kmms is offline Productive Member

frickin dengue fever got me again

god i hate this damn virus. it's absolutely the most miserable painful sickness i've ever had, and now i've had it twice. i can't even remember most of the last week, NYE came and went while i was trying to break a 40c fever soaking all my towels and sheets. i guess the good news is that once you've had dengue, you are immune to that strain for life and there are only 4 strains that can get you, so two down two to go.

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kmms
    god i hate this damn virus. it's absolutely the most miserable painful sickness i've ever had, and now i've had it twice. i can't even remember most of the last week, NYE came and went while i was trying to break a 40c fever soaking all my towels and sheets. i guess the good news is that once you've had dengue, you are immune to that strain for life and there are only 4 strains that can get you, so two down two to go.
    I know the symptoms. They are extremely unpleasant. Glad to hear you are pulling through and I hope you won't need to develop antibodies to the remaining strains!

kmms is offline Productive Member
    well i was lucky to find out about papaya leaf extract this time through an indian friend of mine and it must have worked really well because last time i had dengue it took over 3 weeks to clear. as i understand it, once you've had dengue you are immune for life from that strain in addition to "short term" (no specified time limit) immunity from the other strains. problem is, once you've had dengue and you do get it again, your chances for having severe complications increases greatly. man i sure hope i never catch this again.

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kmms
    well i was lucky to find out about papaya leaf extract this time through an indian friend of mine and it must have worked really well because last time i had dengue it took over 3 weeks to clear. as i understand it, once you've had dengue you are immune for life from that strain in addition to "short term" (no specified time limit) immunity from the other strains. problem is, once you've had dengue and you do get it again, your chances for having severe complications increases greatly. man i sure hope i never catch this again.
    Correct on all accounts and I've heard anecdotally about the therapeutic properties of papaya leaf extract but I've never investigated the clinical validity. Glad you're doing better.

Thread Information