Thread: David Gilmour

DCI
    DCI is offline Productive Member

David Gilmour

What a man. Extremely intelligent and modest when ever he is speaking and not only that one of the all time great Guitarists. Love this song as it is to remember one of the members of PF.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3m_RzweM0E

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Pink Floyd was all the craze 30 years ago......

.....now I am so sick of those guys!

DCI
    Yeh? I still think they are brilliant imo. Timeless music. I suppose it's a bit like our generation hearing the same music over and over again.

Quote Originally Posted by DCI View Post
    Yeh? I still think they are brilliant imo. Timeless music. I suppose it's a bit like our generation hearing the same music over and over again.
    this is exactly the issue with me. I LOVED Dark Side of the Moon. But after listening to it 400 times, do I really need to hear it 401 times?

DCI
    True, I know what you are saying man. I hate all the modern music as you would hear about 6 times each track on the radios playlists that they all run over here. And I can see what you are coming from. I haven't listened to PF in a while about 6 months but went on a big rock listenning day today. Some Rory Gallagher, Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin and PF was good to listen to them all again and have some good memories flow back into my head.

Led Zeppelin is another one I am sooo tired of. Loved em. Went and saw em in concert in '78. but turn em off on the radio now.

DCI
    Yeh? I was the same but haven't turned a cd of there's on in over 2 years and it was great to listen to them again.

one of the local "Classic Rock" channels has a "Get the Led Out" every day at 7 m-f.

I still have all my vinyls. and a killer stereo system. I listen to my albums every once in a while. Mostly when people are over and we are shooting pool in my living room

DCI
    Ahh yes, I forgot ye have that in America Classic rock stations. We have nothing like that over here so when you make a decision to listen to it it's normal for a reason. Have to have a good stereo, I'm only rocking a smallish set up in my living room. NAD 325BEE Amp and Monitor Audio BR6 Bronze speakers plenty of punch and a nice sound off them. The car is where I spent a lot of my money as can spend up to 5 hrs at a time in it.

kmms is offline Productive Member
    no radio stations here so i'm glad to have the entire pink floyd and led zepplin libraries stored on my hard drive.

anytime one of the neighbors houses plays host to a thai wedding that starts at say 6:30am and ends at oh about 6:30am and features thai music that is something like fingernails on a chalkboard or even worse is when they set up karaoke and have drunk idiots singing john denver's country road until the sun comes up, i can either soothe myself with some pink floyd or show the neighbors how to really rock with when the levee breaks. i just downloaded all of the early black sabbath and ozzy too, for those very special occasions.

DCI
    Love it, been listening to music nice and loud this weekend

Vettester is offline Banned
    Big Gilmour fan here!! I try very hard to emulate his style and timing into my program. Finally got down the lead for "Time", which is one of my all time favorites. Only wish they would have put out a few more albums to the tune of Dark Side and The Wall. Saw PF in Denver in 1988 ... Still the best show I've ever seen!

Quote Originally Posted by Vettester View Post
    Big Gilmour fan here!! I try very hard to emulate his style and timing into my program. Finally got down the lead for "Time", which is one of my all time favorites. Only wish they would have put out a few more albums to the tune of Dark Side and The Wall. Saw PF in Denver in 1988 ... Still the best show I've ever seen!
    Best show I ever ever saw was "The Tubes", indoors. this was probably in 84. I went enhanced so that may have had something to do with it. But it was Baaaaaad Asssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blog Entries
    i love gilmore as well...his guitar sound is the best...my old cover band used to do a few tunes from floyd...always fun...

Thread Information