Page 630 of 1534 FirstFirst ... 1305305806206256266276286296306316326336346356406807301130 ... LastLast
Results 25,161 to 25,200 of 61340
Like Tree79787Likes

Thread: **Marcus's HIT Dungeon**

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdil511 View Post
    Back today

Deadlift 2 w/u 2 sets with drops (new weight)

Bent over row 2 w/u, 2 sets with drops

Lat pull downs 2 sets with drops

Row machine 2 sets with drops

Pullovers 2 sets 6 reps

Exhausted
    Nice session Bigdil... Next time try hitting deads last(it's tough but very awesome) and your exhausted by the time your there so it can be lightened w/the same results... Just something to think about(pre-exhaust)...
    DCI likes this.

bigdil511 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NACH3
    Nice session Bigdil... Next time try hitting deads last(it's tough but very awesome) and your exhausted by the time your there so it can be lightened w/the same results... Just something to think about(pre-exhaust)...
    Nice dude I'll definitely do that next week.

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    I have back tomorrow but normally I have a rest day between legs and back. I'm debating whether ill just hit back tmrw or take off n do Friday/sat
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    I don't drool, I just eat twice as much for some strange reason, got a serious gh gut at the moment
    Glad to hear you are well relaxed . I tend to graze heavier when I am laid back or sometimes I eat more if I am not feeling well.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Didnt check it today but have been 120/80 pretty consistently upon waking.
    Holding much excess fluid?
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone

Holding much excess fluid?
    Not anything out of norm no

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

Unless your hematocrit is running high, you may need a rest day or two. You've been kicking @ss in the gym and then with the new baby arriving soon you may just need a little rest.
    clarky. likes this.

Speaking of rest, I'm trying to burn a vacation day tonight. Feeling run down/ bunt out. If I can take off tonight, I'll lift early in the morning.
    NACH3 and clarky. like this.

Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by itsmybody View Post
    WHOOAAAA!!!! Behind the back cable movement for delts? Where can we find this online to see how it's done for those who haven't done it before? I want some of that triple side/top/rear stuff for the mini pumpkins too!!!
    This is the best video I could find for you.

Ill do these but add the lean into it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihG4lDlTJ-g

Quote Originally Posted by Sfla80 View Post
    Thanks dci and ag!

Definitely sticking to the plan. Especially since the treatment plan hasn't changed any. Will re evaluate in 3 months after the mri.

Legs for me today.

Squats 5 sets pyramid up. 12 reps each

Reverse Vs (6 plates was really light but the high reps least got a good burn out of them)

Extensions

Seated curls

Lying curls

Seated calves

BP was 128/64 this morning first thing waking up. Not bad. Heart rate is 78?
    What does your pulse normally run, Sfla? Nothing wrong with 78. When I had the really bad arrhythmia, was on heavy digoxin, and my heart was still fairly "floppy", my waking pulse was in the high 90s-100+.

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone
    Unless your hematocrit is running high, you may need a rest day or two. You've been kicking @ss in the gym and then with the new baby arriving soon you may just need a little rest.
    It's def not high. Jut donated a double red and I was within range prior to that.

I feel good now :-)
    almostgone likes this.

- Knockout_Power

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    What does your pulse normally run, Sfla? Nothing wrong with 78. When I had the really bad arrhythmia, was on heavy digoxin, and my heart was still fairly "floppy", my waking pulse was in the high 90s-100+.

Wow... Glad it's under control now, AG!
    almostgone likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    [/B]

Wow... Glad it's under control now, AG!
    Thanks. Much better these days and am off the digoxin, so as Clarky says, "I'm a happy chappy".

Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member

Honestly don't know my normal would be never checked in the mornings. Only time I had was with the crappy bp wrist monitor which was worth a damn.

Kinda why I put the ? By it. Remmeber hearing people in low 60s usually I thought.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Thanks. Much better these days and am off the digoxin, so as Clarky says, "I'm a happy chappy".
    'Happy Chappy, & well chuffed'
    almostgone and clarky. like this.

Splifton is offline Associate Member
    I'm going to try your HIT methodology that everyone practices after I finish up my deload that is about to be due.

So I get the concept of getting in and getting out without spending too much time with the physical aspect so you can focus on feeding "the beast" within. Would you consider 1 hour total in the gym to be too impractical in effectively using the training method? I am trying to create the protocol on paper for visual reference and I never try to ignore the benefits of properly warming up. I would spend roughly 10 minutes with warm ups and stretches and then spend 45 minutes working the designated body part for the day.

Now I am supposed to put a major emphasis on high intensity training and I interpret it from what I've read is occasionally going to failure on final sets, incorporating super sets, drop sets, forced reps, and minimal rest in between sets. I have kept the practice of giving myself the equivalent in in time that I spent under tension to be allocated for my rest. So if I did my working set in 40 seconds then I give myself 40 seconds to rest before the next set.

Since I never have a training partner I was going to try to use more drop sets and then to failure on the machines for safety instead of finding someone who can properly assist me with forced repetitions.

You advice a rep range of 6-8. Is this for the ideology of promoting more myofibrillar growth vs. sarcoplasmic development? I read multiple posts where you explained the physiological variations of weight lifting and activating the desired muscle fibers. Have you experienced anyone achieving less desirable development due to their muscle fiber population being predominately Type I vs Type II? I was always told that environmental factors like the dominant form of exercise can lead to a development catered towards endurance vs. explosiveness over time?

I'm not really built like the member's photos I see and I can't really find a comparison. I'm just hoping to really fill in my feeble structure and actually look like I workout even when I have clothes on.

I can assure you that I have the dieting aspect covered and I can put back some calories when the need is there. I practice an altered variation of your carbohydate periodization methods, but I incorporate more frequent low/no carb days and utilize a weekly refeed/overfeed. I also fancy the nature of nutritional ketosis and frequently maintain ketonic states. However, I'm assuming that having a hypocaloric state will contrast with the nature of HIT. Should I cut out any nutritional manipulation that produces a ketonic environment? In ketosis I shoot for 300+G of protein, but just carb cycling I hit around the 200-250G. Caloric intake ranges between 2200-4000 calories. My refeed day can hit 5000 calories sometimes, but I generally consume some dense sweets. (coffee cake, pizza, sweet potatoes, ice cream) Helps mitigate the potential for the ghreln-induced binge eating sessions.

Sorry for the long post, but I was trying to cover all my thoughts as once. Does it look like I'm heading in the right direction?

P.S What are your stats Marcus? Your picture is incredible! It's definitely motivating when you see the physical result of dedication and self control. I'm wishing I can successfully attain the mind set for pushing the limits. Have to tap into that raw power deep down inside, but I'm failing right now.
    Last edited by Splifton; 09-16-2015 at 09:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sfla80 View Post
    Honestly don't know my normal would be never checked in the mornings. Only time I had was with the crappy bp wrist monitor which was worth a damn.

Kinda why I put the ? By it. Remmeber hearing people in low 60s usually I thought.
    It's somewhat age dependent, and there are lots of other factors including meds, but below is a link to Mayo Clinics definition:

Heart rate: What's normal? - Mayo Clinic

Mine is generally high 70s to low 80s these days at rest, but when I was younger 55-60 bpm was my normal resting pulse.
    Last edited by almostgone; 09-16-2015 at 11:49 PM.

@Splifton

I go by feel. I'm still learning and mastering techniques.... But I've gotten pretty good, over the years, at learning my body. No workout is set in stone. I go in and start attacking a muscle group. I know what needs to be done to take myself beyond failure. I don't write workouts down or what weights I used last week. I utilize feel sets and then gauge what my working set weight will be.

HIT isn't something you will be able to master in a short period of time. It takes a lot of self awareness and discipline. Once you have your first workout where you are completely fvcked but excited.... Where you're tired, drained, but feel accomplished.... That's when you will come on here and not be able to shut up about it. HIT is the foundation to growth..... Many many before you and after you will continue to utilize this proven method
    DCI and NACH3 like this.

- Knockout_Power

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I'm just worried that I won't be able to really dial into that intensity necessary to really harness the power. I remember running till I started to vomit during track season so I'm guessing that mindset and the one required for HIT is pretty similar. Like a do or die kind of mentality.

Should I start to minimize how much I log? I'm an OCD kind of person with my journals. I maintain macro/miconutritional supplements as well as the amount of sleep and my general mood for the day. Should I start to teach myself to go on what I'm feeling? I definitely know what you mean because sometimes I just skip days when I'm not really motivated. If I try to force myself to go I end up demoralizing my work because I know my effort that I put in was disappointing.

I'm really interested in the physiological changes it brings about to the structure of the muscles, especially myocardium tissue. I have read countless studies that correlate the heart's structure with the use of HIIT in comparison to LISS training and standard constant endurance running.

I know this is going to be a long road, but I love science and anything medical/biological so I understand the importance of consistency and short term goals. Not everything in this world is McDonald's-like reward system of results.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Quote Originally Posted by Splifton View Post
    I'm going to try your HIT methodology that everyone practices after I finish up my deload that is about to be due.

So I get the concept of getting in and getting out without spending too much time with the physical aspect so you can focus on feeding "the beast" within. Would you consider 1 hour total in the gym to be too impractical in effectively using the training method? I am trying to create the protocol on paper for visual reference and I never try to ignore the benefits of properly warming up. I would spend roughly 10 minutes with warm ups and stretches and then spend 45 minutes working the designated body part for the day.

Now I am supposed to put a major emphasis on high intensity training and I interpret it from what I've read is occasionally going to failure on final sets, incorporating super sets, drop sets, forced reps, and minimal rest in between sets. I have kept the practice of giving myself the equivalent in in time that I spent under tension to be allocated for my rest. So if I did my working set in 40 seconds then I give myself 40 seconds to rest before the next set.

Since I never have a training partner I was going to try to use more drop sets and then to failure on the machines for safety instead of finding someone who can properly assist me with forced repetitions.

You advice a rep range of 6-8. Is this for the ideology of promoting more myofibrillar growth vs. sarcoplasmic development? I read multiple posts where you explained the physiological variations of weight lifting and activating the desired muscle fibers. Have you experienced anyone achieving less desirable development due to their muscle fiber population being predominately Type I vs Type II? I was always told that environmental factors like the dominant form of exercise can lead to a development catered towards endurance vs. explosiveness over time?

I'm not really built like the member's photos I see and I can't really find a comparison. I'm just hoping to really fill in my feeble structure and actually look like I workout even when I have clothes on.

I can assure you that I have the dieting aspect covered and I can put back some calories when the need is there. I practice an altered variation of your carbohydate periodization methods, but I incorporate more frequent low/no carb days and utilize a weekly refeed/overfeed. I also fancy the nature of nutritional ketosis and frequently maintain ketonic states. However, I'm assuming that having a hypocaloric state will contrast with the nature of HIT. Should I cut out any nutritional manipulation that produces a ketonic environment? In ketosis I shoot for 300+G of protein, but just carb cycling I hit around the 200-250G. Caloric intake ranges between 2200-4000 calories. My refeed day can hit 5000 calories sometimes, but I generally consume some dense sweets. (coffee cake, pizza, sweet potatoes, ice cream) Helps mitigate the potential for the ghreln-induced binge eating sessions.

Sorry for the long post, but I was trying to cover all my thoughts as once. Does it look like I'm heading in the right direction?

P.S What are your stats Marcus? Your picture is incredible! It's definitely motivating when you see the physical result of dedication and self control. I'm wishing I can successfully attain the mind set for pushing the limits. Have to tap into that raw power deep down inside, but I'm failing right now.
    The best thing for you to do is read the whole thread, I know it will take a couple of weeks but I think you need to read the thread to get a FEEL of what I preach and many others. We all have a slight different approach to HIT which suits each of us differently. I don't advice rep range of 6-8 its 6-12 but I really think the best thing for you to do is read all the articles ive written and the questions people have asked and the answers we have told them.

You cant just turn to HIT in your next workout because you have to learn how to take your body to failure, you may think you do take your body to failure but I know you wont be doing. All I can say is read the thread its worth it because every page there is vital information on it to help you understand.

what are your stats?
    how long have you been training?

Thanks for the compliment but I have been doing this for 30years, at the moment I am 259lbs at 5ft 10",
    almostgone and NACH3 like this.

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I'm just worried that I won't be able to really dial into that intensity necessary to really harness the power. I remember running till I started to vomit during track season so I'm guessing that mindset and the one required for HIT is pretty similar. Like a do or die kind of mentality.

Should I start to minimize how much I log? I'm an OCD kind of person with my journals. I maintain macro/miconutritional supplements as well as the amount of sleep and my general mood for the day. Should I start to teach myself to go on what I'm feeling? I definitely know what you mean because sometimes I just skip days when I'm not really motivated. If I try to force myself to go I end up demoralizing my work because I know my effort that I put in was disappointing.

I'm really interested in the physiological changes it brings about to the structure of the muscles, especially myocardium tissue. I have read countless studies that correlate the heart's structure with the use of HIIT in comparison to LISS training and standard constant endurance running.

I know this is going to be a long road, but I love science and anything medical/biological so I understand the importance of consistency and short term goals. Not everything in this world is McDonald's-like reward system of results.
    Honestly - toss your studies in the bin your wasting time and effort that's all I can say. Read the thread and understand the principles of HIT and then get in the gym and take the next few months learning how to take your body and mind to failure.

In this thread we make normal men into beasts and freaks by hard training and opening up the mind to allow us to really train to failure and beyond.
    Last edited by marcus300; 09-16-2015 at 11:28 PM.
    DCI and NACH3 like this.

Definitely not trying to undermine the complexity to it. I already know for a fact that I can't get that intensity going. I've never walked away from a workout feeling like I was crippled, but it sounds satisfying as hell!

I'm 23 years old and I was an endurance athlete since my early teens as well as a center midfield in soccer. I did weight training in high school, but I would describe my teachings to be a more "strength and conditioning" protocol vs. mass monster development. Mostly compound movements like front/back squat, deadlifts, clean and jerk etc. I just sat down and crafted my meticulous workout program I tried to properly develop about 9 months ago. The only source of information I had was what I could remember from high school and from my educational studies surrounding biochemistry and a general understanding of human kinetics.

I measure 6' 5'' for the most part. I weighed in at 180 lbs this morning. I have a 28'' waist when I'm completely depleted, but sadly a 34'' inseam . My arms measured 13'' and legs measured 20''. Calves were 16.5'' and my chest was 43''. I'd say my bodyfat is roughly 9%-10% DEXA scan. I can clearly see my abdominals with slight vascularity on my torso and quadriceps.

The last 9 months I've been focusing on one body part per workout. I alternate every 2 weeks on emphasizing abdominals and calve region. I break my legs up into two categories; quadricep/hip flexors adductors and hamstrings gluteal/calves-abs. I was taking about 1 hour and 30 minutes with my workouts and that is including my warm up, but I was hitting the rep ranges of 10-15 because I chase the pump so I can hopefully feel something afterwards.

I'll try not to post my questions too frequently, but it helps to try to reiterate and comprehend the information I'm reading. From a noob point of view, all of this information is quite mind boggling! I am actually trying to take notes as I go.

Do you have any different threads about that mindset you are always referring to? I am enthralled with this state of mind because I'm a very mellow and overly relaxed individual for the most part. I haven't even been in a physical altercation before!

Just to echo what Marcus and Haz stated above, the more you progress the more you will find your own personal tweaks and quirks.
    I kind of attack my lifts differently from Haz because I go in knowing which exercises I'm going after that day. I lift alone so equipment availability isn't an issue for me. I like having my lifts planned out so all of my focus is on going as deeply into failure as I can and then go farther. I always shoot for beyond failure, but I use my previous lifts and poundages as a reference to see if I'm improving.
    The only time I don't go beyond failure is during a pull back (or deload if you prefer that term).
    Last edited by almostgone; 09-17-2015 at 12:18 AM.
    marcus300 and DCI like this.

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    X2 here i always do deads last and like nach said your back is already fried so you can go a bit lighter on the deads but still destroy the muscle.
    almostgone, DCI and NACH3 like this.

Just to echo what Marcus and Haz stated above, the more you progress the more you will find your own personal tweaks and quirks.
    I kind of attack my lifts differently from Haz because I go in knowing which exercises I'm going after that day. I lift alone so equipment availability isn't an issue for me. I like having my lifts planned out so all of my focus is on going as deeply into failure as I can and then go farther. I always shoot for beyond failure, but I use my previous lifts and poundages as a reference to see if I'm improving.
    The only time I don't go beyond failure is during a pull back (or deload if you prefer that term).
    Because you work alone for the most part, do you try to put a focus on to failure/beyond failure because you can't use a forced rep method? Is "to failure" the same thing as doing burn outs? I used to do a burnout on one exercise per muscle group once a week during my deload period just to really switch up the type of stimulus.

I feel like a little kid again with all of this new knowledge to apply to my training! Unfortunately I move a embarrassing amount of weight so I'm probably going to have a hard time getting to that level of intensity.

Definitely not trying to undermine the complexity to it. I already know for a fact that I can't get that intensity going. I've never walked away from a workout feeling like I was crippled, but it sounds satisfying as hell!

I'm 23 years old and I was an endurance athlete since my early teens as well as a center midfield in soccer. I did weight training in high school, but I would describe my teachings to be a more "strength and conditioning" protocol vs. mass monster development. Mostly compound movements like front/back squat, deadlifts, clean and jerk etc. I just sat down and crafted my meticulous workout program I tried to properly develop about 9 months ago. The only source of information I had was what I could remember from high school and from my educational studies surrounding biochemistry and a general understanding of human kinetics.

I measure 6' 5'' for the most part. I weighed in at 180 lbs this morning. I have a 28'' waist when I'm completely depleted, but sadly a 34'' inseam . My arms measured 13'' and legs measured 20''. Calves were 16.5'' and my chest was 43''. I'd say my bodyfat is roughly 9%-10% DEXA scan. I can clearly see my abdominals with slight vascularity on my torso and quadriceps.

The last 9 months I've been focusing on one body part per workout. I alternate every 2 weeks on emphasizing abdominals and calve region. I break my legs up into two categories; quadricep/hip flexors adductors and hamstrings gluteal/calves-abs. I was taking about 1 hour and 30 minutes with my workouts and that is including my warm up, but I was hitting the rep ranges of 10-15 because I chase the pump so I can hopefully feel something afterwards.

I'll try not to post my questions too frequently, but it helps to try to reiterate and comprehend the information I'm reading. From a noob point of view, all of this information is quite mind boggling! I am actually trying to take notes as I go.

Do you have any different threads about that mindset you are always referring to? I am enthralled with this state of mind because I'm a very mellow and overly relaxed individual for the most part. I haven't even been in a physical altercation before!

There's no other thread everything you want to know about mind set and how to open up that aggression and go to failure is within this thread. If you don't want to read it I can post most of it again but if you did read it all you will see your questions answered.

We are serious in here. We live and breath it and create monsters if you want to start the journey start reading but stop reading studies and start doing what it takes. Ask anyone in here the gains they've have made by implementing HIT.

It's not easy and you have to be strong minded.
    almostgone, DCI, NACH3 and 1 others like this.

There's no other thread everything you want to know about mind set and how to open up that aggression and go to failure is within this thread. If you don't want to read it I can post most of it again but if you did read it all you will see your questions answered.

We are serious in here. We live and breath it and create monsters if you want to start the journey start reading but stop reading studies and start doing what it takes. Ask anyone in here the gains they've have made by implementing HIT.

It's not easy and you have to be strong minded.
    Thanks for the words of encouragement. You should try to do motivational speeches someday because you're mindset is one to envy. And I'll try to stop reading the science behind it, but I have an OCD for wanting to understand the cellular activity of anything. Hoping one day I can make my thesis statement involve the molecular response to progressive overloading or something similar.

One final thought, is this what created that granite look to Dorian Yates or was that more genetics and meticulous conditioning practices? I never really looked that guy up until recently and I didn't know it was physically possible to have that much development! Regardless of AAS usage that level of thickness is insane!!!

Because you work alone for the most part, do you try to put a focus on to failure/beyond failure because you can't use a forced rep method? Is "to failure" the same thing as doing burn outs? I used to do a burnout on one exercise per muscle group once a week during my deload period just to really switch up the type of stimulus.

I feel like a little kid again with all of this new knowledge to apply to my training! Unfortunately I move a embarrassing amount of weight so I'm probably going to have a hard time getting to that level of intensity.

I'll repost some stuff for you to read.

I'm not trying to become massive, but I want to be that guy that you can kind of tell he works out with his clothes on. However once I get down to just my shorts I outsize everyone including those that weigh more than me. I don't really play soccer anymore so I'm thinking 200lbs would be pretty respectable in size.

I'm just tired of being the "skinny" kid even when I outweigh the other person. It's just hard to appear big when you are built like a pole. Also I'm sure having some weight would help lower the ease at which I get bumped around when I play pick up basketball games at the gym. Only person that can dunk, but I'm also the easiest guy to set a pick on and block out.

Always worried more about functionality, but since I joined this site I've become envious of everyone's profile pictures. That kind of hard work makes more of a statement than materialistic achievements I feel.
    Last edited by Splifton; 09-17-2015 at 01:41 AM.

Actually , I can perform forced reps, but only on unilateral exercises like d'bell curls. I use the non-lifting arm to aid with the rep. Failure is exactly that...failure. I try to hit failure @ 8-12 reps on most parts although my biceps are responding better to a higher rep range right now. Occasionally, I will manage to go past 12 or so before I fail and I will write that set off as another feeler/warm up set and start another working set @ a higher weight.

Don't worry so much about the amount of weight. It will go up as you progress. There are times that I'm drop setting during a working set and I know my weights are light compared to most/all of the guys/ ladies in here, but I promise you my intensity is through the roof.
    Be honest with yourself when you're lifting and ask yourself "If it was necessary for me to perform 1 more rep in order to live, could I do it?". If your answer is " yes", then push yourself harder.

Earlier, you referenced running until you puked. Did you ever keep running while you puked? If so, that is the mindset you want to use.
    Last edited by almostgone; 09-17-2015 at 01:46 AM.

Alright I see what you mean now. The burnouts would be having the rep range hitting almost 20-25 per incremental decrease. I should instead pick weights that force me into failure within the 8-12 range and try to hit that range as I gradually decrease the weight on my workload. I watched the Dorian Yates' video where he reached positive failure in his concentric movement and had his partner assist in getting the weight up and then fighting the eccentric portion.

It made sense when he described the different types of strengths and failures within the categorization of positive, negative, and static lifting. I just really need to start practicing some posing and really dial in on the isometric contractions I'm trying to produce. I just recently figured out how to spread my lats will helped so much in feeling the effects from a lat pulldown. It took me almost a year to realize I'm supposed to feel really sore from lat pulldowns and rows. Sorry if my questions are ignorant, but I'm trying to provide myself with the most developed platform to insure my success.

All of the posts in here are so motivating because I know everyone was at my novice level at one time.

DCI
    DCI is offline Productive Member
    Just to echo what AG and Marcus said this is a different type of training that just doesn't happen over night you need to feel and suss out your own body and what way it responds to this training and how to make it activate this programme.

Also the mind over matter imo is the toughest part to keep pushing on through the pain and this is where the start of the growth begins. For me this style of training has changed my whole outlook on everything.
    NACH3, almostgone and clarky. like this.

I'm not trying to become massive, but I want to be that guy that you can kind of tell he works out with his clothes on. However once I get down to just my shorts I outsize everyone including those that weigh more than me. I don't really play soccer anymore so I'm thinking 200lbs would be pretty respectable in size.

I'm just tired of being the "skinny" kid even when I outweigh the other person. It's just hard to appear big when you are built like a pole. Also I'm sure having some weight would help lower the ease at which I get bumped around when I play pick up basketball games at the gym. Only person that can dunk, but I'm also the easiest guy to set a pick on and block out.

Always worried more about functionality, but since I joined this site I've become envious of everyone's profile pictures. That kind of hard work makes more of a statement than materialistic achievements I feel.
    I'm not sure if HIT is for you to be honest.

Post a picture of yourself

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    @ Splifton

Welcome... As Marcus & AG have mentioned, it takes a while for one t truly know what true positive failure is... I thought I. Was hitting it day in and day out - until being called out... I'm newer(cought on and adapted but I'm still learning everyday)!! I'm extremely thankful for this thread in all aspects of life and lifting -

We all go in w/a mind set of im going fvkin destroy this muscle group.... The most powerful thing we have is our mind.. If you can learn to find out what will get you into that zone(inflicting that pain on yourself, the mind muscle connection/and sheer pain we've suffered or things from our past which ignites that fire for us to totally destroy that muscle and push past what we did the day b4) it's really undescribable what ones capable of and once you get this you will see growth in a totally new way... And see yiur body transform!

I also used to go in w/an idea of what I was going to do... Since AG told me one time how he attacks his back(it just clicked) and I now will write down everything im going to do in thst w/o -- it's actually helped very much w/my focus intensity and knowing what I need to do in order to inflict that pain on each muscle group day in and day out -

Who wants to be avg?? Not a single person in this thread.... We all have this in common! but we all want to turn heads be the biggest and carry the most tissue we can - if your not trying to get massive idk if this is the best thing for you - that's for you to decide - but there's surely no fvkin shortage of motivation in here!
    Last edited by NACH3; 09-17-2015 at 04:44 AM.
    almostgone and clarky. like this.

I'm not sure if HIT is for you to be honest.

Post a picture of yourself
    I will get one when I have access to a camera. You talked about Type II B muscle fibers really being the contributors to thickness. I was an endurance athlete all my life, but I've had an insane vertical jump and that comes from my concentration of Type II B fibers in the lower body. So I was just connecting the theoretical dots.. HIT training targets the fast-twitch vs. high volume high repetitions which I've always practiced.

I was just thinking that I've been going about this wrong the whole time. I may not be the most eligible, but I'm not going to give up already on trying it. I enjoy a challenge. I just have to break that preconceived notion that I shouldn't go outside my comfort zone. I've been approaching weight lifting with a very poor mindset.

Gotta stop settling for less when I can only exceed from the desire for more.

I'd rather be prepared and fail than have no preparation at all and still get killed. Who knows it could be a little too intense for me to grasp at this early in my journey. I'm still figuring out what actually feels right. I wish I could train with one of you guys just once to really see what raw power looks like. I've watched the training videos with Dorian Yates and its just insane. I never seen anyone train like that before.
    Last edited by Splifton; 09-17-2015 at 04:55 AM.

bigdil511 is offline Associate Member
    I can attest to it taking time to get used to. I'm on my fourth week now and am still learning how my body responds and really what weights I need to use. Because getting the 8-12 reps is crucial but so is real actual failure, and I'm still figuring this part out.

I love the intensity, the drop set is one of the best exercises I've ever used. The amount I sweat and heart pounding during this workout is unmatched in anything I've ever done. I leave the gym exhausted and drenched with sweat and it feels great. I'm still learning so I'm going to be here all the time posting workouts and asking questions , these guys in here are great for advice.

Btw I read the whole thread took me about 3 weeks. It's totally worth it and would advise anyone trying to do HIT to read the whole thread it really helps you understand the mindset it takes.
    almostgone likes this.

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Leg press

Leg ext

Leg curls

Squats

Lunges

20 minutes low intensity cardio and done
    DCI, almostgone and NACH3 like this.

I will get one when I have access to a camera. You talked about Type II B muscle fibers really being the contributors to thickness. I was an endurance athlete all my life, but I've had an insane vertical jump and that comes from my concentration of Type II B fibers in the lower body. So I was just connecting the theoretical dots.. HIT training targets the fast-twitch vs. high volume high repetitions which I've always practiced.

I was just thinking that I've been going about this wrong the whole time. I may not be the most eligible, but I'm not going to give up already on trying it. I enjoy a challenge. I just have to break that preconceived notion that I shouldn't go outside my comfort zone. I've been approaching weight lifting with a very poor mindset.

Gotta stop settling for less when I can only exceed from the desire for more.

I'd rather be prepared and fail than have no preparation at all and still get killed. Who knows it could be a little too intense for me to grasp at this early in my journey. I'm still figuring out what actually feels right. I wish I could train with one of you guys just once to really see what raw power looks like. I've watched the training videos with Dorian Yates and its just insane. I never seen anyone train like that before.

I'll wait to see the picture but over the next few weeks read the whole thread all your questions are answered
    almostgone likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Man my shoulders are tight(haven't even worked em yet)... I'm going for back today - can't wait to inflict some pain

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3
    Man my shoulders are tight(haven't even worked em yet)... I'm going for back today - can't wait to inflict some pain
    Back today here too..... Legs are absolutely fried lol. So sore I can't pop a squat without making a face haha

almostgone likes this.

- Knockout_Power

Thread Information