Like Tree79787Likes

Thread: **Marcus's HIT Dungeon**

Bio-Active is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Good morning hitters. It's been 6 days since I finished the antibiotics this round. So far so good hopefully this darn pneumonia stays gone. I been getting lots of rest and sleep. Keeping my fingers crossed
    almostgone, NACH3 and songdog like this.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bio-Active View Post
    Good morning hitters. It's been 6 days since I finished the antibiotics this round. So far so good hopefully this darn pneumonia stays gone. I been getting lots of rest and sleep. Keeping my fingers crossed
    How's your energy level, Bio? Feeling strong w/o much unusual fatigue?
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone
    How's your energy level, Bio? Feeling strong w/o much unusual fatigue?
    I feel pretty good. Energy is coming back and my strength is there. Last weekend I took a nap both days and it helped
    almostgone likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    I feel pretty good. Energy is coming back and my strength is there. Last weekend I took a nap both days and it helped
    Great to hear, Bio! Are you still on any antibiotics? They make me more lethargic than usual anyway... have you been able to workout(I know not like you want to) but it's better than nothing!!

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3
    Great to hear, Bio! Are you still on any antibiotics? They make me more lethargic than usual anyway... have you been able to workout(I know not like you want to) but it's better than nothing!!
    no I finished my last round last Thursday and had my chest X-ray done. Chest was clear but I need to get a couple weeks under my belt to be sure it's gone

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    no I finished my last round last Thursday and had my chest X-ray done. Chest was clear but I need to get a couple weeks under my belt to be sure it's gone
    I know it's hard to stay out of the gym when we need to but it sounds like things are moving in a good direction brother! Sending positive vibes your way my friend

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3
    I know it's hard to stay out of the gym when we need to but it sounds like things are moving in a good direction brother! Sending positive vibes your way my friend
    I know right. I never stopped going. Dr said it was ok to go as long as I adjusted the training which I did. So I was at least able to maintain. Hopefully I can get going hard again here soon. It's been rough fighting this pneumonia since January. Strange thing is I never had had it before either

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    I know right. I never stopped going. Dr said it was ok to go as long as I adjusted the training which I did. So I was at least able to maintain. Hopefully I can get going hard again here soon. It's been rough fighting this pneumonia since January. Strange thing is I never had had it before either
    That's awesome you were able to maintain... I honestly didn't expect anything less haha... at least the doctor and you were/are on the same page that's a great thing!

Funny you mentioned not having pneumonia before this... a buddy of mine never had it but also seemed to get it pretty bad. Well he had the same problem with the first 1st round of meds not working either and needed a 2nd round of meds(antibiotics steroid packs etc) and the second time worked out but he did take it easier even tho he felt better - the only time I've had it was in the coma(so I don't remember) but I know they had me in a special bed that shakes(to loosen whatever fluid was in my lungs)... they said that seemed to work the most or it sped the process up at least!

AKD_FitChick is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    Morning all - good to see everyone back and a new arrival(AKD)...

damn flu blindsided me over the last wk or so... I've got a few w/I'd in but man was it catching up to me even on a pullback so I took a few days andBAM that's when I really started feeling bad... may try and sweat some of this out...
    Awe thanks for the love. I like being here, way more than my own thread.

This is what happened to me last year at the beginning of cycle 2, I got hit with pneumonia and was on meds for 2 weeks, then started lifting again right away and got hit again and had to do another round of meds, then my thyroid went down the drain which detoured me even longer. I wish I would have listened to my Dr. she told me not to step foot in the gym till I was out of pneumonia for at least a week. I am glad you are taking care of yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by AKD_FitChick
    This is what happened to me last year at the beginning of cycle 2, I got hit with pneumonia and was on meds for 2 weeks, then started lifting again right away and got hit again and had to do another round of meds, then my thyroid went down the drain which detoured me even longer. I wish I would have listened to my Dr. she told me not to step foot in the gym till I was out of pneumonia for at least a week. I am glad you are taking care of yourself.
    I think what happens with me is we never really got rid of it so it kept coming back. It took 4 different rounds of antibiotics to finally get it but I'm keeping my fingers crossed this round works

That's awesome you were able to maintain... I honestly didn't expect anything less haha... at least the doctor and you were/are on the same page that's a great thing!

Funny you mentioned not having pneumonia before this... a buddy of mine never had it but also seemed to get it pretty bad. Well he had the same problem with the first 1st round of meds not working either and needed a 2nd round of meds(antibiotics steroid packs etc) and the second time worked out but he did take it easier even tho he felt better - the only time I've had it was in the coma(so I don't remember) but I know they had me in a special bed that shakes(to loosen whatever fluid was in my lungs)... they said that seemed to work the most or it sped the process up at least!
    I had never had it before last year either and the second time I had steroid packs too. It was a doozy. Made it 36 years without it prior and then bam twice in 2 months.

I think what happens with me is we never really got rid of it so it kept coming back. It took 4 different rounds of antibiotics to finally get it but I'm keeping my fingers crossed this round works
    I am keeping my fingers crossed for you too!!!! You will be 100% in no time. Come back stronger.

Morning all! I took a rest day today, much needed. Still woke up early and had to fight myself to stay home, but I crawled back into my big ole' bed and just laid there and enjoyed my new cooling sheets. It was great!

PLUS I feel a little soreness in my legs......that's a great thing. Means I pushed it a little. I CANNOT wait till quad day next week, with the new sissy squats and static lunges added in. It's gets me all tingly thinking about a great lift session. Tomorrow I am going to do shoulders and arms, but next week I am taking Capes suggestion and switching back to my 5th day.

You all are the best for helping me out......HAPPY HUMP DAY!

Today is day 17. I usually run 6 week cycles, but I think I am going to do what Nach suggested and go to 8 weeks. There are so many added benefits to the sides, as a woman.......all I can say is intense sides.

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Quote Originally Posted by AKD_FitChick View Post
    Morning all! I took a rest day today, much needed. Still woke up early and had to fight myself to stay home, but I crawled back into my big ole' bed and just laid there and enjoyed my new cooling sheets. It was great!

PLUS I feel a little soreness in my legs......that's a great thing. Means I pushed it a little. I CANNOT wait till quad day next week, with the new sissy squats and static lunges added in. It's gets me all tingly thinking about a great lift session. Tomorrow I am going to do shoulders and arms, but next week I am taking Capes suggestion and switching back to my 5th day.

Today is day 17. I usually run 6 week cycles, but I think I am going to do what Nach suggested and go to 8 weeks. There are so many added benefits to the sides, as a woman.......all I can say is intense sides.
    Rest is a good thing. Good for you.
    I agree with Nacho on extending to 8 weeks. Two extra weeks of those nice sides.

Quote Originally Posted by AKD_FitChick
    I am keeping my fingers crossed for you too!!!! You will be 100% in no time. Come back stronger.
    thank you! I am sure hoping!!! This has been a rough start to the year

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~

is this a sexual thing oh God let me close my ears

Quote Originally Posted by songdog View Post
    is this a sexual thing oh God let me close my ears
    I will let you guess.......
    RaginCajun, songdog and almostgone like this.

Rows before hoes.

Seated d ring cable rows. 1 warm. 2 working double drop

T bar rows 2 working double drop

Bent over BB rows 2 working one drop

High cable rope rows 2 working one drop

DB shrugs 2 working

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7384.JPG 
Views:	74 
Size:	117.7 KB 
ID:	168806

Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo View Post
    Rows before hoes.

Seated d ring cable rows. 1 warm. 2 working double drop

T bar rows 2 working double drop

Bent over BB rows 2 working one drop

High cable rope rows 2 working one drop

DB shrugs 2 working

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7384.JPG 
Views:	74 
Size:	117.7 KB 
ID:	168806
    Nicely done

Rows before bro's......uh em, hoes I mean.....

Nicely done

Rows before bro's......uh em, hoes I mean.....
    I meant rows before highly intelligent strong willed women.
    almostgone likes this.

Hoes sounds better!!! Be yourself, I can take anything! Be men, that's the humor I love the most anyway.
    songdog likes this.

Hoes sounds better!!! Be yourself, I can take anything! Be men, that's the humor I love the most anyway.
    I know you can D. Hoes are fun for a while. Then you get a penicillin shot and move on with your life. But you'll do rows all your life.

I know you can D. Hoes are fun for a while. Then you get a penicillin shot and move on with your life. But you'll do rows all your life.
    I am sure we have all be hoes at some point but we grow up at some point. Or at least some

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    almostgone and marcus300 like this.

I am sure we have all be hoes at some point but we grow up at some point. Or at least some

Working on it.
    almostgone likes this.

I will let you guess.......
    Here we go another one like GGR always keeping us guessing

Unfortunately, it's been my experience that once you get pneumonia, you are more prone to get it again. I even take the pneumonia vaccine, but it doesn't cover every type. I think even if you get both pneumonia vaccinations, they only cover about 2/3 of the bacteria that causes pneumonia.
    About the only thing I can offer is don't let yourself get too run down with a cold or injury. That is when it seems to hit me.
    Last edited by almostgone; 04-05-2017 at 10:09 PM.
    AKD_FitChick likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Man, did we get bit w/storms yesterday and this morning. Lots of hail and wind, etc. Think you guys hoodooed me by talking about back pains. Woke up to crazy spasms all down my right lat into my kidney belt of fat. Rolled it, popped a half Flexeril and a Voltaren, grabbed a hot shower, and loaded it down w/ Voltaren gel.
    Walked into work and the machine shop was drenched. The power flashed and one of the roll up doors went apesh!t, I'm guessing. Willbe moving stuff around for hours just to get it mopped up. Might be good for my back though.
    marcus300 and Capebuffalo like this.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Morning gents and ladies
    AKD_FitChick, NACH3 and songdog like this.

Morning all. Can't sleep. Have to fire a guy today. Should have done it a while back it would have been easier then.

Morning, everyone!
    NACH3 likes this.

Morning guys. Just laying here in bed waiting to lift, however its not even 3am. A full nights sleep is a dream in this house.

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Morning, everyone!
    Morning Ag. Any damage yesterday. None here but man did it pour. We had hail after midnight.
    almostgone likes this.

Morning Ag. Any damage yesterday. None here but man did it pour. We had hail after midnight.
    Not that I've found yet, but lots of downed trees and power outages. Think the line crews are running on fumes at this point. We got hit with hail around midnight, so I'll take a peek at the roof when I get home this morning. Hopefully this isn't a preview of our thunderstorms this year.
    Glad it didn't tear anything up out your way!
    Capebuffalo likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Morning Marcus, AG, Cape! And the rest of the HIT crew!

Still battling this damn flu... also woke up with a migraine... gonna be a doozy of a day!
    Sfla80 and almostgone like this.

Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Man, did we get bit w/storms yesterday and this morning. Lots of hail and wind, etc. Think you guys hoodooed me by talking about back pains. Woke up to crazy spasms all down my right lat into my kidney belt of fat. Rolled it, popped a half Flexeril and a Voltaren, grabbed a hot shower, and loaded it down w/ Voltaren gel.
    Walked into work and the machine shop was drenched. The power flashed and one of the roll up doors went apesh!t, I'm guessing. Willbe moving stuff around for hours just to get it mopped up. Might be good for my back though.
    Crazy about the storms. Family in GA got nailed too. But did u hear they also had an earthquake in GA last night???? Crazy!!

How's the back now AG??

Capebuffalo and almostgone like this.

Still battling this damn flu... also woke up with a migraine... gonna be a doozy of a day!
    Damn Nacho. That sucks. Keep the liquids going and rest.
    NACH3 likes this.

Good morning ladies and gents lets all have a great day!
    Sfla80 and almostgone like this.

Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member

Feel better Nach, and rest up

NACH3 likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Damn Nacho. That sucks. Keep the liquids going and rest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sfla80 View Post
    Feel better Nach, and rest up

Won't find me in a gym today - it's nasty... must be gettin the rain from you southerners

Fluids shks and rest

Thx fellas
    Sfla80 likes this.

Thread Information