Natureboy71 is offline Associate Member

Arnold's New Book.

I picked it up yesterday. In the one part he says that basically steriods give a bodybuilder about as much advantage as having a suntan. Yeah, that's why all pro's use them? Makes no sense.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    thanks. now i know not to run ouut and buy it new. I'll wait a year until i can buy it used on amazon

gearbox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Natureboy71
    I picked it up yesterday. In the one part he says that basically steriods give a bodybuilder about as much advantage as having a suntan. Yeah, that's why all pro's use them? Makes no sense.
    Care to elaborate?

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    Arnold lost his marbles

bigZthedestroyer is offline Anabolic Member~Recognized Member Winner - $100
    I just watched his interview on Piers Morgan..I may pick it up..

Nicotine is offline Anabolic Member
    he's a washed up has been who just needed another source of income.

he's not a movie ticket seller like he was in his hay day, his body building days are dead - and he has insulted the sport and the current athletes to no end, and his political career is dead.

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicotine View Post

he's not a movie ticket seller like he was in his hay day, his body building days are dead - and he has insulted the sport and the current athletes to no end, and his political career is dead.
    Damn that's harsh. But, I completely agree. He was a hero for many. But, now he's more of a joke. . . .

SEOINAGE is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Natureboy71 View Post
    I still think Arnold is the man. He may have his reasons for saying that, just like I am sure a lot of other stuff in his book is BS. I'll likely read it eventually, have a few other books to finish first.

Mrcivil is offline Associate Member
    He is a shadow of who he was I watched the new expendables and he just seemed like a joke I know they were joking around abit but definitely just seemed washed up

Quote Originally Posted by Mrcivil View Post
    He is a shadow of who he was I watched the new expendables and he just seemed like a joke I know they were joking around abit but definitely just seemed washed up
    That movie was terrible. Obviously he isn't going to be the same arnold from 20-30 years ago.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    He's the Governor what do you expect him to say..............the truth

lstbred is offline Senior Member
    I dont think he's washed up, he's just old, remember, he was in his prime 25 yrs ago? 30? but he definetly has done some stupid sh*t.

red_hulk is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrcivil
    The character he is scripted to play doesn't have anything to do with his character as a person. Do you think Al Pacino used to be a good gangster too, but now not so much?

No my point was in the way he comes across lately on his Facebook and other public outlets he just seems a tired old has been he was great in his prime after the last few years you would think its time to step back relax and retire but he just seems to keep trying to throw himself out there

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    i couldnt think of anything more boring to read, and im a 'factual only' reader..........

Blog Entries
    No my point was in the way he comes across lately on his Facebook and other public outlets he just seems a tired old has been he was great in his prime after the last few years you would think its time to step back relax and retire but he just seems to keep trying to throw himself out there
    that wont be him....

Quote Originally Posted by dec11
    that wont be him....
    Pretty sure it is he is always linking photos from his instagram page of what he is currently doing as well as updates about his book and all sorts of other promo stuff may be someone who works for him but pretty sure it's him

Blog Entries
    Pretty sure it is he is always linking photos from his instagram page of what he is currently doing as well as updates about his book and all sorts of other promo stuff may be someone who works for him but pretty sure it's him
    celebs usually have someone do that via a media company for them and collect $$$$$ for it, heavily proof read and censored, of course

ironbeck is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Natureboy71 View Post
    Am I the only one ? when I read this statement(its a matter of interpretation) I take it he means when everyone is using steroids its the same, like if everyone did not use them. There is no advantage because everyone is using the same advantage.
    It's not hard to take one insert out of context, unless the whole page and paragraph is read...right.?
    And in my opinion you all should be ashamed of yourselves throwing aronld under the bus like that. Don't get me wrong the man is not and never was my idol, but I respect his accomplishments and has done much with his life. More than I can say for myself and most, no one is perfect right. So he is a womanizing douche-bag....he still came from nothing and made millions, admiration, scorn, judgement and lived a full outstanding life! I don't know about the man "arnold" but the man deserves a little credit no? a little respect no? Its easy to pick apart every little mistake and try to belittle someone to ?why? make your self feel better by pointing a finger, its the ppl who point the finger that make me sick.

MR-FQ320 is offline This means war!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicotine

Sad but true.

auswest is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ironbeck
    Am I the only one ? when I read this statement(its a matter of interpretation) I take it he means when everyone is using steroids its the same, like if everyone did not use them. There is no advantage because everyone is using the same advantage.
    It's not hard to take one insert out of context, unless the whole page and paragraph is read...right.?
    And in my opinion you all should be ashamed of yourselves throwing aronld under the bus like that. Don't get me wrong the man is not and never was my idol, but I respect his accomplishments and has done much with his life. More than I can say for myself and most, no one is perfect right. So he is a womanizing douche-bag....he still came from nothing and made millions, admiration, scorn, judgement and lived a full outstanding life! I don't know about the man "arnold" but the man deserves a little credit no? a little respect no? Its easy to pick apart every little mistake and try to belittle someone to ?why? make your self feel better by pointing a finger, its the ppl who point the finger that make me sick.
    Totally agree mate, to read some of people's comments were absolutely disgraceful, IMO he is the most successful and accomplished bodybuilder in history. Who are we to criticize his outlook and philosophy's on bodybuilding take a look at this man in his prime, he knew what the fk he was doing, so I am sure as hell willing to listen and respect his opinions and ideas..

Now...I have not read his book, I will certainly get around to it soon, but what also needs to be realized he is a role model for many and a political member, he has to be very careful about what he says..

Arnold is the man , bodybuilding perfection in my eyes, and a very well accomplished man in all other aspects of his life.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Reminds me of a Billy Joel song....

I am the entertainer
    And I know just where I stand
    Another serenader
    And another long-haired band
    Today I am your champion
    I may have won your hearts
    But I know the game, you'll forget my name
    I won't be here in another year
    If I don't stay on the charts
    Realist: A person who sees things as they truly are. A practical person. The pessimist complains about the wind; The optimist expects it to change; The realist adjusts the sails. — William Arthur Ward

JWP806 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicotine View Post

He is worth over $400 million. He doesn't need another source of income. Actually, with his divorce, I guess he might...
    Last edited by JWP806; 10-07-2012 at 09:01 AM.

bp2000 is offline Associate Member
    lol Arnold has accomplished more in 1 lifetime that most will in 10. And he is worth 400 million dollars to ppl who say he's broke. And the guy is 665 years old now and you call him washed up. hahaha I'm sure all you guys will be making movies and writing books at 65. haters

Natureboy71 is offline Associate Member
    The book is interesting enough if your an Arnold fan. But the way I read it was he felt (at least when he competed) that steriods didn't do much anyway so there is no need to use them in bodybuilding.

Here is the page:

"Steriods made me hungrier and thirstier and helped me gain weight, though it was mostly water weight, which was not ideal because it interfered with definition. I learned to use the drugs in the final six or eight weeks leading up to a major competition. They could help you win, but the advantage they gave was about the same as having a good suntan."

Atomini is offline Banned
    Heh, I have no interest in this book.

And though I respect the achievements Arnold has done, I believe he is the biggest two-timing machiavellian two-faced backstabbing schemer out there. He took the biggest 180 ever. Back in his prime during the 60s and 70s, he was such a rebellious hippy liberal-minded back then. Then, he turns into this neo-conservative protecting family values and social morals (not that those two things are a bad thing), and has gone completely anti steroid to boot. A LOT of people know that he is the do-anything-at-all-costs to make it to the top, do it off other people's backs, even if it may be things that are morally wrong. You think he didn't act one way to get what he wanted, and then went back to acting a completely opposite way once he got there? You think he didn't screw a lot of people over and step on a lot of people's toes along his path to success? It's a known fact he did A LOT of dirty moves to get to where he is. A guy like that can't be trusted at all. This is why I always rolled my eyes whenever people would be like "ARNOLD FOR PRESIDENT!". I would never EVER want Arnold for president, lol.

As far as it goes with this quote about steroids being as beneficial as a suntan... this is just another one of the countless times he's lied out of his ass about his anabolic steroid use and made statements so ambiguous its rediculous. 25 years ago he's telling people he was all natural. 15 years ago he told people all he ever used was "low dose primo" and only ever juiced with small tiny doses during the few weeks pre-competition to maintain mass while dieting. Then you have a lot of people who first hand knew for a fact that he would get juiced up to the gills. Even have some famous quotes from Arnold himself in his prime saying things like "Dianabol is the breakfast of champions". I mean, come on...

JWP806 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bp2000 View Post
    lol Arnold has accomplished more in 1 lifetime that most will in 10. And he is worth 400 million dollars to ppl who say he's broke. And the guy is 665 years old now and you call him washed up. hahaha I'm sure all you guys will be making movies and writing books at 65. haters
    You clearly don't know anything about Arnold. Atomini's post above hits the nail on the head.

Wazz is offline Associate Member
    Ahh, I still love Arnold, I just re-watched the 25th Anniversary Edition of "Pumping Iron" & loved the Raw extras... He's always made me laugh, admiting to steroids , smokin' weed ect.. He was good fun.

I have a feeling the book will be more politically correct & it's got to be about the $$$. He's not totally washed, Arnold is already booked out 3+ films so hopefully he'll come back a bit. I really hope now that he's out of office he'll get that spark back in him & keep shooting higher. The guys always been an inspiration to me. Now I want to go watch Conan or Commando

Quote Originally Posted by Atomini View Post
    Heh, I have no interest in this book.

And though I respect the achievements Arnold has done, I believe he is the biggest two-timing machiavellian two-faced backstabbing schemer out there. He took the biggest 180 ever. Back in his prime during the 60s and 70s, he was such a rebellious hippy liberal-minded back then. Then, he turns into this neo-conservative protecting family values and social morals (not that those two things are a bad thing), and has gone completely anti steroid to boot. A LOT of people know that he is the do-anything-at-all-costs to make it to the top, do it off other people's backs, even if it may be things that are morally wrong. You think he didn't act one way to get what he wanted, and then went back to acting a completely opposite way once he got there? You think he didn't screw a lot of people over and step on a lot of people's toes along his path to success? It's a known fact he did A LOT of dirty moves to get to where he is. A guy like that can't be trusted at all. This is why I always rolled my eyes whenever people would be like "ARNOLD FOR PRESIDENT!". I would never EVER want Arnold for president, lol.

As far as it goes with this quote about steroids being as beneficial as a suntan... this is just another one of the countless times he's lied out of his ass about his anabolic steroid use and made statements so ambiguous its rediculous. 25 years ago he's telling people he was all natural. 15 years ago he told people all he ever used was "low dose primo" and only ever juiced with small tiny doses during the few weeks pre-competition to maintain mass while dieting. Then you have a lot of people who first hand knew for a fact that he would get juiced up to the gills. Even have some famous quotes from Arnold himself in his prime saying things like "Dianabol is the breakfast of champions". I mean, come on...
    Pretty sure just about everyone in those high power positions have done it at any cost, and stepped on people on the way up. It's a dirty world, that's just how it works.

Atomini is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SEOINAGE View Post
    Pretty sure just about everyone in those high power positions have done it at any cost, and stepped on people on the way up. It's a dirty world, that's just how it works.
    Yup. I was going to mention that Arnold is not exclusive to this behavior. You don't get to the top by playing by the rules... we all know you've got to for the most part lie, cheat, steal, and play people to make your way to the top. Arnold is one of the masters at doing this.

What gets me about it all is not the fact that he's like that. It's the fact that there are people deluded into thinking that Arnold is a picture perfect ideal role model, portrayed as making it big through playing by the rules... when the reality is, he got to the top by doing everything BUT that! He's a dirty player! But somehow he's come out to a lot of people as this high-values family-man orented guy to look up to. I don't believe Arnold is a very good inspirational role model. He's not someone who has very good integrity or morals, and there are plenty of other people who can be looked up to as great role models who do/did have a good moral standard, values, and solid integrity.

Blog Entries
    I dont think that anyone who described steroids as 'filling me with water' is talking out of his ass at all, it's true

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=marcus300;6199137]He's the Governor what do you expect him to say..............the truth[QUOTE]there was only one governor, Lenny will be turning in his grave

Thread Information