Page 6 of 1534 FirstFirst 123456789101116561065061006 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 240 of 61340
Like Tree79787Likes

Thread: **Marcus's HIT Dungeon**

  1. #201
    Capebuffalo's Avatar
    Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Defiling Myself
    Posts
    23,221
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts

    That's why I'm wondering. I know I'm not 1/2 his size but thats how I was treated every time I go to Philippines. Got to love it.
    Damn enough is enough. You guys either need to stop talking about the philippines and Thailand or buy me a ticket and send me there so I to can enjoy
    I figure he's in a tropical climate. With beautiful natives.

  2. #202
    lovbyts's Avatar
    lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    30,213
    Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo View Post
    Damn enough is enough. You guys either need to stop talking about the philippines and Thailand or buy me a ticket and send me there so I to can enjoy
    I figure he's in a tropical climate. With beautiful natives.
    I hear you, it's been to long since I have been. It really is crazy and un-believable until you have experienced it. I'm far from GQ and I think at least 1x a day I would have at least one girl stop in a car or go out of her way to come and talk to me. I mean litteraly pull over to the side of a busy street down town and call me over to the car. It's just crazy. That's besides if you go anywhere public like a mall and of course if you go to a bar or club forget it, you are practically swarmed like a movie star. lol

  3. #203
    Capebuffalo's Avatar
    Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Defiling Myself
    Posts
    23,221
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts

    I hear you, it's been to long since I have been. It really is crazy and un-believable until you have experienced it. I'm far from GQ and I think at least 1x a day I would have at least one girl stop in a car or go out of her way to come and talk to me. I mean litteraly pull over to the side of a busy street down town and call me over to the car. It's just crazy. That's besides if you go anywhere public like a mall and of course if you go to a bar or club forget it, you are practically swarmed like a movie star. lol
    I feel the same about Africa. Just a feeling you can't describe. You miss here when your gone.

  4. #204
    Flagg's Avatar
    Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Front toward enemy
    Posts
    6,265
    Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo View Post
    Marcus is on holiday. But if it helps I drink mine
    Drinking four eggs raw is a bit rough for me, but lately i've been putting them in a blender with a scoop of whey and a cup of water and they're pretty easy then. I find you can also stick this in a shaker afterwards and take it with you to work/gym, etc.

  5. #205
    Capebuffalo's Avatar
    Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Defiling Myself
    Posts
    23,221
    Quote Originally Posted by Flagg

    Drinking four eggs raw is a bit rough for me, but lately i've been putting them in a blender with a scoop of whey and a cup of water and they're pretty easy then. I find you can also stick this in a shaker afterwards and take it with you to work/gym, etc.
    My 1 st two meals are.
    10 egg whites
    1 cup oats
    1 cup Greek yogurt with fruit
    Just started adding today an ensure meal type drink. More cals protein and carbs plus a lot of vitamins.

  6. #206
    Capebuffalo's Avatar
    Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Defiling Myself
    Posts
    23,221
    Research shows that with raw eggs you only get 50% of the nutrients. So if you drink them drink a lot of them.

  7. #207
    Flagg's Avatar
    Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Front toward enemy
    Posts
    6,265
    Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo View Post
    My 1 st two meals are.
    10 egg whites
    1 cup oats
    1 cup Greek yogurt with fruit
    Just started adding today an ensure meal type drink. More cals protein and carbs plus a lot of vitamins.
    My first meal is usually also a cup of oats then a cup of low fat greek yoghurt with a tea spoon of honey or apricot jam.

    I usually have 4 eggs (1 whole and 3 white), but wow.....10 eggs?

  8. #208
    Capebuffalo's Avatar
    Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Defiling Myself
    Posts
    23,221
    Let me clarify. Those are shakes I make.
    Just drink everything.

  9. #209
    milky01623's Avatar
    milky01623 is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Nottingham England
    Posts
    2,359
    My first meal is a cup of oats 2 scoops of whey closely followed by 5 weetabix and a cup of skimming milk

  10. #210
    Capebuffalo's Avatar
    Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Defiling Myself
    Posts
    23,221
    Quote Originally Posted by milky01623
    My first meal is a cup of oats 2 scoops of whey closely followed by 5 weetabix and a cup of skimming milk
    No idea what a weetabix is.
    Is like an oryx or hartebeest?

  11. #211
    Shsm is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,348
    My first meal every morning is

    1 scoop Optimum Nutrition: Hydrowhey with 8 oz water in shaker cup immediately upon waking
    3 large eggs
    12 Tbsp. (4 servings - 3 Tbsp. each) Egg Beaters (egg whites)
    2 cups Quaker Old Fashioned Oats in water
    1/2 cup frozen blueberries
    2 capsules NOW: Ultra Omega 3
    3 tabs Controlled Labs: Orange Triad

  12. #212
    milky01623's Avatar
    milky01623 is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Nottingham England
    Posts
    2,359
    Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo

    No idea what a weetabix is.
    Is like an oryx or hartebeest?
    It's a cereal biscuit made from wheat and a standard serving of 2 is 25g of carb
    What's an oryx

  13. #213
    Capebuffalo's Avatar
    Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Defiling Myself
    Posts
    23,221
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	orxy.jpg 
Views:	242 
Size:	9.1 KB 
ID:	130652
    oryx very tasty

  14. #214
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    30,108
    I'm officially hypnotized by Shsm's new avi.

    Jeez that's nice.

  15. #215
    Capebuffalo's Avatar
    Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Defiling Myself
    Posts
    23,221
    Does this look like kekel's vascular legs?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kelkel.jpg 
Views:	241 
Size:	10.6 KB 
ID:	130658

    Click on it

  16. #216
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    30,108
    Ha! Come on, I'm hanging for an old fart...

  17. #217
    Shsm is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,348
    Quote Originally Posted by kelkel
    I'm officially hypnotized by Shsm's new avi.

    Jeez that's nice.
    Lol and vice versa...Wish I look half as good as you when I'm your age.

  18. #218
    Capebuffalo's Avatar
    Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Defiling Myself
    Posts
    23,221
    Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    Ha! Come on, I'm hanging for an old fart...
    Your I-65 is rockin

  19. #219
    Capebuffalo's Avatar
    Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Defiling Myself
    Posts
    23,221
    With Marcus on holiday is there anyone here familiar with Dorian'S HIT Training?
    I have a couple of questions

  20. #220
    Capebuffalo's Avatar
    Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Defiling Myself
    Posts
    23,221
    Anyone?

  21. #221
    Brick's Avatar
    Brick is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    928
    Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo
    Anyone?
    I have done it for a few weeks. Not sure I can help but what's the question?

  22. #222
    AXx's Avatar
    AXx
    AXx is offline AR's hose draggin' post whore~Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    5,178
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucka

    I have done it for a few weeks. Not sure I can help but what's the question?
    His/my/our question is this

    I feel I can add excersise to it. Does that mean I'm not going fast enough? Because I'm to failure on the last set. But I can do more. Should I start drop sets add things? add more weight to original exercises?

  23. #223
    AD's Avatar
    AD
    AD is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    6,809
    more weight, i think...

  24. #224
    AXx's Avatar
    AXx
    AXx is offline AR's hose draggin' post whore~Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    5,178
    Quote Originally Posted by AD
    more weight, i think...
    Lol what if there is no more weight. I'm not saying that I'm lifting everything in the gym but DY's basic rules are keeping it simple. Doing nothing with the pretty stuff keep it basic and compound.

    I think I for one forget maybe what true failure is, like when I think I'm petered out I can actually go more. So I should throw the weights down and do a drop set especially with me training by myself. So say my working set is with the 120# db's on chest I should after going to failure immediately drop them and pick up the 100's or lower? And do more reps.

    On barbell rows the other day I started with them, I did 135 for warmup, 225 for mid-set and 315 for working set and did 12, for some reason I felt like a beast that day. Should I have added more or done a rest pause style failure?

  25. #225
    Brick's Avatar
    Brick is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    928
    Go heavier! For the most part the last set is 6-8 reps. HARD and HEAVY.

    Are you sure you are resting 1 min and no more? I wasent timing myself and it was not that intense. Then I timed myself and rested 1min exactly and it got super hard!

  26. #226
    milky01623's Avatar
    milky01623 is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Nottingham England
    Posts
    2,359
    Your last set should only be around 6-8 reps failure if not then you need to increase weight on every set that's how I train Dorians hit
    Set 1- feel/warm up
    Set 2- working set- not struggling but close to it
    Set 3- absolute limit to fail I call this the grunting set

    And remember only 60 second rests between sets and different exercises but a 5 mins rest when going from say legs to biceps

    This is how I utilise Dorians hit hope it helps

  27. #227
    AD's Avatar
    AD
    AD is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    6,809
    Quote Originally Posted by AXx View Post
    Lol what if there is no more weight. I'm not saying that I'm lifting everything in the gym but DY's basic rules are keeping it simple. Doing nothing with the pretty stuff keep it basic and compound.

    I think I for one forget maybe what true failure is, like when I think I'm petered out I can actually go more. So I should throw the weights down and do a drop set especially with me training by myself. So say my working set is with the 120# db's on chest I should after going to failure immediately drop them and pick up the 100's or lower? And do more reps.

    On barbell rows the other day I started with them, I did 135 for warmup, 225 for mid-set and 315 for working set and did 12, for some reason I felt like a beast that day. Should I have added more or done a rest pause style failure?
    its really hard and almost dangerous to follow this way of training without a spotter. either you use the smith machine and set the safety stops, or just use other machines and not free weights. definitely some modifications need to be made if you're training alone.

    i believe Marcus said earlier that he uses drop sets, or double/triple drop sets. maybe thats his modification, to bring the muscles to extreme fatigue safely.

    but if i remember Yates way is just one giant heavy workset and thats it. but he probably builds up to this giant set with numerous progressively heavier warmup sets.

  28. #228
    milky01623's Avatar
    milky01623 is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Nottingham England
    Posts
    2,359
    Quote Originally Posted by AD

    its really hard and almost dangerous to follow this way of training without a spotter. either you use the smith machine and set the safety stops, or just use other machines and not free weights. definitely some modifications need to be made if you're training alone.

    i believe Marcus said earlier that he uses drop sets, or double/triple drop sets. maybe thats his modification, to bring the muscles to extreme fatigue safely.

    but if i remember Yates way is just one giant heavy workset and thats it. but he probably builds up to this giant set with numerous progressively heavier warmup sets.
    I think Yates just goes
    Warm up
    Working
    Fail

    Although he does 2 working sets on larger body parts but then again he does have a spotter

  29. #229
    AD's Avatar
    AD
    AD is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    6,809
    i always train alone, so i always have to use machines instead of free weights if i go heavy. but doing dropsets is a breeze with machines, just move the pin two-three steps lighter.

    we need Marcus back soon, or else his diary will be taken over by us whores lol

  30. #230
    milky01623's Avatar
    milky01623 is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Nottingham England
    Posts
    2,359
    Yeah AD that's what I do but I don't do alot of drop sets I just goto fail and drop set on tri push downs and smaller muscle groups

    Come back Marcus the whores are hijacking lol

  31. #231
    gearbox's Avatar
    gearbox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    5,357
    Quote Originally Posted by milky01623 View Post
    Your last set should only be around 6-8 reps failure if not then you need to increase weight on every set that's how I train Dorians hit
    Set 1- feel/warm up
    Set 2- working set- not struggling but close to it
    Set 3- absolute limit to fail I call this the grunting set

    And remember only 60 second rests between sets and different exercises but a 5 mins rest when going from say legs to biceps

    This is how I utilise Dorians hit hope it helps
    This is how its done and you should be very tired after the 3 rd set to failure and past. You need a spotter to do this.successfully imo as a beginner

  32. #232
    Capebuffalo's Avatar
    Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Defiling Myself
    Posts
    23,221
    Thanks for the replys guys. The last set is o almost failure but with out a spotter you better have a little left.
    My question is you do say for chest 4 exercises can you add a 5 th or 6 th? Or stick with the 4 and do drops or negatives.
    I look at my watch when the set is done add weight sit and watch my watch. Pretty strict on the 1 min break

  33. #233
    Capebuffalo's Avatar
    Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Defiling Myself
    Posts
    23,221
    bump one time for an answer

  34. #234
    milky01623's Avatar
    milky01623 is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Nottingham England
    Posts
    2,359
    Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo
    Thanks for the replys guys. The last set is o almost failure but with out a spotter you better have a little left.
    My question is you do say for chest 4 exercises can you add a 5 th or 6 th? Or stick with the 4 and do drops or negatives.
    I look at my watch when the set is done add weight sit and watch my watch. Pretty strict on the 1 min break
    Ok this is what I do
    With a spotter to failure without a spotter dropset but with no rest just straight in whilst the muscle is fatigued
    As for the amount for chest I do 4/5 exercises but keep them strict and controlled

    Hope that helps tack

  35. #235
    Capebuffalo's Avatar
    Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Defiling Myself
    Posts
    23,221
    Quote Originally Posted by milky01623 View Post
    Ok this is what I do
    With a spotter to failure without a spotter dropset but with no rest just straight in whilst the muscle is fatigued
    As for the amount for chest I do 4/5 exercises but keep them strict and controlled

    Hope that helps tack
    No offense Milk but I just cant take you serious in your superman outfit....
    Yeah thats what I was thinking. If I do drops there will be no break. I just want to maximize each workout. Time is running out on us.

  36. #236
    milky01623's Avatar
    milky01623 is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Nottingham England
    Posts
    2,359
    Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo

    No offense Milk but I just cant take you serious in your superman outfit....
    Yeah thats what I was thinking. If I do drops there will be no break. I just want to maximize each workout. Time is running out on us.
    Bahahaha
    Just try it tomorrow you'll see how tiring it is
    Ok ok ill change the avi

  37. #237
    Capebuffalo's Avatar
    Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Defiling Myself
    Posts
    23,221
    Quote Originally Posted by milky01623 View Post
    Bahahaha
    Just try it tomorrow you'll see how tiring it is
    Ok ok ill change the avi
    Had to go into work this morning early so I will train back this afternoon

  38. #238
    milky01623's Avatar
    milky01623 is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Nottingham England
    Posts
    2,359
    Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo

    Had to go into work this morning early so I will train back this afternoon
    Dude why did I think your retired!!!

  39. #239
    Capebuffalo's Avatar
    Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Defiling Myself
    Posts
    23,221
    Quote Originally Posted by milky01623 View Post
    Dude why did I think your retired!!!
    Love your hat Cowboy. Retired? Ha

  40. #240
    AXx's Avatar
    AXx
    AXx is offline AR's hose draggin' post whore~Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    5,178
    Quote Originally Posted by milky01623

    Dude why did I think your retired!!!
    He misspelled one time when he said he was retarded!!! I could see how you could mistake the 2.
    Last edited by AXx; 12-18-2012 at 04:39 PM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 29 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 29 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •