Page 471 of 1534 FirstFirst ... 3714214614664674684694704714724734744754764815215719711471 ... LastLast
Results 18,801 to 18,840 of 61340
Like Tree79787Likes

Thread: **Marcus's HIT Dungeon**

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Quote Originally Posted by Sfla80 View Post
    Trust me sir....would more then welcome the opportunity....but I know I would be crying for mercy at the end
    I will be wearing my gimp mask by the way
    almostgone, NACH3 and clarky. like this.

Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post

I will be wearing my gimp mask by the way
    Lmao oh shit....
    NACH3, marcus300 and almostgone like this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Good man

All you got to remember is condensing your working sets into 1 and if by any chance you miss that one working to its max you can implement 2. But when your standing there thinking this working set is all I got to do for my biceps you can mentally prepare yourself to push your body and mind to a place you cant when you know you have another 2-3 working sets left. One set to failure and that's true positive failure you would have recruited ever muscle fiber possible especially those tough type 2b ones what ONLY come into force when your at failure and these types of fibers are the ones what grow the biggest and thickest.

The mind is a powerful thing and its something you have to train yourself to go to and once your in this dark hurtful place the rewards will be there. Mind control is huge when using HIT to its full potential. I see your into your supersets that must of been a very hard workout to go to max on both movements well done
    Thx! Yeah I must say that mentally it's actually easier to me, as you mentioned, your not thinking about those other sets(like I had been doing)! This was great to implement and see what I'm truly capable of doing!

Do you believe in changing your routine while on(even if your constantly gaining) I know this is brought up a lot for many reasons... But I've always stuck w/what works and keeps working, but there's much debate in switching up routines say every 6-8 wks(Depending if one is bulking or cutting)?? I know there's a place for this but(your line) "whatever builds the muscle will also keep it! So I like switching say a pre- exhaust day/wk then switch back to heavy lifts first then exhaust... What are some of your and others opinions on this??

Thx for chiming in on the w/o Marcus ... Much appreciated!

~Nach
    marcus300 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    Thx! Yeah I must say that mentally it's actually easier to me, as you mentioned, your not thinking about those other sets(like I had been doing)! This was great to implement and see what I'm truly capable of doing!

Do you believe in changing your routine while on(even if your constantly gaining) I know this is brought up a lot for many reasons... But I've always stuck w/what works and keeps working, but there's much debate in switching up routines say every 6-8 wks(Depending if one is bulking or cutting)?? I know there's a place for this but(your line) "whatever builds the muscle will also keep it! So I like switching say a pre- exhaust day/wk then switch back to heavy lifts first then exhaust... What are some of your and others opinions on this??

Thx for chiming in on the w/o Marcus ... Much appreciated!

~Nach
    Implement what works Nach. I train absolutely balls to the wall with high intensity and I am a sucker for failure, its something I got to feel and over the years have the ability to really dig deep into the pain zone but I cant keep that up all the time. I have a pullback when I feel the need to, sometimes its around the 6-8 week mark were I will reduce the intensity but carry on with what works for me. Nothing is totally set in stone and depending what I am trying to achieve I will change things around but I am a pure HIT trainer, no matter what I am HIT all the way!! its what's built me thick set muscle and maintained it throughout the years so why totally change something what works. I will increase the overload or intensity when I want things to change in what ever direction and I would advise you to listen to your body and go with what its telling you.

It is a saying of mine what built it will keep it and I know a few don't agree with that but I see guys build on cycle using lets say HIT then after the cycle go back to another way of training and lose all their gains. Work and adapt what works for you to achieve your goals.
    NACH3 and almostgone like this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Implement what works Nach. I train absolutely balls to the wall with high intensity and I am a sucker for failure, its something I got to feel and over the years have the ability to really dig deep into the pain zone but I cant keep that up all the time. I have a pullback when I feel the need to, sometimes its around the 6-8 week mark were I will reduce the intensity but carry on with what works for me. Nothing is totally set in stone and depending what I am trying to achieve I will change things around but I am a pure HIT trainer, no matter what I am HIT all the way!! its what's built me thick set muscle and maintained it throughout the years so why totally change something what works. I will increase the overload or intensity when I want things to change in what ever direction and I would advise you to listen to your body and go with what its telling you.

It is a saying of mine what built it will keep it and I know a few don't agree with that but I see guys build on cycle using lets say HIT then after the cycle go back to another way of training and lose all their gains. Work and adapt what works for you to achieve your goals.
    ^^^ this is exactly what I was thinking... I agree w/your line(whatever builds muscle will keep it) and being a true HIT as well, I know during PCT and recovery there's really no way of matching the intensity while on, but it should still be as high as you can possibly make it Even when off and still doing HIT but back off the sets(during PCT).... I believe that this was my biggest mistake as I tried matching the intensity on... And was doing those 3-4 working sets(which I now know isn't ideal for failure) so I know I'm in a much better situation/state regarding preserving my new found muscle tissue off cycle...
    Last edited by NACH3; 03-12-2015 at 09:47 AM.

^^^ this is exactly what I was thinking... I agree w/your line(whatever builds muscle will keep it) and being a true HIT as well, I know during PCT and recovery there's really no way of matching the intensity while on, but it should still be as high as you can possibly make it Even when off and still doing HIT but back off the sets(during PCT).... I believe that this was my biggest mistake as I tried matching the intensity on... And was doing those 3-4 working sets(which I now know isn't ideal for failure) so I know I'm in a much better situation/state regarding preserving my new found muscle tissue off cycle...
    In PCT you need to really pullback the intensity and add in further rest periods. Its all about recovery and maintaining what you built but you don't want to be burning out your CNS so intensity needs to be lower and rest periods longer.
    DCI and almostgone like this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    In PCT you need to really pullback the intensity and add in further rest periods. Its all about recovery and maintaining what you built but you don't want to be burning out your CNS so intensity needs to be lower and rest periods longer.
    Gotcha! That's where I went wrong w/out further rest periods in between sets in the past! And not letting my CNS recover properly(tried keeping intensity too high) it surely backfired on me... I won't let that happen anymore!
    Last edited by NACH3; 03-12-2015 at 10:22 AM.

Gotcha! That's where I went wrong w/out further rest periods in between sets in the past! And not letting my CNS recover properly(tried keeping intensity too high) it surely backfired on me... I won't let that happen anymore!
    Rest periods out of the gym, more rest days mate

AAS- Tips on keeping gains for the moderate user

Keeping gains-

These tips are for the moderate user and not for the high dose or long term AAS user, these basic methods will help maintain a degree of muscularity while in the off period. If all procedures are carried out during cycle you would of maximise gains and will be carrying new muscle tissue, then you need to focus on the off period and put yourself in an optimal position to keeping your new found gains once the cycle is stopped.

Recovery- One of the areas of focus is the HPTA (Hypothalamus-pituitary-testicular axis), Recovering the HPTA is vital to maintaining gains, typically on a 10-12 week standard AAS cycle will almost certainly cause full suppression/shutdown despite any strategies we might undertake. The natural androgen production needs to be quickly recovered so anabolic hormones are up and running to help maintain the new found muscle. This is why post cycle therapy is vital and the correct protocol's are adhered to. Shorter cycles are becoming increasingly more popular because with these type of cycles there is a significant chance you will have testicular function straight after or very shortly after the cycle as stopped and recovery looks to be alot faster, not in all cases that would depend on compounds used but overall, the shorter the cycle the quicker the recovery.

Once the cycle as stopped we must preserve our gains and if steps haven't been taken during cycle we must now take some steps to reduce estrogen binding in the hypothalamus.You have to look at post cycle estrogen this can be a huge problem for some and this will have a negative impact on recovery of your HPTA just like androgens can and do in this period. The only way to fully recover your HPTA is to completely come off cycle, with this day and age of PCT compounds to recover with, the job will be alot easier. Problems occur if you stayed on cycle for to long or keep taking low suppression drugs to bridge cycles together, all this will have an effect on your HPTA and long term health. Recovery and maintenance of the new found gains are the objects at this stage and stay as healthy as possible, remember suppression and shutdown are linked they both effect your HPTA, so get a decent PCT protocol and recover as fast as possible. The common ancillary drugs what will support the post cycle and the recovery period are clomid,nolvadex ,a-dex and HCG to name a few. Please check out the PCT section and the stickies for protocols and further advice.

Nutrition - is another area which we must focus on to help maintain the new found gains, after a cycle androgen levels are going to be lower than normal even with the above strategies. We have to maximise the anabolic hormones as much as possible while our system is recovering. First we need to calculate the change in the new calories needed for the new tissue gained during the cycle and support the new tissue, a person who under eats to their requirements will be stripped of the muscle mass very quickly.

Overeating has been shown in numerous studies to maximise these factors. Over maintenance calories are needed to promote the anabolic edge, dietary fat has an influence on androgen secretion, monounsaturated and saturated fat raises testosterone levels but polyunsaturated fat does not so a healthy diet containing O'3 and O'6 will help in this period. Eat clean and feed the new tissue with abundance of calories but always have in mind of muscle building foods and not the sugar rich alternatives we can easily lean to in this period. As testosterone returns to normal and recovery is nearly there, eating over the calories can be lowered to maintenance of the new found muscle what's been gained during the cycle. Never start dieting in the recovery stage it will strip you of your hard earned tissue.

Training - If you have been training intensely during the on period you can help to maintain the new found gains with a slight alteration in the way your training. In some cases further gains have been seen in the recovery part of cycling, this is normally with short cycles and very intense training. If you implement more rest days and make sure your C.N.S gets fully recovered, further gains can be seen. Keep the training sessions down to around 30 mins and incorporate longer rest days in-between. Long workouts lower testosterone to cortisol ratio, so don't go for long workouts no matter how strong or fit you may feel, short and fast will help with recovery without further stress on your system.

Still concentrate on the basic heavy movements this and still focus on HIT type of training, also take more attention on the eccentric part of the lift because this causes most of the muscle fibre damage, after warm up do about 2 sets per bodypart and dropset them, which should consist of eccentric reps start with maximum followed by 90% Max, then 80%max, making sure you take a good 5-6 seconds for the eccentric portion of the reps on all dropsets. There are many other ways of training to help recovery but this method does have great benefits by making the workout shorter and the muscle being hit in a different way. Further gains can be achieved if careful planning is done of your training sessions.

Supplements- Its hard to advice what supplements will help and work for you in the recovery and maintenance period. Clearly a quality protein powder,creatine, test booster's,BCAA's, glutamine and vital vits and supps in the off period does help drastically and all aid recovery, past experience will help to pick which other supps may help and agree with your body.

The more advance you become the more advanced procedure need to be carried out, this is just a basic methods and tips on maintaining post cycle for the moderate user.
    zempey and almostgone like this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Rest periods out of the gym, more rest days mate
    Yes indeed! I meant to say that... Just figured that came w/out say as we/I will have just crushed my/our bodies for 10-12 wks.(except for you and those short burst cycling) once I can manage my gains better post cycle(last time I kept 10lbs outta 17-18lbs I had gained - it was a cutter) and now that I have my diet nailed it'll be much better this time!

And thank you for posting the link again!
    Last edited by NACH3; 03-12-2015 at 11:04 AM.

Ended up having a decent workout but I had to force myself to. Wasn't focused enough today but willed myself to push through anyway. Work out took about 15 minutes longer than it should've......

Calves
    Leg extension (triple drop)
    Squats (rest pause)
    Walking db lunges (4 sets 12 steps per leg)
    Seated leg curl (triple drop)
    Stiff leg deadlift (rest pause w/ 30 sec rest)
    clarky., BG, ghettoboyd and 3 others like this.

Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Sign

hawk14dl is offline Senior Member
    . . .
    Last edited by hawk14dl; 03-13-2015 at 09:58 AM.

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Chest for me the mora it will be later on after work though not hit chest in a good few wks just trying to keep this RC good. Got my app in for the physio we'll see if they can come up with anything but dought it broomstick ex and the norm RC ex are probs all there is.
    almostgone likes this.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by clarky. View Post
    Chest for me the mora it will be later on after work though not hit chest in a good few wks just trying to keep this RC good. Got my app in for the physio we'll see if they can come up with anything but dought it broomstick ex and the norm RC ex are probs all there is.
    Do you do rc exercises at home?

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

DCI
    DCI is offline Productive Member
    Legs gonna be hard tonight but going to push through it.

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    Do you do rc exercises at home?
    Aye some times BG mostly at the gym though before shoulders and chest this is when i get the most pain.
    almostgone likes this.

zempey is offline Anabolic Member
    Did the second session of the day, arms are done and sore.

Reverse grip press: 1 warm, 3 working. Kept the weight light at 185, not used to doing these free weight and shoulders were tires from the morning session.

Db over head xt: 2 feel, 2 working. Went to the 125 today and it felt good, that is a pb for me on this exercise.

Cavers: 3 working with presses after each set.

3 grip 21's: 2 sets at 95, 1 set at 65. My arms were on fire and so full of blood it hurt.

Alternate db curl: 40's, 50's, 60's.

Preacher machine SS with rope push down: 1 feel, 2 working with the stack on preacher, 3 working on rope.

Concentration db curl SS with dips: 3 working on CC, 3 sets of 20 dips.

I was on fire, couldn't stop, felt like a monster. There were a bunch of kids and a couple guys a bit younger than me in there so maybe it fired me up to hit it harder. I also had a big chicken and rice meal an hour or so before so my energy stores were topped up.

What an amazing finish to this cycle, couldn't have ended it with a better session. I weighed in at 274 before the workout so that puts me at 17lbs up from the starting weight of 257, but my body composition and shape have changed drastically. I really notice the density and thickness in my back the most, my chest is better and fuller, and my tri's gained some thickness. Now to try and maintain as much as I can so I can so I can go into my summer blast with some decent muscle mass.

This thread was a key part of my cycle, it kept me motivated and held me accountable. It also helped change my style to a hybrid version of HIT modified to suit my needs, which has made a big difference in my power and mental drive. I am going to keep hitting it hard and posting it in this thread as well as reading everyone's posts for motivation. This is going to be a great summer, going to turn some heads at the beach for sure, lol. Keep killing it everyone, your only competition is staring at you in the mirror, beat that fuker down and get up bigger and stronger.
    marcus300, clarky., DCI and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by zempey View Post
    Did the second session of the day, arms are done and sore.

Reverse grip press: 1 warm, 3 working. Kept the weight light at 185, not used to doing these free weight and shoulders were tires from the morning session.

Db over head xt: 2 feel, 2 working. Went to the 125 today and it felt good, that is a pb for me on this exercise.

Cavers: 3 working with presses after each set.

3 grip 21's: 2 sets at 95, 1 set at 65. My arms were on fire and so full of blood it hurt.

Alternate db curl: 40's, 50's, 60's.

Preacher machine SS with rope push down: 1 feel, 2 working with the stack on preacher, 3 working on rope.

Concentration db curl SS with dips: 3 working on CC, 3 sets of 20 dips.

I was on fire, couldn't stop, felt like a monster. There were a bunch of kids and a couple guys a bit younger than me in there so maybe it fired me up to hit it harder. I also had a big chicken and rice meal an hour or so before so my energy stores were topped up.

What an amazing finish to this cycle, couldn't have ended it with a better session. I weighed in at 274 before the workout so that puts me at 17lbs up from the starting weight of 257, but my body composition and shape have changed drastically. I really notice the density and thickness in my back the most, my chest is better and fuller, and my tri's gained some thickness. Now to try and maintain as much as I can so I can so I can go into my summer blast with some decent muscle mass.

This thread was a key part of my cycle, it kept me motivated and held me accountable. It also helped change my style to a hybrid version of HIT modified to suit my needs, which has made a big difference in my power and mental drive. I am going to keep hitting it hard and posting it in this thread as well as reading everyone's posts for motivation. This is going to be a great summer, going to turn some heads at the beach for sure, lol. Keep killing it everyone, your only competition is staring at you in the mirror, beat that fuker down and get up bigger and stronger.
    Well done and great to hear. That's some size your carrying and seems like you have found the ideal way to grow.

Thanks Marcus, I will be going back in this thread and reading some of the earlier posts on priming and other things I need to learn. I have gained so much knowledge in this thread and the board in general.

I am carrying some weight, but at my height I still look somewhat normal, but I will change that, I plan on being a freak for at least one summer, lol.

DCI
    Did legs tonight did warm ups of lunges to start.

Did one warm up set into a feeler set and then did a pb was very hard some of the reps where a bit dodgey buy overall did ok felt insane over it.

Leg press heavy and double drop hard and heavy set.

Then supersetted with leg extensions and hamstring.

Very sore and tired onto a weekend of eatting and chilling needs to be done
    zempey, NACH3, almostgone and 1 others like this.

Nice set DCI, way to crush those legs.
    DCI likes this.

DCI
    Cheers zempey man. Really buckled here from this weeks training was crazy intense was using all the posts here as motivation.

And using lots of mind muscle connection.

Thanks Marcus, I will be going back in this thread and reading some of the earlier posts on priming and other things I need to learn. I have gained so much knowledge in this thread and the board in general.

I am carrying some weight, but at my height I still look somewhat normal, but I will change that, I plan on being a freak for at least one summer, lol.
    I don't think 270 plus lbs is normal lol.
    zempey likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries

Great work Zempy! and 270 is FREAKISH lol... Great to see you and everyone in this thread crushin it!!!
    zempey likes this.

You guys have to try those 3 grip 21's, damn do they tax the shit out of your bi's and forearms. I might try doing a single set, HIT style with some heavier weight, maybe 115 or 125 and work my way up to 135.
    DCI likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    You guys have to try those 3 grip 21's, damn do they tax the shit out of your bi's and forearms. I might try doing a single set, HIT style with some heavier weight, maybe 115 or 125 and work my way up to 135.
    Usually I do incorporate them once a wk... But I'll use em as a finisher & completely burn out w/them. But will go heavier sometimes to switch things up! They definitely fill those arms w/some blood

I never cared for the traditional way with the partial reps, this way really seems to hit them deep, so much time under tension.

DCI
    Def gonna have a go off them next time in the gym.

I haven't done 21s in years. Probably like 6 or 7 years.

Def a burn out type.

First off can't believe zempey going to hit 135 with them lol.

Marcus or kel...how do u guys feel about 21s
    marcus300 likes this.

Bio-Active is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sfla80
    I haven't done 21s in years. Probably like 6 or 7 years. Def a burn out type. First off can't believe zempey going to hit 135 with them lol. Marcus or kel...how do u guys feel about 21s
    you guys ever just do the negs on the preacher curl. Have your partner pull the bar down and you fight it as long as you can? Do 10 of those and you won't be able to curl anything else
    NACH3 likes this.

BG
    As far as 21's I do them first some times light to get going or heavy to finish at the end....If my input matters

Wed- Had to make up for missing first part of the week.

Back-
    close grip pull down 2 warms and a heavy 12...might have been 10 and a half lol
    wide grip pull down machine Hits lat width and bottoms so good
    close grip seated row 2 warms then a heavy

Chest-
    Flat bench-3 warms,1-12 rep failure then one max 3 rep
    Incline bench- 3 sets of 20
    Cables-shoulder height flies

Today/Thurs

Went and trained with my old partner
    Legs-
    warm up extensions, calves, donkey squat machine
    Squat- 2 warms 2 sets of 12 at 75%
    Front and rear single leg extensions
    Dumbbell lunges (walked out)
    Hack squat
    Calves again

Going to pay for this one

Feeling good, time to grow !!!
    NACH3, almostgone, clarky. and 2 others like this.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bio-Active View Post
    you guys ever just do the negs on the preacher curl. Have your partner pull the bar down and you fight it as long as you can? Do 10 of those and you won't be able to curl anything else
    That's the only way I do preachers when I incorporate(usually once a wk also)... Focusing on that Eccentric part of movement is a killer!
    marcus300 likes this.

BG
    That's the only way I do preachers when I incorporate(usually once a wk also)... Focusing on that Eccentric part of movement is a killer!
    Agreed that's what they are really good for. I like a preacher machine for single arm curls, I feel I have more control and can go slower on the way up while focusing on the squeeze.
    NACH3, almostgone and marcus300 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sfla80 View Post
    I haven't done 21s in years. Probably like 6 or 7 years.

Def a burn out type.

First off can't believe zempey going to hit 135 with them lol.

Marcus or kel...how do u guys feel about 21s
    Not done 21's for years, its probably around 21 years ago I last did them but yes they were great at the time but not something I carried on with.

Quote Originally Posted by Bio-Active View Post
    Now we talking anything negative will serious dig deep into those fibers especially once you have reached failure on the positive. If your a sadistic cvnt like myself and get off on the DOMS then negs are the way forward. The eccentric part of a rep causes more damage and ruptures the fibers that's why your get DOMS so painfully.

Infact I am going doing bi's and tri's I want DOMS for the weekend
    almostgone, NACH3, BG and 1 others like this.

BG
    It was a sick leg work out I couldn'the sleep last night. I had restless legs, I had to keep stretching. Going to be a long work day. Gotta eat a ton. Can't wait to sleep tonight!
    almostgone likes this.

I hadn't done them in years either, then I saw this different version with a 3 to 5 second negative on each rep. I figured I would give them a try, the negative really starts to take its till and by the last rep the burn is insane. I feel these will brig my standard bar curls up and give me some nice growth in my forearm. Im not a fan of the partial rep scheme of standard 21's, I never got the feeling in my arms that made me want to do them again.
    almostgone likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    I hadn't done them in years either, then I saw this different version with a 3 to 5 second negative on each rep. I figured I would give them a try, the negative really starts to take its till and by the last rep the burn is insane. I feel these will brig my standard bar curls up and give me some nice growth in my forearm. Im not a fan of the partial rep scheme of standard 21's, I never got the feeling in my arms that made me want to do them again.
    Hey Zemp, you ever try reversing your grip and doing em at the end... Complete burn out after some negs??

At the end of Every arm w/o I can't even make a fist b/c my forearms are so taxed

I haven't done too much reverse grip with the injuries I have had in my elbow, I do a fair bit of reverse grip at work carrying drywall or plywood. I really need to do more of it though, add some more meat to the top of my forearms.
    NACH3 likes this.

You have a link to a video of this? Or just something u saw at the gym?

It was a youtube video from muscle and fitness I think, I saw it on facebook, I can look to see if I can find it.

Thread Information