bigtraps is offline Member

Metallica Rules !

Bump

kc
    kc is offline Female Member
    k, i'll agree with that...but, did i miss something....why?

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    ONly there older stuff.....most of their new releases suck and doesn't have the same "Metallica" sound to it.

kc
    hey tex....the noise around says the new cd sounds like the old stuff....i gotta hear it to believe it...can't wait till AUGUST!!!!!!! invesco field baby!!!!!

ripsid is offline Senior Member
    They've done nothing but Suck since the black album!!! They turned into a top 40 N'sync cover band! Lost there edge in pursuit of refinement! Now, they played a song from there new album last night on MTV and the riff was solid, the lyrics sounded....Eh?! Nothing special....
    Now as far as the bands that played last night.....
    1) Limp Bizkit was byfar the best!
    2) Korn was solid!
    3) .....everyone else sucked! and Sean Penn was a solid TERRIBLE last night as a presenter...

4a) Juliana Barbiara (what ever) needs me to dissapoint her! Oh man!
    4b) Shanan Elizabeth (see 4a)

5) Metallica has totally gone down hill!!! and I'm sick of hearing Lars speak! He's too self important.

Long live OLD Metallica, because the new stuff is unlistenable!

chinups Guest
    There new bassist kick's major ass....It was def cool to see other bands play there shit..Fred Durst sucks-why did he try to change the song to his style, he should have changed his styl to sound like metallica...just my opinion..

I liked Limps version because had he tried to do it like James and the boys it would have sucked! He can't carry it like he does. How bout snoop totally F*N SUCKING MAJOR ASS! Oh man that was embarrasing how terrible he was! and I tell you what he did a cover of a sublime song - summertime and it's f'n awesome.
    The new bassist used to play with Suicidal Tendencies (F*N Rock)...he's pretty bad!

kc
    what did you guys watch? i haven't had MTV on in ages...

MTV???? It sure isn't "MUSIC" television anymore. What ever happened to them playing videos? Hell even when they do it's all rap! I like some rap but come on where's the variety?

kc
    i think they have rock on for like 60 minutes around 5pm...but i'm sure it's that pop rock stuff they play on pop stations....i just hit the Rock station on direct tv, they play a pretty good selection closest thing to rock music radio i've got out here in hickville

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    yeah i like old metallica...after the black album they have gone downhill but they are still one of the most talented metal groups ever

rob35145 is offline Junior Member
    Avril siging Fuel totally sucked! I can't stand that chick!!

mammoth is offline Member
    Originally posted by BIG TEXAN
    MTV???? It sure isn't "MUSIC" television anymore. What ever happened to them playing videos? Hell even when they do it's all rap! I like some rap but come on where's the variety?
    I never watch MTV for that simple reason. It's all MTV2 or MuchMusic for me. I prefer MuchMusic because they have some really kick ass video blocks, such as Uranium. That Julyana (spelling?) is freakin hot!

chinups Guest
    Avril is so HOT!!!! And I thought the bassist was in Black Sabbath as well. NO?

Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    Lars is a little whiny bitch! (anyone remember napster?)

Lars is a total F*n whiner! Selfish forgot where he came from F* HEad! During the "Metal Up Your Ass " Days he/they would have loved Napster! Now ....oh crap I hate him! No wonder James is a drunk! He has to deal with Her!

Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    Originally posted by ripsid
    Lars is a total F*n whiner! Selfish forgot where he came from F* HEad! During the "Metal Up Your Ass " Days he/they would have loved Napster! Now ....oh crap I hate him! No wonder James is a drunk! He has to deal with Her!
    LOL

Butch is offline Anabolic Member
    I don't care wtf yo all think that are bashing them for getting "older" they still kick ass and always will kick ass....their new bassist is sweet...however Jason was the best....

Music changes...I thought the show last night MTV Icons was great....no matter what music they play I will buy it....

And Lars is by far the best drummer out there....just becasue he was againist people getting free music everyone hates him....shit how would yo feel if yo worked your ass off only to have someone give it away free and yo get nothing but a handshake filled with shit....

Metallica will always kick fuckin ass!!!!!

ok ok ok! I'll say this, I'd rather have Neil Peart? or Nicko McBrain from IM! and yes he's good but you know what he's not GOD! He's not the Jimmi Hendrix of drums!
    Metallica WAS ... WAS! GOOD! THey matured and got not as good as they were and that happens in music. Then you have somebands like Iron Maiden was AWESOME got bad and then got good again, because they remembered where they came from. Lars agot full of him self, and so did James. Unfortunatley, because before the black album they were better than Led Zepplin ALL TIME! Don't sell me they ARE good because they're not anymore...They were!
    New bassist is from Suicidal Tendencies...and they F'n Rock , and didn't forget where they came from!

Originally posted by ripsid
    ok ok ok! I'll say this, I'd rather have Neil Peart? or Nicko McBrain from IM! and yes he's good but you know what he's not GOD! He's not the Jimmi Hendrix of drums!
    Metallica WAS ... WAS! GOOD! THey matured and got not as good as they were and that happens in music. Then you have somebands like Iron Maiden was AWESOME got bad and then got good again, because they remembered where they came from. Lars agot full of him self, and so did James. Unfortunatley, because before the black album they were better than Led Zepplin ALL TIME! Don't sell me they ARE good because they're not anymore...They were!
    New bassist is from Suicidal Tendencies...and they F'n Rock , and didn't forget where they came from!
    I agree...to a certain degree....I will admit that they have gone a little "soft" on us....the lirics aren't the same....hopefully, and I stress hopefully they can make a turn around.

Rip, you have good points. I can respect that...however, I will remain a true fan and always hopef or a return of the headbanging Metallica soon...

Originally posted by Butch

I will remain a true fan and always hopef or a return of the headbanging Metallica soon...
    I'll agree to that, unfortanetly I don't see it happening anytime soon.

Originally posted by BIG TEXAN
    I'll agree to that, unfortanetly I don't see it happening anytime soon.
    I know...why does it seem so hard for them to get back in the groove? Each album I hope that they get back to those roots...but they never do. I guess they will be just that....ICONS....

The torch has been passed to bands such as Korn, Limp, Rage.....however, they can never duplicate the kick ass music Metallica produced.

Matt Foley is offline Member
    unforgiven,fuel,four leaf clover: yea theyve gone media soft but ive listened to them since i was a kid.some of there stuff still rocks its not all bad.theyve had alot more hits than fad group limp biskit.some of the shit these days i hear isnt even music.thats why i like classic rock so much,at least you know your listening to music.

Butch, I understand "true fan", BUT I also know that the whole reason why I loved them was the EDGE they had! and man when you would hear songs like Hit the lights or master of the puppets, anesthesia even all those songs I had veins pumpin out of my forehead and I was grinding! man! I still get amped up listening to them! Now you hear the newer stuff and it's "CatchY" and "Radio Friendly"... That's what I don't need, they can still be VERY edgey and still be on! I'm not saying they have to be Slipknot or Slayer or Venom, but they do need there edge to be good.
    I don't turn off or not listen to them, but they aren't what they were and they don't have my attention like they did. I like a certain type of music and they don't have it anymore, but I still like them.
    I will say this, though, lars is so over the top SELF Important! and that drives me nuts, I think HE thinks he's better than Rock and Roll.

Thread Information