Like Tree79787Likes

Thread: **Marcus's HIT Dungeon**

DocToxin8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AKD_FitChick View Post
    Thank you!! Just need that mound to grow......I want popping biceps!
    Amazing woman!
    You're an inspiration, and we're all happy to have you here and see your amazing progress.
    AKD_FitChick likes this.

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Okay guys, I don't know if it was you all pushing me or what, but I brought it today. Hit some personal bests. I wasn't scared to try for more either. Cape pushed me to even get partials if I could last night, so I went in with that mind set......here goes. My endurance went into over drive, but I just kept going till I couldn't.........

Back
    H&S underhand high row superset with H&S one arm side lat
    warm
    s1 160lbs total weight 5 reps
    s2 170lbs 4 reps
    triple drop till exhaust, partials toward end

superset one arm side lat
    warm
    s1 75lb per arm 7 reps
    s2 80lb per arm 5 reps
    triple drop till exhaust, partials toward end

High row overhand one arm pulls H&S
    warm
    s1 90lbs one arm 6reps each arm
    s2 95lbs 6 reps
    s3 100lbs 3 clean 2 partial (this is my all time high on this machine one handed 100lbs, heck yeah)
    drop 95lbs

cable pulldown underhand close grip superset squated face pulls
    pulldown
    warms
    135lbs 6 reps
    150lbs 2 reps (my high again)
    double drops 145/140lbs

face pulls
    140lbs 8 reps slow and steady
    145lbs 6 reps slow and steady
    double drops slow and steady

Dring high cable lat pulls sitting down (am I saying this right)
    85lbs each side 7 reps
    95lbs 4.5 reps
    100lbs 2 reps (just wanted to see if I could do it)
    triple drops by 5lbs each one till failure.

wide grip cable pull down superset with kneeling bent over at 45 for lats
    wide girps
    120 5 reps
    125 4 reps
    double drop to exhaust

kneeling lats
    170lbs 7 reps slow and steady really felt it in my lats
    180lbs 6 reps
    double drop till exhaust

Seated Vbar rows
    120 7 reps
    125 5 reps
    drop 120 5 so so reps, getting fatigued by this point.

One arm rows Really pushed it here and got my all time best, pretty proud, and i know i could have lifted more clean too
    warm 40lb DB
    45lb DB 5 reps
    50lb DB 3 reps (This was clean too, good form. I felt so strong at that point. I pushed through the pain and just pulled that baby.)
    45lb DB 5 reps

Finished with some assisted pull ups I was toast......

I actually have calluses on my hands through gloves.....

Did a quick ab session

and that is ALL I HAVE TODAY! Eating oats as I type......

Went in with my game face on!
    How did those partials feel after the drops?
    You tore it up D. Don't expect any less from you at this point.

AKD_FitChick is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo View Post
    How did those partials feel after the drops?
    You tore it up D. Don't expect any less from you at this point.
    So what I am really reading here.....is I can't go less anymore?

Today I felt great. The partials felt good. Way different than I have ever done. I maxed out. My back was strong.

Now 4 hours later and after a crap ton of carbs I could actually do more! Is that normal??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Capebuffalo and almostgone like this.

So what I am really reading here.....is I can't go less anymore?

Today I felt great. The partials felt good. Way different than I have ever done. I maxed out. My back was strong.

Now 4 hours later and after a crap ton of carbs I could actually do more! Is that normal??

You have a duty to not do less.
    Robert E Lee said Duty, then is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more; you should never wish to do less.

No. That's not normal. You are not normal. You are a beast. I have no idea how your body would want more after that. You are crazy strong with crazy strong endurance. I stand humbly before you.
    almostgone likes this.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Thank you!! Just need that mound to grow......I want popping biceps!
    Its nice to see a lady busting it large with the hardcore guys down in the dungeon. You actually make me want to train harder

posted this on zeus thread, thought it may help some guys here just before workout

Quote Originally Posted by hollowedzeus View Post
    I really don't have it. Where do you even start to build that unbreakable steel mindset
    I could easily talk and motivate you into a mindset that will make the next few workouts be tremendous but its keeping that mindset and being consistent with it which reaps amazing results. If it was easy we all would be walking around like freaks but its not easy and it takes a life time to learn and understand. My mindset was my strongest part of my body I even sacrificed many important things in my life to try and become the best I could. The cost was dearly but I was so driven nothing would change the way I felt.

Have you ever gone into the gym and just started training doing a certain number of reps certain number of sets, looking at your phone between sets, talking to your friends and picking machines what are easier to train on and not as tasking as other movements? I bet the answer is YES because I have and I am sure everybody as. I see it daily and even seen the same guys over the last 10-15 yrs who I know who have stuck it out in the gym still there yr after yr not changing and training the same but coming up to me saying wooow man how do you do it lol.

Its simple but hard to put in practise but let me go over a few things what might make you think a bit different. Food - you have to consistently feed the body to achieve your goal and once you reach this you have to consistently increase the food intake to maintain the desired goal, this alone is hard work the mindset of this is a whole new level of dedication trust me. Eating to feed the body because every few lbs you put on you have to increase your food intake, and I know you may say you can eat for England but think about eating more and more to support another 40-50lbs. Food becomes a source to maintain and grow and it becomes a vicious circle, you want it you got it eat your way to the top.

I am sure you know I train HIT so my training is intense and takes one hell of a mindset and motivation to get through one of my training sessions. I truly believe I am gifted with my mindset and drive. I will NOT go into a gym and waste sets and reps going through the motions, I try not to but obviously at certain times I do I'm lying if I say I don't but overall I wont waste that session. I dig deep inside myself and talk to my inner self, this starts before the gym and throughout the session. I talk to myself, I talk and dig so deep into the darkest parts of my mind to release the inner demon what is waiting to be released. I do have certain things I do which I will repost in another post for you which will help but for me any session starts within my mind. I can release my adrenalin within seconds because I am so use to doing it, I have my pre sets rituals I go through to ignite the fire within me and I make that set which doesn't last long the best I possibly can. I am there for one reason only - to grow bigger and stronger and become a freak so I make fucking heads turn. That was my mindset and fuck everybody else I will be that monster I will go to failure and beyond and I will train harder than anyone I know to become the best I can. I dig deep into my life events what ignite terror, what make me so angry I cant even talk about it, I will think of things what make me shiver what ive been through, seen and what make me want to go insane - I use all this and channel it into that set, that tiny little fucking set of a few reps to failure and beyond to force my body into growth to make it have no alternative but to grow because its under serious stress and overload. It all starts within your mind learn this and you will be different than anyone else. I get so channelled into a set I go deaf, I hear a muffled sound and everything around me goes in slow motion, I am in my space and I at one with my body, I know and it knows there is going to be an attack which I need to be ready for.

You want gains you find that inner self and talk to it, you find those demons and play with them because once you release the power of the mind doing a set is a release of that energy. Think about what ive just said for one min............... You dig so deep into your inner self and find that demon, that fire, that adrenalin and that spirit of fight or flight and you will feel an unbelievable build up inside yourself and the only release is that set in front of you, that weight, that tiny fucking set of weights in front of you what is your answer for the release of that built up energy you have made inside yourself.

I believe the mind is a wonderful thing and you can use the good and bad parts of your life experience to fuel your goals for the future. I know what fuels me and there are many ways to achieve this all you got to do is find yours. Find your training style, be consistent in everything you do and never waste a set or reps make them count that's the reason why your in the gym to make a difference to yourself, no on else is going to hand it over to you its all down to you and its a fucking long road ahead but you need to take the first step along that road to reach your goal and dig deep inside of yourself and make it count. Make heads turn
    clarky., DocToxin8, Sfla80 and 6 others like this.

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Morning Fellas/Ladies, am in bits the day lol. Rest rest rest and eat.

Ok ladies and gentlemen

Gym time

For some odd reason i just trained traps and calves. Do you know why? Cause I can erggggg

Cardio bike 45mins intense made my legs burn and calves pop.

I feel sick

To the supermarket now to turn some fuking heads.

Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    Ok ladies and gentlemen

Gym time

For some odd reason i just trained traps and calves. Do you know why? Cause I can erggggg

Cardio bike 45mins intense made my legs burn and calves pop.

I feel sick

To the supermarket now to turn some fuking heads.
    Hahaha ya big mad fucker.
    Sfla80, AKD_FitChick and NACH3 like this.

DocToxin8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Hi all!

Nice post about drive Marcus.

I wonder though, maybe I'll try to tap into some hippie love feeling to move those weights and see if that works too?
    Philosophically speaking, love is a powerful (perhaps the most powerful) emotion, so I'll see if it can live those weights to move instead of just unleashing that hellish fury of my reptilian brain. Lol.
    I'll report back once I know how that goes.

Food. That's the problem.
    I'm trying (not so much trying as just doing) to eat dirtier.
    I'm so tried of the non stop eating that even reaching a surplus with cheesecake and burgers ain't appetizing nor easy.

Time to order some weight gain powder I guess.
    Liquid food rocks. (It's a shitty substitute, but it does work)

Eating clean isn't very difficult, eating clean and enough is though.
    Any advice would be appreciated.

Wish you all a happy Sunday!

Morning Marcus Clarky Nacho Ag Song And of course D-

Off to Cracker Barrel for Breakfast.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DocToxin8 View Post
    Hi all!

I wonder though, maybe I'll try to tap into some hippie love feeling to move those weights and see if that works too?
    Philosophically speaking, love is a powerful (perhaps the most powerful) emotion, so I'll see if it can live those weights to move instead of just unleashing that hellish fury of my reptilian brain. Lol.

I'm so tried of the non stop eating that even reaching a surplus with cheesecake and burgers ain't appetizing nor easy.

i hear you my man its been to the point for me for a long time that eating is for function and purpose not taste so its not enjoyable for me to eat clean either but I do and I agree to get the calories in is tough...liking the hippie love vibe angle you don't kill the weights bro, you love them...
    AKD_FitChick, NACH3 and DocToxin8 like this.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170421_135625.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	169086

Venison.

Name:	20170422_123324.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	169087

Black pudding scotch egg, Class.

Hi all!

Anger is what drives me when with the iron, The Big Man taught me a few things. I love it i love my session i don't go in angry or be angry with anyone, but when i am sitting the with them bells with me ear plugs in i think i use what i have been through and it fires me up from my feet i am so fucking angry i just life i never think of the weight.
    It works for me great tool.

Sundays are pish eh ? Boring as fuck. Just going out with the mrs shortly for a munch, am in bits really am rest the day and the mora. Off work so we're going fishing hope the weather is ok.
    marcus300 and AKD_FitChick like this.

Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by clarky. View Post

Name:	20170421_135625.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	169086

Venison.
    Looks amazing

marcus300 and clarky. like this.

Name:	20170422_123324.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	169087

Black pudding scotch egg, Class.
    Gonna have to look this one up lol

Morning everyone!!

Was debating a day off today. But I will be off tomorrow and Tuesday from the gym cause of the shot.

Also been up since 5am.

So here debating just going in for some light cardio type of thing, or I am really itching to do some light leg work and see how it goes

almostgone is offline AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    So what I am really reading here.....is I can't go less anymore?.

Just remember to allow yourself a pull back from beyond failure every 4-6 weeks or so. 4 weeks is about the max I can go.w/o moving backwards. You really have latched onto this very well. If you're liking the beyond failure protocol where you incorporate partials, try a slow 10 count negative just on the partials for now for a little more stimulation. I looked back through the lifts.you have posted, and you seem to be very strong on your back exercises. LOL, I suspected you were just from the kick@ss back shot you posted.
    If.you don't know.what I mean by pullback/dropping the beyond failure tools for a week or two every so often, post up and anyone of us will be glad to walk you through it. I think everyone goes through a pullback slightly different, but if you get right down to where the rubber meets the road, a pullback is basically when you lift to failure, but don't use any beyond failure tools such as forced reps, negative only reps, partials, etc.
    Again a pullback is needed periodically just to let your CNS recover from that wonderfully painful stress that is a part of HIT.
    I hope I worded that it reads properly. As far as the timing of the pullback, your body will let you know. It may take a few times to learn to recognize when it is time, but it will get to the point that you will know.

Re: being able to lift with the same intensity 4 hours after I worked a body part, I couldn't do it. Mentally, my mind may want to do it, but I know if I tried, I.would probably end up with another injury. On the other hand, you seem to be extremely well conditioned, so I'm sure you would give it run for the money.
    Last edited by almostgone; 04-30-2017 at 06:51 AM.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Just remember to allow yourself a pull back from beyond failure every 4-6 weeks or so. 4 weeks is about the max I can go.w/o moving backwards. You really have latched onto this very well. If you're liking the beyond failure protocol where you incorporate partials, try a slow 10 count negative just on the partials for now for a little more stimulation. I looked back through the lifts.you have posted, and you seem to be very strong on your back exercises. LOL, I suspected you were just from the kick@ss back shot you posted.
    If.you don't know.what I mean by pullback/dropping the beyond failure tools for a week or two every so often, post up and anyone of us will be glad to walk you through it. I think everyone goes through a pullback slightly different, but if you get right down to where the rubber meets the road, a pullback is basically when you lift to failure, but don't use any beyond failure tools such as forced reps, negative only reps, partials, etc.
    Again a pullback is needed periodically just to let your CNS recover from that wonderfully painful stress that is a part of HIT.
    I hope I worded that it reads properly. As far as the timing of the pullback, your body will let you know. It may take a few times to learn to recognize when it is time, but it will get to the point that you will know.

Re: being able to lift with the same intensity 4 hours after I worked a body part, I couldn't do it. Mentally, my mind may want to do it, but I know if I tried, I.would probably end up with another injury. On the other hand, you seem to be extremely well conditioned, so I'm sure you would give it run for the money.
    Well said Ag. She's been really training HIT 3-4 weeks. With her endurance I figure she has 2 more weeks before pull back. She's listening to her body and takes an extra rest day if needed.

You've seen her lifts. Your thoughts?
    AKD_FitChick likes this.

Hi all!

Find what ever tool you have in your chest to drive that motivation to have the best workout your possibly can. Some use music, some use past traumatic events, some can just turn the light switch and go, so think of the loved ones or their children. What ever lights your fire find it and use it to your advantage.

Sorry for not posting much recently,.but have been very busy taking care of the beast. He seems to be improving slightly and the vet thinks I may be right about this.being a reaction to the heartworm/flea medication he takes called Trifexis. There are a few reports online of similar reactions that people are attributing to that medication, but no definite data. He is drinking plenty of water and passing urine very well and also has been getting.up and walking around for 5-10 minute spells, so as long as he isn't suffering and is making improvements, Mrs AG and I.will take turns sleeping and staying outside with him. If he gets to the point that he can't function or is pain, then we will do the humane thing. It will hurt if it comes to that, but thats the price we pay for all.of the love and devotion they give us.
    I did try to work chest last night, but it is.too soon. As soon as I hit my second warmup/feeler set, I.got a brutal pain behind my.left.eye, so I called.it off. I'm not out of the game yet, lol, just have to get over.this head injury. There's still some blood moving around sub q and has settled over my left eye, so I look like hammered shit multiplied by 2. If I make any typos, please disregard them. I keeps disposable scapels on hand and started to make a quick small cut in one area at my l. eyebrow, but Mrs. AG walked in and begged me not to, so I didn't to keep her from any excess worries. Every time I do a little home surgery she freaks out. You would think after all of the close calls that I've had, she would realize I'm fairly durable.
    Have been doing lots of cryo therapy.with the homemade ice packs.and.it is keeping the swellimg down somewhat and helps with the discomfort. I generally.don't take too many pain meds other than NSAIDS and occasionally Flexeril, but I.did take 1/2 of a 7.5mg Lortab just to knock the edge off
    AKD_FitChick, NACH3 and clarky. like this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Extremely important and to note being able to train with the same intensity 4 hours after a intense workout should tell you something very important

Sorry for not posting much recently,.but have been very busy taking care of the beast. He seems to be improving slightly and the vet thinks I may be right about this.being a reaction to the heartworm/flea medication he takes called Trifexis. There are a few reports online of similar reactions that people are attributing to that medication, but no definite data. He is drinking plenty of water and passing urine very well and also has been getting.up and walking around for 5-10 minute spells, so as long as he isn't suffering and is making improvements, Mrs AG and I.will take turns sleeping and staying outside with him. If he gets to the point that he can't function or is pain, then we will do the humane thing. It will hurt if it comes to that, but thats the price we pay for all.of the love and devotion they give us.
    I did try to work chest last night, but it is.too soon. As soon as I hit my second warmup/feeler set, I.got a brutal pain behind my.left.eye, so I called.it off. I'm not out of the game yet, lol, just have to get over.this head injury. There's still some blood moving around sub q and has settled over my left eye, so I look like hammered shit multiplied by 2. If I make any typos, please disregard them. I keeps disposable scapels on hand and started to make a quick small cut in one area at my l. eyebrow, but Mrs. AG walked in and begged me not to, so I didn't to keep her from any excess worries. Every time I do a little home surgery she freaks out. You would think after all of the close calls that I've had, she would realize I'm fairly durable.
    Have been doing lots of cryo therapy.with the homemade ice packs.and.it is keeping the swellimg down somewhat and helps with the discomfort. I generally.don't take too many pain meds other than NSAIDS and occasionally Flexeril, but I.did take 1/2 of a 7.5mg Lortab just to knock the edge off
    Hardcore redneck AG pure hardcore mate lol
    almostgone likes this.

You are like a damn piece of pig iron.
    Hoping it's the heartworm meds and the beast will be gtg
    Wait for momma to leave the house before elective surgery. Lol
    almostgone and AKD_FitChick like this.

Well said Ag. She's been really training HIT 3-4 weeks. With her endurance I figure she has 2 more weeks before pull back. She's listening to her body and takes an extra rest day if needed.

You've seen her lifts. Your thoughts?
    My thoughts? She is mentally and physically tougher than 80-85% of the people that lift and she does so with an incredible drive. She would outwork pretty much anyone (male or female) without a doubt.
    In another 6-8 weeks, I think we will all struggle to keep up with her. Personally, I find it motivating as fvck.
    I'm thinking you're dead on it about her pullback. I had a little mental bet withyself that it would be somewhere around 6 weeks, and that if she didn't take a pullback we might have to sedate her.

Morning Marcus Clarky Nacho Ag Song And of course D-

Off to Cracker Barrel for Breakfast.
    Full. Gravy and biscuits. 2 eggs sunny side up. Hasbrown casserole. Jelly biscuit
    Home laying back in the recliner. So nice.
    Last edited by Capebuffalo; 04-30-2017 at 07:32 AM.

My thoughts? She is mentally and physically tougher than 80-85% of the people that lift and she does so with an incredible drive. She would outwork pretty much anyone (male or female) without a doubt.
    In another 6-8 weeks, I think we will all struggle to keep up with her. Personally, I find it motivating as fvck.
    I'm thinking you're dead on it about her pullback. I had a little mental bet withyself that it would be somewhere around 6 weeks, and that if she didn't take a pullback we might have to sedate her.
    Everything you just said is 100% true. Lol. I don't know sedation would work. We'd probably have to lock her in a room for a bit.
    marcus300 and AKD_FitChick like this.

**Marcus's HIT Dungeon**

Extremely important and to note being able to train with the same intensity 4 hours after a intense workout should tell you something very important
    It does tell me something very important. Lol.

But I couldn't have done it. Maybe a couple lifts with light weights, but that's strictly me telling myself I can do it in my mind.

After I wrote that, I did a little shopping and then rested on my couch. I had nothing left but laziness

For sure aware of my back and arms from elbows up . Feels great.

Everything you just said is 100% true. Lol. I don't know sedation would work. We'd probably have to lock her in a room for a bit.
    Leave me in the room for that one especially if she sedated
    almostgone, AKD_FitChick and NACH3 like this.

Hardcore redneck AG pure hardcore mate lol
    You are like a damn piece of pig iron.
    Hoping it's the heartworm meds and the beast will be gtg
    Wait for momma to leave the house before elective surgery. Lol
    LOL,.thanks,.gentlemen, I appreciate it! Honestly, when I need some motivation, all I have to do is log in to this thread, read for a bit, then I'm ready to kick the world right square in the arse.

**Marcus's HIT Dungeon**

Its nice to see a lady busting it large with the hardcore guys down in the dungeon. You actually make me want to train harder
    Awe thanks Marcus, that's means a lot!!!!

This training is all you! You showed Cape, Cape brought me here and alas.....

If I worked out with you, we would motivate each other. I love pushing people and myself.

Last edited by AKD_FitChick; 04-30-2017 at 07:41 AM.

You're right about that, Cape. Marcus has mentioned a certain room at his place. Called it a cellar, I believe.

Fitchick, if.anyone around mentions the word "cellar", rip off one of their ears,.throw it in one direction, and you run in the opposite direction.
    Capebuffalo likes this.

Sundays are pish eh ? Boring as fuck. Just going out with the mrs shortly for a munch, am in bits really am rest the day and the mora. Off work so we're going fishing hope the weather is ok.
    Have a great time fishing! Jealous.

Food looks yummy!

clarky. likes this.

Leave me in the room for that one especially if she sedated
    LOL, you read my mind.
    Capebuffalo likes this.

Awe thanks Marcus, that's means a lot!!!!

This is training is all you! You showed Cape, Cape brought me here and alas.....

If I worked out with you, we would motivate each other. I love pushing people and myself.

The two of you would try to out do each other all the way up to the point the ambulance arrived.
    almostgone and AKD_FitChick like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sfla80 View Post
    Morning everyone!!

Was debating a day off today. But I will be off tomorrow and Tuesday from the gym cause of the shot.

Also been up since 5am.

So here debating just going in for some light cardio type of thing, or I am really itching to do some light leg work and see how it goes

Do what feels right to you!!! I miss the gym on my rest days. If you know you are out, cause the shot just go in and see what comes to you when you walk through the door.

almostgone and clarky. like this.

You're right about that, Cape. Marcus has mentioned a certain room at his place. Called it a cellar, I believe.

Fitchick, if.anyone around mentions the word "cellar", rip off one of their ears,.throw it in one direction, and you run in the opposite direction.
    She's tough but I don't know she's ready for the cellar.
    almostgone likes this.

Ha ha!!! You might have to sedate me! Lol!

If my thyroid crashes and my meds T3 and T4 stop working that it the only thing and cortisol that can drop me.....:knocking on wood that never happens again.

Great advice and I am glad you agree with cape. Maybe we can arrange my pull back when I am in cali at my parents farm for a few days in mid June. Oh wait that's way too late.

Thread Information