Like Tree79787Likes

Thread: **Marcus's HIT Dungeon**

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Dang....Monday again. Here's to a decent week, well, after a cup of coffee.
    Proximal and clarky. like this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Yep, need a better week than last!

Pissed some excellence this morning, so that helps!

Punch today in the face!
    clarky. likes this.

Proximal is offline Banned
    Second that. Coffee in hand.

timetolift5 is offline Associate Member
    What’s up everyone? Still pretty new to the forum. Just finished up my first forum comp with cape and all those guys. Looking for a new room to hang out in if that’s even what it’s called lol. Never really done forums before

Quote Originally Posted by timetolift5 View Post
    What’s up everyone? Still pretty new to the forum. Just finished up my first forum comp with cape and all those guys. Looking for a new room to hang out in if that’s even what it’s called lol. Never really done forums before
    Shoot yeah, always glad to have another face in the mix. Most of us lean towards the HIT approach to lifting, but everyone has their own way of getting the job done.

Welcome to the madness!!
    clarky. and timetolift5 like this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Welcome! You've got the ink, you've got the beard (sigma, lol). One question from me - choice of music?
    Last edited by Proximal; 04-08-2019 at 10:09 AM.
    almostgone and timetolift5 like this.

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Welcome!
    almostgone and timetolift5 like this.

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Did back earlier, good session.

WG PD 4 Sets of 15

CG PD 5 sets of 12

CG cable row 5 sets of 10

Low hammer row 3 sets of 8

Straight arm pd 4 sets of 12

Done.

Volume work again, i might go back to hit i'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by clarky. View Post
    Did back earlier, good session.

WG PD 4 Sets of 15

CG PD 5 sets of 12

CG cable row 5 sets of 10

Low hammer row 3 sets of 8

Straight arm pd 4 sets of 12

Done.

Volume work again, i might go back to hit i'll see.
    I'm getting the "wee blast" started, Clarky! Went into work early, worked over, but it's on!!!

I'm planning on easing back in with a couple of working sets myself and then in 4-6 weeks start cranking up the intensity more and possibly scale back to one working set on some stuff.

Also, the maxillofacial office called today and have worked me in Thursday. Probably won't do anything ( knowing my luck), just look and go "yeah, that tooth is split" and then schedule me for another visit for the first part of the procedure. That's the feeling I get anyway, but that's better than waiting until May 9?
    Last edited by almostgone; 04-08-2019 at 04:08 PM.
    Proximal and clarky. like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Proximal View Post
    Welcome! You've got the ink, you've got the beard (sigma, lol). One question from me - choice of music?
    Mainly country, metal, and rock. I switch a lot and depends on the mood. Partying would be country hands down, gym would definitely be metal or hard rock. I have started getting into country rap lately. I hate regular rap though, guess I just can’t relate to it like country rap.
    Proximal likes this.

Shoot yeah, always glad to have another face in the mix. Most of us lean towards the HIT approach to lifting, but everyone has their own way of getting the job done.

Welcome to the madness!!

Still somewhat new to weight training as well. About a year and a half in. Can’t say I’m familiar with HIT weight training. I’ve been doing mostly powerlifting to get my strength up cause I don’t want to be the guy in the gym that’s big but can’t lift shit O.o and bodybuilding with keeping compound lifts in at 5-8 rep range and everything else at 12-15 range

Still somewhat new to weight training as well. About a year and a half in. Can’t say I’m familiar with HIT weight training. I’ve been doing mostly powerlifting to get my strength up cause I don’t want to be the guy in the gym that’s big but can’t lift shit O.o and bodybuilding with keeping compound lifts in at 5-8 rep range and everything else at 12-15 range
    Go check out page 41 of this thread. There's a detailed post on there by Marcus that will give you an overview.

Lifting HIT style isn't a requirement for the thread though, lol. It will just give you an idea of where a lot of us get the basis for our approach and then tweak to suit our injuries, capabilities, or preferences.

More than anything though, we support each other, cut up together, and just plain have fun.
    Last edited by almostgone; 04-08-2019 at 05:09 PM.
    Proximal, timetolift5 and clarky. like this.

I'm getting the "wee blast" started, Clarky! Went into work early, worked over, but it's on!!!

I'm planning on easing back in with a couple of working sets myself and then in 4-6 weeks start cranking up the intensity more and possibly scale back to one working set on some stuff.

Also, the maxillofacial office called today and have worked me in Thursday. Probably won't do anything ( knowing my luck), just look and go "yeah, that tooth is split" and then schedule me for another visit for the first part of the procedure. That's the feeling I get anyway, but that's better than waiting until May 9?
    Fingers crossed!
    almostgone and clarky. like this.

Yeeeees! great stuff, i feel good doing some volume just now AG, like you i will start putting the poundage up as i get going.

Great news there mate, so fucking annoying tjey have to see it first then make another appointment to fix it, ffs they have s report on it fuck so they know what's wrong.
    Proximal and almostgone like this.

tarmyg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Damn good leg workout today. Always loved training legs and any type of squats especially. Set a new 10rm on back squat at 286 lb. Would like to hit a 1rm at 440 in the next 3-years if possible.

Crushed my bicep workout yesterday (despite being a horrible day overall). I've been doing a much higher volume this cycle - generally 4-5 exercises per body part with either 6 WS of 8 or 8 WS of 6. Plus throw in double or triple drops on some of the final sets. The DOMS has been off the charts for me.

Nice workouts guys!

T, amazing transformation on the competition! You have a really aesthetic physique, incredible proportions, etc. Looking forward to your upcoming contest pics.

Hi fellas/ladies, did legs the night as ma tri's are still a little tender just s tad so i will get chest done on Thursday.

Hack squat 4 sets

Incline press 5 sets

Seated calf 5 sets

Leg ex 4 a side

Done, like a said last wk they got a load of new gear in, Hack and seated calf are two of them.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190409_165300.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	826.0 KB 
ID:	176407

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190409_165303.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	867.9 KB 
ID:	176408

Went heavy the night, not on leg ex though.
    almostgone, Proximal and Igifuno like this.

Today was chest for me
    BB Bench 5x95~4x135~2x155~1x175
    190x7/4/3
    Incline BB Bench 160x9/6/4
    DB Bench 120x14/9/7
    Incline DB Bench 100x12/10/9
    Pause DB Bench (10sec pause) 80x7~70x10
    Incline Pause DB Bench (10 sec pause) 60x10/10
    Ab Crunch Machine 90x25/25
    Torso Rotation 80x25/25
    Hanging Leg Raise 25/22
    Stair Climber 10min 40 flights

Great. Be assertive. Or take Mrs AG to be assertive.

Split tooth needs attention....I’m not in medical field but that seems all around NOK.

From google

The most critical risk of leaving a cracked tooth unaddressed is the possibility of abscess formation. ... Left untreated, this can lead to tooth loss and serious complications, including sepsis (blood infection), osteomyelitis (bone infection), and cavernous sinus thrombosis (life-threatening blood clot).Nov 5, 2015
    Proximal, almostgone and clarky. like this.

Ya all making me look bad...no gym again!

Nice work fellas.
    Proximal, timetolift5 and clarky. like this.

I can’t believe it! I got my very first “are you on steroids ” of my life today from a co-worker.

GH, you f’n genius! In 3 months you put me on a low dose, minimal to no side cycle that for the first time in my life has people asking me just what the hell I’m doing.

I can’t wait for when school’s out at the end of May & the next cycle.

Old Duffer is offline Senior Member
    I can’t believe it! I got my very first “are you on steroids ” of my life today from a co-worker.

GH, you f’n genius! In 3 months you put me on a low dose, minimal to no side cycle that for the first time in my life has people asking me just what the hell I’m doing.

Love it Prox!
    Proximal likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Duffer View Post
    Love it Prox!
    TY Duff! You were a big part of my motivation.
    Old Duffer likes this.

Blog Entries

I honestly would not leave the office until they pulled that out. That stuff can get crazy serious if not dealt with in time. You got the intimidating size, might want to use that to your advantage ;-)

Blog Entries
    Crushed my bicep workout yesterday (despite being a horrible day overall). I've been doing a much higher volume this cycle - generally 4-5 exercises per body part with either 6 WS of 8 or 8 WS of 6. Plus throw in double or triple drops on some of the final sets. The DOMS has been off the charts for me.

Nice workouts guys!

T, amazing transformation on the competition! You have a really aesthetic physique, incredible proportions, etc. Looking forward to your upcoming contest pics.
    Appreciate it! Got no desire to be 245 and a bodybuilder, just Physique will be enough for me as I want to go back to CrossFit the day (Whenever the hell that is) that we are moving back home because I have physically never felt better and more injury free while doing that.
    Proximal likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post
    Great. Be assertive. Or take Mrs AG to be assertive.

Split tooth needs attention....I’m not in medical field but that seems all around NOK.

From google

The most critical risk of leaving a cracked tooth unaddressed is the possibility of abscess formation. ... Left untreated, this can lead to tooth loss and serious complications, including sepsis (blood infection), osteomyelitis (bone infection), and cavernous sinus thrombosis (life-threatening blood clot).Nov 5, 2015
    Haven't thought about it that way.Thanks, GGR, I'll use that for persuasion!!I
    I already almost shot the crapper from bacteremia in '07 and have a genetic disorder that makes me prone to producing clots.
    Dang thing hurts, but the first visit is tomorrow, so hopefully something will be done.

Edit: I'm already on Clindamycin for the access.
    Last edited by almostgone; 04-10-2019 at 02:27 AM.
    clarky. likes this.

Good morning everyone! AG, good luck with the tooth man!
    almostgone and clarky. like this.

Good morning everyone! AG, good luck with the tooth man!
    Thanks, Prox. Sitting here eyeballing a pair of Vise-Grip pliers right now.
    Been swishing Listerine about every 30 minutes. It hurts at first but then eases it off a little. I'll lubricate it with corn juice when I get home!!
    Proximal, clarky. and timetolift5 like this.

Thanks, Prox. Sitting here eyeballing a pair of Vise-Grip pliers right now.
    Been swishing Listerine about every 30 minutes. It hurts at first but then eases it off a little. I'll lubricate it with corn juice when I get home!!
    The corn juice, is there a taste to that or is it just meant to slam down? Severe burn to it?

Today was chest for me
    BB Bench 5x95~4x135~2x155~1x175
    190x7/4/3
    Incline BB Bench 160x9/6/4
    DB Bench 120x14/9/7
    Incline DB Bench 100x12/10/9
    Pause DB Bench (10sec pause) 80x7~70x10
    Incline Pause DB Bench (10 sec pause) 60x10/10
    Ab Crunch Machine 90x25/25
    Torso Rotation 80x25/25
    Hanging Leg Raise 25/22
    Stair Climber 10min 40 flights
    Nice session T.
    timetolift5 likes this.

kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks

Awesome! Congrats!
    Proximal likes this.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

Hi fellas/Girly, rest day for me the night. Chest the mora, AG, hope they get the finger out the Mora mate.

Legs are nice and sore the day, work wasn't to good lol.
    almostgone likes this.

good stuff prox, makes you feel good that ppl notice. What you running prox ? What you planning for your next cycle ?.
    almostgone likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by clarky. View Post
    good stuff prox, makes you feel good that ppl notice. What you running prox ? What you planning for your next cycle ?.
    Test 200/wk
    Var 40/day
    Clen & T3
    2iu HGH
    (All added one at a time to check sides)
    3 wks ago added Tren 75/wk (I'm guessing this is where this last change came about out of nowhere)
    Recently added Dbol as a pre workout

2 more weeks left with this combination.

Only thing I know is that I want to add insulin this Summer & add more HGH (don't want to have either and the syringes at school). I'm leaving the rest up to GH's brilliance as I clearly do not have a clue and it's far too late at this age to experiment blindly.
    Last edited by Proximal; 04-10-2019 at 01:01 PM.

Test 200/wk
    Var 40/day
    Clen & T3
    2iu HGH
    (All added one at a time to check sides)
    3 wks ago added Tren 75/wk (I'm guessing this is where this last change came about out of nowhere)
    Recently added Dbol as a pre workout

2 more weeks left with this combination.

Only thing I know is that I want to add insulin this Summer & add more HGH (don't want to have either and the syringes at school). I'm leaving the rest up to GH's brilliance as I clearly do not have a clue and it's far too late at this age to experiment blindly.
    Nice, even better will low to no sides.

TY. The only thing that really caused an issue with me was that the clen made me feel pretty lousy.

Clean isn't really for me either. Not knocking it, but if I feel the need for a stimulant, I have other preferences....all pharmaceutical.
    None of that stuff the tweakers and chronics do is for me.

TY. The only thing that really caused an issue with me was that the clen made me feel pretty lousy.

That's something i have never used prox, i have thought about it a few times. I will try it at some point.

Glad I tried, got nice results, but after 8 weeks had to stop.

2 days without it & I feel tons better.

My God, I can only imagine what all you guys have gone through with trial & error through the years.

The corn juice, is there a taste to that or is it just meant to slam down? Severe burn to it?
    It's an acquired taste, Prox. If you're slow sipping without any water it's not too bad. I've learned to eyeball about the equivalent of what would be 30mm depth or so in a regular coffee cup when drinking from a jar. If you slam it down, then there's no way around the 190 proof taste, but again you get acclimated.

A family in pulpwood territory has been at it for ages, I think the old man is in his '80s. Still as sly and spry as a fox. His family logs and the older generation does the shine, the younger generation is more geared towards "medicinal" horticulture. Extremely good people if they know you, very gentle and kind.

On the other hand, they have completely written almost all of the youngest family members due to their tweaker habits. The youngest ones burned down 1 barn and got caught stealing, which the rest of the family won't tolerate so they ran the young ones off. No inheritance, they are on trespass order, and I feel sorry for them if the try to cross the older guys. They wouldn't hesitate to plant them in skull orchard instead of the family cemetery on their land.

Really solid people though; their family has had their mass acreage since before the French Huguenots came over in mid 1700's or so and if I recall correctly the blended in with the early Presbyterian Church in my part of the country?

Edit: I didn't mean to embark on a history lesson, sorry gals and guys.

Thread Information