honest out of all of em....
    Event though he's a total piece of shit, Canseco seems to be the most honest of all in this scandal. It's just he's a rat and I don't know what is worse... A liar? Or a rat?

cherrydrpepper is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    This is Canseco's ex gf who brought a restraining order against him 2011

Name:	Jose-Canseco.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	48.6 KB 
ID:	123942

Canseco thats one hot bitch. You're an inspiration to us all to keep juicing. Thanks bra

Thread Information