MaNiCC is offline AR's Think Tank - Retired

The roids made me do it!

Boyfriend pulled handbrake during row in car

Dec 2 2010 by Rob Kennedy, Evening Chronicle
    Comments (3)
    Recommend (3)
    Richard Yates

STEROID -pumped Richard Yates caused his girlfriend’s car to overturn and crash by yanking on the handbrake during a row.

Drunk Yates had turned up at ***** *****home in the early hours and she offered to drive him to his house.

The pair were having a blazing row as they drove along and a combination of ‘roid rage ’ and ‘impulse’ drove Yates to pull the handbrake.

Miss *****’s Renault Clio veered out of control, hit a barrier and rolled on to its roof near Newcastle’s Town Moor.

Now Yates, 26, has been jailed for 21 months after he admitted causing danger to road-users by interference with a motor vehicle.

Judge Guy Whitburn told him: “You could have killed her, yourself and others.

“You deliberately pulled the handbrake causing that vehicle to overturn and crash and it was completely written off.

“You were completely drunk and one has heard the expression ‘roid rage’.”

Yates, of Salisbury Avenue, North Shields, had gone to his then girlfriend’s home in the West End of Newcastle and immediately started losing his temper, Newcastle Crown Court heard.

Afraid he would wake her flatmate, Miss ***** suggested they went to his house.

As they drove along they continued to argue and as they headed along Silver Lonnen, Fenham, he became very aggressive.

She eventually turned off a dual carriageway near the Town Moor and as she drove along he pulled the handbrake.

Tony Glover, prosecuting, said: “She started panicking and was extremely frightened.

“The car swerved violently and crashed into the central barrier and rolled on to the roof. Glass broke and the car stopped upside down and she was left hanging from the seatbelt.”

Miss ****** was taken to hospital and had a sore head, cuts to her elbow and neck and was very shocked and later collapsed.

Afterwards Yates said: “I can’t believe I have done this, it was pure steroids . It was an argument, she knows how to push my buttons.” The car was written off in the crash.

Judge Whitburn said: “He made a mess of the car and was lucky not to have made a mess of his girlfriend.”

Yates, who has previous convictions for 44 offences, was given a restraining order for five years as well as the prison sentence.

Alec Burns, defending, said: “He has an alcohol problem and was on steroids at the time, which he has now stopped taking.”

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/north...#ixzz174YhuzNM

Boyfriend pulled handbrake during row in car

by Rob Kennedy, Evening Chronicle
    Dec 2 2010

STEROID-pumped Richard Yates caused his girlfriend’s car to overturn and crash by yanking on the handbrake during a row.

Drunk Yates had turned up at her home in the early hours and she offered to drive him to his house.

The pair were having a blazing row as they drove along and a combination of ‘roid rage’ and ‘impulse’ drove Yates to pull the handbrake.

Her Renault Clio veered out of control, hit a barrier and rolled on to its roof near Newcastle’s Town Moor.

Now Yates, 26, has been jailed for 21 months after he admitted causing danger to road-users by interference with a motor vehicle.

Judge Guy Whitburn told him: “You could have killed her, yourself and others.

“You deliberately pulled the handbrake causing that vehicle to overturn and crash and it was completely written off.

“You were completely drunk and one has heard the expression ‘roid rage’.”

Yates, of Salisbury Avenue, North Shields, had gone to his then girlfriend’s home in the West End of Newcastle and immediately started losing his temper, Newcastle Crown Court heard.

Afraid he would wake her flatmate, she suggested they went to his house.

As they drove along they continued to argue and as they headed along Silver Lonnen, Fenham, he became very aggressive.

She eventually turned off a dual carriageway near the Town Moor and as she drove along he pulled the handbrake.

Tony Glover, prosecuting, said: “She started panicking and was extremely frightened.

“The car swerved violently and crashed into the central barrier and rolled on to the roof. Glass broke and the car stopped upside down and she was left hanging from the seatbelt.”

She was taken to hospital and had a sore head, cuts to her elbow and neck and was very shocked and later collapsed.

Afterwards Yates said: “I can’t believe I have done this, it was pure steroids. It was an argument, she knows how to push my buttons.” The car was written off in the crash.

Judge Whitburn said: “He made a mess of the car and was lucky not to have made a mess of his girlfriend.”

Yates, who has previous convictions for 44 offences, was given a restraining order for five years as well as the prison sentence.

Alec Burns, defending, said: “He has an alcohol problem and was on steroids at the time, which he has now stopped taking.”

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/north...#ixzz23vupIntE

bruary17 is offline Member
    “He has an alcohol problem and was on steroids at the time, which he has now stopped taking.”

he's probably a skinny borring person now.

stack_it is offline Nothing to it, but to do it
    Fvckin idiot.

Btw is a row a drive?

DCannon is offline Knowledgeable Member
    A row is an arguement.

Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"
    Row row row your bitch, smack her in the face....

bodybuilder is offline Senior Member
    I love it how they blame the steroids all the time. What a joke.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    He was a dickhead before he took steroids and steroids just made him even a bigger dickhead,

44 previous!! kind of explains what he is.

stack_it is offline Nothing to it, but to do it
    Marcus all 44 previous were from the rage he got when thinking about using steroids . It's a media proven fact that it's possible...

gettingthere is offline Senior Member
    If your a dickhead before steroids , then your just going to be a bigger dickhead on them

boz
    boz is offline R.I.P. T-Gunz Gone but, Never Forgotten.
    Quote Originally Posted by bruary17 View Post
    “He has an alcohol problem and was on steroids at the time, which he has now stopped taking.”

he's probably a skinny borring person now.
    Guys like that need to stay skinny and boring, they are to much of danger to themselves and others.

Thread Information