Like Tree79787Likes

Thread: **Marcus's HIT Dungeon**

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Sfla, BB, Numbere. Nice sessions fellas.

Afternoon. Fellas,GGR. Havinga nice relaxed day with the mrs the day, going to get some new tops for the gym old ones are too tight now . Will go for some lunch as well, then see what my wee girls want to do.
    It is pissing down here so am praying they don't want to go fishing haha.

Have a great/safe wk end everyone. Remember we only get one shot at this make it count.

Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Morning guys happy weekend!

Just downed some eggs rice and spam. (Asian house hold now)

Getting ready to smash my arms.
    Mr.BB, almostgone, NACH3 and 2 others like this.

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    Morning guys. Woke up hungry

Gonna spend some fam time today. Hope everyone has a good weekened. Congrats to the staff btw well deserved.
    Mr.BB, NACH3, almostgone and 2 others like this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    What's up fellas

Time to start eating and I'm gonna try to get in there today / I'll report back

Edit... It's s beautiful day out I'm gonna go for a 5k run(around the lake near my house) and see if I don't die haha
    Last edited by NACH3; 10-15-2016 at 11:00 AM.
    Cuz, almostgone, Mr.BB and 1 others like this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    With all the color changes and new Staff and bumps within the staff - we have so many great guys(& GGR) just in this amazing thread(this is truly where all the 'big dogs' come to play

Carry on just wanted to recognize who and what we have here!

Bodacious is offline Productive Member
    Great job guys on the NEW colors guys!! keep it up...

Went in and had a killer shoulder workout!! Damn good one...

I was starving at the end of it. Came home ate now getting ready to enjoy my weekend with the wife. Taking tomorrow off for sure... I have had a great week of training. Hopefully next week with a good rest day and the NPP starts to work.... Shit might kill me...

Anyways I hope everyone has a good day!
    NACH3, clarky., almostgone and 1 others like this.

Hey, just remembered a never got my blood work yet. I'll phone on Tuesday as she is off Monday.
    almostgone and Bodacious like this.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Ok, off to the shop. Still running just a bit of a fever and my eye is starting to swell shut again. Never had an infected tear duct before that I can recall. I had a Rocephin injection on Monday and have been on 875mg of amoxicillin b.I.d. Maybe I need a different antibiotic or something? Have to work tomorrow, so it may get interesting?
    Headed to work my back and will post up in a bit.
    NACH3, clarky. and Bodacious like this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by clarky. View Post
    Hey, just remembered a never got my blood work yet. I'll phone on Tuesday as she is off Monday.
    Just got.your email, Clarky! I'm off to the shop but will catch up in a bit.
    clarky. likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Ok, off to the shop. Still running just a bit of a fever and my eye is starting to swell shut again. Never had an infected tear duct before that I can recall. I had a Rocephin injection on Monday and have been on 875mg of amoxicillin b.I.d. Maybe I need a different antibiotic or something? Have to work tomorrow, so it may get interesting?
    Rocephin is really strong, but only one? amoxicilin does nothing me :/

Hope you get better.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post
    Rocephin is really strong, but only one? amoxicilin does nothing me :/

Hope you get better.
    Thanks, Mr.BB. This is really weird. Can't get it to quit tearing up right now. Was headed to the shop but stopped to warm compress the eye.
    I think the injection of Rocephin was a kick start for the amoxicillin, but not sure if the amox was the correct antibiotic for this?. Decided to gauze pad it while I lift to catch some of the discharge.
    Don't really want to go.to urgent care if I can get by till Monday and see my Dr.

Ok, let's get this going.
    Mr.BB likes this.

Bio-Active is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Morning Hitters!

Laying skull crusher with BB 2 feel sets 2 working sets to fail and then 8 more forced reps with my spotter

DB preacher curls same as above

Tri push downs

Hammer curls

Cable Tri extensions

Cable curls

Wrist curls

45 minutes low intensity cardio and done
    almostgone, NACH3, clarky. and 4 others like this.

DAMN all these vets and monitors in here now....keeps me in line and out of trouble ahhahahahha

Arms this morning.

Close grip smith 3w 2f - felt strong 1w 240 x 5.5 RP x 1 drop

DB over head 1f 2w DD (95)

Hammer strength dips 2w

Incline db skulls 2w

Incline Db Curls 2w slow negatives with half reps (again lack of Dbs to drops)

Hammer preacher 2w SS into Db hammer curls 2w

Bent over iso db curls 2w

Felt great, wanted to snap a pic when I got home....but wife has had me busy all day. ITs nap time now....and Date night tonight.

Have a great one
    NACH3, clarky., Bodacious and 3 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sfla80
    DAMN all these vets and monitors in here now....keeps me in line and out of trouble ahhahahahha Arms this morning. Close grip smith 3w 2f - felt strong 1w 240 x 5.5 RP x 1 drop DB over head 1f 2w DD (95) Hammer strength dips 2w Incline db skulls 2w Incline Db Curls 2w slow negatives with half reps (again lack of Dbs to drops) Hammer preacher 2w SS into Db hammer curls 2w Bent over iso db curls 2w Felt great, wanted to snap a pic when I got home....but wife has had me busy all day. ITs nap time now....and Date night tonight. Have a great one
    I haven't done those incline do curls in a while. I used to do them lots. I better do those again next week

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bio-Active View Post
    I haven't done those incline do curls in a while. I used to do them lots. I better do those again next week
    I've really been a fan ever since last blast I was implementing the incline DB curls after my first ex(usually heavy BB/or DB curls) - arms were reslonding very well

What do you guys think of doing hammer curls first(or 2nd) rather than last? I usually end with them but have been thinking they're a mass building ex but also a great shaper... Just looking for opinions

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3
    I've really been a fan ever since last blast I was implementing the incline DB curls after my first ex(usually heavy BB/or DB curls) - arms were reslonding very well What do you guys think of doing hammer curls first(or 2nd) rather than last? I usually end with them but have been thinking they're a mass building ex but also a great shaper... Just looking for opinions
    I think you could do them early and then end with a concentration curl
    NACH3 likes this.

I love them...took me awhile to get them going though. Good for size correct???

Bio you and numbere alternate tri-bis. How do you guys like that. I always knock out one or the other first and move on to next.

I love them...took me awhile to get them going though. Good for size correct??? Bio you and numbere alternate tri-bis. How do you guys like that. I always knock out one or the other first and move on to next.
    great for size I like to twist at the top of the contraction with my thumbs out. Gives me a killer pump. Yes I like doing bis and tris at the same time. No need to really rest between sets that way and just gets my arms fired up
    NACH3 and almostgone like this.

great for size I like to twist at the top of the contraction with my thumbs out. Gives me a killer pump. Yes I like doing bis and tris at the same time. No need to really rest between sets that way and just gets my arms fired up
    Gonna try this next week hopefully

Gonna try this next week hopefully
    let's us know how it goes. I think you will like it though

Ahhh, That's shit mate.
    almostgone likes this.

Bio, Sfla nice sessions. Hey Bio nice to see you in here, I love incline db curls it was the big man that got me on them. They are wild, burn like fvck.
    NACH3 and almostgone like this.

Quote Originally Posted by clarky.
    Bio, Sfla nice sessions. Hey Bio nice to see you in here, I love incline db curls it was the big man that got me on them. They are wild, burn like fvck.
    ya I don't know why I have recently got away from them. I am incorporating them back in to my arm training next session for sure

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    I think you could do them early and then end with a concentration curl
    Good placement there - I'll let ya know how it turns out - that's kind of what I was thinking in terms of placement/sequence as well

Agree on the twist - watch DY do them and that's what I'm picturing - Great ex and with a great pump too

Thanks, Mr.BB. This is really weird. Can't get it to quit tearing up right now. Was headed to the shop but stopped to warm compress the eye.
    I think the injection of Rocephin was a kick start for the amoxicillin, but not sure if the amox was the correct antibiotic for this?. Decided to gauze pad it while I lift to catch some of the discharge.
    Don't really want to go.to urgent care if I can get by till Monday and see my Dr.

Ok, let's get this going.
    Last time I got rocephin cause of my tonsils (few years back), had a business meeting aftewards but everyone was telling me to go home cause I was pale white... But it was always 2-3 rocephin doses, plus a proper last generation antibiotic. Remember one doc trying to give me amoxicilin, and I said thank you but I''l go somewhere else lol.
    Docs will always try to give you crap old antibiotics, but its funny how if their kids get sick they pull latest generation stuff, go figure...
    almostgone likes this.

Skipped legs today, cold/flu symptoms

Slept whole afternoon , if i'm better tomorrow will do some cardio.
    almostgone and Proximal like this.

Ok, a tad slow but depth perception was off a tad with a patch over one eye and this was a full HIT lift as well.

1 set of crunches and some back and lat stretching.

WG pulldown w/ u'hand grip- 2 w/u, Work- 7+ - 3+ - 2+. Slow 5 count negative on the partials.
    Parallel grip pulldown- 1 w/u, Work- 5+ - 3+ - 2+. Slow 5 count negative on the partials.
    Straightjacket stretches
    Tbar rows- 1 w/u, Work-6,drop,4,drop,6+. Should've exchanged a quarter for a plate on the last drop instead of dropping a whole plate, but anyway.
    Low pulleys rows- Work- 9+ - 4+ - 2+ with a slow 5 count negative on all partials.
    Deads- 1 w/u, Work1- 10 good reps. Work2- 7 solid reps. Should've worn straps on the second set. Could've grabbed a few more reps.

58 minutes not including crunches and stretches. A tad long, but it was a good back lift despite the eyeball issue.
    Last edited by almostgone; 10-15-2016 at 06:29 PM. Reason: Can't see worth a damn
    Proximal, Mr.BB, Kenny357 and 2 others like this.

Proximal is offline Banned
    Man do I miss DB curls, particularly loved them with an incline. RC won't let me do them anymore.

Fantastic Rear Delt, Back & Biceps workout today.

Was in the mood for a little more volume, but did some SS's and a lot of Rest-Pauses for some added intensity. I'm finding I feel my rear-delts more with more with higher reps & greater volume (face pulls, DB rows with elbows high).

Continue to love the hell out of single arm bicep work (triceps as well) going to positive assist failure and then negatives to ultimate failure.

Hope everyones weekends are going great - enjoy all!

Quote Originally Posted by Proximal View Post
    Man do I miss DB curls, particularly loved them with an incline. RC won't let me do them anymore.

Fantastic Rear Delt, Back & Biceps workout today.

Was in the mood for a little more volume, but did some SS's and a lot of Rest-Pauses for some added intensity. I'm finding I feel my rear-delts more with more with higher reps & greater volume (face pulls, DB rows with elbows high).

Continue to love the hell out of single arm bicep work (triceps as well) going to positive assist failure and then negatives to ultimate failure.

Hope everyones weekends are going great - enjoy all!
    Agree single arm is great and easy ti ISO. I do like going heavy on the hammer strength preacher curl and utilizing my spotter for the forced reps
    almostgone likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post
    Last time I got rocephin cause of my tonsils (few years back), had a business meeting aftewards but everyone was telling me to go home cause I was pale white... But it was always 2-3 rocephin doses, plus a proper last generation antibiotic. Remember one doc trying to give me amoxicilin, and I said thank you but I''l go somewhere else lol.
    Docs will always try to give you crap old antibiotics, but its funny how if their kids get sick they pull latest generation stuff, go figure...
    I acquired a bad eye infection years ago while spending some time in a sandy environment. If I recall correctly, I got a Rocephin injection, amoxicillin, and clobetasol prop ointment because blepharitis also set in and it worked well, but I'm wondering if this is going to require something in the fluoroquinolone family? If it isn't better by Monday, I'll check in with her. She may want to refer me to an opthalmologist or something.
    Hope you get to feeling right, ASAP!
    Mr.BB likes this.

I hope you get better soon AG.
    Bodacious and almostgone like this.

I hope you get better soon AG.
    Thanks, Bio. I will, just need to throw a little extra stubborness at it or something.

Agree single arm is great and easy ti ISO. I do like going heavy on the hammer strength preacher curl and utilizing my spotter for the forced reps
    Actually thinking of hiring a trainer just to help me with spots & forced reps. Big fan of just about every piece of hammer equipment.

Get better soon AG!
    almostgone and Kenny357 like this.

Thanks, Bio. I will, just need to throw a little extra stubborness at it or something.
    well we all have plenty of that! Let me know if you need to barrow some cause i have plenty!
    almostgone likes this.

kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximal View Post
    Actually thinking of hiring a trainer just to help me with spots & forced reps. Big fan of just about every piece of hammer equipment.
    Work a bit more on RP's and Drops first. You can kill it if you do them right.
    almostgone, Proximal and clarky. like this.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

Believe I'll cut up a chicken breast, throw some iceberg lettuce at it, some alfalfa sprouts, some bean sprouts, and water down a Tbs. of some Greek yogurt salad dressing, then eat, and crash. Working day shift tomorrow and have to be there by 6 a.m. and it may be a 12 hour day, we'll see.
    You guys and lady/ladies have a good one.
    Last edited by almostgone; 10-15-2016 at 06:48 PM. Reason: I specialize in typos...
    NACH3 and clarky. like this.

Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    Work a bit more on RP's and Drops first. You can kill it if you do them right.
    Absolutely!! Add in some slow negatives, slow negatives and positives, and occasional negative only reps and it's possible to hit waaay more muscle fibers than you realize. Just rest pauses and drops can be extremely effective.
    Although it would be nice to have the occasional spot, that would mean someone would be around when I am lifting and I'm just not used.to that anymore.
    Last edited by almostgone; 10-15-2016 at 06:52 PM.
    Proximal and clarky. like this.

My son and I do those forced negatives on the preacher curl. Those are great for finishing off the bi's
    almostgone and Cuz like this.

Kel, AG, hear ya. Would like to push it a bit though with a couple of lifts like close grip bench & incline that my RC still allows me to do, but worries me with. Basically, paying for a spotter, feel weird imposing on others in the gym that are locked into their own workouts.
    almostgone, Kenny357 and clarky. like this.

Thread Information