Page 418 of 1534 FirstFirst ... 3183684084134144154164174184194204214224234284685189181418 ... LastLast
Results 16,681 to 16,720 of 61340
Like Tree79787Likes

Thread: **Marcus's HIT Dungeon**

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    ^^^ your guy is very talented, Marcus!! The highlights are outstanding...and I've seen a decent amount of ink over the years.
    marcus300 likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    My body was used to a protein blend and its been fine but ive had to change to isolate and add some more fibre which as done the trick the only trouble is now I seem to be gaining weight faster lol.....I will extend my low carb days next week and see how things go but my stomach is great now and could eat every hour if I wanted to no bloat at all.
    I used to use a whey iso/ casein blend, but it got to be where it would almost " lock down" my digestive system. Figured it was screwing w/ digesting my regular meals.
    Perhaps gaining weight easier= better nutrient absorption??
    Last edited by almostgone; 01-03-2015 at 07:45 AM.
    marcus300 likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    I used to use a whey iso/ casein blend, but it got to be where it would almost " lock down" my digestive system. Figured it was screwing w/ digesting my regular meals.
    Perhaps gaining weight easier= better nutrient absorption??
    We will see what happens but its far better and zero bloat so protein change is the way to go at this stage
    almostgone likes this.

DCI
    DCI is offline Productive Member
    What kind of tweaks are you thinking of, DCI?....tinkering w/ carbs?
    I dunno yet ha gonna start fiddling with parts of it
    almostgone likes this.

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    This is part of my recent sleeve, ive cropped it because don't want to show it all.

Oh man that looks smart as fvck marcus

I think I am going to have to be a bit more harsh with you grasshopper..............if you honestly did that session well done but PLEASE make sure you have rest days otherwise your restricting gains. Let me put it this way the way your training is hard and intense and if you can do that 7 days per week and don't have any problems your not really training that hard or intense!!!! you cant keep that kind of attack up 7 days per week look at Kel he trains on and off, other guys here all have rest days. I have loads and some weeks its 3-4 rest days but it works because I train hard and rest even more. Remember make sure you rest eat and play
    Promise i did that session lol. Everything was as written. I was just really pissed off over some shit from the holiday. What i did was write down several things that really pisses me off, and right before my working set i would look them over then blast my music. I took the rest day before, and i took the two rest days the week earlier. When i post something, i know you guys cant SEE that i actually did it. But you guys are like some of my closest friends, sad as that may be. I swear i wouldnt lie to you.
    marcus300, DCI and almostgone like this.

Quote Originally Posted by clarky. View Post
    Oh man that looks smart as fvck marcus
    You should see the other stuff. It's mind blowing.

Thanks
    Last edited by marcus300; 01-03-2015 at 12:24 PM.
    almostgone likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AllKindsOGains View Post
    Promise i did that session lol. Everything was as written. I was just really pissed off over some shit from the holiday. What i did was write down several things that really pisses me off, and right before my working set i would look them over then blast my music. I took the rest day before, and i took the two rest days the week earlier. When i post something, i know you guys cant SEE that i actually did it. But you guys are like some of my closest friends, sad as that may be. I swear i wouldnt lie to you.
    Sounds good and great self motivation. Just have rest daily weekly

Sounds good and great self motivation. Just have rest daily weekly
    Promise. Planning on doing back tomorrow and then rest day before shoulders.
    By the way, you guys thinkin im lying about my workout goes on that list. in a good way
    Last edited by AllKindsOGains; 01-03-2015 at 12:59 PM.

zempey is offline Anabolic Member
    Hit arms today, hit some decent weights then my tri decided it was going to crap out. Slight pull doing cavers, it's still a little tight but should be ok by monday. Was able to pull 155 on the big bar curl for 8 reps, that is the most I've done since the injury and it felt good, no pain. Monday things get serious with diet and routine, no more beer and junk food, back to set meals and timing. The gyno seems to be under control, gotta love ugl under dosed stuff, I am going to stick to 1mg(not even close) eod along with my nolvadex and see how things are in a week. Still hovering at 270+- and my pumps after the gym are awesome, my muscles are nice and full and the veins are starting to pop in my shoulders again, love that look. After a couple weeks back on track I should start to see the bf drop back to 15% range.
    DCI and almostgone like this.

Just got back from doing back tonight. I think I had too much caffeine preworkout, because halfway through my workout I became extremely burned out and lost focus. Still productive though. I have a HUGE problem with my grip on back day. I use straps but my wrists become extremely enflamed and even using them it becomes a problem. Like they have way too much blood flowing through them. Considering taking an anti-inflammatory preworkout to help with this.

Close grip pull downs (palms facing each other)
    -3 warm up sets
    -2 working sets two drops each (towards failure I tend to rock a bit, idk if I should keep all momentum out of it?)

Seated cable row, same grip
    -1 feel set
    -2 working sets with 1 rest pause at 140 lbs then 1 drop to 120 lbs each one

Hammer strength low row-this machine has your arms rowing at your waist, which really has helped with my lower lat development, imho, palms facing upward
    -1 feel set
    -2 sets with 2 rest pauses each (right after this is where I burned out, I it became extremely hard to focus

DB row
    -1 feel set
    -2 working sets (I tried rest pause on these, but I think my form was off today, I was using a 90 lb db)

Wide grip pull downs
    -I don't even think I should count these, both sets were shit as I had no focus whatsoever

Rope "Wing Flies"-keep arms straight and use lats to pull rope toward your body
    -1 working set, 2 drops

AbsClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20150104_092525.jpg 
Views:	270 
Size:	852.8 KB 
ID:	154661
    Last edited by AllKindsOGains; 01-04-2015 at 10:32 AM.

hawk14dl is offline Senior Member
    Akog.. what did you need to use straps on? Typically that's dead lifts or shrugs. . You did a typical session.

Stop taking the straps into the gym with you. You'll stop using them,then you'll stop needing them
    almostgone and DCI like this.

DCI
    Do heavy farmers walks with no straps if you want to improve your grip its what i did
    almostgone likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk14dl View Post
    Akog.. what did you need to use straps on? Typically that's dead lifts or shrugs. . You did a typical session.

Stop taking the straps into the gym with you. You'll stop using them,then you'll stop needing them
    I use straps to keep from using biceps on pulling movements, using hands as hooks and pulling with the elbows. DCI, ive tried these but its not a matter of strength, it has to do with inflammation of my wrists. Almost like i cant close my hand when i get a forearm pump
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150104_092525.jpg 
Views:	278 
Size:	852.8 KB 
ID:	154660
    Last edited by AllKindsOGains; 01-04-2015 at 10:31 AM.

Biceps are a secondary on these lifts. Space your back day a couple of days away from arms and embrace it
    DCI and almostgone like this.

Hey Marcus, I'd like to hear your thoughts on test susp or test no e? I don't plan on using either anytime soon, but I'm curious about their characterics as a pre workout?

I have been going strapless for a while to give my wrists a break, I think I have the onset of carpal tunnel because of them. I only use them on bent rows and shrugs. On shrugs I was able to do a couple sets of 10 at 315 but my grip was suffering. I tried the dead lift grip and that helped a fair bit. This week I also did bent rows and it was difficult to pull 275 with any explosive power since my grip wanted to open. At some point your grip just wont be able to compete with the power of your back and traps.

DCI
    Have you gone to the doctor to find out the issue with the inflamation of the wrists sounds sore

I talked to my doc and she said stop using straps, and why do you have to lift so heavy, I stopped the straps and they are getting better.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk14dl View Post
    Hey Marcus, I'd like to hear your thoughts on test susp or test no e? I don't plan on using either anytime soon, but I'm curious about their characterics as a pre workout?
    I personally didn't like it, ive used it a few times and once did 3 shot per day of suspension I've also did the pre workout shot which didn't really do anything. I do know a few mates who use it but I prefer just doing a pre workout sup and leave the test for building muscle rather than some kick pre workout...If you do try it though let me know how you get on

Quote Originally Posted by DCI View Post
    Have you gone to the doctor to find out the issue with the inflamation of the wrists sounds sore
    Yes i thought it was carpal tunnel but each time ive had it checked out they said it was just scar tissue

Did legs yesterday and it was brutal

V squat hammer
    squat
    leg extension
    lying leg curls
    standing calves raises
    seated calves raises

Wont be training for 3 days, need to rest my shoulder and a muscle pull in my back it also coincides with my work schedule so its rest and eating for me. The only thing what I will be doing is RC exercises and stretches.

Going to step the low carb days yup this week see how I respsond

Still fighting this bronchitis/sinus infection but feeling better. Believe I've gotten a back workout in from all the coughing, but at least it is a productive cough. May give it a go tomorrow.
    marcus300, DCI and clarky. like this.

Took 2 hrs. vacation and came home to get a bit of extra rest. Finally got a chance to watch a few minutes of one of the DVDs the wife got me for Christmas. It's the Britain's Strongest Man w/ Eddie Hall in the cover. She also got me a couple of others. "Y'all" have an impressive lot of big guys over yonder.
    I think I may shell out and get the 5 disc WSM set off Amazon UK soon. Seeing the "big boys" struggle through their events makes d@mn good motivation for me.
    clarky. likes this.

DCI
    James Fennelly is irelands strongest man big dude tbh they do amaze me on how they can lift such crazy weights etc
    almostgone likes this.

paddy155 is offline Member
    Marcus, do you use BP for your protein powder ?

Quote Originally Posted by DCI View Post
    James Fennelly is irelands strongest man big dude tbh they do amaze me on how they can lift such crazy weights etc
    Thanks, DCI. I'll keep an eye out for him; may have seen him on Giants Live on YouTube. I'm seeing several names I haven't compete before...f-in love it.

Eddie hall just won britians strongest man. That was is first time to reach the final of wsm he said he needs to put more weight on but there was a few of the guys that have lost alot of weight big z laurance shahlei ect you need speed as well not just power so we will.see how he get's on. Love wsm i wanted shaw to win like him but thor deserved to win but got beat by half a point.
    almostgone likes this.

LOL....Shahlei absolutely smoked the superyoke at the last WSM....very impressed!!
    clarky. likes this.

DCI
    Thanks, DCI. I'll keep an eye out for him; may have seen him on Giants Live on YouTube. I'm seeing several names I haven't compete before...f-in love it.
    Big ginger fcker yeh cant miss him ha nice guy too
    clarky. and almostgone like this.

LOL....Shahlei absolutely smoked the superyoke at the last WSM....very impressed!!
    Aye he sure did eh lol
    almostgone likes this.

Good back session today, hit some good numbers, feeling it now. First day of cleaning up the diet and getting serious, holidays are over, time to grow.
    marcus300 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by paddy155 View Post
    Marcus, do you use BP for your protein powder ?
    Yes I do, they really good and service second to none

VoRTeXO77 is offline New Member
    Yes I do, they really good and service second to none
    sorry, BP?

Quote Originally Posted by VoRTeXO77 View Post
    sorry, BP?
    Bulk powders

VoRTeXO77 is offline New Member
    Bulk powders
    thanks.

Marcus, i know this sounds weird but have you ever slapped yourself preworking set? For the in the zone trigger? I know its probably not as effective as having someone else do it, but it would be awkward to have someone at the gym hit me... anyway serious question

Marcus, i know this sounds weird but have you ever slapped yourself preworking set? For the in the zone trigger? I know its probably not as effective as having someone else do it, but it would be awkward to have someone at the gym hit me... anyway serious question
    When I was training with an old partner years ago we use to slap each other pre working set. It was good fun at the time but was in my 30's long time ago

Im going to try slapping myself tonight for shoulders. Im glad i go to the gym late at night

Im going to try slapping myself tonight for shoulders. Im glad i go to the gym late at night
    hahahah try and use tricks to unleash the adrenalin pre cycle, ive talked about them in previous posts.
    almostgone and AllKindsOGains like this.

Thread Information