Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Beer drinkers?

lstbred is offline Senior Member

Beer drinkers?

Do we have any beer drinkers here? this is one of the best inventions and one of my favorites. Look at how many in the 1minute.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    disagree

more valves and shit on a throw away cup?

more convenient, but look at all the shit that comes in contact with your beer....plastic cup, rubber seals, metals springs. don't we throw away enough shit already as it is?

this reminds me of mcdonalds, when they took the standard registers out and put in new registers that simply have pictures of what the customer bought, so that any illiterate, uneducated slob can run a register. but, I'll give him this. he still needs to be able to identify the word "Big Mac" that comes out the mouth of the customer with the big mac icon on the button on the register.

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    TR, besides beer tastes like shit in a plastic cup. And there's no head at all. A good beer is poured in to a frosty glass with just the right amount of head on it. The beer presentation is supposed to scream to the consumer "DRINK ME!!!!"

Razor is offline Banned
    Dan. Cherry. Myself love beer. Them more than me haha

Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    TR, besides beer tastes like shit in a plastic cup. And there's no head at all. A good beer is poured in to a frosty glass with just the right amount of head on it. The beer presentation is supposed to scream to the consumer "DRINK ME!!!!"
    it used to be that the typical beer drinker didn't know fukkn shiit about beer. don't believe me?

30 years ago, we had bud, coors, and miller. there would be long and lengthy conversations about the "qualities" of each, which one was the better beer, blah blah blah. they are all fukn pilsners you fukn morons!

FLASH FORWARD TO TODAY
    now add, bud light, coors light and miller light.
    additionally, we have micro brews and imports.

so instead of the 99% morons from 30 years ago, we've beat that back to 50% morons ttoday.

Im not interested in any beer that is served to me in a fukn plastic cup!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    it used to be that the typical beer drinker didn't know fukkn shiit about beer. don't believe me?

30 years ago, we had bud, coors, and miller. there would be long and lengthy conversations about the "qualities" of each, which one was the better beer, blah blah blah. they are all fukn pilsners you fukn morons!

FLASH FORWARD TO TODAY
    now add, bud light, coors light and miller light.
    additionally, we have micro brews and imports.

so instead of the 99% morons from 30 years ago, we've beat that back to 50% morons ttoday.

Im not interested in any beer that is served to me in a fukn plastic cup!!!!!
    Don't forget Schlitz and Pabst.

Actually, for the volume of beer Budweiser makes, they have a very high quality product. Anybody who has ever made beer in their kitchen knows how easy it is to f[u]ck up and make a really shitty beer and Budweiser makes more beer than anybody. And it's not just drinkable it's got a very consistent quality regardless of the plant that brewed it.

But yeah, the world has opened up for the beer drinker. And really those pilsner beers are fine on a hot day in the summer. But in the winter time, you need something a little heavier.

I can only see plastic cups being used at sporting events.

Rwy
    Rwy is offline Productive Member
    What a great idea.

jasc is offline Welcome to the Good Life
    This threads making me thirsty..

Magic Hat No. 9 here I come!

Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    Don't forget Schlitz and Pabst.

Actually, for the volume of beer Budweiser makes, they have a very high quality product. Anybody who has ever made beer in their kitchen knows how easy it is to f[u]ck up and make a really shitty beer and Budweiser makes more beer than anybody. And it's not just drinkable it's got a very consistent quality regardless of the plant that brewed it.

But yeah, the world has opened up for the beer drinker. And really those pilsner beers are fine on a hot day in the summer. But in the winter time, you need something a little heavier.

I can only see plastic cups being used at sporting events.
    I brewed beer for over 5 years, making 2+ batches a week. beer making is very diffficult and exacting. brewing a pils is rouugh, as it is so light, so "non flavorful" that any off taste will show up and make it very noticeable.

in germany, pils is called a ladys beer. i llike pils on a hot summer day, when dehydrated and thirsty. two or three go down so fast. but the rest of the time, I typically drink Guinness draught. it's the lightest in the Guinness spectrum, but flavorful and rings all the way down the glass. Like I always say....

"There are two kinds of head I like...."

Razor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman

I brewed beer for over 5 years, making 2+ batches a week. beer making is very diffficult and exacting. brewing a pils is rouugh, as it is so light, so "non flavorful" that any off taste will show up and make it very noticeable.

in germany, pils is called a ladys beer. i llike pils on a hot summer day, when dehydrated and thirsty. two or three go down so fast. but the rest of the time, I typically drink Guinness draught. it's the lightest in the Guinness spectrum, but flavorful and rings all the way down the glass. Like I always say....

Man over the past few months I noticed two things about you. First you seem like a jack of all trades and second your pretty damm smart..I am going to have to read your interview my Marcus prolly a good read

alexISthrowed is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I like pale ales, ipa's, and lagers the most. Sierra Nevada pale ale is my go to beer, there's also founders and bells breweries where I live. Founders has a bar that's pretty cool, if anyone's ever in Michigan you should check it out.

haterade is offline Associate Member
    im not a drinker but thats a neat idea

gurupimp6969 is offline Junior Member
    I brew my own. sucks when it's summer and your attempting to lose weight. I have a "Boundary Waters Wheat" carbing up right now, excellent hobby to get into if you like beer.

gurupimp6969 is offline Junior Member
    Oh and I think that contraption thing there is a waste. Maybe it's because I can't stand either of them beers. If it was programmable it could make a pretty sweet drinking game.

DCI
    DCI is offline Productive Member
    You can add me to that list Razr lol I'm sorry but most pubs on the west coast of america cannot pull a proper pint of guinness or beer generally I had to drink bottles to have it someway right.

Razor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DCI
    You can add me to that list Razr lol I'm sorry but most pubs on the west coast of america cannot pull a proper pint of guinness or beer generally I had to drink bottles to have it someway right.
    Pull or pour or both haha

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    I fvcking hate beer and can barely stomach just about any beer. Every once in a while I can drop a Corona with a lime if it's fresh.

Why not just drink good tasting hard liquer? I much rather have a Yager bomber with a diet Red bull then a nasty ass BL. Must be the Rusky within, since I been like 25 I can drink vodka like no other.

But, to each is own. We all like juice of different flavors

Quote Originally Posted by Razr. View Post
    Man over the past few months I noticed two things about you. First you seem like a jack of all trades and second your pretty damm smart..I am going to have to read your interview my Marcus prolly a good read
    thanks mate! (I'lll put that fiver I promised you for saying that in the mail today).

Quote Originally Posted by gurupimp6969 View Post
    I brew my own. sucks when it's summer and your attempting to lose weight. I have a "Boundary Waters Wheat" carbing up right now, excellent hobby to get into if you like beer.
    I brewed in 5 gallon batches. 2x a week. i've read so many books on brewing beer, i can't count em all.

there are a shiit load of tricks out there, some off the top of my head.....

have you ever used geletin for finings? works like a charm and your beer comes out crystal clear every time (maybe not desiereable if you want authentic wheat beer)

ever use hard candy licorice as a adjunt for good head? freeze it, whack it with a hammer, add it to the wort (at the end of cooking). the head comes out thick and creamy, with no additional flavors, with rings all the way down the glass.

ever make a "sweet" beer? in the spectrum of yeast types, usually this is made with high sugar content and a lager yeast (alchohol sensitive) which yealds a low alchohol beer. by adding saacharin (one teaspoon or so) to each bottle when bottling, you can escape this cycle of sweet/low alchohol and can actually make a high alchohol sweet beer!

DCI
    Pull or pour or both haha
    All of the above

Samson, you just haven't found the right beer for you You need to get out there and lots of different beers, but seen as you are from Russia ye all are mad bastards when it comes to spirits lol

Quote Originally Posted by DCI View Post
    I went to the texas road house, ordered up a guinness at the bar, and this chick just pours it straight into the glass yielding 90% foam and 10% beer. she dumps out the 90% and pours it again. two more times she hands it to me.

i'm like "Darlin', ya know yer supposed to pour a guinness slow"

"yeah, i know, but I'm too busy"??????????????

DCI
    LMAO, if that happend over here she would taken out and shot, and shot again if she survived, pouring a bad pint of Guinness holds some worse punishments than robbing a car

That's exactly how we saw them pouring it, and this might sound mental but you have to pour guinness into a proper guinness pint glass, so if ye americans are ever over here, rob a few of them for when ye get back to the land of the free

TR, have you ever tried Innis and Gunn Ale, it's spectacular.

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries

Samson, you just haven't found the right beer for you You need to get out there and lots of different beers, but seen as you are from Russia ye all are mad bastards when it comes to spirits lol
    I just hate the bubly bitter funky flavor.

But it sucks when I keep up with my friends at the bar when they are drinking beer. Every once in a while, I'm like fvck, I'm 6 drinks deep - damn I drink I grip.

DCI
    Try some ales, rather than the muck, that is coors, bud, miller etc. Imported stuff is nice but pricey and ask TR he knows a lot of good ales over your side of the world that are nice.

Guinness? They're alright with a shot of Bailey's dropped in it. You should try Arrogant Bastard Ale.

http://www.arrogantbastard.com/arrog...rd/default.asp

Blergs is offline Associate Member
    I like beer but that thing is just stupid. give me a normal tapped keg and a pitcher!! HA

LMAO, if that happend over here she would taken out and shot, and shot again if she survived, pouring a bad pint of Guinness holds some worse punishments than robbing a car

That's exactly how we saw them pouring it, and this might sound mental but you have to pour guinness into a proper guinness pint glass, so if ye americans are ever over here, rob a few of them for when ye get back to the land of the free

TR, have you ever tried Innis and Gunn Ale, it's spectacular.
    mate
    when i lived in europe, it was a hobby of mine to "borrow" the glassware that the beer was served in. I've moved more than 15 times in the last 25 years, and unfortunately, with each move, it seems like my collection dwindles. I might have a half dozen glasses left. Even my prized 1ltr beer mug from the 1982 Munchen October Fest is no more....

i have never even heard of this beer. I will go to bevmo and see if they have it. you do know that the process of importing a beer actually undermines the quality of a beer? I went to holland once and had a couple of heineken darks right at the brewery. tasted a little like a dunkel. dark and sweet, giving nice head (ever notice the similarities when people talk about women and beer?). best beer i ever had at that point in time. move back to america, order one up.....tasted like a totally different beer. disappointing!

Razor is offline Banned
    Who likes Guinness Black Lager? Its a bit different

Razor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by samson_420 View Post
    I fvcking hate beer and can barely stomach just about any beer. Every once in a while I can drop a Corona with a lime if it's fresh.

Why not just drink good tasting hard liquer? I much rather have a Yager bomber with a diet Red bull then a nasty ass BL. Must be the Rusky within, since I been like 25 I can drink vodka like no other.

But, to each is own. We all like juice of different flavors
    Start with Budweiser, its brewed for mass to always taste good, once you drink that for a few months you with a quire a taste for better beer. Budweiser is still my go to staple beer every time though, I really like it

Who likes Guinness Black Lager? Its a bit different
    well, if it's a lager, it means it was fermented slow, in a cold envvironment. typically reserved for lighter beers. in the Guinness spectrum

Extra Stout < Ale < Draught

where does this one fiit in? (I haven't tried it yet)

cherrydrpepper is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Dan. Cherry. Myself love beer. Them more than me haha
    Razr.. as I type this.. Im holding my first glass of vodka/sprite.

LET THE GAMES BEGIN BITCHES

HOOAHHH

DCI
    mate
    when i lived in europe, it was a hobby of mine to "borrow" the glassware that the beer was served in. I've moved more than 15 times in the last 25 years, and unfortunately, with each move, it seems like my collection dwindles. I might have a half dozen glasses left. Even my prized 1ltr beer mug from the 1982 Munchen October Fest is no more....

i have never even heard of this beer. I will go to bevmo and see if they have it. you do know that the process of importing a beer actually undermines the quality of a beer? I went to holland once and had a couple of heineken darks right at the brewery. tasted a little like a dunkel. dark and sweet, giving nice head (ever notice the similarities when people talk about women and beer?). best beer i ever had at that point in time. move back to america, order one up.....tasted like a totally different beer. disappointing!
    IF you want any proper glasses let me know buddy of mine owns and off licence and can get anything if you want. It's a lovely Ale bud it's aged in oak barrells gives it a lovely sweet taste and hints of toffee it also it 6.6% ABV so you'll know about it after drinking a few lol.

Razor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrydrpepper View Post
    Razr.. as I type this.. Im holding my first glass of vodka/sprite.

LET THE GAMES BEGIN BITCHES

HOOAHHH

Its 5 oclock somewhere right?

Blog Entries
    Razr I wish I knew where you lived. I would make a fake uniform and write you parking tickets with my house as the pay address. Then when you tried to flip my tricycle looking thing I would lay the smackdown on your candy ass and send the tape in as a promo to WWE

Razor is offline Banned
    says san diego right on that meter mades trike..just saying But I like the idea

Start with Budweiser, its brewed for mass to always taste good, once you drink that for a few months you with a quire a taste for better beer. Budweiser is still my go to staple beer every time though, I really like it
    incorrect.

it is brewed to not have a distinct flavor or characteristic. it has no nose, no aromatics, no rings down the glass, no head and no after taste.

this beer is so "unoffensive" that it has very little beer-ish qualities that most other beers possess.

here's the test. quality beer tastes good room temperature. serving beer cold numbs the tastebuds and hides the true flavor of the beer.

most quality beers are fine room temperature. try a budweiser sometime at room temperature......

for a first timer, I'd recommend serviing up maybe 6 beers from a variety of sources and see if they like any

thoughts for the six
    Pacifica (with a lime wedge)
    samuel smith's oat meal stout
    harp or watneys
    kirin
    MGD
    Becks

Razr I wish I knew where you lived. I would make a fake uniform and write you parking tickets with my house as the pay address. Then when you tried to flip my tricycle looking thing I would lay the smackdown on your candy ass and send the tape in as a promo to WWE
    big talker, when's the video out?

(my money's on Razr) =)

Blog Entries
    big talker, when's the video out?

(my money's on Razr) =)
    Roman Im going to find you hold you down and make some asian chick wax your gray pubes so you can compete in bbing

If you start complaining I'll slip her a 20 to give you the egg roll rub and squeeze

Roman Im going to find you hold you down and make some asian chick wax your gray pubes so you can compete in bbing

If you start complaining I'll slip her a 20 to give you the egg roll rub and squeeze
    oh, big man! now you've stooped so low as to start picking on the elderly?? ya get too close and i'll whack ya with my cane! =)

DCI
    incorrect.

it is brewed to not have a distinct flavor or characteristic. it has no nose, no aromatics, no rings down the glass, no head and no after taste.

this beer is so "unoffensive" that it has very little beer-ish qualities that most other beers possess.

here's the test. quality beer tastes good room temperature. serving beer cold numbs the tastebuds and hides the true flavor of the beer.

most quality beers are fine room temperature. try a budweiser sometime at room temperature......

for a first timer, I'd recommend serviing up maybe 6 beers from a variety of sources and see if they like any

thoughts for the six
    Pacifica (with a lime wedge)
    samuel smith's oat meal stout
    harp or watneys
    kirin
    MGD
    Becks
    Bud, the greatest headache in a can is all I can say to that. Yep, as TR said all the generic beers taste of nothing really, the only one over that is half way tolerable is Heineken but then that's only drunk as a last resort in my book. As TR said all decent beers should taste grand at room temp wereas mass produced muck tastes awful. My buddy works for a huge cider manufacturer over here and he was telling me they make lots of other "brands" on contract for the companys and just lash anything into them and just load them with sugar to give it some kinda taste he was saying.

Razor is offline Banned

Man I just got outa the gym and you guys are making me want to drink fck..I at least need to go eat a tuna sammy b4 wreking myself lol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information