Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries

Watching the 2nd debate

I am not huge into politics but while watching this debate how can anyone with half a working brain vote for Romney. He comes off as retarded. The only thing he seems to be good at is avoiding answering any questions.
    Realist: A person who sees things as they truly are. A practical person. The pessimist complains about the wind; The optimist expects it to change; The realist adjusts the sails. — William Arthur Ward

PillarofBalance is offline Junior Member
    Someone get the popcorn!!!!

kmms is offline Productive Member
    i'm amazed that someone with even a third of a working brain could consider voting for obama. i saw a comment about this that i thought was perfect, "voting for obama again is like the titanic going back to hit the iceberg a second time"

i'm not voting for romney either. it's just mind boggling to me that anyone would consider voting for obama. these are the same people that hold their stock market losses forever "well it's worthless now but it can only go up from here"

Blog Entries
    ^^^say you were forced to vote. Who would it be? Just say a name and nothing else.
    Realist: A person who sees things as they truly are. A practical person. The pessimist complains about the wind; The optimist expects it to change; The realist adjusts the sails. — William Arthur Ward

i'm a third party voter because i'd like to see a third party reach 5% and receive federal funds, debate time etc. so i will vote for gary johnson.

Blog Entries
    I respect that. I Don't want to turn this into a Obama VS Romney thread. I'd like to share OPINIONS without flaming.

well you started out by saying that anyone that votes for romney has at most half a brain. i don't think you're going to encourage much thoughtful discussion with that for a starter. it's amazing to me that anyone can vote for either of them really, it just goes to show that people are inherently team players, we can't have a good guy without a bad guy, and that mainstream media has more to do with the outcome of the election than any particular candidates platform. i'm not trying to be rude, but history has shown that a discussion about politics or religion that doesn't get hateful is the exception and not the rule.

Blog Entries
    Haha I can agree with that. I am for Obama but I admit he isn't perfect which is why I am watching this debate but all I hear Romney saying is "I know what it takes to have a good economy" "I know what it takes to get of of debt" "I know what it takes...." But he isn't explaining one policy that will do any good! I just don't understand what he is trying to do.

canesfan804 is offline Member
    Seems to me that neither can stay on topic. Tho Romney seems to be worse at it than Obama. So far looks like Obama is wining the debate. I like Romney was asked about the economy and says he will get it straight in 8-10 years. But Obama is supposed to have it straight already... This will never get fixed until BOTH parties can learn to work together once in office. They are supposed to work for us not some f...ing party.

ya it's a poor grade for republicans imo that he is their candidate. they could have easily had me for a voter because i am basically anti everything that obama has done or tried to do since he's been there. the fact that i would and will refuse to vote for romney says a lot i think. i know there are others like me and i hope they too will vote rather than just being disillusioned by the process, i just hope that they vote third party and in this case libertarian because they are the only visible and viable third party at this point.

between the tsa, ndaa, patriot act, obamacare and blatant class warfare i would feel sick to my stomach if i voted for obama.

Blog Entries
    I agree canes and I think most also agree that we need to cut this party bullshit and just come together and fix all these problems. Stop pointing fingers and come up with solutions.

ddp2727 is offline Associate Member
    It's the 3rd presidential debate

Aparently we just need to elect Romney for 1 day cause I have heard him say about a 1/2 dozen things he will do on HIS FIRST DAY.
    Last edited by canesfan804; 10-22-2012 at 08:58 PM.

well obama said the first thing he would do is bring all of the troops home, close guantanamo etc.

how's that working out for you?

Shol'va is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ddp2727 View Post
    It's the 3rd presidential debate
    Oops sounds like someone got Romnesia....lol
    I'm still undecided but probably will vote for Obummer. He has done a few good things for us..IMO But then if we voted Romney in, his religion, Mormon, believes in marrying many women at one time, at least some branches of it still do, so for the straight guys they will like the new marriages. Why marry one woman when you can marry 10? If wife number 2 doesn'y put out for the night there's always 3 through 10..lol You got to love some of those religions.

Blog Entries
    I don't think it's fair to beat up ANY president after George bush. I said it before and ill say it again, you could have put Jesus himself in office after bush and not matter how good your intentions your first term was going to be spent cleaning up bushes mess. There is no way after everything that he F up that you could really do much. Just my opinion.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kmms View Post
    well obama said the first thing he would do is bring all of the troops home, close guantanamo etc.

how's that working out for you?
    Didnt he say he would heal the planet also? His idea of healing is a little different than mine.
    I cant stand listening to them. Neither are perfect but I get angry listening to Obama because I have heard all the right words come out of his mouth for 3 years not but he does the exact opposite in reality.

The thing is if you want to say your gonna fix this and fix that its fine. Just give us an idea of HOW. Romney has not said anything except I can and I will. Its a joke he cant fix this it will take BOTH parties working together. You cant have a company where half the people have one plan and the other half another and expect to be productive. All I will say is VOTE FOR MITT AND YOU DESERVE WHAT YOU GET!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    I don't think it's fair to beat up ANY president after George bush. I said it before and ill say it again, you could have put Jesus himself in office after bush and not matter how good your intentions your first term was going to be spent cleaning up bushes mess. There is no way after everything that he F up that you could really do much. Just my opinion.
    EXACTLY. How the hell did he get re-elected? Oh yea we were at war in Iraq. Looking for WMDs.... LMAO what a joke

they are all professional liars. the fact that we still vote for them when we know they are lying to our faces says more about us than them really.

pretty sad when we are led to believe that the only important issues facing the country right now are gay issues, gay marriage, don't ask don't tell etc. while the actual important stuff like campaign finance reform and term limits fly under the radar. ron paul was absolutely correct in that gay marriage is a state issue. if you want it move to a state that allows for it, if you don't like it you can either vote against it next time around or move to a state that disallows it. practically everyone has been duped into believing that issues of states rights should be handled by the federal government.

Quote Originally Posted by canesfan804 View Post
    EXACTLY. How the hell did he get re-elected? Oh yea we were at war in Iraq. Looking for WMDs.... LMAO what a joke
    we have more wars and police actions and drone strikes in a variety of countries now than we did under bush. just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    Didnt he say he would heal the planet also? His idea of healing is a little different than mine.
    I cant stand listening to them. Neither are perfect but I get angry listening to Obama because I have heard all the right words come out of his mouth for 3 years not but he does the exact opposite in reality.
    yes, he was to be the Great Uniter. or at least that's what people were led to believe as his intention all along has been to be the great divider. divide and conquer 101.

The horses and bayonets thing was funny as hell. Obama gets my vote just for that one. That and I want to keep my 2 favorite Obama inventions..... welfare and unemployment. Or thats what the republicans would like to make people think.

I think whoever gets elected that they will do their best to make it work. We need to stop watching those ads that tell us that Barack Obama is the direct descendent of Satan himself, hell bent on Americas destruction with his Muslim leanings. and that he isn't even an American Citizen so how can he be a president? Or That Mitt Romney is a whack job who sees a psychiatrist every day for his multi-personality disorder. And that he is just the right wings puppet on a string moron who has cranial rectal inversion. ( Head Up His Azz). It's incredible how gullible people can be when they see and hear these ads daily and think they are actually true, that none are lies or distortions of the truth. It's a shame that untruthful ads can be shown in the US or anywhere for that matter without fact checking....

Blog Entries
    they are all professional liars. the fact that we still vote for them when we know they are lying to our faces says more about us than them really.

pretty sad when we are led to believe that the only important issues facing the country right now are gay issues, gay marriage, don't ask don't tell etc. while the actual important stuff like campaign finance reform and term limits fly under the radar. ron paul was absolutely correct in that gay marriage is a state issue. if you want it move to a state that allows for it, if you don't like it you can either vote against it next time around or move to a state that disallows it. practically everyone has been duped into believing that issues of states rights should be handled by the federal government.
    That's where you are wrong. It might not be important to you but it is to others. One example: I have my partner covered under my insurance plan. I pay nothing for my benefits and everyone else at my company is allowed to cover their spouse at no extra cost EXCEPT gay couples. I have to pay for his benefits just because he is same sex. Doesn't matter if I am married to him or not I have to still pay. Is that fair?

There are many more inequalities that might seem petty to you but for us who aren't treated fairly I can tell you first hand it's not petty.
    Last edited by DSM4Life; 10-22-2012 at 09:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shol'va View Post
    I think whoever gets elected that they will do their best to make it work. We need to stop watching those ads that tell us that Barack Obama is the direct descendent of Satan himself, hell bent on Americas destruction with his Muslim leanings. and that he isn't even an American Citizen so how can he be a president? Or That Mitt Romney is a whack job who sees a psychiatrist every day for his multi-personality disorder. And that he is just the right wings puppet on a string moron who has cranial rectal inversion. ( Head Up His Azz). It's incredible how gullible people can be when they see and hear these ads daily and think they are actually true, that none are lies or distortions of the truth. It's a shame that untruthful ads can be shown in the US or anywhere for that matter without fact checking....
    incredible and shocking. personally i think many of the problems the country faces could be solved by legislating that all tv's must be turned off for at least 3 months. problem is that it's an intrusion on the rights of the individual to dumb themselves down with 24/7 "reality" tv.

That's where you are wrong. It might not be important to you but it is to others. One example: I have my partner covered under my insurance plan. I pay nothing for my benefits and everyone else at my company is allowed to cover their spouse at no extra cost EXCEPT gay couples. I have to pay for his benefits just because he is same sex. Doesn't matter if I am married to him or not I have to still pay. Is that fair?
    no it's absolutely not fair. but it's still a state issue and not federal. states need to be allowed to thrive or fail based on issues such as this. if your state adopts a plan to cover this, your state will attract more new residents (building the tax base) and other states may copy or adapt their own state legislation to meet the needs of their own residents. trying this on the federal level is a recipe for disaster.

personally speaking, i don't think that we should ever allow for gay civil unions without allowing for polygyny as well. i live with more than 1 girl, why should your needs be met and not mine?

Quote Originally Posted by Shol'va View Post
    Agree. People think its on the internet so it must be true. I am prob guilty of it myself but some of the crap is soooo insane that I think only the insane could believe it. Obama is not a Muslim who spent his whole life working to become President just to tear this country down. These are the same people who tell me maybe all Muslims arent terrorist but all terrorist ARE MUSLIM!!! Morons!

Blog Entries
    personally speaking, i don't think that we should ever allow for gay civil unions without allowing for polygyny as well. i live with more than 1 girl, why should your needs be met and not mine?
    Personally speaking I thought I was conversing with a rational person but when you compare gay people to polygamist you prove me wrong.

polygyny has existed from the beginning of time. i've got children with multiple girls and we all get along together quite well. why can't i get benefits for that?

it's not my place to dictate your living arrangements and lifestyle, nor is it your place to dictate mine. i'm willing to allow for yours and you are not willing to allow for mine. who's the rational one?

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Personally speaking I thought I was conversing with a rational person but when you compare gay people to polygamist you prove me wrong.
    Who ever said men were rational when it comes to the subject of women/sex? I'd bet most guys here given the chance would all choose to have more than one partner (female) if they could.

JD250 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I'm not gonna read all this shat, I watched the dumbate and can say beyond a shadow of a doubt that DSM is totally biased and pissed off because Romney doesn't believe in gay marriage....sorry bro, I agree with you , it sucks when the relligious right has their head up their asses but Obama didn't answer one single question with a solution he only offered criticism of Mitt and most of that was pure bullshit, Mittens did in fact offer solution after solution to every problem and question he was presented with.......I guess I have half a brain but I'm gonna vote for the man with the solutions to some VERY SERIOUS problems in this country and the world.....the lesser of two evils? Maybe, I suppose so and gays are gonna lose out HOW? Is Mittens gonna set you back 50 years? Nothing is gonna change, he has bigger fish to fry than gays who want to get married. Many people in this country have to pay out their asses (no pun intended) for insurance. Obama is a fvcking blathering idiot who failed as a community organizer and even worse as a president.

Quote Originally Posted by JD250 View Post
    I'm not gonna read all this shat, I watched the dumbate and can say beyond a shadow of a doubt that DSM is totally biased and pissed off because Romney doesn't believe in gay marriage....sorry bro, I agree with you , it sucks when the relligious right has their head up their asses but Obama didn't answer one single question with a solution he only offered criticism of Mitt and most of that was pure bullshit, Mittens did in fact offer solution after solution to every problem and question he was presented with.......I guess I have half a brain but I'm gonna vote for the man with the solutions to some VERY SERIOUS problems in this country and the world.....the lesser of two evils? Maybe, I suppose so and gays are gonna lose out HOW? Is Mittens gonna set you back 50 years? Nothing is gonna change, he has bigger fish to fry than gays who want to get married. Many people in this country have to pay out their asses (no pun intended) for insurance. Obama is a fvcking blathering idiot who failed as a community organizer and even worse as a president.
    it is pretty sad when the democrats had the prez and full control of the house and senate and still couldn't get a damned thing done. opportunities like that don't come along very often and we end up with "you must pass this bill to see what's in it" and years worth of constitutional/legal challenges to anything he's "accomplished". i'm glad romney isn't spending much time on gay issues, because they aren't important issues facing the country, they are important issues facing the states. couldn't agree with you any more on your last comment, obama is absolutely an empty suit and unfit for any public office. bill clinton said it best, "you know ted, a few years ago this guy would be getting our coffee"

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by kmms

no it's absolutely not fair. but it's still a state issue and not federal. states need to be allowed to thrive or fail based on issues such as this. if your state adopts a plan to cover this, your state will attract more new residents (building the tax base) and other states may copy or adapt their own state legislation to meet the needs of their own residents. trying this on the federal level is a recipe for disaster.

I don't think discrimination should be allowed by the state level. It is a federal issue
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by JD250
    Amazing how people can watch tbe same thing and see 2 different things
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

well there are only 2 schools of thought represented there. hopefully that will change in my lifetime and we'll get to see a third party in the debates so then we can all watch and complain but at least we'll be seeing 3 different things.

Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    I don't think discrimination should be allowed by the state level. It is a federal issue
    civil union is a state issue. i think religion should be removed from the marriage contract entirely and everyone can then have access to civil unions. if your state allows for same sex civil unions and you still aren't allowed for whatever reason , then you have discrimination. facts are that there are quite a few people, a majority even, who do not approve of same sex marriage. you cannot legislate them to change their mind, you can only educate them.

Noles12 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I like mitt because he gave me the idea to make a binder full of women. It will consist of women I have slept with with headshots as well as full frontal shots. This way when I want some I can flip through my binder full of women and decide on what i want for the night

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Noles12 View Post
    I like mitt because he gave me the idea to make a binder full of women. It will consist of women I have slept with with headshots as well as full frontal shots. This way when I want some I can flip through my binder full of women and decide on what i want for the night

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information