Wazz is offline Associate Member

Do "Holiday" workout days piss you off? The Gym rush...

Just sayin', I can't stand them... My Gym goes from an everyday usual of 4 of us in the free weights to a dang bee hive of bodies that only come in on "Holiday". I thought Labor Day was bad, Columbus Day actually beat it. Same people everytime.

Funny though:

Although, watching a guy attempt cable flys on the flat bench was hilarious... This guy pegs 70lbs on both sides (low flys). Reaches over & grabs the right cable & stretches over to get the left. He lays on the bench & does some type of fly (it was ugly) & actually gets a rep done, he's in failure on the second rep & let's loose the right cable! SNAP & Crack as the weight stack slams down & everyone's immediately looking (as if they weren't already) & he held the left cable (off balance) as it yanked him off the bench onto the floor...

To top it off, a fellow doing cable Lat pulldowns next to him says "need a spot"?

Holidays.......................................... ..

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    For me it is January that I find frustrating. All the New Years Resolution members. I know they won't last past three weeks, but I try to be helpful and try to let them know how gym etiquette works. Alas, very few of them make it.

Wazz is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyVegas View Post
    For me it is January that I find frustrating. All the New Years Resolution members. I know they won't last past three weeks, but I try to be helpful and try to let them know how gym etiquette works. Alas, very few of them make it.
    That's right, I forgot about that..... In Alaska it's not that bad in Jan, but a bit of influx. I adjust my hours..

Quote Originally Posted by Wazz View Post
    That's right, I forgot about that..... In Alaska it's not that bad in Jan, but a bit of influx. I adjust my hours..
    Pffft, if I lived in Alaska I wouldn't go anywhere in January. Brrrrrrrr.

Quote Originally Posted by Wazz View Post
    Just sayin', I can't stand them... My Gym goes from an everyday usual of 4 of us in the free weights to a dang bee hive of bodies that only come in on "Holiday". I thought Labor Day was bad, Columbus Day actually beat it. Same people everytime.

Funny though:

Although, watching a guy attempt cable flys on the flat bench was hilarious... This guy pegs 70lbs on both sides (low flys). Reaches over & grabs the right cable & stretches over to get the left. He lays on the bench & does some type of fly (it was ugly) & actually gets a rep done, he's in failure on the second rep & let's loose the right cable! SNAP & Crack as the weight stack slams down & everyone's immediately looking (as if they weren't already) & he held the left cable (off balance) as it yanked him off the bench onto the floor...

To top it off, a fellow doing cable Lat pulldowns next to him says "need a spot"?

Holidays.......................................... ..
    Now that made me laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by S&S_ShovelHead View Post
    Now that made me laugh.
    I like a spot on pulldowns. Obviously you don't need a traditional spot to keep from killing yourself, but I like someone that can help me squeeze out an extra rep or two.

JAB1 is offline Member
    its the new years folks in January that bug the hell out of me

Armykid93 is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyvegas
    for me it is january that i find frustrating. All the new years resolution members. I know they won't last past three weeks, but i try to be helpful and try to let them know how gym etiquette works. Alas, very few of them make it.
    x1000

bigZthedestroyer is offline Anabolic Member~Recognized Member Winner - $100
    I have 2 gyms(my normal gym, and the rec center where I go to school). I occasionally workout at the rec center depending on my schedule. Fall term when the freshmen roll in is horrible. A bunch of bro tanks, chicken legs, pickup lines, and curls.

evander87 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigZthedestroyer View Post
    I have 2 gyms(my normal gym, and the rec center where I go to school). I occasionally workout at the rec center depending on my schedule. Fall term when the freshmen roll in is horrible. A bunch of bro tanks, chicken legs, pickup lines, and curls.
    My favorite is the skinny guys with the sleeves cut off their shirts. Seriously bro you aint got sh!t to show off.

bigZthedestroyer is offline Anabolic Member~Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Quote Originally Posted by evander87

My favorite is the skinny guys with the sleeves cut off their shirts. Seriously bro you aint got sh!t to show off.
    Lol yeah. I swear all I see on campus are sleeveless and tanks. No size difference from the shoulder to the wrist...

Thread Information