Page 218 of 1534 FirstFirst ... 1181682082132142152162172182192202212222232282683187181218 ... LastLast
Results 8,681 to 8,720 of 61340
Like Tree79787Likes

Thread: **Marcus's HIT Dungeon**

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Cranberry juice works better
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    Thanks guys. Should have asked earlier

biggjd69 is offline Associate Member
    Got a question. Do you guys still use HIT training when cutting? It appears to me that the reduced calories and increase cardio would effect the intensity needed for HIT. Your thoughts

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Got my lift in tonight before getting ready for.work.
    Standing EZ curl
    2 feel sets
    Work- 5 strong reps 4 cheat reps w/ sloooow negatives
    Incline db curl
    2 feel sets
    Work 5-rp-4-4 cheat w/ slow neg
    Cable preacher curl
    Work 3-rp-2-rp-2 slow neg.
    Wrist curl
    Work w/ palms up - to failure
    Work w/palms down- to.failure
    Triceps press down
    2 feel sets
    Work- 4, drop, 6, drop to failure
    Close grip bench
    2 feel sets
    Work 5-drop-4-4-drop-to failure

Wanted to do some skullcrushers or db extensions but ran out of time : ( Need to budget my time a tad better). Tris felt nice and full for the first time in a while. Biceps just feel...toasted???? : )

Igifuno is offline AR's Italian Tonic
    Blog Entries
    You can do HIT trainig regardless of your goals, you may just adjust your weight, reps and rest time between a bulking and cutting HIT routine.

For example, while bulking, we are utilizing the HIT method, but maximizing the resistance weight in an effort to stimulate the most growth, and so we choose a weight we can only rep a low number of times, focusing on the type 2b muscle fibers, which fatige quickly.

When cutting, slow twitch type 1 and fast twitch by 2a muscle fibers are used more as lighter weight, lower reps and a higher intensity cardio routine is common methodology with respect to the cutting process.

Let there be no mistake about it, energy can definitetly be an issue when cutting, I much prefer bulking But the lower weight higher reps allows you more energy to spend as opposed to some of the heavier weight advanced training techniques we speak about in here.

Does that help big?
    Java Man likes this.

Java Man is offline Known Troll
    Quote Originally Posted by ghettoboyd View Post
    im off to work but plan on a chest and biceps onslaught, cant wait....ive just started to go back to 2x week injections(I was doing it once a week for the last 3 months cruising at 200mg a week) and after 2 weeks my energy levels are off the charts...I forgot how beneficial 2x a week can be and how good you can feel with stable levels...anyways feelin good..have a good day peeps...
    Huge difference isn't it. hopefully some trt doctors read this many are still stuck on 70's and 80's thinking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Igifuno View Post
    Lol... 2 out of 3 ain't bad.
    Yeah but I'd have gladly traded one of the two I did have for the one I didn't
    Igifuno likes this.

biggjd69 is offline Associate Member
    As always, thanks IG. You the man
    Igifuno likes this.

So I looked up the winner of the state championship where I live..... here's my competition.....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013GardenState_3008.JPG 
Views:	265 
Size:	107.6 KB 
ID:	146831Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013GardenState_3010.JPG 
Views:	262 
Size:	130.3 KB 
ID:	146832Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013GardenState_3011.JPG 
Views:	256 
Size:	91.6 KB 
ID:	146833Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013GardenState_3016.JPG 
Size:	126.8 KB 
ID:	146834

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

He won the overall..... not sure what division. I've got more size to put on before I attempt this but i'm definately going for it. I'd like to shoot for this year but i'll never make it. Not with 3 weddings before the show. The earliest i'd be able to compete would be october I think. The state championships are in June....

- Knockout_Power

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    So I looked up the winner of the state championship where I live..... here's my competition.....

Name:	2013GardenState_3008.JPG 
Views:	265 
Size:	107.6 KB 
ID:	146831Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013GardenState_3010.JPG 
Size:	130.3 KB 
ID:	146832Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013GardenState_3011.JPG 
Views:	256 
Size:	91.6 KB 
ID:	146833Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013GardenState_3016.JPG 
Size:	126.8 KB 
ID:	146834
    Meh....you got the win!
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Here's another NPC national qualifier show from last year..... this guy took overall

Name:	2013NJSuburban_Finals0927.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	57.3 KB 
ID:	146835

- Knockout_Power

Blog Entries
    Yeah first dude looks good.. do you know his stats? on/off season?

Yeah first dude looks good.. do you know his stats? on/off season?
    No clue.... can't find any info at all.... not even weight class.

- Knockout_Power

Blog Entries
    Cant tell how big the 2nd guys is but looks like you got him size-wize. First guy has a great look

You can do HIT trainig regardless of your goals, you may just adjust your weight, reps and rest time between a bulking and cutting HIT routine.

For example, while bulking, we are utilizing the HIT method, but maximizing the resistance weight in an effort to stimulate the most growth, and so we choose a weight we can only rep a low number of times, focusing on the type 2b muscle fibers, which fatige quickly.

When cutting, slow twitch type 1 and fast twitch by 2a muscle fibers are used more as lighter weight, lower reps and a higher intensity cardio routine is common methodology with respect to the cutting process.

Let there be no mistake about it, energy can definitetly be an issue when cutting, I much prefer bulking But the lower weight higher reps allows you more energy to spend as opposed to some of the heavier weight advanced training techniques we speak about in here.

Does that help big?
    . Listen to your body, too. You can't do HIT 24/7 year round. If it feels wrong, it probably is. Intensity is not synonymous with heavy or light / low rep high rep. When I come out of the gym, my shirt is soaked either way. That's intensity. we've all seen people spend several HOURS on one muscle group and not break a.sweat. They will continue to look the same as long as that's what passes as intensity for them. Maybe that's their goal, and that's fine, but it seems to me anything worth doing should get 100% intensity applied.

I guess what I intended to say before I got all philosophical is you can do more reps with less weight, still using maximum intensity and still hitting muscular failure.
    Igifuno and almostgone like this.

The second dude is upper pec deficient compared to the first.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Yea I'd like to put more size on before competing. I know i'll be super heavy weight so I don't want to come in the smallest of em all lol!

It'll be interesting running this "Mock show" cut this spring. I can't wait to see how I look.

- Knockout_Power

Blog Entries
    It will be a nice trial run for you. What do you think you'll weigh at about 8-9%? What is the maximum you can compete at and have a chance? The first guy looks about 7-9% to me.. do you think less?

It will be a nice trial run for you. What do you think you'll weigh at about 8-9%? What is the maximum you can compete at and have a chance? The first guy looks about 7-9% to me.. do you think less?
    I have no idea what I'll weigh..... maybe 235ish? I'm just guessing based on a 25lb fat loss. This will be interesting for sure. Atleast I'll look good for my sis' wedding LOL

- Knockout_Power

Blog Entries
    Indeed. It will give you a nice sense of what you can accomplish there.. I'm coming to your show man just let me know when/where.

He won the overall..... not sure what division. I've got more size to put on before I attempt this but i'm definately going for it. I'd like to shoot for this year but i'll never make it. Not with 3 weddings before the show. The earliest i'd be able to compete would be october I think. The state championships are in June....
    Said the guy who's 6'1", 260lbs... honestly haz, how much do you think you'd weigh if you got your bf% down to 5%? Arnold usually weighed around 235 when he won his olympias as you know. They got away with being softer than is acceptable now but a 70's olympia winner would still own the npc today imo. The hardest part is keeping the mass while shredding to 5-6%. If you hit the stage at 230-235 shredded you'd own it.

yea well arnie was 235 with a massive chest and 21-22" arms lol

i'm 260 with more fat, 19' arms, and a massively smaller chest haha

The fat I can shed.... i'm not worried about that. I mean.... I NEVER go above 14% even with no cardio. I'm confident with a tight diet and strict cardio I can get to 9-10% easily..... i've been there a few times already. It's the remaining few percent that i'm iffy about.

Idunno.... a spark was lit today just to look at the competition. I looked at a few years of winners and I wasn't "Blown away" so to speak. It's worth a shot.... even for the experience. I know the guys here will help me out
    Igifuno, almostgone and marcus300 like this.

- Knockout_Power

I meant to add that arnold was your height, which makes it relevant. You seem like you'd have the necessary.stage presence ie charisma too. That's a lot more important than I'd like to admit but it is called a 'show' for a reason. I doubt if I could attend of its on the East cost but I'd love to watch you get a pro qualifier that would be cool.
    Igifuno and almostgone like this.

I'm thinkin..... maybe marcus can lend me his arms..... kel his calves and affinity to block fat..... and fireguy his stage experience..... Ill be set
    Igifuno, Java Man and almostgone like this.

- Knockout_Power

yea well arnie was 235 with a massive chest and 21-22" arms lol

i'm 260 with more fat, 19' arms, and a massively smaller chest haha

The fat I can shed.... i'm not worried about that. I mean.... I NEVER go above 14% even with no cardio. I'm confident with a tight diet and strict cardio I can get to 9-10% easily..... i've been there a few times already. It's the remaining few percent that i'm iffy about.

Idunno.... a spark was lit today just to look at the competition. I looked at a few years of winners and I wasn't "Blown away" so to speak. It's worth a shot.... even for the experience. I know the guys here will help me out
    Like wrestling and any other sport for that matter, I think the contest day numbers are a tad exaggerated. A deep tan and below 10%bf works wonders lol. I forgot you know some pro/semi pro people. You don't need my help! I'd like to see you win it though.

Blog Entries
    I can't believe I'm still awake.. I'm literally falling asleep typing.. nite gents.

I'd say 7% max. He's not even flexing and I can see quad striations.

I can't believe I'm still awake.. I'm literally falling asleep typing.. nite gents.
    Nite ig

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Java Man View Post
    Nite ig
    You guys are hanging out in this thread a bit to much lately.

AD
    AD is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    You guys are hanging out in this thread a bit to much lately.
    this thread has surpassed DSM's.

Marcus' is longer than DSM's

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Quote Originally Posted by biggjd69 View Post
    Got a question. Do you guys still use HIT training when cutting? It appears to me that the reduced calories and increase cardio would effect the intensity needed for HIT. Your thoughts
    What built the muscle will keep the muscle so YES you can do HIT during a cut. Remember you cant do hit all year round there is a point were you need to take a pullback because you cant keep on attacking the body like you do without giving it a rest. On a pullback you just lower the intensity or don't use any of the beyond failure protocols. But no matter what your gaols are you can use HIT because what built your muscle will keep your muscle but always remember to not over work the body and take a pullback. I usually go around 5-8 weeks depending on my intensity then take a week or two for a pullback.
    Java Man likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Got my lift in tonight before getting ready for.work.
    Standing EZ curl
    2 feel sets
    Work- 5 strong reps 4 cheat reps w/ sloooow negatives
    Incline db curl
    2 feel sets
    Work 5-rp-4-4 cheat w/ slow neg
    Cable preacher curl
    Work 3-rp-2-rp-2 slow neg.
    Wrist curl
    Work w/ palms up - to failure
    Work w/palms down- to.failure
    Triceps press down
    2 feel sets
    Work- 4, drop, 6, drop to failure
    Close grip bench
    2 feel sets
    Work 5-drop-4-4-drop-to failure

Wanted to do some skullcrushers or db extensions but ran out of time : ( Need to budget my time a tad better). Tris felt nice and full for the first time in a while. Biceps just feel...toasted???? : )
    That should cause some reaction well done
    almostgone likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AD View Post
    this thread has surpassed DSM's.

Marcus' is longer than DSM's
    Oh I'm longer and a lot more thickness

I'm thinkin..... maybe marcus can lend me his arms..... kel his calves and affinity to block fat..... and fireguy his stage experience..... Ill be set
    I'll fight you to the death for kel's calves and I will also be releasing the adrenalin pre fight
    almostgone likes this.

-KJ- is offline Productive Member
    So day two of training hit.
    Shoulders and triceps.

DB Press - 2 feel sets, working set, triple drop set

Cable laterals - feel set, working set, drop set

Upright row - working set, fail on 2nd set at 6 reps

BB Shrugs - warmed up traps with a set of 15. Working set, triple drop set 7,6,6

Face pulls - feel set, 2 working sets

Dips - 3 sets 8, 8 , failed at 6

Vbar press down - feel set, working set, triple drop set

Rope extension - working set, double drop to failure.

Amazing workout!
    Java Man likes this.

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Yea I'd like to put more size on before competing. I know i'll be super heavy weight so I don't want to come in the smallest of em all lol!

It'll be interesting running this "Mock show" cut this spring. I can't wait to see how I look.

I wouldn't worry about being the smallest weight wise of them all. You have good proportions. Your conditioning is what will put you over the top. The first guys waist is a little bigger. He looks to be holding a little water not much but some. And that's the night show pic. Prejudging he could have been better. But there he's not shredded. With Your size and aesthetics if you hit your diet and come in low low bf. You'll beat him. Capes prediction.
    almostgone and Java Man like this.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard
    Speaking of fireguy, I haven't seen him around in a while

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Quote Originally Posted by Igifuno

Hey GGR! We welcome your interruption anytime.

I think that, of you've identified a weak area and want to focus on it and work it more than once in a week, that is fine.

The BB standard seems to be once in a week due to the extreme stress we're putting our muscles through.

If your goals can be met without putting that much stress on your fast twitch type 2b fibers, then you're repair process may be faster.

Now, this may also be contingent on your diet and the amount of muscle repair you get from protein intake etc., but those are my general thoughts.

I'm sure others will chime in.
    Thx lgifuno. I don't know what the fast twitch type 2b fibers are lol but my protein intake is more then avg female at slightly above 1g per 1 # total body mass, split throw out the day. I need to structure a program to built strength but need to maintain endurance. I have time to work this out since the event I will be training for is months out.

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Quote Originally Posted by chadcuz1985

I agree. If the overload on the muscle is not taken to the extreme i.e. beyond failure sets I wouldn't see a problem with hitting a muscle group every 3-4 days if you are merely just "toning" the muscle and not trying to build ridiculous amounts of mass.
    Thx Chad. I will prolly switch up training to ^^^ approach after I build strength. My issue will be maintaining muscle while training for endurance of 10-12 mile run. Thx u!

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post
    Thx lgifuno. I don't know what the fast twitch type 2b fibers are lol but my protein intake is more then avg female at slightly above 1g per 1 # total body mass, split throw out the day. I need to structure a program to built strength but need to maintain endurance. I have time to work this out since the event I will be training for is months out.
    GGr I wrote this around 100 pages back which explains why the type 2b fibers are the ones we are trying to bring into practise with HIT and it also explains a lot more about muscle fibers..

With HIT training we are specifically trying to stimulate a certain type of muscle fiber. We have different muscle fibers in the body and once you know how to train certain ones and the importance of making these grow you can design the ideal training routine to suit your goals. We are all aiming to add muscle tissue and we have to put ourselves under stress by progressively overloading our bodies so they have no alternative but to grow. All muscle contraction starts by nerves being activated, the stronger the nerve signal the more forceful muscle contraction can be applied to the lift. The nerves first get activated by the brain and this is where the mind muscle connection comes into play. I am always saying that you must get yourself in the right mind set for the working set, there are many ways to do this and ive explained many ways in my thread how I go about doing it, but the stronger the mind before the working set the better contraction and force can be applied to the muscle fibers. We can all do 10 reps with a certain weight but you can also really think about those ten reps and really activate the contraction in the muscle and work that muscle to the max and those reps will feel completely different. This is what separates a lot of people so before I move on really think about how you do reps and work that particular muscle to its max. I've seen many members saying they are doing so many reps with a certain amount of weight but I can say I bet a lot aren't really activating that muscle group to the max. Remember everything starts from within your brain, your inner self and how you go about attacking that working set. You have seen how I describe the zone I get myself into just prior to my working set and this is the zone you need to be in to fully work those muscle fibers to the max.

We are after activating the motoneurons within the network of nerves which is the signal for the muscle to contact, we have many different sizes but we are only interested in the large motonerurons which activate the large muscle fibers. We have slow switch and fast twitch fibers within the body and we are all made up of different amounts, that's why some of us grow bigger and faster and others struggle growing big thick muscles. Usually the guys who struggle with adding slabs of tissue on their frame are the guys who have more slow twitch fibers than fast, and the guys who are more genetically gifted with bodybuilding are the one who have more fast twitch. But either way you need to activate the fast twitch fibers and give yourself the best chance of building bigger larger muscles.The slow twitch ones are the ones what are more suited for endurance and are very resistant to fatigue the aerobic type athletes have a higher amount of these fibers over fast twitch.

Fast twitch muscle fibers are the ones we are concerned with activating and working. There are two types 2a and 2b. The type 2a ones are fibers which get activated when doing higher reps ranges lets say more than 12-15 reps, they are also the fibers what come into action around the 6-12 rep range. Type 2a fibers when activated correctly can grow in size and this is what many people tend to activate and see growth from when they start training. The type 2b fast twitch fibers are the ones what I adore lol these babies are the foundations of building bigger thicker muscles, if you activate these correctly they can grow tremendously in size and grow about 4 times the size of the 2a fast twitch fibers can, so you can see these are the ones what make the difference, but stimulating both type 2a and 2b fast twitch is getting the best out of both worlds but my personal aim and priority is to stimulate the type 2b fast twitch fibers and seriously breakdown these to get me some serious size on my frame.

What's the best way to stimulate the 2b fast twitch muscle fibers I hear you asking, well ive described it all the way through my thread but let me go over it again so you understand how important it is to have the right mind set what I speak of all the time and what kind of stimulation is needed to activate these tough fibers. Usually during a set of about 6-12 reps the type 2a are activated, you know the sets were your repping away and start struggle a little bit and rack it and move on. In basic terms your not going to true positive failure (I can go on and on what true positive failure is but trust me it takes along time to push your body to this limit and a lot of mental dedication its an advance training protocol) now if you took your set to true positive failure and you cant do anymore this is the time when the type 2b fast twitch fibers are activated, once you activate these fibers this is the best potential to really make your muscle grow bigger and thicker.

You will grow with normal sets and reps with modest intensity but if you want serious growth than you have to take your working set to true positive failure, this means using a weight what is heavy enough to make that working set very difficult and then going past true positive failure. Remember the type 2a fast twitch do all do all the work until you get to true positive failure then the type 2b come into play and these are the ones what produce the biggest gains in muscle size. You have to progressively overload your body each time you train, this means add more weight (or reps until you can add more weight) to stimulate growth, you also need to make sure your activating the type 2b fast twitch fibers which only get involved when you go to true positive failure. Your rep range needs to be between 6-12 reps at the failure point, I prefer around 6-8 reps range at failure. This is why its wise to have a partner when trying to activate the type 2b fast twitch fibers because you may think your going to positive failure but you wont be you need that reassurance of a partner who can just take that small amount of weight of the bar at true positive failure so you can mentally get past this sticking point. There are many advance protocols what you can use to get yourself to true positive failure which I've discussed in my thread.

HIT training will activate the tough type 2b muscle fibers and going to true positive will recruit all the muscle fibers which will give you the best chance of some serious tissue growth. Using advance training protocols like drop sets, rest pause, forced, negatives, supersets and even partials can be used to further your beyond failure training to help you activate the type 2b fast twitch fibers.

Thread Information