Page 880 of 1534 FirstFirst ... 3807808308708758768778788798808818828838848858909309801380 ... LastLast
Results 35,161 to 35,200 of 61340
Like Tree79787Likes

Thread: **Marcus's HIT Dungeon**

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Did bi's the night went good

Standing db curl 1 working DD

Incline db curl 1 working+ rp 1 drop

Db hammer curls 2 sets high reps

Wrist curls 2 sets

Cable curls 1 working DD

Done, not much but it was enough. Bi's were/are fried no fvcking about.
    NACH3, almostgone and Bodacious like this.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Quote Originally Posted by kelkel
    I'm confused. She's "do-able" or the contest is?
    Confused as well

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    I'm confused. She's "do-able" or the contest is?
    Both actually!

I was trying to state that the contest is... At her bodies current level! But she's also do-able as well lol

I gave her a free session to get her to become a client... And It Surely worked! It looked like her conditioning would be better but we've got to work on that a little... So high intensity and very short rest periods with S/S... Gotta get her eating more Fs as Cs bloat her out moreso... Only Cs she eats is greens(which is fine) but she's not adding in enough Fs for fuel - she was depleted in about 20min today...
    Last edited by NACH3; 04-11-2016 at 01:15 PM.
    BG, almostgone and Bodacious like this.

Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Wow its been awhile guys.

I've been reading when I can. Haven't been on much. Life really got in the way recently.

At one.point didn't hit the gym for little over 2wks.

Think.im back at it again.

Hit and killed back tonight.

Just went to failure not beyond. Just getting back into swing of things.

Glad everyone is still here and killing it.

Had to stop in and say hello.

Will update when I can. Really fell off the wagon :/
    almostgone, Bodacious, BG and 2 others like this.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Hi SFLA!

Hope that little one is taking up your time!

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    Enlists boy scout to tie knot.....

LOL. Tied up by boy scouts.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by Sfla80 View Post
    Wow its been awhile guys.

I've been reading when I can. Haven't been on much. Life really got in the way recently.

At one.point didn't hit the gym for little over 2wks.

Think.im back at it again.

Hit and killed back tonight.

Just went to failure not beyond. Just getting back into swing of things.

Glad everyone is still here and killing it.

Had to stop in and say hello.

Will update when I can. Really fell off the wagon :/
    Sfla, how you feeling, man? How's the family?
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Slept in late tonight. Some a-hole swiped my ACU rain jacket at work. Should be easy enough to find him if he wears it, there aren't too many of those running around in 3X. Anyway, I have another on the way from a friend, but I had to buy a rain jacket this morning for now. Took 3.5 hours, $$, and 5 stores to find something that would fit.
    Back at it tomorrow.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Hey guys, trying to get things settled down so I can start posting again. So a little training update. Ive mentioned a guy I call "old school", he's got to be in his 60's, true old schooler, he was hardcore his whole life. He told me to try smith machine, closer grip benching to hit my chest and it worked. I found angle and grip that works so I crushed my chest for the first time in 3 months. My chest looks horrible, but hopefully will be on the up and up soon. A few weeks ago I posted I had a pop in my tear drop, it ended up bruising a week later. Im able to squat/press but I tried to do extensions again and it did the same. So extension are dropped for a few weeks. Other then that training has been great, sat/sun cardio, diets getting better and better. I know Ive mentioned pics, I will get them soon. Just for the record I dont look good, worst Ive looked since post comp years ago. But I want to use them as motivation to step it up, Im flattened out losing BF.

Keep up the good work and thanks for all the motivation as of late. What we have going here in this thread is special, been around here 10+ years and guys have never come together this much. Great group here!

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

RC, I would be happy if he's the one taking up my time lol. Ugh.

AG I've been better lol. Just work is killing me. Lost my assistant (sous chef) so working more. Then they hire a new one, send him for expedited training. The pull him "early" to give me "help". But he didn't get any training. And he's working the exact Same hours as me. So still working same amount and training this kid.

It will end soon. But work is getting in the way of lifting and more importantly family.

There's times (like this past weekend) I don't see the wife or kid all weekend.

I basically work 40+ hrs in 4 days from Friday to Monday evening. So she goes with him to her parents. And I'm "home" /work with the other kids lol....the two brat dogs lol.

Diet, training, and all well being have been discontinued until today. Even been forgetting my meds :/.

Work hasn't been good on the knee either. Can't wait to get the dam surgery done and over with. At one point had to survive on pain killers just to get through work.

Need to give blood too.

Lmfao, I'm a fcking **** right now. That's why I hit it hard today and had to make an appearance here. I'm back and I'm making the best of the situation.

HIT all the way guys.

You guys motivate me to stay on the path.
    almostgone, NACH3 and BG like this.

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Got chest and bi's in today. Focusing a lot of the mind/Muscle connection. This is going to help me a lot when I return to HIT.

Hit 20mins on the stairmaster and did 1001 stairs. Man that was horrible lol.

Got home and meal prepped with my fiancé. Got tmrw all lined up.... 2lb of chicken plus pasta and rice. Not including breakfast or dinner.

I'm fvckin beat.... Bed time soon
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

RC, I would be happy if he's the one taking up my time lol. Ugh.

AG I've been better lol. Just work is killing me. Lost my assistant (sous chef) so working more. Then they hire a new one, send him for expedited training. The pull him "early" to give me "help". But he didn't get any training. And he's working the exact Same hours as me. So still working same amount and training this kid.

It will end soon. But work is getting in the way of lifting and more importantly family.

There's times (like this past weekend) I don't see the wife or kid all weekend.

I basically work 40+ hrs in 4 days from Friday to Monday evening. So she goes with him to her parents. And I'm "home" /work with the other kids lol....the two brat dogs lol.

Diet, training, and all well being have been discontinued until today. Even been forgetting my meds :/.

Work hasn't been good on the knee either. Can't wait to get the dam surgery done and over with. At one point had to survive on pain killers just to get through work.

Need to give blood too.

Lmfao, I'm a fcking **** right now. That's why I hit it hard today and had to make an appearance here. I'm back and I'm making the best of the situation.

HIT all the way guys.

You guys motivate me to stay on the path.
    Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    Hey guys, trying to get things settled down so I can start posting again. So a little training update. Ive mentioned a guy I call "old school", he's got to be in his 60's, true old schooler, he was hardcore his whole life. He told me to try smith machine, closer grip benching to hit my chest and it worked. I found angle and grip that works so I crushed my chest for the first time in 3 months. My chest looks horrible, but hopefully will be on the up and up soon. A few weeks ago I posted I had a pop in my tear drop, it ended up bruising a week later. Im able to squat/press but I tried to do extensions again and it did the same. So extension are dropped for a few weeks. Other then that training has been great, sat/sun cardio, diets getting better and better. I know Ive mentioned pics, I will get them soon. Just for the record I dont look good, worst Ive looked since post comp years ago. But I want to use them as motivation to step it up, Im flattened out losing BF.

Keep up the good work and thanks for all the motivation as of late. What we have going here in this thread is special, been around here 10+ years and guys have never come together this much. Great group here!
    I agree with y'all that this thread and group of guys and gal(s) is the best motivation I've ever had. When I was lifting serious before, I would miss some lifts or health problems and injuries would derail my schedule. Then inevitably I would beat myself up (non-sexually) and that would wreck my drive to lift. From there it would start an endless cycle of being pissed at myself, I wouldn't lift because everything was f-ed up, kick myself in the @ss, get more pissed, etc.
    This really is an exceptional group of guys and gal(s) we have in here.
    NACH3, BG and clarky. like this.

I feel so much better when I'm lifting consistently. A break is necessary every once in a while but it's dangerous because taking the break can lead to staying out too long.

In the past I've burnt myself out hard.... And each time I've hated myself after a while and then got back to it. One positive though was that each time I came back..... I've grown past a plateau. It's like I return and get bigger. I've learned to take a small break and let my body recoup..... Then get to it again.

If I'm not mistaken..... Big Ramy took a month off after this years Olympia.
    almostgone and NACH3 like this.

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

Bio-Active is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard
    I feel so much better when I'm lifting consistently. A break is necessary every once in a while but it's dangerous because taking the break can lead to staying out too long. In the past I've burnt myself out hard.... And each time I've hated myself after a while and then got back to it. One positive though was that each time I came back..... I've grown past a plateau. It's like I return and get bigger. I've learned to take a small break and let my body recoup..... Then get to it again. If I'm not mistaken..... Big Ramy took a month off after this years Olympia.
    a lot of pros do that. Not sure about a month but a couple weeks for sure. Once Ramy gets some muscle maturity he is going to be something fierce

Morning guys and girls bi's are good and sore this morning. Just about to go into work so i'll catch up the night no time to read lol. Rest night the night.

DCI
    DCI is offline Productive Member
    Heavy hard chest session last night. Incline db pressing, flat db pressing bb decline and then yates flies to finish.

Was a heavy hard session wasn't as strong as I thought I would be cos I was on my own no spotter last night so had to mix things up.

Tonight will be legs gonna batter them with some.high heavy volume
    NACH3 and almostgone like this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Great posts -
    Sfla my man great to see you! Hope things are well with you and the fam!!

BG - awesome to hear man... Just watch if one arm of your arms isn't firing like the other... The smith was great for me but also caused lots of firing issues that im breaking up now - glad you were able to KILL CHEST

I must agree w/BG/AG on this group!! It's definitely Something I've never experienced b4 and to rally around one another has been the driving force behind 'condistency' - tho we haven't actually met in person I value everyone's work ethic as well as consider each of you dear friends! Glad to be a part of this amazing group(and I'll be returning to HIT I think very shortly - can't fvkin wait actually - shoulder hasn't felt this good in yrs! Im putting in the work(DTM/PT/ART) and it's opening up(I was actually able to externally rotate my R shoulder and got it behind my head on the lock out(like an Oly lift) hurt like hell but each set got better and better!!

Have a kicka$$ day guys and gals!!
    almostgone, BG and Bodacious like this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    I feel so much better when I'm lifting consistently. A break is necessary every once in a while but it's dangerous because taking the break can lead to staying out too long.

In the past I've burnt myself out hard.... And each time I've hated myself after a while and then got back to it. One positive though was that each time I came back..... I've grown past a plateau. It's like I return and get bigger. I've learned to take a small break and let my body recoup..... Then get to it again.

If I'm not mistaken..... Big Ramy took a month off after this years Olympia.
    I can surely relate brotha!

Morning fellow hitters gonna trash legs this morning and hopefully after that finish the deal on getting my wife a new Tahoe
    almostgone, NACH3 and marcus300 like this.

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    Have a great day everyone!

Had one of the best bi/tri workouts of my life this past weekend. To give an example, on Close Grip Bench I had to mind **** up the 5th rep, I mean 3 breaths and inching the bar up. Insane. Bis and tris are so trashed my arms cannot be stretched or flexed fully without help

Also did a leg workout for the first time in over a month. Deads with supersetted extension and leg curls. It wasn't HIT, but I did get up there on the deads weight, but anything that puts stress on my knees cannot be done HIT. So i'm still figuring that out.

Right on.

Morning guys.

Chest done. Gym was busy so kinda different routine.

Pec/Dec
    Flat dB flies
    Incline bb press
    Decline hammer strength
    Cable flies high/evens.
    BG, NACH3, marcus300 and 3 others like this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Hitting arms today HIT style!! Will report back soon!! Fvkin excited!!
    novastepp likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    Hitting arms today HIT style!! Will report back soon!! Fvkin excited!!
    For my tri's I did close grip bench, skulls, and then underhanded grip cable pulldowns with mostly negatives. Thanks for the recommendation.
    NACH3 likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by novastepp View Post
    For my tri's I did close grip bench, skulls, and then underhanded grip cable pulldowns with mostly negatives. Thanks for the recommendation.
    CG bench is the Sh!t!! Also the rev pushdowns are amazing if your back far enough to really put/& keep the tension all on the short head of tri! Plus if done with one arm you cn manipliuate the same weight with drop sets by just stepping in! Made a huge difference in my short head thus far!

Glad I could help in any way brotha!

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    CG bench is the Sh!t!! Also the rev pushdowns are amazing if your back far enough to really put/& keep the tension all on the short head of tri! Plus if done with one arm you cn manipliuate the same weight with drop sets by just stepping in! Made a huge difference in my short head thus far!

One of the best things for triceps is to concentrate on the long head, once you start adding mass to this area it starts to hand down when in a double bicep, so anything to really stretch and put this area under strain and stress is a good way to add an illusion of super size, then all you do is add thickness to those fukers and its big arms all the way
    novastepp, DCI, almostgone and 1 others like this.

I like it because I can add weight and force the negatives. I think for the VAST majority of people, negatives are what is missing from the equation. Negatives were missing for me, for sure.

Morning guys.

Chest done. Gym was busy so kinda different routine.

Pec/Dec
    Flat dB flies
    Incline bb press
    Decline hammer strength
    Cable flies high/evens.
    Hey your back, how are you mate?

Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    One of the best things for triceps is to concentrate on the long head, once you start adding mass to this area it starts to hand down when in a double bicep, so anything to really stretch and put this area under strain and stress is a good way to add an illusion of super size, then all you do is add thickness to those fukers and its big arms all the way
    Boom! Great advice. Any specific movements you push to clients? Do you have a favorite routine for tris?
    marcus300 likes this.

Boom! Great advice. Any specific movements you push to clients? Do you have a favorite routine for tris?
    Anything overhead will target the long head in two ways, the stretch which is vital and the range of motion it has to go through to do the movement. Like the overhead French press with one db, I don't call it a French press I just say overhead db press, this is excellent you can do them singles but with one big arse bell you can really put stress on that stretch and range. Next things like the lying skull crushers but with bells instead so the elbows go with the movement instead of fighting it and ripping a tendon but anything overhead is best just due to the range and strain all over the long head
    novastepp, Bodacious, DCI and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bio-Active View Post
    Morning fellow hitters gonna trash legs this morning and hopefully after that finish the deal on getting my wife a new Tahoe
    I hit legs today, single leg press is my main focus at the moment. Its really good for keeping your arse in the seat so the stress comes off the lower back, Also you can angle the foot and knee so they are perfectly place for the press so no knee issues. Kind of loving them at the moment and also you don't have to load the fuker up with loads of weight.

Mine was a decent workout but not fully tasking the Marcus machine yet
    novastepp, BG and almostgone like this.

Trouble I have found with this type of advanced training is that I HAVE to separate single arm exercises from double arm exercises and sometimes it is difficult.

For example, last week I had a great first set of DB curls, but I had planned on moving to ez bar curls afterward, but since I did my left arm second...it was hurting and fatiguing before my right.

Moving forward, I use barbell and ez bars together for a workout, and then teh next time I focus on DB exercises only.

So ez curls, preacher curls, then alternative DB curls for biceps and Close grip Bench, skulls, then single arm cable pulldowns

Next time is incline DB curls, hanging DB isolation curls, and cable curl negatives for biceps and cable tricep pushdowns, DB over head extensions, and overhand cable pushdown negatives.

Every exercise has a priority (one for positive, one for static, and one for negative). I also try and save negative for last to completely exhaust the positive and static portion of the lift/muscle.

Example:
    Biceps flexing emphasized on incline DB curls (also hit negative shard, but that is to exhaust the movement and take advantage of the range of motion).
    Hanging concentration curls emphasize the contraction, it is easy to squeeze during the movement and it becomes increasingly more difficult to squeeze without assistance; make gravity work for you)
    Last, negatives on the cable curls can be emphasized with extra weight because you can pull up the weight safely with your free arm and hold your elbow steady as the negatives continue. Added weight, beyond what is possible on the positive motion, adds fiercely to the negatives work and finishes off the muscle.

This is the way I have been attacking arms and other body parts recently and it is difficult to nail down, but i think it will be worth it.

Anything overhead will target the long head in two ways, the stretch which is vital and the range of motion it has to go through to do the movement. Like the overhead French press with one db, I don't call it a French press I just say overhead db press, this is excellent you can do them singles but with one big arse bell you can really put stress on that stretch and range. Next things like the lying skull crushers but with bells instead so the elbows go with the movement instead of fighting it and ripping a tendon but anything overhead is best just due to the range and strain all over the long head
    Overhead DB/french press: are you talking about one DB with a single arm, or one DB with both arms?

I do them with both arms, but when I tried single (which was years ago) it seems harder to get stabilized and keep my elbow from moving too much.

I'm guessing you wouldnt want to do them with an ez-bar, but thoughts on that versus both arms on a single DB?

With the EZ bar you really have to keep the elbows straight. It's hard..... And most people want to keep going heavier and then heir elbows flare out. If I do these 2-3 weeks in a row my tendons fvcked up for a while.

I do single arm overhead extensions...... It's harder and I have to go lighter but it feels better
    almostgone likes this.

- Knockout_Power

I prefer two arms otherwise you can get some shoulder involvement but get a big bell up strength comes on quick with triceps. For me it feels like your stretching an elastic band and if I keep doing it the band gets slightly longer so when it's relaxed it hangs out. Mighty just be me and insane thinking but that's how I look at it

Overhead DB/french press: are you talking about one DB with a single arm, or one DB with both arms?

I do them with both arms, but when I tried single (which was years ago) it seems harder to get stabilized and keep my elbow from moving too much.

I'm guessing you wouldnt want to do them with an ez-bar, but thoughts on that versus both arms on a single DB?

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    With the EZ bar you really have to keep the elbows straight. It's hard..... And most people want to keep going heavier and then heir elbows flare out. If I do these 2-3 weeks in a row my tendons fvcked up for a while.

I do single arm overhead extensions...... It's harder and I have to go lighter but it feels better
    I have noticed the elbows take a beating on the ez-bar skulls I do. I am very diligent about form, but I could see how that would be an issue. When I use both arms on overhead DB extensions I feel the stretch much more, but for the sake of trying, I will use a single arm approach next time and see how that goes.

One thing I have noticed too, is that I can tell when an exercise is placing unnecessary strain on tendons...when you are close to failure, but you feel that the muscle is "binding" or that you are not fluid in that last rep or two...and at times I feel that way on skulls; I have another rep in me, but I'm not as fluid and cannot get past a sticking point without my shoulder feeling odd.

I prefer two arms otherwise you can get some shoulder involvement but get a big bell up strength comes on quick with triceps. For me it feels like your stretching an elastic band and if I keep doing it the band gets slightly longer so when it's relaxed it hangs out. Mighty just be me and insane thinking but that's how I look at it
    Double armed DB is the way I have done them and continue to do them. I see videos of guys using an ez bar overhead and to be honest that seems like it would be harder on my shoulder joints and harder to eliminate shoulders due to them being locked.

But back to the double arm DB, I feel very locked in to that movement and can really fight up the last couple reps. I enjoy them, but you're making me so strong I need new DBs!!!
    marcus300 likes this.

I'm outta here for the day everyone. Meetings and meetings.

Tomorrow is rather busy for me, teaching all day and tee-ball practice in the evening.

Thanks for sharing your time.

I'll probably pop in on Thursday for a while while I'm proctoring. Talk at ya then.

Stay strong!!!!
    almostgone likes this.

I hit legs today, single leg press is my main focus at the moment. Its really good for keeping your arse in the seat so the stress comes off the lower back, Also you can angle the foot and knee so they are perfectly place for the press so no knee issues. Kind of loving them at the moment and also you don't have to load the fuker up with loads of weight.

Mine was a decent workout but not fully tasking the Marcus machine yet
    I agree leg press is the best for not loading my lower back as long as you focus and like you said keep my Butt in the seat!! I torched them along with some serious calf raises. Good thing im off this week now i can rest these things
    marcus300 likes this.

Hey your back, how are you mate?
    What's up big guy?!?!

I've been OK just recently work and life got in the way. Maybe a page or so back went into detail.

Missed you guys here and missed lifting. Had about 2 weeks off.

But I'm back and ready to go. Gonna start back slowly almost like a pull back. Going to failure but not beyond just yet

Can't wait to start the pain again
    marcus300 and NACH3 like this.

kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Had about 2 weeks off.
    2 weeks off is good for you!
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

Good to see you back Sfla.

Thread Information