Page 9 of 1534 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419591095091009 ... LastLast
Like Tree79787Likes

Thread: **Marcus's HIT Dungeon**

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Quote Originally Posted by AXx View Post
    This was my question as well and you answered it. Thanks for that, I do have one more thing to add.

With me being sensitive to carbs. I bloat and hold a shyt ton of water. I'm planning on doing a fairly intense bf cut this next year around mid jan or first of feb. since I am on TRT can I more aggressively attack the low carb days and not sacrifice tissue?? Lets say 5 days low (20c) and then refeed on the weekend?

I think you have explained this here but I may not be understanding it completely. I have never carb cycled before but understand the science behind it. Also the HIT has me rocking along in the gym, except for the working by myself thing.

See if this is sufficient for HIT on decline bench. I used the smith machine for ease of failure. I did the warm up set then mid range set then went to 3 plates on each side. Did 7 to absolute snot blowing failure jumped up hurried and took it down to 2 plates on each side then did snot blowing failure again then I repeated down to 1 plate on each side. Is this ok for working alone? If it means anything my chest is still sore from Friday morning.
    If your very carb sensitive then you dont want to be increasing yur carbs on ethe first day of the cycle after the prime, do its slower over around 2-3 weeks then increase to the max to feed the growth, this will help your body adjust and adapt to the carb increase but still be able to support and build new tissue.

If your on trt and your priming then yes you can stretch the low carb days out to around 5-7 days if you want to cut up more but remember cutting up isnt the main reason why your priming, its to open the growth window and create this very anabolic state once the cycle starts. But being on trt will help if you really want to cut up more and safe tissue being sacrificed but your more or less implementing a cutting diet with the main goal of cutting bf.

Your training sounds fine and brutal which is what its all about, keep with that

AXx
    AXx is offline AR's hose draggin' post whore~Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300

If your very carb sensitive then you dont want to be increasing yur carbs on ethe first day of the cycle after the prime, do its slower over around 2-3 weeks then increase to the max to feed the growth, this will help your body adjust and adapt to the carb increase but still be able to support and build new tissue.

If your on trt and your priming then yes you can stretch the low carb days out to around 5-7 days if you want to cut up more but remember cutting up isnt the main reason why your priming, its to open the growth window and create this very anabolic state once the cycle starts. But being on trt will help if you really want to cut up more and safe tissue being sacrificed but your more or less implementing a cutting diet with the main goal of cutting bf.

Your training sounds fine and brutal which is what its all about, keep with that
    Thank you sir. I have copied and pasted this in my notes. Again thank you very much

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I think the rut has definitely been the hardest thing to identify. It's almost like I was accepting stagnation regardless of how hard I worked and all I really needed to do was change it up 180 degrees and start doing the things that I had long forgotten about.

calgarian is offline ANALbolically inclined "Protein user"
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    We have a love and hate relationship

3 days ago and your still sore thats great to hear, you must of cause some serious trauma, feed your body and rest those bodyparts and start the assualt on the rest of the body. The pain is a good sign
    oh i m going in tomorrow chest and shoulders

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Brown View Post
    I think the rut has definitely been the hardest thing to identify. It's almost like I was accepting stagnation regardless of how hard I worked and all I really needed to do was change it up 180 degrees and start doing the things that I had long forgotten about.
    Sounds good Buster sometimes we just need that pusg in the right dirfection to start those gains off again...

Quote Originally Posted by calgarian View Post
    oh i m going in tomorrow chest and shoulders
    Let me know how you get on and what you did please

milky01623 is offline Productive Member
    Hey Marcus do you have any ideas for good delt and trap exercises as I'm struggling a bit for them thanx

MR-FQ320 is offline This means war!

Your on the right tracks all you got to do now is fine tune the priming and cycling along side the HIT training and adjust a couple of things and your going to be growing even bigger than you are at present. wooow great gains and i'm glad ive help to answer some of your questions to improve and move forward......keep it up and go to war in the gym
    OK Thanks, so fine tune through trial and error ? By adjust a couple of things do you mean add in HGH and insulin ?

boz
    boz is offline R.I.P. T-Gunz Gone but, Never Forgotten.
    hahaha you never know, you may do. In my younger day I was an animal and when I am firing on all cylinders i'm a hard trainer tyhese days also but I am a older guy now and i know what you younger guys a capable of doing so I wouold never day I could slaughter you but if I am in your area sometime i'd like to try .

I actually like pain and can take a lot of it, it really does turn me on the feeling of being pumped,hard and unstoppable
    grrrrrr love it! Ill hold that to you marcus. Yes do not underestimate the young, but in saying that you cant use your age as an excuse if an ass whooping is handed to you

Quote Originally Posted by milky01623 View Post
    Hey Marcus do you have any ideas for good delt and trap exercises as I'm struggling a bit for them thanx

Smith Machine front press
    2 warm up sets 2 x 20 reps
    2 working sets- 6 reps +2 forced + 2 neg

Seated side laterals
    2 working sets - 8 reps + 2 forced + 2 neg

Seated rear laterals
    3 straight sets 14,12,10

Barbell shrugs
    2 sets - 15,12
    1 set - 8 reps + triple dropset 6,6,6

Don't just go through the motions with each exercise, the working sets need to be to the max and very intense, remember to failure and beyond

Quote Originally Posted by MR-FQ320 View Post
    OK Thanks, so fine tune through trial and error ? By adjust a couple of things do you mean add in HGH and insulin ?
    Just adjust your carb cycling and play around with it, bring the cycles closer together and if possible add in the gh on the burst cycles, fine tune what is working to see if you can carry on moving forward. If your goal is mass and size think about 24/7 feeding and pile that weight on when in the growth window

Quote Originally Posted by boz View Post
    grrrrrr love it! Ill hold that to you marcus. Yes do not underestimate the young, but in saying that you cant use your age as an excuse if an ass whooping is handed to you
    I'll be honest, there is more chance of you walking on water than ever you giving me an ass whooping, infact you wouldn't last pass the first working set lol

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Thanks for the once over Marcus. Any changes you would make or keep on keeping on?
    As always you tha man.

Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo View Post
    Thanks for the once over Marcus. Any changes you would make or keep on keeping on?
    As always you tha man.
    Its all about progress and gains and from the looks of it your doing both, your in the zone so use every bit of it by training like a god and eating correctly and consistently

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -

Its all about progress and gains and from the looks of it your doing both, your in the zone so use every bit of it by training like a god and eating correctly and consistently
    I'm coming for your title Marcus. Lol.
    The tren is making it harder to eat. The b12 helps
    Need to liquefy everything and drink it.

Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo View Post
    I'm coming for your title Marcus. Lol.
    The tren is making it harder to eat. The b12 helps
    Need to liquefy everything and drink it.
    B12 helps me alot when I was bulking, I would also get up earlier in the mornings to get my eating off sooner and I would also get up in the middle of the night to eat/shake.

bcaasdirty is offline Member
    Marcus

Any tips/tricks on the mental aspect of HIT training (eg locking down focus, getting amped etc)?

Thx, BCD

DCI
    DCI is offline Productive Member
    Thanks for this thread Marcus, from mainly reading this and following some of your posts, I am down over a stone in 7 weeks and just got my head back into training properly again

Seated side laterals

Seated rear laterals
    3 straight sets 14,12,10

Barbell shrugs
    2 sets - 15,12

Don't just go through the motions with each exercise, the working sets need to be to the max and very intense, remember to failure and beyond
    Thanx for this Marcus I'll give it a whirl tomorrow and keep u informed ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by bcaasdirty View Post
    Marcus

Any tips/tricks on the mental aspect of HIT training (eg locking down focus, getting amped etc)?

Thx, BCD
    I tend to try and get my mind set in the right place first by watching youtube training videos of Dorian, Phil H, Branch and Ronnie etc. This is usually an hour before I go to the gym and really gets me in the zone for training. I also know that the torture isnt going to last long and I am only going to be in the gym for around 40-50 mins so this also helps keep me focused and motivated.

When I am at the gym and about to attack a certain bodypart I tend to think about certain things what make me angry and then I visualize myself lifting and going to failure. I say to myself all ive got to do is this working set and then ive done and if I want to grow bigger than anyone else ive got to go to the max, I am good and preparing myself mentally to get in the zone and those are the tricks I use which help me.
    almostgone likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by DCI View Post
    Thanks for this thread Marcus, from mainly reading this and following some of your posts, I am down over a stone in 7 weeks and just got my head back into training properly again
    Sounds great well done, keep up the good work and keep motivated. No one is going to hand it to you on a plate you have to sweat blood and tears and most of all you have to start somewhere but once you started the climb and assault the motivation kicks in and there will be nothing stopping you

DCI
    DCI is offline Productive Member
    Sounds great well done, keep up the good work and keep motivated. No one is going to hand it to you on a plate you have to sweat blood and tears and most of all you have to start somewhere but once you started the climb and assault the motivation kicks in and there will be nothing stopping you
    Thanks man, it's a combo of a lot of things but I've cut out drinking mainly and as you say getting into it again is great and doing some of your heavy training days helped to mix it up for me. Ah, I'm a long time into training, just lost my way the last year due to a few things.

bcaasdirty is offline Member
    I tend to try and get my mind set in the right place first by watching youtube training videos of Dorian, Phil H, Branch and Ronnie etc. This is usually an hour before I go to the gym and really gets me in the zone for training. I also know that the torture isnt going to last long and I am only going to be in the gym for around 40-50 mins so this also helps keep me focused and motivated.

When I am at the gym and about to attack a certain bodypart I tend to think about certain things what make me angry and then I visualize myself lifting and going to failure. I say to myself all ive got to do is this working set and then ive done and if I want to grow bigger than anyone else ive got to go to the max, I am good and preparing myself mentally to get in the zone and those are the tricks I use which help me.
    much appreciated, ill try em out, thank you

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!

this is what i do also!

i act like it owes me money!

glad to see ya made it back safely

calgarian is offline ANALbolically inclined "Protein user"
    Sounds good Buster sometimes we just need that pusg in the right dirfection to start those gains off again...

Let me know how you get on and what you did please
    6 sets of bench press 2 with 90 lbs, 2 with 140 lbs and last 2 with 230 lbs total.
    3 set of inclined bench press 1 with 90 lbs and last 2 with 140 lbs
    3 set of decline B.P 1 with 180 lbs and 2 with 230 lbs.
    3 sets of dumbell pull over 125 lbs.
    then abs and ran out of time. Made sure that there is only a minute rest.

boz
    boz is offline R.I.P. T-Gunz Gone but, Never Forgotten.
    I'll be honest, there is more chance of you walking on water than ever you giving me an ass whooping, infact you wouldn't last pass the first working set lol
    AHAH love it.

AD
    AD is offline Knowledgeable Member
    do you believe in the shaker bottle craze? do you like to sip some amino acid or dextrose in between sets?

Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00 View Post
    this is what i do also!

i act like it owes me money!

glad to see ya made it back safely
    I think of emotional things what ive gone through in my life which sends my adrenaline kicking and this gives me a mental edge to push to failure and beyond

Quote Originally Posted by calgarian View Post
    6 sets of bench press 2 with 90 lbs, 2 with 140 lbs and last 2 with 230 lbs total.
    3 set of inclined bench press 1 with 90 lbs and last 2 with 140 lbs
    3 set of decline B.P 1 with 180 lbs and 2 with 230 lbs.
    3 sets of dumbell pull over 125 lbs.
    then abs and ran out of time. Made sure that there is only a minute rest.
    Keep smaching it

Quote Originally Posted by boz View Post
    AHAH love it.
    Its true though

Quote Originally Posted by AD View Post
    do you believe in the shaker bottle craze? do you like to sip some amino acid or dextrose in between sets?
    Never done it or tried it so its hard to say if it would do anything for me, all I drink is water between sets.............do you use this craze ?

AD
    AD is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Never done it or tried it so its hard to say if it would do anything for me, all I drink is water between sets.............do you use this craze ?
    I read somewhere that sipping some protein/sugar drink during the workout help to limit cortisol, which must be really high during those painful sets. I am currently trying a diluted mix of a mass gainer all through the workout. Its probably a really minor point and i won't say any gains i make is due to the drink. But it helps to ease the pain a little and help me survive the workout.

But if i were on a cut, i would definitely be sticking to drinking water, like you said.

Seated side laterals

Seated rear laterals
    3 straight sets 14,12,10

Barbell shrugs
    2 sets - 15,12

Hey buddy
    I tried this yesterday and I can honestly say thanks my shoulders are killing me and I can barely hold my arms out straight in front of me lol
    And I also pressed a personal best on the smiths

110kg 10reps 2 if which were negative and forced back up :-)

lovbyts is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Marcus,
    What do you suggest for biceps? What exercises are better than others especially for building the peak?

What do you think of seated barbell curls where you can only go down until it touches your legs for 1 of the exercises?

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts
    Marcus,
    What do you suggest for biceps? What exercises are better than others especially for building the peak?

What do you think of seated barbell curls where you can only go down until it touches your legs for 1 of the exercises?
    Dude for once I actually know this exercise as I do them but I call them negatives
    I normally do super sets off these they're awesome and the burn I get off them is immense
    I do them sat on a bench with the bench at 90 degrees and my back up against it

Dude for once I actually know this exercise as I do them but I call them negatives
    I normally do super sets off these they're awesome and the burn I get off them is immense
    I do them sat on a bench with the bench at 90 degrees and my back up against it
    Yup that's what I'm talking about. I have not done these yet so I'm thinking about incorporating them into my bicep day (today) and see how it goes. Time to mix things up a little.

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts
    Yup that's what I'm talking about. I have not done these yet so I'm thinking about incorporating them into my bicep day (today) and see how it goes. Time to mix things up a little.
    Give it a try but remember when letting the bb down I count 3 secs and don't let the bar touch your quads keep the weight straining on your bicep the up as fast as poss the slowly down again
    Use a lightish weight until you're comfortable with the exercise then up it to a strain but doable cos after about 8-10 reps you'll begin to feel the burn and that's when you'll start sweating lol

Oh my I remember what that feels like now. Just got back from giving it a try.

You know how I can tell I had a GOOD bicep workout? When I have to shave my face afterwards and I almost cant put shaving lotion on my neck due to my arms are to pumped and wont bend that far. lol Got to love that feeling.

Hey buddy
    I tried this yesterday and I can honestly say thanks my shoulders are killing me and I can barely hold my arms out straight in front of me lol
    And I also pressed a personal best on the smiths

110kg 10reps 2 if which were negative and forced back up :-)
    Impressive and sounds like you did some damage sounds like my kind of routine

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    Marcus,

I kind of stick with basic, straight bar curls or db curls then I normally move onto incline db curls - this movement is great for stretching out the biceps and totally taking out any shoulder power then I adore standing bent over concentration curls - this gives me great peak.

Again I cant express enough of training with the right intensity, with biceps I fully warm them up and usually hit them with 2 working sets with a triple dropset - or 2 working sets with 2 forced and 2 negs, again these sets are to complete muscular failure and thats were many fall down not taking your muscle to complete failure and then push beyond.

Ive tried those seated BB curls but they never did much for me, but if your getting results stick with them but up the intensity by adding dropsets, forced, negs or rest pause, use which ever methods suit you at the time but just add intensity. And also try those standing bent over concentration curls for the peak, stick with them for 3 months and when you bring the weight up try and bring your little finger slightly higher then your thumb and you will feel a sharp pain right in the peak/head of the biceps
    almostgone likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    Oh my I remember what that feels like now. Just got back from giving it a try.

You know how I can tell I had a GOOD bicep workout? When I have to shave my face afterwards and I almost cant put shaving lotion on my neck due to my arms are to pumped and wont bend that far. lol Got to love that feeling.
    Thats what I am talking about, my bicep workout I get this feeling all the time. I cant touch the back of my head because the pump is too big and my arms are full of blood

kronik420 is offline Anabolic Member
    Thats what I am talking about, my bicep workout I get this feeling all the time. I cant touch the back of my head because the pump is too big and my arms are full of blood
    i have a hard time getting this feeling in my biceps i do get it every time i do legs or chest tho...

I kind of stick with basic, straight bar curls or db curls then I normally move onto incline db curls - this movement is great for stretching out the biceps and totally taking out any shoulder power then I adore standing bent over concentration curls - this gives me great peak.

Again I cant express enough of training with the right intensity, with biceps I fully warm them up and usually hit them with 2 working sets with a triple dropset - or 2 working sets with 2 forced and 2 negs, again these sets are to complete muscular failure and thats were many fall down not taking your muscle to complete failure and then push beyond.

Ive tried those seated BB curls but they never did much for me, but if your getting results stick with them but up the intensity by adding dropsets, forced, negs or rest pause, use which ever methods suit you at the time but just add intensity. And also try those standing bent over concentration curls for the peak, stick with them for 3 months and when you bring the weight up try and bring your little finger slightly higher then your thumb and you will feel a sharp pain right in the peak/head of the biceps
    I love those also. I do them using the back side (standing on the front) of the preacher bench.

Thread Information