Thread: IV antibiotics

SEOINAGE is offline Anabolic Member

IV antibiotics

This stuff hard to come by and do yourself?

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    ??? full sentence please

Are IV antibiotics difficult to purchase online?

I don't know how else to phrase this. I tell reasoning behind why I'm asking later, kind of think I might need it after researching this infection I have, going to call my grandfather who was an E.N.T. in a bit, but almost positive the doctor I went to is way off.

A quick google shows there are places that will provide it for home care but looks like you have to set it up through a doctor or clinic but it's covered by some insurance.

That's about all I could figure out myself. Hope I don't have to go that route. I hate oral antibiotics though.

Quote Originally Posted by SEOINAGE View Post
    That's about all I could figure out myself. Hope I don't have to go that route. I hate oral antibiotics though.
    Why? I'm sure if you search you can find saline solution and buy antibiotics from the pet store for fish (exactly the same as for humans) and make your own.

Personally I would rather take a few pills

Jacks my gut up. With a probiotic etc even. Can't take it long enough to fix a problem. And with most drugs or medications it has little effect or takes forever to work or have to take more.

AD
    AD is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Why dont you look into intramuscular? Its a route we are all familiar with.

IV is rather tricky. Getting iv access, maintaining access cos some drugs tend to cause irritation and coaggulation, getting tubes and solutions to deliver a slow iv...blah...

also if this infection is in my lungs like i think then iv antibiotics are the proper way to go.

yeah it looks like IM antibiotics are out there. would be simple just might require frequent injection?

There are some youtube videos on it. It's not a injection but you are sitting around with an IV drip for 1+ hr 1 or 2x a day for a while from what I understand. Doesnt look like much fun.

AD
    yeah it looks like IM antibiotics are out there. would be simple just might require frequent injection?
    It might depend on what antibiotics you plan to use and what bugs you're trying to kill. Dosing protocol may be very similar between iv or im because its drug dependent. Lung infection like a pneumonia?

also if this infection is in my lungs like i think then iv antibiotics are the proper way to go.
    Are you thinking you have pneumonia? You had better get an xray to be sure. I was pretty sure I had pneumonia last week due to fighting a cough for 4 months and looking up pneumonia A typical it matched all my symptoms I have been having. Turns out it known side effect to the blood pressure medication I was taking

AD
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    There are some youtube videos on it. It's not a injection but you are sitting around with an IV drip for 1+ hr 1 or 2x a day for a while from what I understand. Doesnt look like much fun.
    And its usually not a one off thing. Might need the drip running twice a day for a wk or 2 depending on severity.

Quote Originally Posted by AD View Post
    And its usually not a one off thing. Might need the drip running twice a day for a wk or 2 depending on severity.
    exactly.

I don't think it is pneumonia. But I think whatever is going on in my nose has spread. I have had puss and scabs in my nose for months now. End of November started feeling a drip in the back of my throat, now I'm thinking it was puss.

Went to the doctor the other day and he said I just had a cold, and that my nose was a staph infection.

Well I have no voice, have a hard time breathing, couple times hard to eat, and winded real easy. When I manage to clear things try to hack it up, real hard mind you, not typical mucus this stuff holds on, it comes out looking like what is in my nose. Scab puss looking with some coagulated blood. If I keep trying to clear I get little specs of blood like if I pick the scabs in my nose I get a little blood.

So I think this doc is wrong, he gave me a script for some topical stuff for in my nose, Pharm issues I won't get it till today, but I doubt it can take care of anything more than what's going on in my nose.

And finally I don't feel like I have a cold at all.

Stickman123 is offline Junior Member
    Find another doctor.

JP-MAN is offline Banned
    yeah man, go see another doc. giving urself iv doesnt sound good...

or safe

diesel101 is offline Anabolic Member
    Get a second opinion Bro

Well my grandpa told me I should call him back and get a chest xray to make sure I don't have a sinus infection. And that it sounds like I need to be on antibiotics. I don't even like this doctor and he's the doctor for my kids. I need to find a better doctor that's affordable and worth going to that i trust knows what he is doing, and also that I don't get ripped off for costs associated with treatment of any kind. I know my trt doc anything done is going to be affordable and competitive. Also this sucks because I have a high deductible and I reached my max out of pocket last year, and If I had known this would get like this I would have done something about the minor issue when it was a problem before.

so get this I go to pick up my little topical antibiotic for my nose and they want 65 bucks for it. So I didn't pick it up, anyways I can get 100 ml of penicillin which is 50 doses for someone my size, it's one dose a day max four days. trying to research if this will take care of it. 8 bucks versus going to the doctor again, if it doesn't work I can go in and get a chest xray and spend the money etc.

AD
    $65! wow, what sort of cream is that?

dan991 is offline Anabolic Member
    Well I have no voice, have a hard time breathing, couple times hard to eat, and winded real easy. When I manage to clear things try to hack it up, real hard mind you, not typical mucus this stuff holds on, it comes out looking like what is in my nose. Scab puss looking with some coagulated blood. If I keep trying to clear I get little specs of blood like if I pick the scabs in my nose I get a little blood.
    Actually- I had this same type of thing before, at least the same symptoms. It was an allergic reaction to Goose Down after a shit load of tests. Changed my comforter on my bed and it went away.

Just noticed why my ankles were itching. Have tons of tiny red dots all over them.

I would go a ear, nose, and throat doc. That's where I went....

Shol'va is offline Productive Member
    Just noticed why my ankles were itching. Have tons of tiny red dots all over them.
    I get that when I take vicodin or percocet. Some kind of adverse reaction to the opioids. Just a little FYI

I wonder if its from melanotan 2. I swear they were itching before my first shot last night.

Take some benadryl.

Uhm.. how about don't take anything else and go see a doctor... a better one than you've already seen.

I'll try Benadryl tomorrow if ankles look worse. Could be the new socks I wore.
    Dan I'm going to just skip the doctor save the cash and pin some vet grade penicillin and hope the 1ml per 100 lb dosing is good for humans.

Dan I'm going to just skip the doctor save the cash and pin some vet grade penicillin and hope the 1ml per 100 lb dosing is good for humans.
    There's a lot wrong with that statement but... Uhm... okay...

wh1spa is offline Senior Member
    I'll try Benadryl tomorrow if ankles look worse. Could be the new socks I wore.
    Makes your milk go blue, just warning you..

Well thats what happened when i used to plug the dairy cows with it.

Quote Originally Posted by wh1spa;632***1
    Makes your milk go blue, just warning you..

Well thats what happened when i used to plug the dairy cows with it.
    There's EVEN MORE wrong with these statements.... wtf....

wh1spa is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dan68131 View Post
    what do you mean. youve never seen what penicillin does to a lactating cows milk?

AD
    Quote Originally Posted by dan68131 View Post
    come on, bro, its the lounge, not the consultation room...

Quote Originally Posted by wh1spa View Post
    what do you mean. youve never seen what penicillin does to a lactating cows milk?
    No.. but start another thread and post pics.

Thread Information