capetown is offline Senior Member

New ride for wife

So I got the wife a new Explorer yesterday for her bday. Got to say that its a nice ride. Got the Limited trim so it has everything you need. Up until now she drove a 2010 Edge which i would also recommend to anyone looking for a crossover. We just ran out of room after the second off spring showed up.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    thats why their are orphanages.

good luck with it. I have a feeling i have to get her something next year. She has been hinting for a while.
    Trying to talk her into a lexus IS
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    Man some of the crossovers are nice. Just wish the gas mileage was better. Love the Murano! Hate that the Explorer is no longer real 4X4

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I got the wife a 2008 Mercury Premier (Ford Escapte LTX) with ALL the optioins a couple of years ago. So far so good and even with the 3.0 it gets over 20 mpg running around.
    Last edited by lovbyts; 10-27-2012 at 07:32 PM.

SEOINAGE is offline Anabolic Member
    got my wife a 2010 honda pilot. Been a great car the past year. And we needed all the space, yet the mileage is low to mid 20s which isn't too bad for an 8 seater. I hope it lasts longer than it takes to pay off, at least the bumper to bumper warranty lasts that long.

capetown is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SEOINAGE
    got my wife a 2010 honda pilot. Been a great car the past year. And we needed all the space, yet the mileage is low to mid 20s which isn't too bad for an 8 seater. I hope it lasts longer than it takes to pay off, at least the bumper to bumper warranty lasts that long.
    I hear ya. My bros sister is the GM of the dealership so i got all warranty at dealer cost. 4500 worth of warrant for 1700. I know warranty is were dealerships make there money but i couldnt go wrong with cost. Plus i got the maintenance package which means that i dont have to drop money on oil, brakes, wipers, or a single other thing until 150000 km.
    Lunk, i agree that they left real 4by4 status. Ever since they went unibody in 2002 they are more of a family ride. But they beat everyone in comfort in my opinion.

Tron3219 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by capetown

I hear ya. My bros sister is the GM of the dealership so i got all warranty at dealer cost. 4500 worth of warrant for 1700. I know warranty is were dealerships make there money but i couldnt go wrong with cost. Plus i got the maintenance package which means that i dont have to drop money on oil, brakes, wipers, or a single other thing until 150000 km.
    Lunk, i agree that they left real 4by4 status. Ever since they went unibody in 2002 they are more of a family ride. But they beat everyone in comfort in my opinion.
    Idk I just bought my wife a 2013 Yukon Denali...that thing is f'ing sweet. The seats form to you and there is so much room. All sorts of bells and whistle. And it came with life long bj's ha

Thread Information