Like Tree79787Likes

Thread: **Marcus's HIT Dungeon**

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hollowedzeus View Post
    Thanks i dont often hit anterior delts for that reason. Medial delts are my favourite to train, love lateral raises.

I trìed the 45 degrees reverse flies that ive saw you mention a few times. I think i went too heavy however. I wasnt feeling the squeeze. I moved on to regular prone flies. I shall fiddle with it another day.

Looks like a great exercise though. Will definetly give it another go!
    Try lying face down in a 35* incline and pull up and out - elbows flared or you'll be hitting your lats not your rear delts or upper back! Another good one is rev cable flys which are great... it's all about the angle brother - always still hit front delts they(your delts can never be big or round enough imho as well as your arms
    Last edited by NACH3; 09-15-2017 at 04:25 PM.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by clarky. View Post
    Hi fellas/ladies, i see the big man is back, nice. Did arms the day, went good. No pain from the bi, still not pushing it just taking things easy ish lol. Wee niggle from the forearm, tried db hammer but no.

Standing db curls 4 sets

Incline db curls 3 sets both together lol

Drag curls 2 sets Smith

Bi's were on fire

CG bench 3 sets Smith

Tri pd's 3 sets

Behind head tri ex 3 sets V bar

Tri's fried

Done, good session and good because no bi pain.
    Very nice mate!
    clarky. likes this.

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    Very nice mate!
    Thank you big guy, once ma bi is g2g mate i will be flying .
    almostgone and NACH3 like this.

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Welcome back Marcus. They've been a right proper bunch of cunts in your absents.

Arms. This has been a non motivational week. Just haven't been able to get my mind right. Camping tomorrow. Hopefully will recharge my batteries. But with a Boy Scout den of 6-7 yr olds I really doubt it.
    almostgone, NACH3 and marcus300 like this.

Try lying face down in a 35* incline and pull up and out - elbows flared or you'll be hitting your lays big your rear delts or upper back! Another good one is rev cable flys which are great... it's all about the angle brother - always still hit front delts they(your delts can never be big or round enough imho as well as your arms
    X2, love this movement, kel got me on this and never looked back, change it up now and then with head rested on back of bench db rev fly's.
    Edit, sorry also do rev cable fly's as a pre ex or finisher, great movement.
    hollowedzeus and NACH3 like this.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Good massage! Now to scarf down some steamed chicken and veggies with a bit on very low sodium soy sauce (it's like 145mg/ Tbsp), and then time to crash. Was asked to come in st midnight, but told them I would do good to be there by 2 a.m. Still awake from 9:45 last night.

Edit: On the plus side of things, I have the next 3 lifts written up, which helps me stay focused.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo View Post
    Welcome back Marcus. They've been a right proper bunch of cunts in your absents.

Arms. This has been a non motivational week. Just haven't been able to get my mind right. Camping tomorrow. Hopefully will recharge my batteries. But with a Boy Scout den of 6-7 yr olds I really doubt it.
    Lying wee Cunt, don't start your shit because the Big man's back cape. You will be right out on your ear boy.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170915_164149.jpg 
Views:	251 
Size:	744.7 KB 
ID:	170584

Name:	20170915_164203.jpg 
Views:	212 
Size:	695.2 KB 
ID:	170585

To much fat a know .

Lmfao, sorry kel, really.
    Last edited by clarky.; 09-15-2017 at 03:26 PM.

Last edited by clarky.; 09-15-2017 at 03:25 PM.

To much fat a know .

Looking big. Hell its fall. Bulk season. Fat is a myth.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Thank you big guy, once ma bi is g2g mate i will be flying .
    Ohhh I know it!!!

X2, love this movement, kel got me on this and never looked back, change it up now and then with head rested on back of bench db rev fly's.
    Edit, sorry also do rev cable fly's as a pre ex or finisher, great movement.
    Yiu said it like me I finish with rev cable flys and then Press

And X2 or 3 Kel got me on these and really separates your rear delt from the shoulder better than any other ex's I've done!

To much fat a know .

Looking big, solid and thick mate! When's your next 'wee blast'
    clarky. likes this.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailRunAZ View Post

Excellent read, marcus, thanks a ton already. I was laughing as I read about the mental aspect of training with reserving for sets - I do exactly that. In fact, at times on an off day if I am feeling especially tired on the warm up or first set I can feel almost panicked about how I'm going to get all my reps in next set, let alone the extra reps and strength gains to prove that I am getting gains. This is definitely a big challenge to overcome and you identified it spot on.
    What I am considering "failure" is the inability to complete another rep. So for bis it is x number of reps then I simply cannot get that last rep completed with the DB.
    I see your definition of true failure as it relates to HIT is going to be different from that so I will do my best to integrate it.
    Kel has mentioned to me that time it takes training to truly accomplish HIT so I don't take it lightly and know there is much I need to learn.

I do train alone at a great gym, though, with lots of body builders and good equipment, power lifters, etc. Great energy.
    Occasionally my girlfriend will accompany and she does my routine with me to keep from it being an interruption, and she even helps with some forced reps. She's the best.

I love keto. Am in the zone. I can cruise on keto year long if needed but have been told growth will be limited on it. Have been looking to nach for a carb cycling protocol, but I crave like a bastard on carbs, even clean ones, and it takes a lot of mental focus and self-discipline to stay on top and frankly this past year with a new job, settling into the second year of a divorce and having my kiddos half time (they are 8 and 12) plus a new girlfriend and recovering from an horrific knee surgery that kept me off legs until 2 wks ago, has been enough stress without adding a stringent diet on top. But I am coming out the other side on most and really want some good gains in size, hardness and definition (for me that just means being able to see a muscle group is present, haha, not even striations and cut)

That's good you can find a spotter the Mrs, this will help when you decide to add in some forced and negs on the smaller body parts. Ive done keto a few times but at my weight and size I find it hard to be hinest and my bodylikes carbs so that's why I manipulate carbs to secure any of the goals I have.

When I am trying to cut my bf I first start running my cals at maintenance and use cardio to create a deficit. You can reinvent the wheel its all about calories in calories out and when your carrying a lot of body weight and tissue you need to feed it to keep it and that's my main concern to preserve all my tissue no matter what. So I will start off with using cardio and then increase the cardio when my body adapts to what I am doing to it. Once I am at certain level I start carb cycling off maintenance but use my rest days to really deplete my glycogen stores and refeed on training days this confuses the body into burning fat as fuel and again once my body adapts I will change things up again by carb cycling still off my maintenance cals by using a 40% less carbs from my maintenance and then refeed by using a 15% increase on my maintenance carbs, once you work this out it isn't that much of a dramatic drop but what it does is confuse the body into using fat as fuel yet again while preserving muscle tissue.The low and refeed days are not set in stone its varies depending on my workload and how I look.

I usually carb cycle all the time whether bulking or cutting and I use cardio and carb calorie trickery to achieve my goals. I also change things around on none training days and also meal timing but I don't do anything dramatic and I never drop my calories to much at the cost of my muscle tissue, if it takes months to drop bf while preserving my tissue that's what I will do. In some cases I will drop off my maintenance cals but only by 200-300 and carb cycle again but the secret is not to put on bf in the first place and just add lean tissue while maintaining low bf which is another obsession I have and its all done via carb cycling. CC works for me and I when you carrying a lot of tissue its so hard to maintain and build more but I do this by the intense training I do and also my carb cycling methods. If I am bulking I will increase my cals by 300-500 and or even further depending how dramatic I want the bulk and depending if I am coming out of prime or not, its all down to my goals but nothing is static it works around my body and how I look and feel.

I never have a fixed plan with carb cycling because I go by how I look and how I feel on a daily basis. I am so intune with my body I know when I am depleted to much or flat and I am risking losing tissue or I am to full I am going to add bf, so I adjust daily to how I look and feel. I don't weigh my food anymore those days are over I know what 300-400grams of protein looks like and I know if I am eating to much or less. When my body is screaming from my work out that it needs feeding I feed it to the max even when I am in a cut I fill the tank. The training style I have is intense and if you want to be big you got to lift intense and eat big, its all about calories in and calories out and once you understand how your body responds you can maximise your training and diet to produce some remarkable gains in size and strength.

Also check out my priming thread which will help to give you more of an idea how I go about carb cycling ie pre cycle priming which is more or less the same approach just adjustment needed for what ever goal your trying to achieve
    The Prime explained before cycling..
    NACH3, hollowedzeus and clarky. like this.

Quote Originally Posted by hollowedzeus View Post
    Tremendous shoulder session today. Felt extremely strong pressing.
    2 working sets dumbell shoulder press drop set
    2 working sets lateral raise drop set and a forced set
    2 working sets prone flies
    3 working sets shrugs

Felt good. Managed 32kg dumbells overhead myself. Had to drop to 30kg 2nd set, muscles couldnt cope with 32 again. Managed12 reps with the 32. If i had a spotter i could have threw the 36s up for 4 or 5. My strength right now is that of the tail end of my bulk despite being on a 500kcal deficit, low carbs and doing an hour of cardio most days.

Happy weekend

Attachment 170583

Nice work and keep on it zues
    hollowedzeus likes this.

TRA
    TRA is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Back/tris today. Great session. Gave the HIT re-post by Marcus a read before hitting the gym and that undoubtedly was a motivator. I cut rest times and concentrated on mind/muscle connection in every set today, more than usual. No distractions other than the rap "music" that came in through my ear buds. Can't figure out why the gym plays that crap. The gym is about as gangsta as Russell Brand.
    Again, my w/o isn't nearly the feat of you guys posting in here but Marcus asked me to post some up so obliging.

Seated close grip pull downs
    W/u @ 90 x12
    W/u @ 110 x 12 (thought it would be a working but had extra left which is a gain)
    W @ 140 x 7
    W @ 150 x 4, drop sets to hit 9

Seated wide grip cable rows
    1 feeler 140 X 12
    1 w 160 x 7
    1 w 170 rest/pause to hit 7

Bent over cable rows
    1 feeler 47.5 x 12
    1 w 62.5 w drop sets to hit 10

Seated two arm DB extensions
    W/u 35 x 12
    W 50 x 12 (barely got the last rep, was at failure)
    W 65 x 7

Single arm cable kickbacks
    1 w 17.5 x 11
    1 w 27.5 with rest pause to hit 8

Rope cable pull-downs
    1 w at 57.5 w rest pause to hit 7

Shortened rest periods on back to 1 min, 20s rest for r/p
    ". " 40 s, 15s rest for r/p

Felt more intense that same routine with 90 s rest between sets

Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo View Post

Thank you Cape
    Capebuffalo likes this.

TRA
    Back/tris today. Great session. Gave the HIT re-post by Marcus a read before hitting the gym and that undoubtedly was a motivator. I cut rest times and concentrated on mind/muscle connection in every set today, more than usual. No distractions other than the rap "music" that came in through my ear buds. Can't figure out why the gym plays that crap. The gym is about as gangsta as Russell Brand.
    Again, my w/o isn't nearly the feat of you guys posting in here but Marcus asked me to post some up so obliging.

W/u @ 90 x12
    W/u @ 110 x 12 (thought it would be a working but had extra left which is a gain)
    W @ 140 x 7

1 feeler 140 X 12
    1 w 160 x 7

Bent over cable rows
    1 feeler 47.5 x 12

W/u 35 x 12
    W 65 x 7

1 w 17.5 x 11

Rope cable pull-downs

marcus300, Capebuffalo and clarky. like this.

TRA
    Sorry gents, typically pretty computer savvy - not sure why it posted twice. First time told me it didn't go through, reposted and it was already there.

W/u @ 90 x12
    W @ 140 x 7

1 feeler 140 X 12
    1 w 160 x 7

Bent over cable rows
    1 feeler 47.5 x 12

W/u 35 x 12
    W 65 x 7

1 w 17.5 x 11

Rope cable pull-downs

Now for me that looks better, more intense and direct. Just keep an eye on your back position when training back, always make sure you squeeze those shoulder blades hard together and pretend your trying to crack a walnut between them this will put your back in the idea contraction position for building the muscle in the back, otherwise as soon as the back rounds weather rowing or pulling its game over, stress goes more to the arms. Very much mind muscle connection when training back.

I will post up a arm routine soon for you
    NACH3 and almostgone like this.

W/u @ 90 x12
    W @ 140 x 7

1 feeler 140 X 12
    1 w 160 x 7

Bent over cable rows
    1 feeler 47.5 x 12

W/u 35 x 12
    W 65 x 7

1 w 17.5 x 11

Rope cable pull-downs

Now for me that looks better, more intense and direct. Just keep an eye on your back position when training back, always make sure you squeeze those shoulder blades hard together and pretend your trying to crack a walnut between them this will put your back in the idea contraction position for building the muscle in the back, otherwise as soon as the back rounds weather rowing or pulling its game over, stress goes more to the arms. Very much mind muscle connection when training back.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries

W/u @ 90 x12
    W @ 140 x 7

1 feeler 140 X 12
    1 w 160 x 7

Bent over cable rows
    1 feeler 47.5 x 12

W/u 35 x 12
    W 65 x 7

1 w 17.5 x 11

Rope cable pull-downs

I know Marcus will say pretty much the same but after gauging your working set weight you don't or most of us don't go past 6-8 reps then into half reps and quarter reps your still stimulating and tearing down fibers this way(type 2b to be exact)

Then if you was to get 6-7 reps on 1w set then drop enough weight to get 2-3 then enough to get and fail at 2 then your at 12 reps some like 15 I do everyonce in a while on arms only but my delts, tris and back are all heavy like this except for accessory work so the gauging off of the first working set is a must and takes time they're %'s you can use but I go by feeler sets as w/u's

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Dreaded double post lol

TRA
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post

Thanks, Marcus. Dialed in on the back posture, need more concentration on squeezing shoulder blades togethers. Shoulders tomorrow. Will post up routine. Even without applying these principles shoulders are a beast for me, most painful of all body parts, even more than legs. Good time to dial in on mind/muscle connection and intensity.
    almostgone likes this.

DCI
    DCI is offline Productive Member
    Looking big yeh scottish mad bastard lol.

Just add some cardio and kill 200 cals with 20 mins cardio youll be like a scottish kel kel in no time.
    clarky. likes this.

Dreaded double post lol
    It's a glitch in the Marix.
    NACH3 likes this.

kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Quote Originally Posted by songdog View Post
    Good morning everyone time for some cardio!

Choked on my coffee. Thanks.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

tarmyg is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    When I am trying to cut my bf I first start running my cals at maintenance and use cardio to create a deficit.
    I wish this were the standard advice for anyone trying to lose fat. Starting in an assumed deficit when most do not know their maintenance seems to make many people fail at their diet attempts.

Quote Originally Posted by tarmyg View Post
    I wish this were the standard advice for anyone trying to lose fat. Starting in an assumed deficit when most do not know their maintenance seems to make many people fail at their diet attempts.
    That's correct we aren't all the same. You have to know your own body and not just rely on some calculator to determine your tdee.

To much fat a know .

LOL, you know nothing about being fat, , that's my specialty.
    Looking good, Clarky!
    Last edited by almostgone; 09-16-2017 at 12:30 AM.
    clarky., NACH3 and GirlyGymRat like this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Thanks, Marcus. Dialed in on the back posture, need more concentration on squeezing shoulder blades togethers. Shoulders tomorrow. Will post up routine. Even without applying these principles shoulders are a beast for me, most painful of all body parts, even more than legs. Good time to dial in on mind/muscle connection and intensity.
    If Marcus hasn't posted it yet, he a good layout of his split on page 41, Trail. I found it very helpful and even now my split is pretty much based on it, I just inserted one day for squats only.
    TRA, marcus300 and clarky. like this.

Morning, ladies and gents. Body feels nice and loose from the massage. Arms are sore from Thursday, but not in a bad way.
    Probably could could have dealt with a bit more sleep; I feel more dumbfounded than usual.
    Think I can squeeze in shoulder and traps tonight (Saturday night) if I get out of here on time and get some rest.
    marcus300, clarky. and NACH3 like this.

Sorry gents, typically pretty computer savvy - not sure why it posted twice. First time told me it didn't go through, reposted and it was already there.
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    If Marcus hasn't posted it yet, he a good layout of his split on page 41, Trail. I found it very helpful and even now my split is pretty much based on it, I just inserted one day for squats only.

This is a routine ive recently sent to a member,
    Thanks...........

I have my own variation of HIT whats evolved over the years to really hit the muscle hard and to make it respond. Ive also had great success with many clients who I've advice over the yrs, myself and also personal friends with this style so when you ask me to design you a workout I am going to give you something what has been proven to work. First you need to have the right mind set and mental focus it takes to go to the gym and do this kind of assault on your body, you have to get into your head this is going to be 45mins only so it can be done, it will hurt and it will produce gains if I do it right. Get the adrenalin flowing and when you walk in that gym its to breakdown your muscles and create an environment what will make them grow bigger and stronger. You don't get this mental approach right you wont get the best out of your workouts, its your choice its down to you what you want.

When I talk about going to failure I mean were you can't push or pull another rep out no matter what, if someone had a gym to your head you still couldn't do another rep and your down to doing half cheated reps and quarters. Don't leave anything in the tank for the next set don't even be thinking about the next set, failure means you cant lift or pull that weight on your own even if your life depended on it. So when I say failure don't disregard it as when the lactic acid starts flowing through your muscles and you start to think this is my last rep, oh no failure means failure and you cant do another rep or even half rep and you have come to positive failure.

When I talk about beyond failure this is when I implement either forced and negatives after total positive failure, rest pause at positive failure or drop setting at positive failure. These are methods to take you beyond the failure and into a zone of extreme hell, this will recruit further fibres to execute the movement which in turn will put serious over load on the muscle and the body will have no alternative but to grow bigger and stronger. TALKING ABOUT IT IS EASY DOING IS A DIFFERENT MATTER.

You have told me

Your workout 5 days per week Mon to Fri and have weekends off
    You have a 2 hour window in the morning for cardio and training
    95% of the time you can get someone to spot and assist you
    Shoulders are the worse bodypart, and you have issues with upper chest, chest delt tie-in's, back thickness, traps and tri's
    You can squat, leg press, hack squat

I am going explain while I go through the workout so you fully understand whats expected, as the workout expands I wont need to carry on explaining but for the first few workouts I will go into detail so you know what your doing and should be feeling.

Monday

Shoulders - method - failure + forced + negatives

DB seated shoulder press

2 warm up sets - do high reps and increase the weight on the second set to get a feel were your going to be starting with the working set. After your first warm up set stretch each shoulder for 30 seconds and make sure you get as much blood in that area as possible, if you fancy doing some light lateral raises do them aswell or you fancy doing 3 warm up sets just do what ever it takes for you to get fully warmed up for the working set.

working set - to failure + forced +negatives

Pick a weight were your going to be at failure around 4-6 reps, you should be able to judge this right knowing your PB and how you feel on the day, you also got a 4-6 rep range to target at failure so you should be able to judge this within that set rep range. Get your spotter to help you up with one of the bells and start pressing until your at failure - remember what failure means so you will be down to doing half reps and your spotter will help you up on the half rep to complete your reps - now your at positive failure and we are going into forced reps- do around 2-3 forced reps the reason why I say only 2-3 forced reps because if you have truly gone to failure on your own and you have left anything in the tank for the forced reps you should be only able to do around 2 or 3 at the most with the help of your spotter, so do 2-3 forced reps and now your at total positive failure and its impossible to do any more even assisted with your spotter. Your bells are at the top and now we are going to do 2-3 negatives so slowly lower the weight down and try and keep it under control - this is were the serious pain is going to enter your body you think the forced was painful then this is a whole new world, once at the bottom get your spotter to help you to the top again and do another negative slowly lowering the weight down, if you feel you got another in your for 3 negs go for it, doesn't matter if you fail so long as you have gone to total negative failure. That's muscle has now recruited every fibre inside it to complete that set and you have put it in serious overload and your body has no other option but to grow bigger and stronger by building more muscle.

If by any chance you feel you can do another working set then do another one but you will need to adjust the weight being used to a lighter one, some can do 2 working sets, others put that much into the working set its impossible to do the same again, see how you go with that one lol.

Now your only going to have 1 min rest so within the next min go and get ready for the next movement which will be either

DB side laterals

machine side laterals

cable side laterals

With this example I am going to go with seated side laterals

1min rest over

2 feel sets - get a light weight start judging what your going to be doing for your working set, get the feel of the movement right and make sure your warmed up, after the pressing you should be. Get your spotter to sit behind you for your working set

working set - to failure + forced + negatives

Pick a weight were your going to be failing around 4-6 reps - strict form with these at first and try and slightly have your little finger higher than your thumb at shoulder level, this will target the outside lateral head cap. Go to failure until your doing half cheat reps and go down to quarter cheat reps, this movement is ideal for this - so failure means you cant lift them to your side not even for a quarter rep - now get your spotter to help you do another 2-3 forced reps - your delts will be screaming in pain here, serious pump and you just want to throw the bells down but don't, do the forced reps and once at total positive failure go with 2 negatives - get your spotter to help you to the top and slowly lower the bells - lol i'm laughing because at tis stage it wont be slow but I want you to really try and hold that weight from dropping down to your side - do 2-3 negs in this fashion. You should now know what pain means because ngative pain is a whole new ball game, welcome to the pain zone my friend.

After 1 min rest do another working set but adjust the bells to suit- lower the weight and try and hit the 4-6 rep range to failure even down to half cheat and quarter cheat reps, 2 forced reps and 2 neg reps - your delts now should be very pumped and aching like never before, usually the only rest you can give them is to hold them high up but remember 1 min rest and get ready for the next movement

Side note: An alternative to the seated side laterals which you can try these and implemented them every other week

single side laterals superset with single upright row

3 working sets of 8 reps to failure then straight into single upright rows for another 8+ reps see video as an example MuscleTech: "60 Seconds on Muscle" One Arm Upright Row - YouTube

Rear DB laterals, machine rear laterals

Same thing as side laterals

2 feel sets

2 working sets to failure + forced + negs

BB shrugs - best if you can do these off squat safety bars or a power rack so you don't have to bend over and take it off the floor. Your not doing forced or negs with shrugs because it doesn't work right so the best way to go beyond failure with shrugs is dropsets.

One min rest from the rear laterals or close as you can to 1 min rest, if you need more time take it but try and keep rest time short around 1min or min and half, as you progress through this style you will adapt better to shorter rest periods and you will get it spot on to fully stimulate your muscle group so try always to keep rest period down and aim for 1 min rest..

2 feel sets - warm those traps up and get a feel of the weight, think about what your going to be doing for your working set, pull your shoulder right up towards your ears and right down and stretch.

working set - load the bar and strap yourself to it and your going to be trying to hit failure at around 4-6 reps, right down to half cheat reps with these until you cant lift the bar up at all, then get your spotter to take some weight off the bar either side and aim for another 4-6 reps, if you go higher doesn't matter keep going until total failure, then get your spotter to take more weight off the bar and rep straight away and go for all out, rep until your doing half cheat reps down to quarter cheat reps, rest the bar and let it stretch the traps out and rep again until you cant do anymore, this is your last movement, last reps and your going home so rep until your neck feels like its going to drop off, hold and stretch the bar on the last drop set and go to total positive failure.

Shoulders done, if your not totally fuked, extremely pumped and feel like you have grown 2 inches all over you didn't do it hard enough, if you do feel this well done go home and eat or shake.

Tuesday

Back -going to go with drop setting the back routine because we have already done forced and negs but I will explain further about the beyond failure methods at the end. With back its all about the mind muscle connection and not using the arms and concentrating on using the back muscles. Stretch and squeeze while using the arms as hooks and with any pulldown movement make sure your back is arched otherwise you are not contracting the back muscles and will be using the arms, feel the squeeze and think about squeezing the shoulder blades together and cracking a nut in-between them, if your back is rounded it wont contract and you have just move the weight with your arms, too much weight and you will have to round the back so get the weight right, get the movement right and stretch and squeeze each rep and feel the muscle work in the back.

Close grip pull downs palms facing each other

2 warm up sets - high reps in-between sets while resting for the min you need to be stretching those lats out, every time you finish a set stretch those lats out and pull.

working set - use a weight what you will be hitting around 4-6 reps in strict form, I mean your back contracting so your stretching those lats out at the top and squeezing them when you pull the bar to your upper chest area - once at failure drop some weight off the stack and aim for another 4 reps - you can either get someone to drop the weight for you or unstrap yourself from the bar and do it but it must be quick - once at failure drop set again and rep till you drop right down to half reps.

2nd working set - if you feel there is more do the same as above but with lighter weight.

wide grip pulldowns
    same as above

BB bent over rowing -failure + drop set

45 degree angle works for me, take stress of my lower back and also builds the biggest part of the back and adds slabs of tissue all over the upper section.

1 feel set - high reps over ten and feel the weight and get the movement right, think about what your going to be able to do on your working set for 4-6 reps.

working set - Load the bar strap yourself to it and row, aiming for 4-6 reps at failure take weight off each side and rep again until failure, then take more weight off and repeat till failure and at all times keep form and back arched to your back muscle do the work and not your biceps. Doubt you will be able to do another after that if done right.

One arm dumbbell rows or seated single arm hammer strength row- either will do

1 feel set - and start thinking about your working set and what your going to be doing

working set - aim for 4-6 reps - dropset the weight and aim for 4-6 reps and dropset again until failure

Dead lifts

straight sets - don't dropset deads, just creep the weight up but make sure you don't put the weight down on the floor after each rep, many do and its wrong, we are not powerlifting we are building so once you got a weight your going to be aiming for 6-8 reps and lower the weight to around half way down the shin bone and back up, keep tension on the lower back, from half way down the shin bone and to the floor is pointless and can damage the back, try these and watch your back explode in size, work the weight up and aim for 6-8 reps all the time.

Wednesday

Chest -failure + forced + negatives

Incline DB press

2 warm up sets - high reps and stretch in between sets for the min
    working set - use a weight aiming to hit 4-6 reps at failure - 2-3 forced reps to failure , then 2 negatives

Incline DB flyes

2 feel sets - high reps and starting think about your working set weight
    working set - aim for 4-6 reps but get your spotter to put his fingers on the inside of your wrists and make sure you are wide enough and when your at the bottom tell him he needs to put some gentle pressure on your wrists and take you down a further inch or so, yes this is going to hurt, yes this is hell but at failure do 2-3 forced reps and then 2 negatives. You should be totally zoned out now and listening to bells ringing in your ears.

Decline BB/ decline DB/ Flat hammer strength/ flat DB press - any of these will do you pick

2 feel sets - you know the score
    working set - failure then 2-3 forced reps then 2 negatives

flat flyes/ decline flyes

2 feel sets
    working set as incline flyes - say hello to pain

Thursday
    Legs - going to pre exhausted them so your knee's are fully warmed up for the assault later one

Leg extensions

2 warm up sets - high reps, stretch in between sets, 1 min rest like usually, need another warm up take it, make sure your fully ready for your working set.

working set -rest pause - use a weight were your hitting 4-6 reps at total failure stop and take 15 deep breaths and repeat rep till you reach total failure, this could be anything right now from 2 reps to 6 reps but rep till total failure and then drop the weight and take 15 deep breaths and repeat till total failure, do this until you cant do one rep after 15 breaths. Pain isn't the word here its hell.

1min rest and over the the next movement which is squats

squats - rest pause

2 warm up sets - makes ure your in a good position and your feeling the weight and know what your going to attempt to lift on your working set, all about mind set and getting ready the feel sets.

working set - rest pause - use a weight what you will be hitting 8 reps, this weight would be probably less than you normally squat because you pre exhausted your quads and also the rest pause you just gone through on extension. So we are aiming for around 6-8 reps higher rep range with squats. Squat till failure and rack, breath for 15 deep breaths and repeat squat till your at failure, doesn't matter how many, rack and 15 deep breaths and repeat till you can squat, you should be at your limit now but if not repeat till you are doing one rep at max.

At this stage you will be cursing me and thinking of going home but not yet

1 min rest and over the
    hack squat
    2 feel sets
    working set - rest pause
    aim for 6-8 reps to failure and 15 deep breaths and repeat, you know the score from here keep doing rest pause until your doing one rep at max

1 min rest

lying leg curls
    2 feel sets
    working set - rest pause
    aim for 6-8 reps to failure and use the rest pause as described

1 min rest

BB lunges
    2 light weight high reps to failure each time

Calves
    seated calves raises
    2 warm up sets - high reps - stretch in between sets
    working set - aim for 8-10 reps to failure, rest pause like the above 2/3 times till your doing one rep

Friday

Arms
    standing ez curls or BB curls
    2 warm up sets and stretch in between sets
    working set -failure +forced + negs

aim for 4-6 reps to failure + 2-3 forced + 2-3 negs

Incline DB curls
    2 feel sets - high reps, 1 min rest, stretch in between sets
    working set
    aim for 4-6 reps each side to failure + 2-3 forced + 2-3 negs

preacher curls/ bent over concentration curls
    working set straight away -aim for 4-6 reps + 2-3 forced and 2-3 negs

Forearm curls over knees
    2 working sets to failure high reps

Tricep

pushdowns
    2 warm up sets - 1min rest stretch and get ready for a triple drop set
    working set - aim for 4-6 reps to failure - drop set aim for 4-6 failure -drop set rep till total failure

close grip press, try and do it on a smith machine so you can rack it instantly at failure
    2 feels sets - get use to the weight and start think about what your going to be using for the working set
    working set - aim for 4-6 reps to failure, drop set and aim for 4-6 reps to failure and drop set again till failure

Seated one arm DB overhead extension

2 feel sets
    working set - aim for 4-6 reps to failure and rest pause - 15 deep breaths and repeat to failure and rest pause till your doing only one rep

Fit your cardio in around your working week 3 x per week but not before training

Also add your abs 3 x weekly say on Mon, Wed and Fri

You can see you can use any of the methods ive mentioned to take you past failure, either rest pause, drop sets or forced and negs. You can also use mix them up like I did with arms for you on different movements. The more you work with this routine and you will get to know how your body responds with these protocols so you can mix them up to suit your body, you may well like drop setting better and your body grows with these the better than rest pause, but use them all and you will be able to design the perfect training routine to suit you to stimulate the most growth. On a personal note I prefer drop setting my biceps and rest pausing my triceps, I also prefer forced and negs on chest but like drop setting on delts....Use what works but most of all get the mental attitude and aggression needed to go in the gym for 45 mins 5 days per week to train with the intensity as describe above. Your only training the whole body once because if its done right you wont need to train it again and it will need to recover. Once per week for around 45mins, with 1 in rest in between set and learn how to go to failure and beyond and you will open a growth window..

Remember failure means failure don't leave anything in the tank for the next set or what you think you may have to do, its the current set your doing so go all out and go to failure then introduce one of the protocols to go beyond failure and recruit as many fibres as possible.
    almostgone, DCI, clarky. and 2 others like this.

waffle double post

^^^ That's the split. F-in love that schedule. Just feels "right" to me.
    marcus300 likes this.

^^^ That's the split. F-in love that schedule. Just feels "right" to me.
    Yeah it suited me for a long time and I made some serious gains from it but in my latter yrs I did stretch this routine out further and further with more rest days lol
    DCI and almostgone like this.

Morning fellas/ladies, arms are fried this morning. At work just now, catch up later.
    marcus300 and almostgone like this.

Ohhh I know it!!!

Yiu said it like me I finish with rev cable flys and then Press

And X2 or 3 Kel got me on these and really separates your rear delt from the shoulder better than any other ex's I've done!

Looking big, solid and thick mate! When's your next 'wee blast'
    Was ment to be start of oct with AG, but i got my appointmemt for the endo (yearly) so it will be end of oct.

And thank you.
    NACH3 likes this.

LOL, you know nothing about being fat, , that's my specialty.
    Looking good, Clarky!
    thank you mate, i'll get there.
    almostgone likes this.

Was ment to be start of oct with AG, but i got my appointmemt for the endo (yearly) so it will be end of oct.
    And thank you.

I hope to start maybe around the second week of October-ish +/-. Won't be too far ahead of you. Still debating on whether to just run test @ TRT + level or burn up some primo as well. Probably will wait and see how my blood chemistry comes back from the Dr. vs. the labs I just pulled.
    Blood work values were a little off on the online labs, but not horrible. My total iron binding capacity is too good, unbound iron, serum iron, and ferritin could be better, but they aren't flat out horrible...much. Won't get into the RDW, MCV, MCH, RBC, etc. Hematocrit is tolerable and hemoglobin is workable. Probably will do a whole blood donation early this week which should help some.
    Should be getting my Total T, free T, and E2 levels this week. Total T looked good on the incomplete labs.
    Last edited by almostgone; 09-16-2017 at 04:32 AM.
    marcus300 and clarky. like this.

Blood................. I salute you and let you know, that its time for me to go.

hollowedzeus is offline Productive Member
    Deadlifts without touching the floor sound insane. Didnt realise that was a thing. I might give that a go tonight.

The strain on the spine must be prettt intense. Id imagine the weight is vastly lowered from conventional deadlifts

Thread Information