Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: finally ready

Zodiac82 is offline AR's Scrapple Lover

finally ready

Ok guys, I think im finally ready to make that next step and propose to my gf. We have two kids together and been together for over 10 years. I have a couple of ideas of when and how im goin to do it. give me ur thoughts and/ideas on it as well.
    1: either on Xmas morning after all the gifts are open I tell her I have one my gift I forgot about and have her open a box that has nothin but a piece of paper in it that says look up....and when she does the kids will take off their robes and have shirts on that says will u marry our dad....and when she turn around and looks at me thats when ill drop to one knee.
    2. on new years Eve/close to countdown ....ill ask hwe whats her new years resolution and shell say whatever it is and when she ask what mine ill say to make u my wife(as time goes down to 1) and drop to my knee.
    any ideas will be great....thanks
    Oh and Gixx....please dont make fun of my Lifetime Channel ideas lol ; )

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Christmas / kid plan. Absolutely

Euroholic is offline "ARs Pork Eating Crusader"
    I doubt i will ever get marrierd but i always thought it would be cool to use a carrier pigion with the ring on a little basket. Stay at the Versace hotel in goldy and get the bird to fly in through the window.

Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    Quote Originally Posted by Euroholic View Post
    I doubt i will ever get marrierd but i always thought it would be cool to use a carrier pigion with the ring on a little basket. Stay at the Versace hotel in goldy and get the bird to fly in through the window.
    Good way to lose a ring when a big ass hawk swoops in and eats the damn pigeon lol

Quote Originally Posted by cancer82 View Post
    Ok guys, I think im finally ready to make that next step and propose to my gf. We have two kids together and been together for over 10 years. I have a couple of ideas of when and how im goin to do it. give me ur thoughts and/ideas on it as well.
    1: either on Xmas morning after all the gifts are open I tell her I have one my gift I forgot about and have her open a box that has nothin but a piece of paper in it that says look up....and when she does the kids will take off their robes and have shirts on that says will u marry our dad....and when she turn around and looks at me thats when ill drop to one knee.
    2. on new years Eve/close to countdown ....ill ask hwe whats her new years resolution and shell say whatever it is and when she ask what mine ill say to make u my wife(as time goes down to 1) and drop to my knee.
    Doesn't matter HOW you do it...just make sure you mean it. The committment to marriage is so weak in this day and age that I have nooo doubt it has contributed to or pathetic society. Marriage is supposed to be that bond that is forever, not just for now!

Congratz and best of luck...I say Xmas! Why wait????

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Kids/Christmas. I like the fact that its more persoanl with just the family there.
    Realist: A person who sees things as they truly are. A practical person. The pessimist complains about the wind; The optimist expects it to change; The realist adjusts the sails. — William Arthur Ward

milky01623 is offline Productive Member
    Yeah Xmas dude

I can't remember proposing until the wife told me the morning after but even to this day I have no recollection if it I'm sure she made it up just so we could get married lol
    10 years on and were still happy so it must've worked :-)

Armykid93 is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo View Post
    X2
    Great plan dude. Wish I was that creative lol

Shsm is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by armykid93

x2
    great plan dude. Wish i was that creative lol
    x3. I like it a lot.

diesel101 is offline Anabolic Member
    Go with kids/xmas Idea! good luck and congrats(that is if she says yes)

Quote Originally Posted by Euroholic View Post
    lol that would be nice until the pigeon flyswatter away with the ring

Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1 View Post

Doesn't matter HOW you do it...just make sure you mean it. The committment to marriage is so weak in this day and age that I have nooo doubt it has contributed to or pathetic society. Marriage is supposed to be that bond that is forever, not just for now!

Congratz and best of luck...I say Xmas! Why wait????
    oh I will definitely mean it....and agree with the bond part....thanks for the congratz

I was leanin toward that idea until my daughter suggested new years Eve lol

Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    Kids/Christmas. I like the fact that its more persoanl with just the family there.
    yeh....I think its just gonna be us and the kids on new years Eve as well....I figure she expects it to be done in front of a lot of ppl so not doin it that way WOULD be more of a surprise

Quote Originally Posted by milky01623 View Post
    Yeah Xmas dude

I can't remember proposing until the wife told me the morning after but even to this day I have no recollection if it I'm sure she made it up just so we could get married lol
    10 years on and were still happy so it must've worked :-)
    lol....mustang been a wild night....see u have the old avi back

Quote Originally Posted by Armykid93 View Post

X2
    Great plan dude. Wish I was that creative lol
    thanks....appreciate that

Quote Originally Posted by Shsm View Post

x3. I like it a lot.
    sweet

Quote Originally Posted by diesel101 View Post
    Go with kids/xmas Idea! good luck and congrats(that is if she says yes)
    wow....I didnt think this many ppl would say Xmas....yeh she's waiting for me to do it....thank u

lstbred is offline Senior Member
    Yep, Christmas x4

jasc is offline Welcome to the Good Life
    The christmas idea's awesome man, involving the kids is brilliant. Congrats

AXx
    AXx is offline AR's hose draggin' post whore~Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Yep definitely Christmas man. That's an excellent idea. Very thoughtful and creative

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Having the kids involved will mean a lot to them and your gf. Great plan

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    I wouldnt make fun of it for proposing, if you had your kids wear a shirt to ask a girl out for a first date i would
    I agree on the christmas idea with the kids, i like that, how old are your kids? will they be able to keep the secret?
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

Bigshotvictoria is offline Senior Member
    Kids at Christmas, and congrats!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lstbred View Post
    Yep, Christmas x4
    10/4

Quote Originally Posted by jasc View Post
    The christmas idea's awesome man, involving the kids is brilliant. Congrats
    thank u

Quote Originally Posted by AXx View Post
    Yep definitely Christmas man. That's an excellent idea. Very thoughtful and creative
    appreciate that

Having the kids involved will mean a lot to them and your gf. Great plan
    thank u Cape

Quote Originally Posted by Bigshotvictoria View Post
    Kids at Christmas, and congrats!!!
    thanks for the Congrats Big

Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    I wouldnt make fun of it for proposing, if you had your kids wear a shirt to ask a girl out for a first date i would
    I agree on the christmas idea with the kids, i like that, how old are your kids? will they be able to keep the secret?
    lol....kids will be 12 & 8 in Jan....I kno my daughter can thats why I told her about it....im pretty sure my son could but he gets anxious about things and I dont wanna take that chance....thanks

I appreciate ALL the input guys....looks like we have a clear winner....thank u again

warmouth is offline Productive Member
    I did it at a christmas party 2 years ago, and dont regret a thing. Her dad wasnt very fond of me, but when I asked his blessing months before, he asked if I would consider doing it with them, so they could be there and take pics. You wont regret it.
    Fact is, 2 kids, 10 years, pal, you should have been married by now Let the miss open her stuff up. Dont let her get a bunch of high-endstuff. Just normal stuff she can practically use. Once it over, you want her to feel like you could have done more, but her realizing you actually did good by getting her practical stuff. Let everything die down and get silent. Then, out of the blue, drop to the knee(ring in hand) and bow out your manly chest and ask away. Then come back here and let us know how it went.

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    The Christmas idea is fantastic. As to your daughter suggesting new years, no way for a kid to understand how important/meaningful the inclusion of them as part of your commitment to your wife and her/your life is.

Quote Originally Posted by warmouth View Post
    I did it at a christmas party 2 years ago, and dont regret a thing. Her dad wasnt very fond of me, but when I asked his blessing months before, he asked if I would consider doing it with them, so they could be there and take pics. You wont regret it.
    Fact is, 2 kids, 10 years, pal, you should have been married by now Let the miss open her stuff up. Dont let her get a bunch of high-endstuff. Just normal stuff she can practically use. Once it over, you want her to feel like you could have done more, but her realizing you actually did good by getting her practical stuff. Let everything die down and get silent. Then, out of the blue, drop to the knee(ring in hand) and bow out your manly chest and ask away. Then come back here and let us know how it went.
    will do

Quote Originally Posted by Far from massive View Post
    The Christmas idea is fantastic. As to your daughter suggesting new years, no way for a kid to understand how important/meaningful the inclusion of them as part of your commitment to your wife and her/your life is.
    true....I fully didn't explain how I would do it in Xmas to my daughter....I just told I was gonna propose and asked if I should do it on Xmas or new years....but definitely agree they wouldn't grasp the full meaningfulness of it

Another reason your top notch in my book!!!!!

Armykid93 is offline Productive Member
    Lol how in the hell were the parents not fond of you?

dan991 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cancer82 View Post
    I just gotta ask... ARE YOU SURE you wanna do this?

Quote Originally Posted by dan68131 View Post
    I just gotta ask... ARE YOU SURE you wanna do this?
    Give away a 20K ring and sceptical of marriage forever lol.

dan991 is offline Anabolic Member
    Oh I gave away a lot more than a ring..... $55K for her ring (took 6 years to pay off the loan), $29K for the wedding, $8K for the Honeymoon; two kids that are going to cost hundreds of thousands in child support........ Then... $34K in attorneys, $15K lump sum alimony, and I gave her a house that I spent 6 years putting every paycheck towards to pay off. I was married for 5 years... took 6 to pay off just her ring....

Don't regret the kids for a second; but I could've had a Ferrari and banged supermodel hookers in Vegas for the rest of my life for what it cost me to be married.

Am I dumb- YES. BUT... it was supposed to be "forever"......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information