Twin is offline Associate Member

anyone have Tinea versicolor?

been getting real pissed off lately, i have this shit on the back of my neck and all over my upper back. i look like i have some contagious disease. people say " u got something on the back of ur neck" when really its just my skin disease... Tinea versicolor...

i never had this ever in my life till i started working out. (18 years old) and then it just started getting worst and worst..

its caused from sweating and then it drying or something.

i got it in middle of forearms. neck and back. and a little on my chest.

doctor told me to rub selsun blue and take some cortizone pills and it helped a little but its still horrible looking.

anyone have this disease? any tips on how u control it? because this is bull shit. the only time i can take off my shirt is in a club when its dark and bitches dont notice it. but i cant walk around shirtless without bitches noticing it and having them turned off. was gonna cut but **** it. getting big and bigger. **** getting low body fat if i cant take my shirt off. **** u shitty skin disease. i dont even give a **** about my health. wait till i go to the derm. im getting the strongest damn cream. even if it makes me die 10 years earlier.. cuz this is complete bullshit... i know it could be worst. but it still ****ing sucks.

AD
    AD is offline Knowledgeable Member
    its just skin fungus right, try some anti-fungal tabs, ketoconazole or the newer itraconazole. keep it at a low dose and just a short course though.

Misery13 is offline Not Here
    Quote Originally Posted by asiandude View Post
    its just skin fungus right, try some anti-fungal tabs, ketoconazole or the newer itraconazole. keep it at a low dose and just a short course though.
    I get it every summer. Really bad. I use ketoconazole to get it under control. I'm going to look into the itraconazole.

Misery13 is offline Not Here
    Quote Originally Posted by asiandude View Post
    I get it every summer. Really bad. I use ketoconazole to get it under control. I'm going to look into the itraconazole.

HCL
    HCL is offline New Member
    Get a ketoconazole shampoo/shower gel, rubb it in, wait 5 minutes, then water off... Combine that with a antifungal creme(terbinafine).

1x a day the shower/shampo
    2x day the cream

After a week it should be better/gone.

After the first week, 2x per week is a good regime to prevent it from comming back...

In extreme cases, you need the tabs to get rid of it systematicaly.

JAB1 is offline Member
    Not sure if thats what I had a couple years ago or not, but looks similar. I had it on my back and middle of my chest. Girl that was waxing me at the time said to use white vinegar and alcohol 50/50 ratio and rub it on area. I did that for couple days it dissapeared and has never come back.

Twin is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HCL View Post
    Get a ketoconazole shampoo/shower gel, rubb it in, wait 5 minutes, then water off... Combine that with a antifungal creme(terbinafine).

1x a day the shower/shampo
    2x day the cream

After a week it should be better/gone.

After the first week, 2x per week is a good regime to prevent it from comming back...

In extreme cases, you need the tabs to get rid of it systematicaly.
    thx ill give the anti fungalcreme a try.../ur routine a try..

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1 View Post
    Not sure if thats what I had a couple years ago or not, but looks similar. I had it on my back and middle of my chest. Girl that was waxing me at the time said to use white vinegar and alcohol 50/50 ratio and rub it on area. I did that for couple days it dissapeared and has never come back.
    ill maybe give that a try.. but i thought alcohol makes it worst? i was told by my derm to avoid all products on skin with alcohol .

AD
    AD is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Misery13 View Post
    Sporanox is the original. you may also be able to find various other cheaper generics

Thread Information