GhostOfRome is offline Junior Member

Weight gain on a caloric deficit...

Why lmao its been two weeks, tracking every calorie on Test E 500mg a week. On a 1k a day to 750 cal a day deficit, so around 1.5-2 lbs a week fat loss* I've lost 70 lbs naturally so I know im counting stuff right. My question is, why am I staying the same weight wtf? Am I replacing fat lost with muscle gained? Im not upset, just curious as to anyone else having the same experience. I know I shouldn't go by the scale just frustrating ya know :/ sitting at 5'11 217.

Water

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    What is your bf %?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Gaspaco is offline "The Italian Stallion"
    Are you using AI?

Quote Originally Posted by S&S_ShovelHead View Post
    Water
    Maybe, i've been on "cycle" For 18 weeks now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    What is your bf %?
    says 17% brother maybe this is a good indicator I am recomping?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaspaco View Post
    Are you using AI?
    yes 12.5mg liquid aromasin ED

Even though, I posted in another thread my estradial was at 71 because I backed off my dosage and I reupped it to 12.5 two days ago, maybe still suffering a little bloat while its coming back down?

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostOfRome View Post
    Maybe, i've been on "cycle" For 18 weeks now.

says 17% brother maybe this is a good indicator I am recomping?

yes 12.5mg liquid aromasin ED

Even though, I posted in another thread my estradial was at 71 because I backed off my dosage and I reupped it to 12.5 two days ago, maybe still suffering a little bloat while its coming back down?
    none of these factors are good at all IMO..

So, your tdee is approx 2700cals. How many are you actually eating an what is your macro split?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    none of these factors are good at all IMO..
    Never coming off, I have low T. I will go to 250, however I have no aspirations to come completely off. After living with it for about 3-4 years. Would rather die of "supposed AAS side effects" Than living like a shitbag. Also I've never fully understood the whole bf percentage thing anyways. So many powerlifters have high bf percentages and they still use. I don't understand the logic behind that. If you're using an AI while on a cut, i've been cutting for a while. What would make the difference. The test isn't aromatizing, so what would be the issue? Not being a smart ass honest questions bro.

So, your tdee is approx 2700cals. How many are you actually eating an what is your macro split?
    I wear a bodybugg and I track it through that. My calories change daily. I am usually in the gym 2-3 hours 6 days a week. I eat based off what my counter says up to 90% efficent rate. So if say I burn 4000 calories a day I take the error of the 10% and call it 3600 cals and i'll eat around 2600-2800 cals. Does this make any sense? Maybe I shouldn't use this since I now use gear. Don't know thats why im here listening to the more advanced members. I am not too prideful to take advice and be told im wrong.

If your average is 2600 cals then you are probably now eating at maintenance and that is why your weight isn't changing. Do you have an energetic job to be allegedly burning 4000cals a day? BTW, none of the heart rate monitors are particularly accurate.

And your macro split?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    hey ghost no problem dude. with E2 of 71 what is the reference range? is it labcorps E2 sensitive assay for males (3-70) because if it is then u are definitely converting test to E2 and need to increase ur AI. if u have been on for 18 weeks IMO u would do well to reduce back to ur TRT dosage. thats a long blast IMO.

id also like to note just because other people use with high bf does NOT make it a good idea.. ill leave that to the smarter test dudes to respond to but i am coming more from the perspective of 18weeks being too long and 17%bf shows u need to lose fat and test is not a fat burner. it will help with partitioning and composition but u can run ur TRT dosage and get ur diet in chek and do cardio to lose fat..

If your average is 2600 cals then you are probably now eating at maintenance and that is why your weight isn't changing. Do you have an energetic job to be allegedly burning 4000cals a day? BTW, none of the heart rate monitors are particularly accurate.

And your macro split?
    I was wounded in Iraq, my day consists of raising my daughter and being in the gym for 3 hours.

I never really calculate my macros because I literally eat the same foods everyday. Have for the past 6 months.
    If I would guess its split between 50% carbs, 40-35% protein rest fats.

I just don't see how it can't be accurate considering the fact I lost 70 lbs with it before, but hey you know what maybe you are right. Maybe it's time to change it up and go by the TDEE method and try that instead. Even though if im eating maintenance on gear shouldn't I still burn fat and add muscle? or no?

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    hey ghost no problem dude. with E2 of 71 what is the reference range? is it labcorps E2 sensitive assay for males (3-70) because if it is then u are definitely converting test to E2 and need to increase ur AI. if u have been on for 18 weeks IMO u would do well to reduce back to ur TRT dosage. thats a long blast IMO.

id also like to note just because other people use with high bf does NOT make it a good idea.. ill leave that to the smarter test dudes to respond to but i am coming more from the perspective of 18weeks being too long and 17%bf shows u need to lose fat and test is not a fat burner. it will help with partitioning and composition but u can run ur TRT dosage and get ur diet in chek and do cardio to lose fat..
    I checked it was between 6 and 42 brother

Not sure brother, I believe it's the female hormone panel but with male in the sex box. I may actually do that bro here very shortly maybe in a couple weeks. I have had 5 bloodworks done, everything seems well. I might take your advice and come down for a while. I also agree, I understand that it's not the best idea. I was just tired of being skinny fat, from active in the military to obese, to skinny fat. Wanted some muscle finally hahaha. So does it still stand you can't be in a caloric deficit and gain muscle even while on test?
    Last edited by GhostOfRome; 02-16-2013 at 01:42 PM.

Burning fat and gaining muscle is possible on gear, as it is natural. That depends on cals, macros and training. Btw, wtf do you do in the gym for 3 hours?

I'd try a split of 40/40/20 for a little while and see how you go. We all react differently to different splits so there is some trial and error. Those splits that work for you at 30% won't necessarily work at 15% etc.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Burning fat and gaining muscle is possible on gear, as it is natural. That depends on cals, macros and training. Btw, wtf do you do in the gym for 3 hours?

I'd try a split of 40/40/20 for a little while and see how you go. We all react differently to different splits so there is some trial and error. Those splits that work for you at 30% won't necessarily work at 15% etc.
    I see brother and yes thats good news to hear. Again here is thing about the bodybugg that turned me on to it several months ago.

How accurate is the bodybugg?
    The Armband has been clinically validated to be over 90% accurate when determining calorie burn through the entire day. More specifically, a recent independent study tested the Armband in real-life situations. Participants engaged in "free living" activities, including brisk walking, running, bicycling, sedentary activities, home activities, home repair, occupational activities, strength training, and ball games. The study compared the Armband to a $40,000 "portable oxygen analyzer", the gold standard for measuring calories. Results showed:

Total Calories for free living activities: mean error <10%.
    Total Minutes of exercise: mean error <5%.

Source: British Journal of Sports Medicine. July 2008. Berntsen et al.

Yes I will try to mix it up brother. Well I do cardio 45-60 minutes ED except rest days. I do it for cardiovascular reasons and to shed more calories. I then workout around 1 hour-2 hours with about 1-2 minute rests in between sets. I spend a lot of time in there thats for sure.

I really want to come down to 250mg a week on test, but with the strength gains im getting and feeling like I look leaner. I can't do it yet. Also with no negative feedbacks on my cholesterol liver kidneys triglycerides are lower than before getting on and sugar as well. I can't see a reason hahahaa.

MuttonChop is offline Associate Member
    Ruining the lounge atmosphere good sir. I come to the Lounge section of an Anabolic Steroid forum not to talk about Anabolic Steroids ...duh!

Quote Originally Posted by MuttonChop View Post
    Ruining the lounge atmosphere good sir. I come to the Lounge section of an Anabolic Steroid forum not to talk about Anabolic Steroids...duh!
    the only thing in life that matters is lifting, eating, sleeping and talking about training and the supplements needed to lift

Thread Information