Like Tree79785Likes

Thread: **Marcus's HIT Dungeon**

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    Doesn't have to that clean for a long time, just the last few weeks or so.

The hardest days are the zero days. Not because you are hungry because you really aren't. Replacing the lost fats and proteins you would normally get from your carbs means you are eating more first class protein and more quality fats. Both of those things fill me up almost too much so 275g pro and 50g fat is hard work by the end of the day. Fish is easier than chicken which is easier than red meat to get down.

At some point over the next few weeks I'll start a (delayed) log of what my plan has been for the last 11 weeks and the next 2. Might help somebody somewhere although I didn't take any 'pre' photos, sadly.

The hardest days are the zero days. Not because you are hungry because you really aren't. Replacing the lost fats and proteins you would normally get from your carbs means you are eating more first class protein and more quality fats. Both of those things fill me up almost too much so 275g pro and 50g fat is hard work by the end of the day. Fish is easier than chicken which is easier than red meat to get down.

At some point over the next few weeks I'll start a (delayed) log of what my plan has been for the last 11 weeks and the next 2. Might help somebody somewhere although I didn't take any 'pre' photos, sadly.
    I love the point of the log BIB - it'll help so many people who actually want it!! I'm in awes of what you can do - I know fasted cardio is the way and atm I can definitely get both that and my session in... I've never done cardio so I know it'll be a key to my progress - as bad as that sounds lol m

Thx BIB I really appreciate it mate!
    songdog likes this.

AKD_FitChick is offline Female Member
    Back from hams and glutes.....damn remind me next time not to start with deads and rev leg lifts and step ups, by the time I got to leg press and rev hack I was beat. Super setted the whole thing and was sweating whoop! Disappointed cause my weights on leg press have gone down lots, I will get those babies back up.

Hey BIB, feel like giving a few pointers on cycling? Cape said you were the man to talk to! Let me know if I can PM you, if not I totally understand.

I love the support here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Quote Originally Posted by AKD_FitChick View Post
    Back from hams and glutes.....damn remind me next time not to start with deads and rev leg lifts and step ups, by the time I got to leg press and rev hack I was beat. Super setted the whole thing and was sweating whoop! Disappointed cause my weights on leg press have gone down lots, I will get those babies back up.

Hey BIB, feel like giving a few pointers on cycling? Cape said you were the man to talk to! Let me know if I can PM you, if not I totally understand.

I love the support here

Nice work. Look at it this way you pre exhausted your legs so you were digging deep at the end.
    almostgone likes this.

BIB D- means carb cycling. I gave her the premis but told her you could help get her dialed in.

Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo View Post
    BIB D- means carb cycling. I gave her the premis but told her you could help get her dialed in.
    This would be amazing BIB!!!

NACH3 likes this.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer

Would like read that myself. I find it interesting. By zero carb days, do you mean absolutely no carbs, or are fibrous/little to no G.I. carbs still consumed?
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Re: Carb Cycling - this is thread you need to read

***Dieting 101: Carb Cycling***

TBH it's a 5-6 week diet for me. I use it when my fat loss stalls from just running a deficit from carbs.

Hit me up with any questions and I'll do my best to answer but I'm no expert I just know what has worked for me.
    Capebuffalo, songdog and NACH3 like this.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Would like read that myself. I find it interesting. By zero carb days, do you mean absolutely no carbs, or are fibrous/little to no G.I. carbs still consumed?
    Little to none. I think it's impossible to have actual 0 but my veggies on these days are broccoli, cauliflower and green beans. If you choose nuts as a fat source there are carbs to count. Fish oil has zero carbs. I reckon I am sub 10g carbs on my 'zero' days but really, less than 20-25g will have you about right.
    Capebuffalo, almostgone and NACH3 like this.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Lol, I could give you pointers on cycling too. I did a lot of it in my youth (sooooo long ago)
    Capebuffalo and NACH3 like this.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    I love the point of the log BIB - it'll help so many people who actually want it!! I'm in awes of what you can do - I know fasted cardio is the way and atm I can definitely get both that and my session in... I've never done cardio so I know it'll be a key to my progress - as bad as that sounds lol m

Thx BIB I really appreciate it mate!
    Nothing to be in awe about mate, honestly. I'm just a normal guy who looks better than probably 95% of men the same age because I have a plan and some willpower to see the plan through.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

This would be amazing BIB!!!

Read the link I posted and hit me up whenever you like.

Nobody ever PM's me I think I must have a 'leave me alone' persona on here
    songdog likes this.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Read the link I posted and hit me up whenever you like.

Nobody ever PM's me I think I must have a 'leave me alone' persona on here
    Read the whole first part. Great info!!! I will read entire thing and ask for help!!! Thank you for helping me. Really appreciate it. Want to do this cycle right and have some fun with it.

Little to none. I think it's impossible to have actual 0 but my veggies on these days are broccoli, cauliflower and green beans. If you choose nuts as a fat source there are carbs to count. Fish oil has zero carbs. I reckon I am sub 10g carbs on my 'zero' days but really, less than 20-25g will have you about right.
    Gotcha! Was curious to see how you applied it. My "normal" veggies are basically leeks, zucchini squash, broccoli, bok choy, etc. (all either steamed or.grilled). Also, iceberg lettuce, Pepita's/pumpkseeds, and occasionally celery. My "worst" carb is probably sweet potato unless I let my diet slip.
    Ate a yeast roll about 2 weeks ago and still having a hard time dealing with it (I never eat bread).
    Last edited by almostgone; 07-22-2017 at 11:42 AM.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Gotcha! Was curious to see how you applied it. My "normal" veggies are basically leeks, zucchini squash, broccoli, bok choy, etc. (all either steamed or.grilled).
    My rule is if it has as much fibre as carbs then the carbs don't count. Not sure how your squash would fit in as I don't eat it.

I'm on zero carbs tomorrow, once I work out my meal plan I will post it up.
    almostgone likes this.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

My rule is if it has as much fibre as carbs then the carbs don't count. Not sure how your squash would fit in as I don't eat it.

I'm on zero carbs tomorrow, once I work out my meal plan I will post it up.
    Excellent and much appreciated!

Zero carb day

Meal 1
    14g pro from WPI
    Salmon fillet
    3 eggs
    3 egg whites

PWO
    WPI

Meal 2
    Haddock fillets
    Fish oil
    Green beans

Meal 3
    Chicken breast
    Fish oil
    Home made soup (broccoli, cauliflower, vegetable stock, black pepper, garlic)

Meal 4
    Cod fillets
    Fish oil
    Green beans

Meal 5
    Chicken breast
    1 egg
    2 egg whites
    Fish oil
    Soup (as above)

On a non lifting day I will sip on a shake of 20g WPI and 5 egg whites (pasteurised) during the day when I want to stimulate my taste buds. This is in place of the PWO WPI.

275g pro
    50g fat
    4g carbs plus whatever comes from my green beans/soup.
    almostgone, songdog and NACH3 like this.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Zero carb day

Meal 1
    14g pro from WPI
    Salmon fillet
    3 eggs
    3 egg whites

PWO
    WPI

Meal 2
    Haddock fillets
    Fish oil
    Green beans

Meal 3
    Chicken breast
    Fish oil
    Home made soup (broccoli, cauliflower, vegetable stock, black pepper, garlic)

Meal 4
    Cod fillets
    Fish oil
    Green beans

Meal 5
    Chicken breast
    1 egg
    2 egg whites
    Fish oil
    Soup (as above)

On a non lifting day I will sip on a shake of 20g WPI and 5 egg whites (pasteurised) during the day when I want to stimulate my taste buds. This is in place of the PWO WPI.

275g pro
    50g fat
    4g carbs plus whatever comes from my green beans/soup.
    Ok, going to blind everyone with my blazing ignorance, here. . Fish oil? You don't just mean the capsules do you or are you incorporating them for the fat value?

Read the whole first part. Great info!!! I will read entire thing and ask for help!!! Thank you for helping me. Really appreciate it. Want to do this cycle right and have some fun with it.

Zero carb days aren't fun days.
    almostgone and NACH3 like this.

Zero carb days aren't fun days.
    I went zero carb days for years or only fiber enriched veggies. I can do it!

Ok, going to blind everyone with my blazing ignorance, here. . Fish oil? You don't just mean the capsules do you or are you incorporating them for the fat value?
    Fish oil capsules yes. They count toward total fat intake. In fact, they make up a substantial % of my fat intake on the zero carb day.
    almostgone likes this.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

I went zero carb days for years or only fiber enriched veggies. I can do it!

I have no doubt you can.

Fish oil capsules yes. They count toward total fat intake. In fact, they make up a substantial % of my fat intake on the zero carb day.
    Grazie, BIB. Much appreciated!
    songdog likes this.

Grazie, BIB. Much appreciated!
    FYI, I wouldn't ingest a lot of fish oil for any length of time, a few days here and there, as it can be toxic. In fact, I will probably sub some of it for EVOO from now on after I just reminded myself.
    almostgone, songdog and NACH3 like this.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

FYI, I wouldn't ingest a lot of fish oil for any length of time, a few days here and there, as it can be toxic. In fact, I will probably sub some of it for EVOO from now on after I just reminded myself.
    Yes sir, I was just looking at fat contents of EVOO and avocado oil. I take krill oil daily and don't know that I could process very many fish oil caps w/o some problems.
    NACH3 likes this.

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Good Morning Marcus Nach Cape Ag Clarky D that was very helpful on the carb cycling BiB thank you.

Ok, ended up watching 2 movies with Mrs. AG. I'm off to the shop.

Anybody lifting today?

I trained quads

20 rep front squats
    Modified hack squat type thing on smith machine
    Slow leg extensions

Added some core and of course, damn cardio (30 mins)
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Ok, ended up watching 2 movies with Mrs. AG. I'm off to the shop.
    Well if you get bored you can stop by and I will let you ride my mower for a couple hrs
    almostgone likes this.

Good morning Song, BIB, AG, Nach and Cape!!! I know I am missing a couple, but good morning.

Relaxing movies sound nice. I did that yesterday. Was really nice.

I did lift yesterday and I am lifting chest today. Meeting a friend so it will be good to have a spot on some things.

I am going to attempt to plan all my meals this week carb cycling.

BIB I am going to PM you.

Lifting in 45, will let you know how it did.

Okay all I am off to get ready for the gym

Anybody lifting today?

I trained quads

20 rep front squats
    Modified hack squat type thing on smith machine
    Slow leg extensions

Added some core and of course, damn cardio (30 mins)
    Lifted about 20 lawn bags this morning into the back of the truck. Then unloaded them at the curb. So yeah I lifted.
    almostgone and songdog like this.

Quote Originally Posted by songdog View Post
    Well if you get bored you can stop by and I will let you ride my mower for a couple hrs
    Nein, Nein!!! My grass is ready to cut, but it ain't happening today.
    Capebuffalo and songdog like this.

Man, it is downright steamy today. Temp is only 87°F but the "real feel" temp is 104°F. It slows me down on my lifts since I don't have A/C in my shop, but I still got it done. . Did manage to bring my grip in a tad today so I was awful close to a good low bar position for the first time in a.....decade?
    Think the scraping and stretching has helped but still have to get my left arm back in gear. Definitely no upper body work for the next week or two, so I will work legs more.

1 set of crunches - ~ 130 or so.
    Shoulder stretches and back stretches. Will do more stretching after while.
    Leg extensions @ an easy warmup weight - ~45 reps or so.
    Squats:
    Dry bar - 1x 20
    Plate/side- 1x 20
    2 plates/side- 1x 20
    3 plates/side- 1x17, 1x 15
    2 plates/side - 1x 20, 1 x 15
    Plate/side- 2 x 20

Seated calf raises w/ a double pump at the bottom of the rep- 12 reps, drop, 10 reps, drop,10 reps, rest pause, 11 reps, rest pause, 9+ reps.

68 minutes. I'm whooped!

Crap, and Mrs. AG wants to sit out in the sun today. I'll give it 20-30 minutes and I'm hitting the shower.
    AKD_FitChick likes this.

Crap, and Mrs. AG wants to sit out in the sun today. I'll give it 20-30 minutes and I'm hitting the shower.
    That's a negative.
    almostgone likes this.

Went outside and it clouded up and cooled off a smidge. Cape we may get some t'storms after while?
    Capebuffalo and OdinsOtherSon like this.

Been reading The Barbell Prescription: Strength Training for life after 40. Have had it for a while, but just now getting around to cracking it open. Haven't read anything earth shattering yet, but I do like the writer's style and outlook.
    He started discussing looking for a gym and made some valid, yet comical, points.
    1) Is the facility reputable? Check your local BBB, Angie's List, Chamber of Commerce, former and current gym members.
    2) Is there at least one squat rack? Preferably several. No squat rack = no squattage= no training. If there's no squat rack, you're done. The is not a gym.
    3) Is there at least one pressing bench? If not, you're done. This is not a gym.
    4) Does the facility have polygonal plates? Red flag. Whoever came up with this idea needs to be taken out back and maimed with his own creation. The real purpose of these plates is to discourage pulls from the floor and use of chalk, which are disturbing to the decent people on the Stairmasters and yoga mats while they are listening to Bon Jovi.
    5). Are they, in fact, playing Bon Jovi? Red flag. You can still join, but it will suck.
    6). Does the facility forbid the use of chalk? Red flag. You may be able to smuggle your chalk in, but smuggling of white powders is an offense in most countries.
    7) Does the facility forbid grunting and sweating? Red flag. This is not a gym.

Anyway, kind of good so far. Also, some decent info applicable to we "higher mileage/older model" lifters.
    Last edited by almostgone; 07-23-2017 at 01:17 PM.

Went outside and it clouded up and cooled off a smidge. Cape we may get some t'storms after while?
    Clouding up here.
    almostgone likes this.

Good morning, everyone! Also, Ouch!!!! My legs and lower back are so smoked today.
    songdog likes this.

Good Morning Marcus Cape Nach Ag Clarky D Dang we had some storms come through yesterday evening lost power a couple times.Heck woke up and had to reset the clocks I guess another storm went through.I can hear thunder in the distance now.We have gotten a lot of rain this year I hope this isn't a hint of the snow we are going to have.
    almostgone, Capebuffalo and NACH3 like this.

Good morning, everyone! Also, Ouch!!!! My legs and lower back are so smoked today.
    My legs are shot too mate. They've progressively being getting more tired the more cardio I do and yesterday (leg day) and today (60 mins fasted cardio) they are spent. I've decided to only run zero carb for 2 days this week so today is the last day.

Need to adjust my carb intake for the rest of the days this week so I only eat the same over the 7 days that I had planned too anyway. Be nice to have some consistent energy back
    almostgone and NACH3 like this.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Thread Information