JAB1 is offline Member

How people treat you as you grow.

Just thought Id post this up for some chit chat. I am still quite small compared to most here. But have made good progress past couple years. I started at 5'10" 145, and am now at 185. I have small bones, etc, so I feel I look pretty good at 185 and lean. I focus on every muscle, etc so am fairly symetrical, etc. I am on cycle now and have been noticing some changes from people at the gym. the other day a guy that Ive never spoken too walks by and pats me on the back after a set of squats. Couple days before that one of the more advanced guys there is annoyed about all the beginners in our way around the dumbell rack and looks at me and rolls his eyes and says what the ****, looking at the others(like us vs them type thing). Guys I never used to speak with are saying whats up etc. People offering to spot me, etc, never used to happen. Most of these guys are the bigger or more advanced guys in my gym. I assume they either know im juicing and are knid of welcoming me to the club, or have just seen me around and making progress and opening up to me. Im not a social guy so I tend to avoid any eye contact or communications, so unless spoken to I tend not to communicate, may not be as obvious to you social butterfiles, but just curious what youve experienced as you have progressed.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    a lot more looks from the ladies!

gearbox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Looks from everyone when I do certain lifts

Nothing better when you take off your shirt or naked and your woman says "omg your so hot"

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    life is a popularity contest....

....the better you look, the more popular you become.

No, not fair, just the way it is.....

....my ugly bull perspective. However, being a muscular ugly bull, you still get some attention.

Rwy
    Rwy is offline Productive Member
    I was a ****ing fat ass about 7 months ago. I mean ****ing fat and I brought home some chick the other night and she as like wow you have a great body. I got almost embarrassed because I guess I still feel like I have a ways to go and just havent heard a comment like that in a long time. My ex gf constantly said I dont even know who you are anymore. Which was nice but she was my girl so they are supposed to say stuff like that.

Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    I'm pretty sure you have NORMAL sized bones. Its all the stuff thats hanging on em that make ppl look bigger or smaller.

Biggest compliment...I go into a male strip club with my wife and the "performers have not shown up. MC is begging me to dance cause the pirahna are hungry. Man if I wan't so damn white I woulda done but all I got is that 1 80's dance move (side to side shit)

Bigd89 is offline Senior Member
    Been lifting for 6 years. I was 6'2" 175lbs...a lanky mess! Now 6'3" 255-260lbs...the looks I get from my classmates from high school..priceless! Not to mention most guys stare me down so I try to avoid any eye contact and no confrontation. Im a lover..not a fighter! Unless its self defense of course.

JAB1 is offline Member
    LOL, yeah I guess I do have normal bones.

JAB1 is offline Member
    YEah Ive been getting more attention out of the gym as well. Went out to dinner, social event with my wifes Dad and fam a little while ago. Meet their neighbor. The guy is drunk, and keeps going on about how "stocky" I am, do I fight, etc. He wouldnt shut up. It was very flattering at first as Ive never been called stocky in my life, but got annoying as I was sober and he was getting drunker by the minute...

Oh yeah, looks from the ladies are nice too, but, im married, so thats kinda like driving a ferrari in traffic..

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    life is a popularity contest....

....the better you look, the more popular you become.

No, not fair, just the way it is.....

....my ugly old wrinkly bull perspective. However, being a muscular ugly old wrinkled up bull, you still get some attention.
    fixed!

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1 View Post
    Just thought Id post this up for some chit chat. I am still quite small compared to most here. But have made good progress past couple years. I started at 5'10" 145, and am now at 185. I have small bones, etc, so I feel I look pretty good at 185 and lean. I focus on every muscle, etc so am fairly symetrical, etc. I am on cycle now and have been noticing some changes from people at the gym. the other day a guy that Ive never spoken too walks by and pats me on the back after a set of squats. Couple days before that one of the more advanced guys there is annoyed about all the beginners in our way around the dumbell rack and looks at me and rolls his eyes and says what the ****, looking at the others(like us vs them type thing). Guys I never used to speak with are saying whats up etc. People offering to spot me, etc, never used to happen. Most of these guys are the bigger or more advanced guys in my gym. I assume they either know im juicing and are knid of welcoming me to the club, or have just seen me around and making progress and opening up to me. Im not a social guy so I tend to avoid any eye contact or communications, so unless spoken to I tend not to communicate, may not be as obvious to you social butterfiles, but just curious what youve experienced as you have progressed.
    interesting...never looked at this from a guys perspective and I do notice men who are in shape, mostly out of respect, cuz I think it takes dedication, commitment, even sacrific to be in shape more so then to be a couch potato So it's a form of admiration of the effort (and the results are nice to take in too)

And an old buff bull is better than an old bull

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    it happens all the time when your out to. You will see another big guy and get the juicehead nod
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

stpete is offline Banned
    haha, the juicehead nod. Yep, get and give those quite a bit. I get a lot of looks but there's only a handful that i actually talk to. Not that i wouldn't communicate, people just leave me alone. Well, except for the owner and his employees. I talk to them all the time.

Rwy
    Rwy is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigd89 View Post
    Been lifting for 6 years. I was 6'2" 175lbs...a lanky mess! Now 6'3" 255-260lbs...the looks I get from my classmates from high school..priceless! Not to mention most guys stare me down so I try to avoid any eye contact and no confrontation. Im a lover..not a fighter! Unless its self defense of course.
    See this happens to me also. I am 6'2 about 235 and people always give me dirty looks or some even make comments. I think wtf I am twice your size what are you thinking.

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    I was a scronny kid growing up. Just eye fvcking people now is cool. So many people just won't even fvck with me now it's not even funny.

I want to get even bigger and juicier. . . Respect Biotch! lol

jbm
    jbm is offline "3 stars and a sun"
    When I take off my pants girls do kneel down infront of me to pay big respect!

juice work is offline Banned
    I wont talk to people at the gym i dont see there frequently busting their ass, people have noticed your hard work and respect that

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    LOL, yeah I guess I do have normal bones.
    Although you may not have expressed yourself well,

People absolutely do have different body types and bone structures. Although during adolescence much can be done to adjust this, once growth plates have closed you will see minimal changes in thing like pelvis width and width of the rotator cuffs. It is for this reason that at 6 foot and 190 lbs some will appear very well muscled and others will be lank and featureless.

Myself I am also an ectomorph, but am genetically gifted with good proportions and great strength. I have only been eating/training serious for the past half year. This is me at 57 at 193 lbs.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Webimage2.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	55.9 KB 
ID:	125704

And yeah I have noticed the same stuff at my gym, I think its more of a "club" type deal. That is gym members come and go, some never really diet or workout, others do it for a month then drop out. However once those who devote themselves to diet and excersize for ages they will respect and admire simalar discipline in others. So now that you have been dubbed on of them they are opening up to you.

I have had the same experience where I lift, those who used to ignore me know say hello and make small talk there is actually only one regular ( A trainer) who does not converse with me, the other day I heard he used to be huge and now is small so I am pretty sure its juice envy..kinda like how an AA newbie feels toward those who can enjoy a drink...so I got no problem with him and will continue to smile and say hello....he can either return it or let it continue to eat him up LOL.

JAB1 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by juice work View Post
    I wont talk to people at the gym i dont see there frequently busting their ass, people have noticed your hard work and respect that
    Yeah this is good to hear its nice to enter the inner circle so to speak!!

JAB1 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Far from massive View Post
    Although you may not have expressed yourself well,

People absolutely do have different body types and bone structures. Although during adolescence much can be done to adjust this, once growth plates have closed you will see minimal changes in thing like pelvis width and width of the rotator cuffs. It is for this reason that at 6 foot and 190 lbs some will appear very well muscled and others will be lank and featureless.

Myself I am also an ectomorph, but am genetically gifted with good proportions and great strength. I have only been eating/training serious for the past half year. This is me at 57 at 193 lbs.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Webimage2.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	55.9 KB 
ID:	125704

And yeah I have noticed the same stuff at my gym, I think its more of a "club" type deal. That is gym members come and go, some never really diet or workout, others do it for a month then drop out. However once those who devote themselves to diet and excersize for ages they will respect and admire simalar discipline in others. So now that you have been dubbed on of them they are opening up to you.

I have had the same experience where I lift, those who used to ignore me know say hello and make small talk there is actually only one regular ( A trainer) who does not converse with me, the other day I heard he used to be huge and now is small so I am pretty sure its juice envy..kinda like how an AA newbie feels toward those who can enjoy a drink...so I got no problem with him and will continue to smile and say hello....he can either return it or let it continue to eat him up LOL.
    YEah I wasnt sure how to word it but you got me. I have small wrists, ankles, etc, small hat size. so although 185 doesnt sound like much, its an extra 40 pounds for me.

Juice envy..love it, yeah the other side of the spectrum is I get a few stare downs or dirty looks too, I dont pay much attention becasue I am a quiet type so Ive been accused of being an asshole before when really im very nice but introverted, so I try not to assume they are mean mugging me but Im sure a few are.

JAB1 is offline Member
    Funny story about the above post topic. When I was 18 I moved to the Rockies and worked at a ski resort as I was a snowboard fanatic, I worked their, rode every day, was part of the inner circle, I was 18. A group of inner city kids came to the mountain on some typ of trip and I felt one was starring me down like a prick so I called him out, ended up in a fight. The director for the mountain scolded me, pulled my pass for a week, lol, then gave it back couple days later on a powder day(he was a great guy). Anyway he made a comment that stuck. He pulled me in his office, slammed the door, and yells "Just cause you have a big dick doesnt mean you have to waive it in everyones face"!!! He then went on to explain that the kid was out of his out of his own element, and smack dab in the middle of mine, and that he was more than likely admiring my abilities. When you are in the top tier of something, people will stare, and its my responsibility to understand that. Good life lesson. He called me Rocky for the rest of the season, lol...

kronik420 is offline Anabolic Member
    was thinking about this exact thing lately , ive noticed alot more people looking at me aswell as alot more people talking to me, can get a bit annoying at times when your trying to work-out . also been hearing afew steroid comments aswell lol, i just take it as a compliment as i havnt cycled ... yet. cant wait oh and anew personal best for me on the leg press 1080 pounds 6 reps

JAB1 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kronik420 View Post
    was thinking about this exact thing lately , ive noticed alot more people looking at me aswell as alot more people talking to me, can get a bit annoying at times when your trying to work-out . also been hearing afew steroid comments aswell lol, i just take it as a compliment as i havnt cycled ... yet. cant wait oh and anew personal best for me on the leg press 1080 pounds 6 reps

Nice job on the leg press!! YEah my best friend is like you,. hes a monster and was always being accused of juicing before he ever did. Now he has 2 cycles under his belt

Quote Originally Posted by kronik420
    Beast mode!

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Big deal I can do 180 for 6 reps no problem...ohh you said a thousand and eighty ..

Seriously this time, Congrats thats really pushing some plates.

thanks , although it does have a downside, my legs are too big, too long on the treadmill and chafe hard lol, or too many laps around the mall, same thing. oh well guess its 1 of the prices you pay for being big.

wh1spa is offline Senior Member
    thanks , although it does have a downside, my legs are too big, too long on the treadmill and chafe hard lol, or too many laps around the mall, same thing. oh well guess its 1 of the prices you pay for being big.
    Time to invest in some $10 bike shorts to wear under your clothes mate. Works wonders for me..

kalspic is offline Senior Member
    taking the plates off has to be a real pain in the ass

^^ putting the plates on and taking them off is half the work-out lol

xXthehulkXx is offline Associate Member
    Bad thing about them compression shorts/underwear, is that they will rub through. I've had mine for a few months and starting to rub holes in them:'(

Quote Originally Posted by xXthehulkXx
    Bad thing about them compression shorts/underwear, is that they will rub through. I've had mine for a few months and starting to rub holes in them:'(
    We get it..your legs are huge! Enough already...

JAB1 is offline Member
    1080 yeah thats nuts, way ahead of me. I press about half that for sets. I started with chicken legs, and although still not all that impressive, I did buy a couple pair of pants a few months ago that I LOVED, and now are to tight in the quads to wear...bittersweet

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1
    1080 yeah thats nuts, way ahead of me. I press about half that for sets. I started with chicken legs, and although still not all that impressive, I did buy a couple pair of pants a few months ago that I LOVED, and now are to tight in the quads to wear...bittersweet
    No bitter sweet. That is all sweet. Maybe I should just buy smaller sizes

JAB1 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gearbox View Post
    No bitter sweet. That is all sweet. Maybe I should just buy smaller sizes
    haha yeah I guess you're right!!

Thread Information