Like Tree79787Likes

Thread: **Marcus's HIT Dungeon**

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    Ha, I've heard similar comments before! Only explanation I've got is it's genetics and a lifetime of eating relatively clean. Not to mention this BB'ing thing we all live for. Not much of a carb guy either. And you know I've never counted a gram of anything in my life (even when I was competitive) so it's probably all just dumb F'n luck to be honest.
    Same here I stopped counting years ago, once you know how things work its easy to adapt to any environment what comes our way. I would say your gifted mate very gifted indeed being like that yr round.
    NACH3 and Cuz like this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    Same here I stopped counting years ago, once you know how things work its easy to adapt to any environment what comes our way. I would say your gifted mate very gifted indeed being like that yr round.
    X2 on that!^^
    Cuz likes this.

Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post

I'm impressed!
    Very impressed, easily could pass for 200+
    numbere likes this.

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Quote Originally Posted by kelkel
    I can't pull my shorts up that high. I'd get banned.
    And there it is.....
    marcus300 likes this.

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    At numbre. You Look much bigger then 180. U look good.
    marcus300 likes this.

numbere is offline RETIRED- Knowledgeable member
    Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    Looking great Numbere... When we workin back again

Good to see you in here brother!
    Thanks mate!

The girl I've been seeing asked me to taker her to San Francisco.

Hopefully we can hook up over my winter break and get in more than a back session.

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post
    At numbre. You Look much bigger then 180. U look good.
    Thanks!

I haven't been on a scale in a very long time so it's possible my estimate is a bit low.
    NACH3 likes this.

Proximal is offline Banned
    Really like this form, gonna give it a go.
    marcus300 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by numbere View Post
    I've got a long way to catch up to most who post in this thread.

I'm 31, 5'7", 175-180ish.

I plan on positing some progress pics in a few weeks.

Here's a pic from before my leg workout yesterday.

Attachment 165456
    Damn, you guys just keep feeding my muscle dysmorphia issues - great pic Numbere!

I probably should have started this testosterone thing a few decades ago - LOL.
    almostgone and numbere like this.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Off to the shop before work.
    Proximal likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Off to the shop before work.
    So AG you're a machinist or tool and die?

What kind of widgets to you spin?

So AG you're a machinist or tool and die?

What kind of widgets to you spin?
    All of the above. Manual machining, NC/CNC programming (mainly 3 and 4 axis mill work and most of my programming these days is by hand, but have worked with Compact II from the DOS prompt back in the day and Mastercam later in life), building and maintaining progressive stamping dies, forging dies, secondary operation dies, injection molds, fixtures and jigs. Worked in job shops, drop forging factories, stamping and automation companies, some gunsmith work (more of a hobby/favor for a dealer friend).
    Been with my current employer for almost 15 years machining whatever it takes to keep the place running, making fixtures, die repair, etc. Here recently, the Engineering department has been trying to kidnap me to work exclusively for them but there's an internal e-penis battle going on about that.
    Last edited by almostgone; 09-16-2016 at 01:22 AM.
    NACH3 and marcus300 like this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Any of y'all do Amazon Prime?. They got some kind of deal where you buy this and get a 9.99 credit towards future supplement purchases as best as I can tell?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...1c7429c8cb6dcb

Quote Originally Posted by Proximal View Post
    Really like this form, gonna give it a go.
    I really respond well to them and I can shift some weight when I put my mind into it. I also like one arm db rows straight afterwards.
    Proximal and NACH3 like this.

Morning

Just thinking what should I train. No schedule because just coasting along at the moment until I get things fixed with my health but I think I will attack legs.

Not sure what yet but will do some good warming up and stretching in my hole for squatting then I think its going to be a HIT legs if I feel good.
    almostgone and NACH3 like this.

Thank you!

Pseudo HIT lol.

It took me a long time (20+ months) to really get the technique down.

Guess you could say I was a HIT wannabe until a few months ago.
    Tell us more, why did you start HIT and have you got everything good in your routine or do you need any help in any areas? from the looks of things you don't but we are all here to help fine tune your HIT to fit you perfectly
    almostgone likes this.

Morning, Marcus.

Cardio/squat form/calves tonight before coming to work. Hope this counts as cardio; I stayed busy, made sweat, and heart was beating along nicely. I did manage to get comfortable w/ the high bar position tonight. Had my hands about centered on the ring in between the outer sets of knurling on the bar and the bar felt at home on my traps when I pulled it in towards me. Also made sure I was centered and feeling good with getting the bar up off of the hooks at the front of my Smythe machine and then backing up to settle it back into the hooks.

Crunches- 1x100
    Bodyweight squats- 2 sets
    Dry bar squats- 2 sets
    Squats w/ a plate/side- 2 sets
    Straight to seated calf raises w/ a double bounce- 12-10-7
    Waddled over to my leg press which I had already loaded for standing calf raises- 12-10-8
    Deads- 3 straight sets of 10.

41 minutes for everything including stripping plates. Guess I will just keep adding sets of 20 on the squats for a while and then drop a set or two and add some weight? Anyway, it's progress. No quad pain, very minimal knee issues, and back feels fine. I'm happy for the moment. Been a long time since everything seemed to time out properly and felt comfortable.
    I'm using my bench as a guide. The height of the padding is just below the bend of my knee in the back of my leg, so I just ease down, "teabag" the padding very lightly, and reverse motion.
    Last edited by almostgone; 09-16-2016 at 01:20 AM.
    marcus300, NACH3 and Proximal like this.

Water
    Oats
    whey
    banana
    kale
    coffee
    down the hatch and getting ready to go
    almostgone and NACH3 like this.

Cardio/squat form/calves tonight before coming to work. Hope this counts as cardio; I stayed busy, made sweat, and heart was beating along nicely. I did manage to get comfortable w/ the high bar position tonight. Had my hands about centered on the ring in between the outer sets of knurling on the bar and the bar felt at home on my traps when I pulled it in towards me. Also made sure I was centered and feeling good with getting the bar up off of the hooks at the front of my Smythe machine and then backing up to settle it back into the hooks.

Crunches- 1x100
    Bodyweight squats- 2 sets
    Dry bar squats- 2 sets
    Squats w/ a plate/side- 2 sets
    Straight to seated calf raises w/ a double bounce- 12-10-7
    Waddled over to my leg press which I had already loaded for standing calf raises- 12-10-8
    Deads- 3 straight sets of 10.

41 minutes for everything including stripping plates. Guess I will just keep adding sets of 20 on the squats for a while and then drop a set or two and add some weight? Anyway, it's progress. No quad pain, very minimal knee issues, and back feels fine. I'm happy for the moment. Been a long time since everything seemed to time out properly and felt comfortable.
    I'm using my bench as a guide. The height of the padding is just below the bend of my knee in the back of my leg, so I just ease down, "teabag" the padding very lightly, and reverse motion.
    You prefer high bar or low bar AG? what's more comfortable
    almostgone likes this.

You prefer high bar or low bar AG? what's more comfortable
    I used to go low bar when I was younger, but these days I've been fiddling with middle and high bar. Low bar feels more stable, but one shoulder just doesn't like that position right now. I'm still tinkering and as the weight goes up, I have a feeling I will end up back at mid bar or low bar.
    Where do you find your groove at?
    marcus300 likes this.

I used to go low bar when I was younger, but these days I've been fiddling with middle and high bar. Low bar feels more stable, but one shoulder just doesn't like that position right now. I'm still tinkering and as the weight goes up, I have a feeling I will end up back at mid bar or low bar.
    Where do you find your groove at?
    I'm normally low bar squatter but since my RC problem I can only get it high bar but also my hand positioning is to wide to lock in my back so this is what ive been doing over the last few weeks. Hopefully I will be able to bring my hands closer together and get the bar lower but ive been doing well with high bar so I will go with how things feel.

I will report back soon on how it goes
    almostgone likes this.

Sounds good, boss! I will say the broomstick stretches have helped the ROM of the shoulder that gives me grief. It sounds like we are positioning the bar about the same although I KNOW you are pushing more weight. I'll get it back with time, though.
    marcus300 likes this.

InternalFire is offline Anabolic Member
    Good morning every1

dayum people, I fell back a bit! need to read up and catch up a good pinch of pages here!

Im at the new schedule for training, gotta concentrate on 1-2 muscle groups at most per session, so biceps today

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneMuscle View Post
    Good morning every1

dayum people, I fell back a bit! need to read up and catch up a good pinch of pages here!

Im at the new schedule for training, gotta concentrate on 1-2 muscle groups at most per session, so biceps today
    Have a good one, IM! Let us know how your new schedule suits you.
    InternalFire and marcus300 like this.

InternalFire is offline Anabolic Member
    Have a good one, IM! Let us know how your new schedule suits you.
    I have reviewed my timings, how frequent I trained, how long I tend to take to recover, how I feel/felt and how I see ZERO, I mean ZERO increase in strength and just drop in endurance since I began TRT. Its not rocket science to say that what I do is not working, so Im at the drawing board and gonna go without pressure concentrating on one to two muscle groups at most per session.

Going to train ED when training more remote muscle groups (of course if so it happens that I will be able to pull every day training or not), otherwise being real optimistic I see no reason why I would not be able to do EOD training sessions, but ED is more likely.
    Want to isolate one muscle per session the most, really work it hard and have it killed so I can feel it in its entirety that I worked it well.

As weeks will go in and progress becomes more prominent I feel by that time I will do two body parts per session just not ED, but EOD.

I will follow like this from today:
    Biceps -> Calves -> Triceps -> Quads -> Delts -> Hams -> Traps -> Forearms -> Chest -> Back -> Abs/Torso

marcus300 and almostgone like this.

Good morning everyone!
    marcus300, Cuz, NACH3 and 2 others like this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Mornin fellas! Off day here(had to crawl to the bathroom in middle of night) my L lower back(like the muscle over top of my L SI joint) is spasming very badly... Been ice heat etc... I could really use a few Relaxers!
    It hurts to just walk(takes the breath right outta me).

Have a bada$$ day all!
    Cuz and almostgone like this.

Legs

Leg extensions
    3 warm up sets - first couple were higher end reps to get some blood in and also did some stretches
    1 working set - failure plus 2 drops to failure

Squats
    2 feel sets - slow and deep
    2 working sets to failure

Reverse V squat
    2 sets - failure

lying leg curls
    1 feel set
    1 working set with 3 drops

standing calves raises
    3 feel sets
    1 working set with 2 drops plus standing to failure

seated calves
    2 working set to failure

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    Mornin. Had a weak ass back and bicep day yester evenin. Mind was in there but the body wasnt. Feel i might be catching a cold maybe not.
    NACH3, almostgone and Proximal like this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Thanks mate!

The girl I've been seeing asked me to taker her to San Francisco.

Hopefully we can hook up over my winter break and get in more than a back session.

That'd be great mate! Sounds killer Man

Thanks!

I haven't been on a scale in a very long time so it's possible my estimate is a bit low.

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    Mornin fellas! Off day here(had to crawl to the bathroom in middle of night) my L lower back(like the muscle over top of my L SI joint) is spasming very badly... Been ice heat etc... I could really use a few Relaxers!
    It hurts to just walk(takes the breath right outta me).

Have a bada$$ day all!
    You have access to some, don't you?
    NACH3 and marcus300 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuz View Post
    Mornin. Had a weak ass back and bicep day yester evenin. Mind was in there but the body wasnt. Feel i might be catching a cold maybe not.
    There have already been cases of the flu reported here. Seems like it gets earlier every year. Don't overdo and get run down, Cuz.
    Cuz likes this.

What a fantabulously fvcked up night/morning @ work. Glad to be out of there. Worked through my "lunch" break and one other break. Did manage to eat a few handfuls of almonds, 50 g of plain shredded wheat, and downed 2 shakes. I don't really like to substitute shakes for sitting down to some real food, but it was better than nothing.
    A shave and a hot shower coming up and then I'm going to consume some form of food that had to be slaughtered.
    InternalFire and marcus300 like this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    You have access to some, don't you?
    Yessir! Just wanted to be sure work didn't need me in b4 I took one lol It's surely helping me relax & helping with the spasms!
    almostgone likes this.

kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    seated calves
    2 working set to failure

I can never do them first. They make me cramp to the point that it's useless. Always have to do something else first.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Heading to the dungeon for back and shoulders. Pounding coffee. It's Friday, beautiful weather here. Everyone have a great weekend!
    almostgone, Proximal and NACH3 like this.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

All of the above. Manual machining, NC/CNC programming (mainly 3 and 4 axis mill work and most of my programming these days is by hand, but have worked with Compact II from the DOS prompt back in the day and Mastercam later in life), building and maintaining progressive stamping dies, forging dies, secondary operation dies, injection molds, fixtures and jigs. Worked in job shops, drop forging factories, stamping and automation companies, some gunsmith work (more of a hobby/favor for a dealer friend).
    Been with my current employer for almost 15 years machining whatever it takes to keep the place running, making fixtures, die repair, etc. Here recently, the Engineering department has been trying to kidnap me to work exclusively for them but there's an internal e-penis battle going on about that.
    Holy crap you have a lot of experience working metal.

If you've worked with Compact II with Dos then you must be a lot older than what I was assuming. (That was supposed to be a compliment. Experience is a huge plus. )

I find it kind of funny that machinists and tool and die makers are literally the backbone of our country and most have never heard of the film let alone what they inable everyone else to do in life.
    almostgone likes this.

Holy crap you have a lot of experience working metal.

If you've worked with Compact II with Dos then you must be a lot older than what I was assuming. (That was supposed to be a compliment. Experience is a huge plus. )

I find it kind of funny that machinists and tool and die makers are literally the backbone of our country and most have never heard of the film let alone what they inable everyone else to do in life.
    Thanks, numbere! I have been around for a few years. Coming up on 52 years old in the near future and I defo took it as a compliment. That's one of the the benefits of experience; you can either fix/repair or fabricate a replacement and amaze people OR you can fvck it up so badly they assume you're a genius.
    Last edited by almostgone; 09-17-2016 at 01:55 AM. Reason: Once again, a typo. :(
    marcus300 and numbere like this.

Tell us more, why did you start HIT and have you got everything good in your routine or do you need any help in any areas? from the looks of things you don't but we are all here to help fine tune your HIT to fit you perfectly
    Well Marcus when you join a form with the goal of improving your physique and all the guys who run the forum are either freaks or monsters who all agree on the same trainingg method it's difficult not to drink the Kool-Aid they're pushing.

I appreciate the offer to help improve my routine.

To be honest I didn't think you liked me because you never accepted my friend request from last summer, but now i realize that you're just a busy guy who gets bombarded with PMs.

My routine is ever evolving. I'd like everything to be HIT but I find that with smaller muscles (e.g. posterior delts, bis) I need several sets to hit failure (6-7) because they're not strong enough for a real 2-3 set HIT session.

I'm considering competing next summer if I can make some good progress over the winter on some points. i.e. obliques, upper pec and bis

All and all I can't complain because from week to week I'm making constant progress.
    marcus300, almostgone and NACH3 like this.

Thread Information