Quote Originally Posted by hammerheart View Post
    It won't show up on the photos I take but this is actually how I look

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkBjn5hyEXg&t=18s
    Fuk lol but you live in Italia wtf?
    almostgone likes this.

hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    Fuk lol but you live in Italia wtf?
    Genes from father's side, quite white skin.

Also I know lot of Sun out there but most of body is covered in clothes, so I only get a reddish tint to face, arms and lower legs.

Need to hit the beach, haven't since 2005.
    marcus300 and almostgone like this.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~

Also I know lot of Sun out there but most of body is covered in clothes, so I only get a reddish tint to face, arms and lower legs.

How's your training going buddy now your in the gym hitting it hard? Are you seeing progress
    almostgone likes this.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Early morning again.
    Good morning
    Same here. Feels like I just fell asleep. Headed to the shop in a bit to work legs before heading back into the madness of interstate travel.
    marcus300 likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

How's your training going buddy now your in the gym hitting it hard? Are you seeing progress
    I could be pushing harder yet I'm doing the best I can, haven't been able to increase the weight over last month or so yet I keep getting serious doms.

Gym is great, not many people around the time I hit and equipment is good. I need to optimize my schedule and workload though, f.ex I had traps and shoulders last Friday and went heavy on the shrugs, was half spent already when finished.

A huge limiting factor is my grip and forearm muscles have turned serious weak lately, I believe something connected with my thyroid (scored a bit hypo last time I tested and haven't corrected yet), and that often prevents me from reaching failure, but it's enough to me to keep consistent with what I'm doing.

Still making progress anyway...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sidech2.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	412.7 KB 
ID:	173199

I could be pushing harder yet I'm doing the best I can, haven't been able to increase the weight over last month or so yet I keep getting serious doms.

Gym is great, not many people around the time I hit and equipment is good. I need to optimize my schedule and workload though, f.ex I had traps and shoulders last Friday and went heavy on the shrugs, was half spent already when finished.

A huge limiting factor is my grip and forearm muscles have turned serious weak lately, I believe something connected with my thyroid (scored a bit hypo last time I tested and haven't corrected yet), and that often prevents me from reaching failure, but it's enough to me to keep consistent with what I'm doing.

Still making progress anyway...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sidech2.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	412.7 KB 
ID:	173199
    If your having problems with your grip and forearms use straps until your forearm muscles start to get stronger, try doing some direct work on them.

If you are unable to increase the weight then increase the reps up to around 12, once you can reach this rep range you can increase the weight and lower the reps and repeat by pushing the rep range to the higher end. Another good way to increase strength is try pre exhaust for a couple of months and push really hard on the compound movement after the isolation, this will increase your strength once you go back to your normal way of training.

Reaching failure, pushing to failure and going all out for that one set start inside your head, use what ignites your adrenalin, use the fire within to spark the aggression to push that extra rep and make that set worth it. Yon know what works so use it to fuel your workouts.

Looking well and very ripped, I like the white colour it reminds me of my English friends

Cant fully tell from that picture but you seem to have developed the delts chest, biceps and the only softer part in that picture is your triceps. So try and concentrate on them and well done my white friend keep up the good work
    hollowedzeus and hammerheart like this.

tarmyg is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Good afternoon people,

Got a good session in here today and seems we are picking up speed in the offseason to prepare for the coming year. Today, again, was pretty heavy and as I keep a pretty high pace throughout it feels like dying at the end.

Bike Conditioning
    12 Rounds:
    :50s Light, :10s Sprint
    Not for score, but for consistent power across all 12 rounds.

Power Clean
    Alternating On the Minute x 12 (6 Rounds):
    Odd Minutes – Handstand Walk Practice
    Even Minutes – 5-5-4-4-3-3 Power Cleans
    Start at 40kg, 50kg, 60kg, and build steadily in each set.

Conditioning
    AMRAP 4:
    3 Rounds:
    12 Deadlifts - 60kg
    9 Hang Power Cleans - 60kg
    6 Push Jerks - 60kg
    Max Calorie Row in Time Remaining

rest 4 minutes

AMRAP 4:
    2 Rounds:
    12 Deadlifts - 60kg
    6 Push Jerks - 60kg

rest 4 minutes

AMRAP 4:
    1 Round:
    12 Deadlifts - 70kg
    9 Hang Power Cleans - 70kg
    6 Push Jerks - 70kg

Conditioning
    For Time:
    25 Burpee Box Step Overs
    50 Calorie Row
    25 Burpee Box Step Overs

Quote Originally Posted by tarmyg View Post
    Good afternoon people,

Got a good session in here today and seems we are picking up speed in the offseason to prepare for the coming year. Today, again, was pretty heavy and as I keep a pretty high pace throughout it feels like dying at the end.

Bike Conditioning
    12 Rounds:

Power Clean

Conditioning
    AMRAP 4:
    3 Rounds:
    12 Deadlifts - 60kg
    6 Push Jerks - 60kg

rest 4 minutes

AMRAP 4:
    2 Rounds:
    12 Deadlifts - 60kg
    6 Push Jerks - 60kg

rest 4 minutes

AMRAP 4:
    1 Round:
    12 Deadlifts - 70kg
    6 Push Jerks - 70kg

Conditioning
    For Time:
    25 Burpee Box Step Overs
    50 Calorie Row
    25 Burpee Box Step Overs
    I may need to come and see you for 3 months and get fit, I stand in your shadows wooow I would be a pool of sweat, blood and urine
    tarmyg likes this.

reposts

Quote Originally Posted by gearbox View Post
    What I struggle with is once I do one working set I am usually done!
    Ex if I do db flat I will try for about 4-6 plus a forced and negative and if I do another set a min later I can't. Or if I go to decline I can't do close to the same weight. But this was before I knew you would rest 2-3 mins between exercises. I was racing over to next machine and having to do very light weight cause I am muscle tired and cardio!
    Resting longer time inbetween movements is fine, take what ever time it takes to go to the next exercise and mentally prepare yourself. When your warming up or doing your feel sets going into your working set then try you best to keep this rest period down to 1 min but if you need more time take it, go with how you feel to lift that weight but anything around 1min to 90secs will be fine. One week try just doing dropsets on your working sets and the weeks after doing rest pause, then go back to forced and negatives see which method works best. You will learn how the body respond with these methods and which major/minor muscle group you will attack with them, many times I incorporate a few methods into my workout.

My chest workout yesterday was a killer we did forced and negatives and went to total failure, the burn in my chest felt like it was on fire during my last negatives, infact my arms collapsed on the last negative on hammer strength which told me I went to my max and it was a good job I was on the hammer machine with the weight I was shifting.

Been off cycle for a few weeks now and just taking creatine, my strength hasn't changed and my mental focus is still high, really like training at the moment and I think its because I am not spending alot of time in the gym when I go. I usually hit it hard and heavy and leave well within 45-60mins which suits the way I grow, my muscles bellies are getting thicker and my bf is going down slowly which is key for someone my size, I am on HGH at the moment along side my trt but my motivation is very high and cant wait to get in the gym, some weeks I have 3 days off because of my work but it really suits my body because it repairs fully.

Quote Originally Posted by BUTTERYGOODNESS View Post
    i love all the drop sets lol

really quick, could you claify on rest pause execution. i have a feeling ive been doing it incorrectly
    Someone ask me the same question and here is my answer

Rest pause is a method what puts great overload on your system and is another training style what increases the intensity of your workouts just like forced,negatives and dropsetting. Usually rest pause is implemented on the very basic compound movements and its also ideal for HIT because these types of workouts are done heavy and over a short period of time. For example lets say we are doing chest and our first movement is BB incline press we would fully warm up and once we are ready for the working set we would be using your most heaviest weight which would make you hit around the 6 rep mark -doesnt have to be exact just minimum 6 reps but no more than 8 reps. You would press until complete failure then you would rack the weight and give yourself around 15-20seconds rest and press again with the same weight until complete failure this could be around 4 -5 rep range - you would rack the weight again and repeat the 15-20 seconds rest and press again to complete failure which would bring the rep range down again. You would of done 3 heavy sets within one but doing this way your intensity would of gone up and the strongest of the muscle fibers wouldnt of been recruited, this puts extreme overload on your body and promotes growth and strength.

I did rest pause for my shoulder's yesterday and it went like this
    Smith machine front shoulder press
    2 warm up sets - high reps
    1 working set - rest pause - 8 reps, 6 reps,4 reps
    On the working set I dont hold anything back each set is done to complete failure and learning how to take your body to and past this pain barrier what is failure is the key to growth.

Machine lateral raises
    2 feel sets
    1 working set to failure plus 2 forced reps and 3 negatives
    his fried my side delts

BB shrugs
    2 feel sets
    1 working set - rest pause - 8reps,6reps,5 reps

rear delts - machine
    3 sets to failure

I've been getting some pm's regarding training all out for one working set, some members find it hard to get their heads around the idea of how to train to your max so I will try and explain. Usually many members who I speak to will warm up and then either do 3-4 working sets to fully exhaust that muscle area, lets have an example of upper chest and your doing incline DB press. With the way I train I fully warm the area up which could take 2 or even 3 warm up sets of high reps, I will stretch between warm ups and will do very slow strict reps tensing and squeezing to get as much blood as possible in the muscle area.

Once my muscles have fully warmed up I will then calculate what weight I will be doing on my working set, this weight will target around 5,6,7 reps. There isn't a set rep range what I will hit and then stop, its when I can't lift anymore no matter what. infact probably the last one my training partner is just slightly touching my elbows and spotting me just to get the last one up. At this stage my positive strength as totally gone, ive left nothing left in the tank for another set. Once ive reached this stage which could be anywhere from 5,6,7th rep my training partner will help me with 2 forced reps, he will spot me so the weight keeps moving slowly but I am still pushing as much as possible, it could well be around 3 forced reps but usually its only 2 because my strength as fully been exhausted and can only do 2 reps with the help of my partner. Then on my last forced rep at the top I have zero strength left to complete another rep so now the only strength I have is negative strength so I would lower the dumbbells slowly for 2 negative reps, at the bottom my partner will help me get the weight up and I will slowly lower the bells again. The pain when doing these negative is extremely painful if done right its recruits many muscle fibres if you execute this movement slow and controlled. Once you have totally exhausted your positive and negative strength that's it, its game over and the muscle area has been fully worked. You haven't left anything in the tank for another set, you have gone through every pain barrier you can think of and your muscle has been fully worked. One set to failure plus 2 forced reps to failure then 2 negatives to failure. The example is done with forced and negatives but its the same principles with dropsetting or rest pause. That's it upper chest press done - next movement and so on in the same fashion

Quote Originally Posted by AD View Post
    marcus, you divide your back days into thickness days and width days right? so do you ever train your back twice a wk to cover both width and thickness? or is it one wk this and one wk that?
    I do width and thickness in the same workout but my main focus will be on one if you understand what I mean. I will do movements what will target both areas but one week I will do more thickness movements and the next week more on the width. I only train one bodypart per week, if done hard and intense that's all whats needed for me. I focused a lot on my back over the last 12 months because it was weak and by doing this plus using some serious heavy weight and intense protocols my back has exploded
    hammerheart likes this.

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Quote Originally Posted by tarmyg View Post
    Good afternoon people,

Bike Conditioning
    12 Rounds:

Power Clean

Conditioning
    AMRAP 4:
    3 Rounds:
    12 Deadlifts - 60kg
    6 Push Jerks - 60kg

rest 4 minutes

AMRAP 4:
    2 Rounds:
    12 Deadlifts - 60kg
    6 Push Jerks - 60kg

rest 4 minutes

AMRAP 4:
    1 Round:
    12 Deadlifts - 70kg
    6 Push Jerks - 70kg

Conditioning
    For Time:
    25 Burpee Box Step Overs
    50 Calorie Row
    25 Burpee Box Step Overs
    I’m doing 4 sets of air condition today. Do I get any credit?
    marcus300 and tarmyg like this.

If your having problems with your grip and forearms use straps until your forearm muscles start to get stronger, try doing some direct work on them.

If you are unable to increase the weight then increase the reps up to around 12, once you can reach this rep range you can increase the weight and lower the reps and repeat by pushing the rep range to the higher end. Another good way to increase strength is try pre exhaust for a couple of months and push really hard on the compound movement after the isolation, this will increase your strength once you go back to your normal way of training.

Reaching failure, pushing to failure and going all out for that one set start inside your head, use what ignites your adrenalin, use the fire within to spark the aggression to push that extra rep and make that set worth it. Yon know what works so use it to fuel your workouts.

Looking well and very ripped, I like the white colour it reminds me of my English friends

Cant fully tell from that picture but you seem to have developed the delts chest, biceps and the only softer part in that picture is your triceps. So try and concentrate on them and well done my white friend keep up the good work
    Yes even if I can't increase the weight I'm always finding ways around, pre-exhaust works great for me if I can't push heavy and the rest pauses help me reach the pain zone.

Tris are quite of a weak point, they also take their time to recover (4-5 days), but are improving. Tried triceps pushdowns but didn't have a good feeling with the exercise, my fav are skulls and overhead double handed db tris extension. No one does the latter at gym, but hits the long head like nothing else.

I'd probably blend in well in the UK, I also leave socks on when fully naked.
    marcus300 and clarky. like this.

Yes even if I can't increase the weight I'm always finding ways around, pre-exhaust works great for me if I can't push heavy and the rest pauses help me reach the pain zone.

Tris are quite of a weak point, they also take their time to recover (4-5 days), but are improving. Tried triceps pushdowns but didn't have a good feeling with the exercise, my fav are skulls and overhead double handed db tris extension. No one does the latter at gym, but hits the long head like nothing else.

I'm sure you have heard me talk about these before on here because I cant shout loud enough, this movement puts the long head into a positions what isolates the long head and fully stretches it and stretches the muscle, once you build up some strength the tricep will just hang off the backs of your arms, its an immense movement and works the head like nothing else and also stop the elbow pain so stop skulls because you will end up with elbow pain and stick with these unless you can do skulls with dbs and let the wrist move in its own groove them you'll be fine so put these two together and your triceps when in the double bicep pose will hang down. From the sounds of it only train one bodypart once per week if that if it takes recovery that long
    keep up the good work

hollowedzeus is offline Productive Member

We are famous for leaving our socks on while naked. Im just back from a sock party
    marcus300 likes this.

kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Morning Marcus.
    marcus300 likes this.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    Morning Marcus.
    Morning to you sir but its good afternoon here

hope everything is on track buddy
    almostgone likes this.

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Hi fellas, hope yous ate all ok . Got back done not so long ago. I did sets the day, went good weights down a tad. Must be the diet eh ??? Fast one.

UH pd's kneeling on ground for full stretch, 4 sets 15,10,10,10

Seated cg row 3 sets 7,7 drop,7

Cg hammer row 3 sets 8,8,8

Straight arm pd's 3 sets 12,10,11

Hypers 2 sets

Done, no cardio the night just knackered the now.

Stayed the same weight last wk but still on track to hit my goal.
    almostgone likes this.

cousinmuscles is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    It wasn't bad 20-30 years ago, basically a 6-8 lane interstate highway. However, it has become a huge industrial corridor for businesses like BMW, Lockheed aviation, GE aviation, Michelin, Jtekt/Toyoda machine tool, and all of the support businesses that go along with that. Unfortunately, the highway capacity hasn't increased, so traffic is horrendous. I stopped to change a tire for a pregnant lady stuck at an off ramp and there were 2 separate wrecks on the overpass that is another major highway. Total clusterfvck. Seems we build transportation routes that are great until more than 3 people use them?
    I see what you mean. Here we have traffic issues but not because of congestion meaning too many drivers. We have too many stupid drivers. Usually it's a handful of people that decide to take the left lane and go 10km/h below speed limit etc. Taking a turn is also a challenge, they must decrease speed by 20-30km/h. And a phenomenon, if you see anything happening like a guy getting stopped by the police, decrease your speed to walking speed and stare at the guy and the cops. These are the things that cause congestion pretty much all the time, apart from that there are murderers out there... Honestly I have driven in three different countries quite a lot, the unique thing here is sleepyheads who were taught a "safe" way to drive but become unaware of their surroundings, it had taught me to be able to see peoples intentions before they

I think I've read 6+ lines are excessive and more roads won't help past a certain point... One day I want to never have to drive during traffic hours again, ever...
    almostgone likes this.

kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Morning to you sir but its good afternoon here

hope everything is on track buddy

I think it is. Or so I'm told. We'll know soon!
    marcus300 likes this.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member

Order some MT2.

Take it as an experiment
    marcus300 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by cousinmuscles View Post
    I see what you mean. Here we have traffic issues but not because of congestion meaning too many drivers. We have too many stupid drivers. Usually it's a handful of people that decide to take the left lane and go 10km/h below speed limit etc. Taking a turn is also a challenge, they must decrease speed by 20-30km/h. And a phenomenon, if you see anything happening like a guy getting stopped by the police, decrease your speed to walking speed and stare at the guy and the cops. These are the things that cause congestion pretty much all the time, apart from that there are murderers out there... Honestly I have driven in three different countries quite a lot, the unique thing here is sleepyheads who were taught a "safe" way to drive but become unaware of their surroundings, it had taught me to be able to see peoples intentions before they

I think I've read 6+ lines are excessive and more roads won't help past a certain point... One day I want to never have to drive during traffic hours again, ever...
    LOL, sounds like a universal problem. Especially when people dump their.guts and jam on brakes due to blue lights.
    Headed home from class for the day. Brain is toast. Will post up my leg session later. F-in 103°F today.
    cousinmuscles and clarky. like this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by cousinmuscles View Post

I can see where more lanes may not be useful, especially if the ingress and egress isn't sufficient to support it.

Not too shabby lift this morning.

Crunches - 170
    Leg extensions - 2 w/u, Work - 27, rest pause, 3
    Hacks - 2 w/u, Work - 12
    Reverse hacks - 1 w/u, Work - 12
    Standing calf raises w/ double pump at the top - Work 1- 12, rest pause, 7. Stood on a 4x4 and stretched calves for 1 minute. Kept the same weight. Work 2- 7, rest pause, 5. Stretched calves again.
    Leg press - 1 w/u, Work 1 (feet wide) - 9 reps. Work 2 - (feet narrow) - 11 reps.
    Leg curls - Work - 15 reps. Moderate weight and slow slow and steady on these.
    SL d'bell deads - 10 reps nice and slow on the stretch.

Pushed 760# on the wide leg presses and dropped back down to 580# on narrow stance presses. Nothing heavy like you guys move, but not bad for this old fat man considering the max humidity and lifting in my non - A/C shop?
    Hope to get arms in early tomorrow morning if all goes well.

I-85 traffic royally sucked. 14 miles of 25-35 m.p.h. Don't know if y'all can zoom in enough to see it, but it was one long string of clusterfvck.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails **Marcus's HIT Dungeon**-img_20180619_173449938.jpg  
    marcus300 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post
    Order some MT2.

Take it as an experiment
    Don't really want to throw anything at my body atm, as out of whack I am already. Was thinking tanning bed instead if I cannot make to beach.

I also got pretty nasty and large moles, don't want more of them or existing ones to enlarge.
    Last edited by hammerheart; 06-19-2018 at 05:49 PM.

On the leg press, is it safe to let knees lower close to chest, with ankles flexing accordingly, the sort of deep squats?

On the leg press, is it safe to let knees lower close to chest, with ankles flexing accordingly, the sort of deep squats?
    Keep your ass and lower back glued to the seat and back support. If your ass and lower back start rounding up from the seat, you're going too deep IMHO.
    marcus300 likes this.

Keep your ass and lower back glued to the seat and back support. If your ass and lower back start rounding up from the seat, you're going too deep IMHO.
    Didn't happen, got quite a pump in lower back too from keeping it in place, was holding strong down on the handles when squeezing the last set, not sure if this the right way though.
    almostgone and marcus300 like this.

Didn't happen, got quite a pump in lower back too from keeping it in place, was holding strong down on the handles when squeezing the last set, not sure if this the right way though.
    Sounds proper to me.
    hammerheart likes this.

Bedtime for me. Want to be up early if I sleep well.
    marcus300 likes this.

Good morning people
    Hope your day brings you wealth and knowledge or at least some new found muscle
    almostgone and cousinmuscles like this.

Blog Entries
    Good morning to you Marcus,

The intensity continues and today it was continued work for almost 2h.

Chest-to-bar
    AMRAP 5:
    Chest-to-bar

Front Squat
    4 Reps @ 96kg
    1 Rep @ 102kg
    4 Reps @ 96kg
    1 Rep @ 108kg
    4 Reps @ 96kg
    1 Rep @ 115kg

“Heartbreak Kid”
    3 Rounds For Time:
    5 Front Squats - 60kg
    10 Pull-ups
    30 Double Unders

Odd Object
    3 Rounds For Time:
    25 Calorie Assault Bike
    25′ Left Arm Overhead Kettlebell Lunge - 24kg
    25′ Right Arm Overhead Kettlebell Lunge 24kg
    10 Wallballs to 9' target - 10kg

Calorie Assault Bike Conditioning
    For Time:
    100 Calories
    cousinmuscles and marcus300 like this.

Morning, everyone.

Off to the shop. Think today is is going to be a stretch and cardio day. My brain is tired and my tris are still pissy from pressing Monday. Hopefully I'll be fresher for working arms tomorrow.

Tonight's training:

SLDL with straps 210x3 too much fatigue and hand pain, I scraped some skin off on a finger from the deads...
    Glute ham raise conditioning work x 25,25,25,25
    Ab machine 50, 50, 50
    Tried to do grip work but failed. Now that the chalk is gone I see it looks bad, but not too bad.

Will change up deadlift and squat days; cutting out the secondary heavy exercise so it's only one heavy and auxiliary work afterwards. Too many heavies and the workout takes way too long, and I can't train things I want like grip, abs et.c. as much as I want.
    clarky. likes this.

Brain fog

Morning all
    hollowedzeus and clarky. like this.

Morning folks
    clarky. likes this.

Morning, guys and gals. Putting away some turkey, rice, and broccoli. Still half asleep.
    clarky. likes this.

Blog Entries
    No more CrossFit this week as the box is closed. Focusing on HIT for the rest of the week with some LISS at the end.

Today I did chest and arms. Felt pretty darn decent today and ripped up that little gym.

Chest
    Incline Dumbbell Press, 2wu, working set, started at 36kg and drop set it with 8kg each time until I could not move the 4kg dumbbells
    Decline Dumbbell Press, working set, started at 36kg and drop set it with 8kg each time until I could not move the 4kg dumbbells
    Dumbbell Flyes, Started at 24kg and then drop set it
    Pec Dec, Max weight and then drop set

Arms
    Same method as above, 3 triceps movements and 2 bicep movements.

20-minutes on an elliptical. Amazing to me how I could ever burn fat using that darn thing. Obviously works.

Morning, guys and gals. Putting away some turkey, rice, and broccoli. Still half asleep.

A lot of food prep for me today as well. Lovely.
    marcus300, clarky. and almostgone like this.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

Thread Information