Page 817 of 1534 FirstFirst ... 3177177678078128138148158168178188198208218228278679171317 ... LastLast
Results 32,641 to 32,680 of 61340
Like Tree79787Likes

Thread: **Marcus's HIT Dungeon**

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    Quote Originally Posted by NACH3
    Yeah it's not like my way is perfect but I definitely do not shy away from Marcus' way and theory! It's proven lol Like Haz stated its a necessity to have a partner(& one who knows how you move and when to start stepping in)to get that negative pressure and forced reps into negatives.... IV I have a spotter they don't get how to apply the negative pressure and that can and will injure you if not done properly but it's by far the best fvking feeling on chest I've ever had... I live forced reps into negs(surely my favorite beyond failure protocol)!
    It pisses me off to know that, because years ago in graduate school, I was lifting to maintain what I had and didn't know HIT.

In hindsight, I had the best freaking workout partner I'll ever have: he was young, strong, and had the drive to work hard. If I had known about HIT and had been there mentally, I'm sure it would have been legendary.

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Bio, Sfla, krugerr, Girly, Nach Nova, good sessions guys and girls.
    Nachy boy that looks fvcking good mate
    NACH3 likes this.

Bio-Active is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Everyone here is tearing it up. Great job everyone!!
    NACH3, Bodacious and almostgone like this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by novastepp View Post
    Right. I ended on a positive rep that was literally crawling up. I could not have performed another...on my own. So I do the negative. Not every set I do works out this way, but occasionally it does.

In other words, I will not be able to complete another positive rep, I may be able to do a partial press, but I figure it is more constructive to perform a nice 4-5 second negative rather than try a rep that will fail.

Honestly, that is a huge question for me, is that right? Should I bust my guts on a half press that fails, or do a nice slow negative if the rep prior was a nightmare and was all I had?
    IMHO I'd rather go for that extra rep.. If you don't get it(you've got the supports to catch it) that imo(fighting for 15sec to try and get that last positive rep)... That is what true failure is, correct? THats what we are trying to accomplish! Not pressing and 'maybe' not getting it is short changing yourself into thinking your at failure when in all reality you haven't hit it yet(so that negative isn't doing any damage... And that half rep will dig deeper into your muscle fibers then a negative that isn't really a true negative)...
    Bodacious likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3
    IMHO I'd rather go for that extra rep.. If you don't get it(you've got the supports to catch it) that imo(fighting for 15sec to try and get that last positive rep)... That is what true failure is, correct? THats what we are trying to accomplish! Not pressing and 'maybe' not getting it is short changing yourself into thinking your at failure when in all reality you haven't hit it yet(so that negative isn't doing any damage... And that half rep will dig deeper into your muscle fibers then a negative that isn't really a true negative)...
    Many times I do. And I've been thinking about this quite a bit. I understand that I shouldn't short change myself, but those negatives feel so good, and by myself I'm not going to get it.

However, you speak the truth! I should just scream through a half rep and basically take it as that and a static isolation. Drops from that point would be beyond failure and then strangling myself again on a half rep would go double toward that beyond failure damage.

Thanks for talking with me about it, sometimes that helps it really sink in.
    NACH3 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by novastepp View Post
    Many times I do. And I've been thinking about this quite a bit. I understand that I shouldn't short change myself, but those negatives feel so good, and by myself I'm not going to get it.

However, you speak the truth! I should just scream through a half rep and basically take it as that and a static isolation. Drops from that point would be beyond failure and then strangling myself again on a half rep would go double toward that beyond failure damage.

Thanks for talking with me about it, sometimes that helps it really sink in.
    Yes man what ever it takes to go beyond failure is were the big gains come from. Keep up the good work

Quote Originally Posted by Bio-Active
    Yes man what ever it takes to go beyond failure is were the big gains come from. Keep up the good work
    Thanks Bio. I can hit failure no problem, it seems I have an issue with knowing exactly what to do when I get there. From now on, on everything, I'm going to suffer through the static portion of positive failure. And go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by novastepp
    Thanks Bio. I can hit failure no problem, it seems I have an issue with knowing exactly what to do when I get there. From now on, on everything, I'm going to suffer through the static portion of positive failure. And go from there.
    exactly even at the part that you fail in the positive movement you still have more to fail on the negative
    almostgone likes this.

Bodacious is offline Productive Member
    Great posts guys! Good information!

almostgone is offline AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sfla80 View Post
    Epic arm workout this morning (might be mental or the 25mg of tne either way destroyed it.

I'm gonna post my working weights so I have a visual of increase if u guys don't mind.

Smith close grip 2 warm 1f 1w (240) DD

Incline ez bar skulls 1f 1w (85) 1d

Ez bar push down 2f 1w (180 2 slots from whole stack) then triple drop

Cable kick backs 2w

Bis

Bent over iso curl 2f 1w (45) DD

Incline db curl 1f 1w (35) 1d

Hammer db ran the rack here. 1w 50s down to 25s

Close grip ezbar cables 1 w DD

Finished with some hanging knees, rope crunch, and side bends.

Was a great workout and very intense!!

The anti inflammatory for the knee is masking the issue cause I've been feeling pretty good. Long day yesterday it was very sore but when I went to do hanging knees I jumped up....and there the pain was.
    Good stuff, Sfla! You're frontloading your run, right? If so, 25-50mg of the TNE should be gracious plenty. Long esters should be climbing quickly now. Sounds like it is going to be a good one!
    Easy on that knee though. Don't want to aggravate it now.
    Last edited by almostgone; 01-24-2016 at 08:29 PM.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Oh dang, this is a whole new level of sore. The long count negatives into a full stretch did some good stuff!
    Lots to do tomorrow morning when I get off of work, but planning to hit chest.
    Last edited by almostgone; 01-24-2016 at 08:31 PM.
    BG and clarky. like this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

exactly even at the part that you fail in the positive movement you still have more to fail on the negative
    Perfect way of putting it in that regard.

Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post

Good stuff, Sfla! You're frontloading your run, right? If so, 25-50mg of the TNE should be gracious plenty. Long esters should be climbing quickly now. Sounds like it is going to be a good one!
    Easy on that knee though. Don't want to aggravate it now.
    Yeah front loading....it's almost over....I have another pin tomorrow. That would total 1500. Then 750 the rest of the way.

Two reasons for the 25mg tne...figured first run just to test the waters. And too early in the blast to go big.

Other was that it was a delt pin day...really.did not want to go over 2ml. Although did 3ml in glute they other day of just test and was so smooth. Liking this so far lol
    almostgone likes this.

Oh dang, this is a whole new level of sore. The long count negatives into a full stretch did some good stuff!
    Lots to do tomorrow morning when I get off of work, but planning to hit chest.
    Have to start those long counts again. Really destroys u
    almostgone likes this.

Perfect way of putting it in that regard.
    I think of it as finishing the muscle off
    almostgone likes this.

I go in to the Chiropractor tomorrow. Hoping to see that my kyphosis isn't worse. Having some lower back/sacral tension lately too. Looking forward to an adjustment a lot and then muscle stimulation as well. Should be a great rest day.

Quote Originally Posted by Sfla80
    Yeah front loading....it's almost over....I have another pin tomorrow. That would total 1500. Then 750 the rest of the way. Two reasons for the 25mg tne...figured first run just to test the waters. And too early in the blast to go big. Other was that it was a delt pin day...really.did not want to go over 2ml. Although did 3ml in glute they other day of just test and was so smooth. Liking this so far lol
    I wouldn't pin 3 in the delt but in the glute or quad it should be no problem

I think of it as finishing the muscle off
    I may be saying that out loud next time. Now it just makes so much sense to go for that last rep and grind out that failed rep.

I may be saying that out loud next time. Now it just makes so much sense to go for that last rep and grind out that failed rep.
    it's how you really hit those deep muscle fibers and get that real muscle maturity

Quote Originally Posted by Bio-Active View Post
    I wouldn't pin 3 in the delt but in the glute or quad it should be no problem
    Yeah exactly. ...won't go over 2 ml in delt.

I did the 3 in the gulte.
    almostgone likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sfla80
    Yeah exactly. ...won't go over 2 ml in delt. I did the 3 in the gulte.
    I've done over 2 in the delt before with no issue but I've also done it's had my delt swell up pretty big from the oil. Never had an issue in the quad though. Quad has become my go to now because there is so much room to rotate the pin area and easy access

Quote Originally Posted by Bio-Active View Post
    I've done over 2 in the delt before with no issue but I've also done it's had my delt swell up pretty big from the oil. Never had an issue in the quad though. Quad has become my go to now because there is so much room to rotate the pin area and easy access

Makes it real easy to split up large injections bilaterally.

krugerr is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Monday - 6am

Why, I do believe it must be gym-o'clock. Heading for a back workout now. Walking is nearly impossible after yesterdays calves!!

**EDIT** Update

Code:

Calves

Standing Calve Raise
    *Warmup - Light 15 reps. 
    *Working - 55kg x 8. Forced reps. Immediately into flat floor raises x20. 
    *Working - As above, no rest between sets. No weight drop. 

Each set got more and more painful, and my brother was practically calve raising it for me on the later ones. No resting, I was in abolute agony. The flat floor raises became half, which became quarter reps. Collpased afterward and they were solid to touch, so much blood in them, they were like stone. Ached all day, now I am sat at my desk and I cannot walk.
    Last edited by krugerr; 01-25-2016 at 05:18 AM.
    almostgone, DCI, marcus300 and 3 others like this.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Quote Originally Posted by krugerr View Post
    Monday - 6am

Why, I do believe it must be gym-o'clock. Heading for a back workout now. Walking is nearly impossible after yesterdays calves!!

**EDIT** Update

Code:

Calves

Standing Calve Raise
    *Warmup - Light 15 reps. 
    *Working - 55kg x 8. Forced reps. Immediately into flat floor raises x20. 

Each set got more and more painful, and my brother was practically calve raising it for me on the later ones. No resting, I was in abolute agony. The flat floor raises became half, which became quarter reps. Collpased afterward and they were solid to touch, so much blood in them, they were like stone. Ached all day, now I am sat at my desk and I cannot walk.
    Sounds like you done it correctly that's exactly what happens. Its nice isn't it
    krugerr likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by marcus300
    Sounds like you done it correctly that's exactly what happens. Its nice isn't it
    No. The kitchen in my office is up 2 flights of stairs. I cannot flex or extend my foot!

Hit the spot though, not done anything like this before. It seems to work well. I think this is the first "proper" doms I've had for calves!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum
    marcus300 likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    Nice man!! It's wickedly painful - Next time Krugger... Do all three! weighted/plated/floor... Regardless It's a miserable fvking 5-6 days lol... Mine just recovered and it's time for legs haha gotta love it
    Last edited by NACH3; 01-25-2016 at 06:45 AM.
    krugerr likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Morning guys/gals

Arms were surely torched... Slept horrible - hope to get a leg w/o in will report back later -
    Have a great day everyone - hey east coasters you off from work today or the roads ok?

No. The kitchen in my office is up 2 flights of stairs. I cannot flex or extend my foot!

Hit the spot though, not done anything like this before. It seems to work well. I think this is the first "proper" doms I've had for calves!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum

sounds right, wait till in the middle of the night when you get up to piss and you fall over as soon as you stand up, before now ive head butted the wall because I couldn't bend my ankle which was nice
    NACH3, krugerr, almostgone and 1 others like this.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    and you fall over as soon as you stand up,
    You pee sitting down ?

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    You pee sitting down ?
    Getting out of bed you cvnt, I haven't even made it to the toilet
    krugerr, almostgone and clarky. like this.

Lmfao
    BG likes this.

LOL, you guys are the best. I can be having a totally craptacular night/day, drop in here and read the posts, and am usually laughing my @ss off within 5 minutes.
    NACH3, BG and clarky. like this.

Once I get back up to 100% with my quad, I've got to try that calf workout. Sounds as if I should plan on taking a day off from work afterwards.
    krugerr and BG like this.

Once I get back up to 100% with my quad, I've got to try that calf workout. Sounds as if I should plan on taking a day off from work afterwards.
    You dont even understand. Im sat at my desk and im having spasms in the calves. I cant stand up!
    marcus300, NACH3 and Bodacious like this.

You dont even understand. Im sat at my desk and im having spasms in the calves. I cant stand up!
    Oh yeah, that is some deep stimulation of the tough calf fibers! Good luck @ work. Maybe try to find something to roll your calfs with if possible? I have used an empty shaker cup when I didn't have a roller or a baseball handy.
    krugerr likes this.

lol, you guys are the best. I can be having a totally craptacular night/day, drop in here and read the posts, and am usually laughing my @ss off within 5 minutes.

x2...

Morning guys/ gals!!

Have chest on the menu today!! It's time for some forced and negative reps this week. Haven't did any in a few weeks. So this should be fun.

Great session by everyone!! Good job on the calf workout Krugerr!
    almostgone and NACH3 like this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    There is no dorsi or plantar flexion happening, AG I've fallen as well stubbed my damn toe as they're just lagging behind any way they can its a great w/o in itself lol
    almostgone and krugerr like this.

Oh yeah, that is some deep stimulation of the tough calf fibers! Good luck @ work. Maybe try to find something to roll your calfs with if possible? I have used an empty shaker cup when I didn't have a roller or a baseball handy.
    Thanks for the tip, I dont usually roll, but I think this is the exception. FML.

In other news, anyone going to be at the strongman event in Doncaster 30th Jan?

Igifuno is offline AR's Italian Tonic
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone
    LOL, you guys are the best. I can be having a totally craptacular night/day, drop in here and read the posts, and am usually laughing my @ss off within 5 minutes.
    100% agree. Even when I'm not posting a lot, I'm usually on a couple times a day and always end up laughing about something.
    krugerr, almostgone, NACH3 and 1 others like this.

Thread Information