Page 652 of 1534 FirstFirst ... 1525526026426476486496506516526536546556566576627027521152 ... LastLast
Results 26,041 to 26,080 of 61340
Like Tree79787Likes

Thread: **Marcus's HIT Dungeon**

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    I would look over some of the routines in here - I like training one BP a day - but I combine arms for atm day -- I tried doing 2BPs in a day and I short changed one each time until I found my split - which changes depending on what BP im trying to bring up - now my delts/arms are slightly overshadowing my chest so im doing
    Chest
    Legs
    Arms
    Off
    Delts/traps
    Back
    Off
    Repeat
    The single most important thing is getting to true positive failure(many times Ive thought I hit it and did not - grasping this is the most important factors as if your not hitting true failure on your working set your beyond failure protocols mean sh!t really - for example if you go for a RP you should only be able to get 1-2(maybe) reps anything to 3 and gauranteed one didn't hit true failure first - this will dig into those type 2b fibers we are trying to recruit...

If benching w/out a spot - use supports or I now just switched over to DBs so I can just drop em when I can't move the weight anymore then go into my drops - hit 4-6 reps at failure then use a weight not too light nor heavy as you drop ya wanta hit about 3 reps at failure then drop for 1-2 - this has been great for me but we all have our tweaks etc -- this goes for any BP for me unless its accessory work Ill hit the higher end reps at failure(10-12ish)...

It'll take time but your feeler sets are very important do your weight isn't too light or heavy if so regroup and count it as a warm up since the blood is flowing

Hope this helps - I couldn't go two majors together atm just b/c of the intensity used during this type of w/o - we avg about 40-50 min between us in here I shoot for under 45min but avg about 42-3min
    Last edited by NACH3; 10-03-2015 at 11:09 AM.
    Bodacious likes this.

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    Quote Originally Posted by NACH3
    I would look over some of the routines in here - I like training one BP a day - but I combine arms for atm day -- I tried doing 2BPs in a day and I short changed one each time until I found my split - which changes depending on what BP im trying to bring up - now my delts/arms are slightly overshadowing my chest so im doing Chest Legs Arms Off Delts/traps Back Off Repeat The single most important thing is getting to true positive failure(many times Ive thought I hit it and did not - grasping this is the most important factors as if your not hitting true failure on your working set your beyond failure protocols mean sh!t really - for example if you go for a RP you should only be able to get 1-2(maybe) reps anything to 3 and gauranteed one didn't hit true failure first - this will dig into those type 2b fibers we are trying to recruit... If benching w/out a spot - use supports or I now just switched over to DBs so I can just drop em when I can't move the weight anymore then go into my drops - hit 4-6 reps at failure then use a weight not too light nor heavy as you drop ya wanta hit about 3 reps at failure then drop for 1-2 - this has been great for me but we all have our tweaks etc -- this goes for any BP for me unless its accessory work Ill hit the higher end reps at failure(10-12ish)... It'll take time but your feeler sets are very important do your weight isn't too light or heavy if so regroup and count it as a warm up since the blood is flowing Hope this helps - I couldn't go two majors together atm just b/c of the intensity used during this type of w/o - we avg about 40-50 min between us in here I shoot for under 45min but avg about 42-3min
    Amazing post! Thanks.

So when you say chest, do you perform multiple exercises? Or just the one?

I have my own squat rack and supports is how I train to failure, and I am looking forward to finding my spot today at about 4-6 reps.

I currently do not have a sufficient set of DBs for this, so I may need to find a set of 120s or something, which would be about half off a hack-squat which I would almost kill to have! Hell, I don't even think I could get one I to my basement, but I would consider it appropriate living room furniture, next to the piano perhaps?

I'm not sure if I can perform drop sets appropriately by myself either. I really have to hit this set the first time.

I'm eating and hitting it in an hour, and I'm already feeling pumped!

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by novastepp View Post
    Amazing post! Thanks.

So when you say chest, do you perform multiple exercises? Or just the one?

I have my own squat rack and supports is how I train to failure, and I am looking forward to finding my spot today at about 4-6 reps.

I currently do not have a sufficient set of DBs for this, so I may need to find a set of 120s or something, which would be about half off a hack-squat which I would almost kill to have! Hell, I don't even think I could get one I to my basement, but I would consider it appropriate living room furniture, next to the piano perhaps?

I'm not sure if I can perform drop sets appropriately by myself either. I really have to hit this set the first time.

I'm eating and hitting it in an hour, and I'm already feeling pumped!
    My chest w/o's and modt in here would look something like this
    Note I don't do flat - im trying to build my upper chest therefore using slight incline and reg incline atm...
    DB press - 1w 5 drop 3 drop 2-3

DB flys - 1w 6 drop 4 drop 2-3(note I went over my 12 rep mark - coulda hit a RP for maybe 1-2 after first drop) just an ex

DB incline press - 1w 4-5 drop 3 drop 2 would be ideal for me

DB inclune flys - 1w DD(double drop you know the rep range / doesn't change unless hitting accessory work(that's me)

Maybe some cable work at the end and im done

Same goes for BB - I will use the Smith for incline work too!

Alright alright alright my man.

I'm going to go for flat BB, incline BB, and then figure out a way to superset incline and decline flys.

I would love to do more, but I'm not sure if I'll have the time, plus I'd love to truly hit my positive failure today, so I'm going to concentrate on doing that and getting in and out.

The way I'm set up today, these should be no trouble. A quick aside, how much rest between exercises? I'm accustomed to about 3 minutes.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Alright alright alright my man.

I'm going to go for flat BB, incline BB, and then figure out a way to superset incline and decline flys.

I would love to do more, but I'm not sure if I'll have the time, plus I'd love to truly hit my positive failure today, so I'm going to concentrate on doing that and getting in and out.

The way I'm set up today, these should be no trouble. A quick aside, how much rest between exercises? I'm accustomed to about 3 minutes.
    LOL

No more than a min between ex's... And once you start your working set you don't stop to rest until it's done(drops negs etc) unless your RPing it you hold the weight in hand or under tension w/no break but drops are my go to for chest especially w/out a spot -- with a spot they can drop the weight for you whike you hold it under tension still...

LOL No more than a min between ex's... And once you start your working set you don't stop to rest until it's done(drops negs etc) unless your RPing it you hold the weight in hand or under tension w/no break but drops are my go to for chest especially w/out a spot -- with a spot they can drop the weight for you whike you hold it under tension still...
    I'm so glad you laughed at that!

Good lord, no more than 1 min between exercises? Should I feel out my different exercises a little before I start since this is my first try? I may a little, just to get an idea.

Drop sets without a spit on BB would be excruciatingly difficult, especially when working quickly. I am going o have to feel forever and really get it right. I'm pretty sure I know where I am, so the BB bench should be too tough. I'll have the incline bar loaded so I can jump in a min later and die.

I'm nervously excited!

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=novastepp;7109224]I'm so glad you laughed at that!

Good lord, no more than 1 min between exercises? Should I feel out my different exercises a little before I start since this is my first try? I may a little, just to get an idea.

Drop sets without a spit on BB would be excruciatingly difficult, especially when working quickly. I am going o have to feel forever and really get it right. I'm pretty sure I know where I am, so the BB bench should be too tough. I'll have the incline bar loaded so I can jump in a min later and die.

I'm nervously excited![/QUOTE/]

great line!
    Oh no... Always youse your feeler sets b4 ever going into a working set

Just no more than a min in between your next exercise - do yes most definitely always feel out out your working set that's what makes your working set so fast is that your weights are basically known b/c of your feelers - without them you shouldn't be able to know what weight(exactly) your going to use especially doing this for the first time

But we all have our feeler sets added into our working set(3 feelers 1w DD FOR example as I would write it)

Gotcha. So a minute until the feeler, got it. I'm in my own dungeon now, so I'll let you know how it goes.

So...
    It could go better, but I'm pleasantly surprised with how well I did for a rookie.

Ended up doing 3 feelers for BBbench and settled on 285 for my working set. I repped out 6, and that 6th felt like it took 20 mins, and racked it. Keeping my hands on the bar I took a couple deep breaths and struggled up 2 more reps and then hit a slow negative and called it. So all things considered, 9 reps.

After 2 feelers on incline, I was ready to work. I settled on 225 and pushed out 8 grueling reps. Due to the fact that I was by myself and had supports, I decided it was time for a negative and ended it. Again, 9 reps. I did not feel I could clean the weight back up to the incline bar in any manageable time, so that was it.

I went for decline DB press to finish, and I had 2 feeler sets and settled on 80s but I hit 10 reps, rested and shot up 3 more and went with a negative. I knew this would happen, which is why I said I was hesitant to try Dbs, but it was close enough for my first time, especially since I had to move quickly.

Last, I decided to try weighted push-ups, since I have been doing them for sometime, and I really enjoy them. I did a body weight feeler and threw on the 45 pound jacket. I completed 9 reps and did a slow negative. Got up into push-up position and did 1 more rep and failed the 2nd. Got up and did a nice and slow negative. Not counting the failed rep, I did 12. Next time I will throw a 25lb plate on my back as well and go to town.

I did finish with some lightweight incline and decline flies but those were basically to bring my pump into epic proportions.

To reflect, the BB bench went really well and I feel I can manage that exercise alone.

I need to noodle with the incline because I could have rest paused another rep and then completed my negative, but with only myself and the supports, this isn't a timely option. Perhaps instead of the 2 45 lb plates I could break it up and go for a drop set? Again, something to think about.

I may do weighted push-ups 3rd the next time I do chest. I can easily reset, rest pause, and negative those with my vest and added plates.

The DBs may work at the very end of the workout. I will make this switch next time. Also, I may be able to do them flat and make it more difficult? Room for improvement here.

Overall I did torch my chest, and for the record it was different than hypertrophy training for sure. I'm subscribed!
    NACH3 likes this.

Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    So...
    It could go better, but I'm pleasantly surprised with how well I did for a rookie.

Ended up doing 3 feelers for BBbench and settled on 285 for my working set. I repped out 6, and that 6th felt like it took 20 mins, and racked it. Keeping my hands on the bar I took a couple deep breaths and struggled up 2 more reps and then hit a slow negative and called it. So all things considered, 9 reps.

After 2 feelers on incline, I was ready to work. I settled on 225 and pushed out 8 grueling reps. Due to the fact that I was by myself and had supports, I decided it was time for a negative and ended it. Again, 9 reps. I did not feel I could clean the weight back up to the incline bar in any manageable time, so that was it.

I went for decline DB press to finish, and I had 2 feeler sets and settled on 80s but I hit 10 reps, rested and shot up 3 more and went with a negative. I knew this would happen, which is why I said I was hesitant to try Dbs, but it was close enough for my first time, especially since I had to move quickly.

Last, I decided to try weighted push-ups, since I have been doing them for sometime, and I really enjoy them. I did a body weight feeler and threw on the 45 pound jacket. I completed 9 reps and did a slow negative. Got up into push-up position and did 1 more rep and failed the 2nd. Got up and did a nice and slow negative. Not counting the failed rep, I did 12. Next time I will throw a 25lb plate on my back as well and go to town.

I did finish with some lightweight incline and decline flies but those were basically to bring my pump into epic proportions.

To reflect, the BB bench went really well and I feel I can manage that exercise alone.

I need to noodle with the incline because I could have rest paused another rep and then completed my negative, but with only myself and the supports, this isn't a timely option. Perhaps instead of the 2 45 lb plates I could break it up and go for a drop set? Again, something to think about.

I may do weighted push-ups 3rd the next time I do chest. I can easily reset, rest pause, and negative those with my vest and added plates.

The DBs may work at the very end of the workout. I will make this switch next time. Also, I may be able to do them flat and make it more difficult? Room for improvement here.

Overall I did torch my chest, and for the record it was different than hypertrophy training for sure. I'm subscribed!
    I like it man. I'll let nach and some of the others chime in. But seems like you got this.

Incline for sure. Add 45,25,10,10. Hit your reps. Take a 10 off, hit a couple more. Drop sets are a great tool especially to get you past that beyond positive failure.

With the db, marcus let us in on the pre exhaust routine and would good for you since u do not have heavier db.

Let's sat flat. Grab "50s" do your set of db flies first once u hit failure here, do not stop or put db down. Go straight into a press and try to nail out a good 6-8 reps. That would be one working set.

Keep on posting man....looks good so far
    NACH3 and almostgone like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sfla80
    I like it man. I'll let nach and some of the others chime in. But seems like you got this. Incline for sure. Add 45,25,10,10. Hit your reps. Take a 10 off, hit a couple more. Drop sets are a great tool especially to get you past that beyond positive failure. With the db, marcus let us in on the pre exhaust routine and would good for you since u do not have heavier db. Let's sat flat. Grab "50s" do your set of db flies first once u hit failure here, do not stop or put db down. Go straight into a press and try to nail out a good 6-8 reps. That would be one working set. Keep on posting man....looks good so far
    Great ideas! Thanks for posting.

I need to do drop sets on incline for sure, but I need to figure out how to do this quickly. I may have to squat the weight off the supports to hit another set soon after my first stop at failure.

I will try the flies to failure and shift to presses. This may work, but to be honest, I don't have 50s either. Haha. Maybe time to buy more dbs.

Quote Originally Posted by novastepp
    Great ideas! Thanks for posting. I need to do drop sets on incline for sure, but I need to figure out how to do this quickly. I may have to squat the weight off the supports to hit another set soon after my first stop at failure. I will try the flies to failure and shift to presses. This may work, but to be honest, I don't have 50s either. Haha. Maybe time to buy more dbs.
    Would be ass to legs squats probably, but I shouldn't have trouble with 225. Squat it back up, sit down, and press it again. This may just work. Haha sounds ridiculous, but so is absolute complete positive failure!

Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member

I need to do drop sets on incline for sure, but I need to figure out how to do this quickly. I may have to squat the weight off the supports to hit another set soon after my first stop at failure.

I will try the flies to failure and shift to presses. This may work, but to be honest, I don't have 50s either. Haha. Maybe time to buy more dbs.
    Lol oh see I took it as u had a whole set of db that just didn't go heavy enough.

I don't believe I ever worked with supporters. Would u mind posting a pic of these?

Quote Originally Posted by Sfla80
    Lol oh see I took it as u had a whole set of db that just didn't go heavy enough. I don't believe I ever worked with supporters. Would u mind posting a pic of these?
    It's just the support bars that stop the BB from killing me. So for incline, I'm working inside the rack.

Great ideas! Thanks for posting. I need to do drop sets on incline for sure, but I need to figure out how to do this quickly. I may have to squat the weight off the supports to hit another set soon after my first stop at failure. I will try the flies to failure and shift to presses. This may work, but to be honest, I don't have 50s either. Haha. Maybe time to buy more dbs.
    Wonder if I could use 35s and do 10 or so flies and then push the 80s? Would that count? Sounds like the idea of "prefatiguing" which I have used for legs before. This may solve my dilemma temporarily too.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries

I think you have the basic idea of failure but it'll take time - it looked good on that end - like Sfla said drops are the bomb lol - I don't have a spot all the time so get up take the weight off and go right back at it - I mean that all you can do right

So obviously the most important thing is true positive failure - it seems you've completed that part which is great - it's getting into this mindset for every Ex ya know it's hard - I'm no master but I try and say what Marcus would - along those lines same concept just don't know how to convey his raw intensity and sheer confidence - this is important - I have to go in thinking I'm the best and no one can keep up w/me b/c I push myself harder each day - or do we try - sorry for rant -

Utilizing drops - if no spot just get off and drop the weight fast and get back under there that's all w/a spot you can keep all the tension on the muscle making it EVEN harder - but it's a great beyond failure protocol - really it really digs deep and w/supports your going to failure - just next time. Try hitting 4-6 in your working set at failure but that. Changes your drop weights (4 drop 3-4 drop 2-3)

Stick around and post up your w/o's - and Kel AG & Marcus have different splits - you should pick their brain about their splits b/c they utilize more rest days as they've mastered and adapted over time!

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Wonder if I could use 35s and do 10 or so flies and then push the 80s? Would that count? Sounds like the idea of "prefatiguing" which I have used for legs before. This may solve my dilemma temporarily too.

Pre-exhaust

We do that a lot some more than others I like it a lot

Chest
    Flys into presses incline

Slight incline or flat flys into presses
    Your exploding w/blood flow it's a protocol utilized in here very often and people will put pre-exhaust up on their w/o

And shoulders for me - it really loosens up my shoulder for pressing at the end rather than the beginning - it's like your regular w/o backwards almost -
    DB side laterals
    Front raises(I like rev grip front raises)
    Upright rows
    Face pulls
    M.P
    Shrugs(that's traps too)
    Last edited by NACH3; 10-03-2015 at 02:20 PM.

I think you have the basic idea of failure but it'll take time - it looked good on that end - like Sfla said drops are the bomb lol - I don't have a spot all the time so get up take the weight off and go right back at it - I mean that all you can do right So obviously the most important thing is true positive failure - it seems you've completed that part which is great - it's getting into this mindset for every Ex ya know it's hard - I'm no master but I try and say what Marcus would - along those lines same concept just don't know how to convey his raw intensity and sheer confidence - this is important - I have to go in thinking I'm the best and no one can keep up w/me b/c I push myself harder each day - or do we try - sorry for rant - Utilizing drops - if no spot just get off and drop the weight fast and get back under there that's all w/a spot you can keep all the tension on the muscle making it EVEN harder - but it's a great beyond failure protocol - really it really digs deep and w/supports your going to failure - just next time. Try hitting 4-6 in your working set at failure but that. Changes your drop weights (4 drop 3-4 drop 2-3) Stick around and post up your w/o's - and Kel AG & Marcus have different splits - you should pick their brain about their splits b/c they utilize more rest days as they've mastered and adapted over time!
    I def went further beyond failure than I ever do. I know I had nothing left on the BB or the push-ups for sure. But drop sets may prove me wrong. Interesting that you hit a 4-6 range for failure, then drop for 2-3, then drop again. How do you know when you're truly finished if you keep dropping? Wouldn't you theoretically be able to drop down to nearly no weight? Am I thinking too much? I mean if I dropped to 205 on incline, then 185, I could drop to 135 and probably do another 4, but should I? Or does that mean I haven't gone hard enough?

I have been graced with the mental fortitude to be able to execute heavy sets that strain and push my sanity more than my muscles. Haha. It's true that many never really achieve this level of strength.

I may have to incorporate the prefatigue into the DB work to hit my failure point, going forward.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    I def went further beyond failure than I ever do. I know I had nothing left on the BB or the push-ups for sure. But drop sets may prove me wrong. Interesting that you hit a 4-6 range for failure, then drop for 2-3, then drop again. How do you know when you're truly finished if you keep dropping? Wouldn't you theoretically be able to drop down to nearly no weight? Am I thinking too much? I mean if I dropped to 205 on incline, then 185, I could drop to 135 and probably do another 4, but should I? Or does that mean I haven't gone hard enough?

I have been graced with the mental fortitude to be able to execute heavy sets that strain and push my sanity more than my muscles. Haha. It's true that many never really achieve this level of strength.

I may have to incorporate the prefatigue into the DB work to hit my failure point, going forward.
    Yes you absolutely could drop to no weight but your turning it into volume training right? This is the exact opposite of that if one kept dropping you'd end up w/at least 20reps at least - think about it - this is definitely heavy High Intensity Training - if I hit 4-5 reps to failure then drop for 3 I can have the same weight for 2 maybe 1.5 and rack it sometimes - if I can't move the weight any more I'm beyond failure b/c I just hit it b4 - I just drop the bells and grab the next drop - I use a smith also as my shoulder isn't the best fog reg BB. - that's also why I switched to bells it can get weird if not aligned properly and pushing a good amount of weight if I don't have a spot I can dump it forward on the way down lol
    Last edited by NACH3; 10-03-2015 at 02:42 PM.

Hoggage_54 is offline Suspended or Banned either way gone!
    Hit shoulders today.

What a week. 5+ years after not exercising, eating like shit and doing other things, to lifting and eating clean all week.

Cooking up some chicken drumsticks and brown rice for dinner.
    NACH3 and almostgone like this.

Yes you absolutely could drop to no weight but your turning it into volume training right? This is the exact opposite of that if one kept dropping you'd end up w/at least 20reps at least - think about it - this is definitely heavy High Intensity Training - if I hit 4-5 reps to failure then drop for 3 I can have the same weight for 2 maybe 1.5 and rack it sometimes - if I can't move the weight any more I'm beyond failure b/c I just hit it b4 - I just drop the bells and grab the next drop - I use a smith also as my shoulder isn't the best fog reg BB. - that's also why I switched to bells it can get weird if not aligned properly and pushing a good amount of weight if I don't have a spot I can dump it forward on the way down lol
    Understood. Trying to grasp the intricacies because I can go to failure.

So I wouldn't bother with negatives if I can drop weight a do a few and achieve failure again after hitting it before. Or perhaps hit a negative on the drop. Wow, now that sounds tougher. Failure at 5, with a neg. drop to hit 2-3 and pull another failed neg. damn.
    NACH3 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoggage_54
    Hit shoulders today. What a week. 5+ years after not exercising, eating like shit and doing other things, to lifting and eating clean all week. Cooking up some chicken drumsticks and brown rice for dinner.
    Amazing post, my man! Glad you're back and have made some positive changes.

Bodacious is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoggage_54 View Post
    Hit shoulders today.

What a week. 5+ years after not exercising, eating like shit and doing other things, to lifting and eating clean all week.

Cooking up some chicken drumsticks and brown rice for dinner.
    Good week then. Way to start back.

Ya know, I honestly feel different after this workout. And to be honest, I feel a little like shit. Haha

My arms and generally my upper body, feels tired as in I feel tightness even from holding my kids or cleaning and cooking in the kitchen. I believe this to be the intensity of the training. Glad my diet has been on point today because I can tell I need it.

Completely understand the possibility of overtraining as well because I used to get these feelings after the good ol SwoleSquats routine, and I needed a rest day afterward.

Happy though, because this is new, and if you push it with a new routine, it should be difficult and very difficult for your body to adjust.

Hope to learn more in the coming days and weeks and see what the HIT dungeon can do for me!
    almostgone likes this.

Amazing post, my man! Glad you're back and have made some positive changes.
    It feels good. Definitely going to be upping the intensity next week and doing more overall.

The only part I didn't hit directly was arms, but after chest and back days, my bi's and tri's were so sore I couldn't even straighten or fully bend my arms for days... they are still both a bit sore.

It feels good. Definitely going to be upping the intensity next week and doing more overall. The only part I didn't hit directly was arms, but after chest and back days, my bi's and tri's were so sore I couldn't even straighten or fully bend my arms for days... they are still both a bit sore.
    Exactly! The arms get absolutely pounded with compound movements for chest and back. During hypertrophy training, the only arms I did was at the end of the workout I would do one exercise and torch them with a few sets of 8-10 reps each.

Exactly! The arms get absolutely pounded with compound movements for chest and back. During hypertrophy training, the only arms I did was at the end of the workout I would do one exercise and torch them with a few sets of 8-10 reps each.
    That's how I did it way back when. I would do tri's at the end of a chest workout, usually dips and some skull crushers and that would be it... I would do bi's at the end of a back workout, seated curls and then non-curls on an inclined bench, where you lift and keep your arms facing out... not sure what that's called when you don't curl?

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    It feels good. Definitely going to be upping the intensity next week and doing more overall. The only part I didn't hit directly was arms, but after chest and back days, my bi's and tri's were so sore I couldn't even straighten or fully bend my arms for days... they are still both a bit sore.
    As much as you masturbate, your arms should be fine. as long as you are switching it up
    almostgone likes this.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Maybe I should split them up and hit tris separately from the delts?
    Nova, there's a 5 way split on page 41 that Marcus posted. I really like it and it works well with Kel's EOD approach to lifting. My work schedule is very hectic and my old body appreciates the rest day in between.
    I don't always use the rest day and sometimes lift 2 days in a row, but that is more the exception than the rule.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone
    Nova, there's a 5 way split on page 41 that Marcus posted. I really like it and it works well with Kel's EOD approach to lifting. My work schedule is very hectic and my old body appreciates the rest day in between. I don't always use the rest day and sometimes lift 2 days in a row, but that is more the exception than the rule.
    AG it's great to hear from you. I hope you have been well.

Thanks for the referral, in deed! There are many weeks when I prefer to go eod, so that will be great. Other times, as an exception like you mentioned, I go a couple days in a row.

So is this heavy HIT training the new "way"?! It seems to really have a following here and I have been reading online about the scope of its science and it appears to have real merit.

Back is very sore from yesterday mornngs lift. Also spent most of last night hunkered over a lathe that was designed for someone much shorter than me. Very busy night, filled up over half a 55 gallon drum with stainless chips from the lathe work.
    Going to stretch some here in a few before I start getting ready for work. Will be hitting chest tomorrow night.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Is there a place for hypertrophy training as a break from the HIT schedule? Just curious because it appears that overtraining is a concern, and I know that when taxing the CNS repeatedly,especially to failure, a change is often prescribed at about 3 weeks into the routine. How does that work here?

AG it's great to hear from you. I hope you have been well.

Thanks for the referral, in deed! There are many weeks when I prefer to go eod, so that will be great. Other times, as an exception like you mentioned, I go a couple days in a row.

So is this heavy HIT training the new "way"?! It seems to really have a following here and I have been reading online about the scope of its science and it appears to have real merit.
    Thanks, Nova. : ) I'm good, high mileage, but as long as I get to lift, I'm happy.
    HIT isn't really new, but there are always new variations, twists, and tweaks to the approach. I much prefer it to the volume training that I did in my youth.

Earlier, you posted about your chest lift and I believe you lift at home (there are several of us that do). There are several ways you can pre exhaust for chest. A simple approach would be a few sets of pushups prior to flyes and pressing. That will help.keep the weight down, save the wear and tear on the joints, and really allow you to dig in deep and work the muscle.

It sounds like.you have a good grasp of what HIT is about. It just takes a bit of time to get the mind wrapped around the beyond failure aspect since the beyond failure portion is always evolving/changing as you advance.
    You'll see new things to try every day that you read posts in here, so I find that it always stays interesting.
    Also, it is lifter dependent, but about every 4-6 weeks, I go into a pullback mode. Marcus has posted on it, but basically it's a period of a week or so where you go to failure. You keep the intensity up, short rest periods, but no beyond failure techniques.
    You will probably know when to hit a pullback mode. Your body will feel beat down and you just feel gassed.

Is there a place for hypertrophy training as a break from the HIT schedule? Just curious because it appears that overtraining is a concern, and I know that when taxing the CNS repeatedly,especially to failure, a change is often prescribed at about 3 weeks into the routine. How does that work here?
    LOL, I was typing as you were posting.

Going to do a little rolling on this back and and of stretching. Will check back in a little while.

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    I've got pork slow cooking, masa slowly cooking, and dried corn husks soaking in water.

Tmrw night..... Pork Tamales! I didnt know they took two hours to steam..... That ruled them out for dinner tonight lol
    almostgone and NACH3 like this.
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    I've got pork slow cooking, masa slowly cooking, and dried corn husks soaking in water.

Tmrw night..... Pork Tamales! I didnt know they took two hours to steam..... That ruled them out for dinner tonight lol
    How's mama and the family, Haz? Sounds like you may be spoiling them?

Igifuno is offline AR's Italian Tonic
    Blog Entries
    This thread is huge! I've been reading here and there, but it seems like this may be the most consistent workout thread in the site right now. I'm looking for a community to help me include some variations into my workouts. I have several different variations in my routine, and I know what HIT is, but I'm interesting in learning how you guts apply it. Check me if I'm wrong, but we are talking about a single working set after war ups and evaluation sets, correct! Is there anyone, or a post in this thread, that could help me understand it so I can go for it? Many days my workouts need to be quick, <30 minutes, because I am watching/ playing w my kids while I am working out in my basement. I'm all for reading and learning, and you guys seems to be very encouraging and helpful, so I want in. At least, a little bit, ya know, as a newbie to the thread. -nOva
    Welcome nova. Stick around and grow with us!
    almostgone likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone
    Thanks, Nova. : ) I'm good, high mileage, but as long as I get to lift, I'm happy. HIT isn't really new, but there are always new variations, twists, and tweaks to the approach. I much prefer it to the volume training that I did in my youth. Earlier, you posted about your chest lift and I believe you lift at home (there are several of us that do). There are several ways you can pre exhaust for chest. A simple approach would be a few sets of pushups prior to flyes and pressing. That will help.keep the weight down, save the wear and tear on the joints, and really allow you to dig in deep and work the muscle. It sounds like.you have a good grasp of what HIT is about. It just takes a bit of time to get the mind wrapped around the beyond failure aspect since the beyond failure portion is always evolving/changing as you advance. You'll see new things to try every day that you read posts in here, so I find that it always stays interesting. Also, it is lifter dependent, but about every 4-6 weeks, I go into a pullback mode. Marcus has posted on it, but basically it's a period of a week or so where you go to failure. You keep the intensity up, short rest periods, but no beyond failure techniques. You will probably know when to hit a pullback mode. Your body will feel beat down and you just feel gassed.
    Right on!

So I'm understanding more and more, even today, as I read. I can go ahead and lightly fatigue the muscles because going heavy and hard is all that matters. It is making more and more sense to me as I read. I think I may bunker down tonight and try and read the majority of this ridiculously long thread. Don't be surprised if I don't reply to older posts to help bump them up and keep them fresh for me to refer to later.
    almostgone likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Igifuno
    Welcome nova. Stick around and grow with us!
    I'm here and I'm ready for gains.

Thread Information