Rwy
    Rwy is offline Productive Member

Buying a car on EBAY

Sorry to make another thread. Figured I would get more responses this way. I swear living in NY sucks balls. I have been looking at some trucks on the internet and I can buy better models with lower mileage for cheaper in the south or texas. I would never go buy something with out seeing it and even if I do besides driving it I have no idea what to look for but some of the prices are pretty enticing.

Anyone ever buy a car off Ebay.

lovbyts is online now Knowledgeable Member
    My buddy bought his Viper on Ebay and i have bought a couple ATV's. No problems.

dan991 is offline Anabolic Member
    I sold one of my cars on eBay.... feel sorry for the poor prick that bought it

lovbyts is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dan68131 View Post
    I sold one of my cars on eBay.... feel sorry for the poor prick that bought it
    I could never be like that. Anytime I sell something it is probably in the best condition it has ever been in. I tend to keep all my cars/toys in good if not perfect working and looks condition and try to never pull one over on anyone. I believe what goes around comes around even if it's not right away or in this lifetime.

Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    Iv'e sold one and bought a cpl jet skis...although I was able to drive to where the jet skis were and if they were not quality I had my cash in hand still!

It is a crap shoot...I bought a $5000 bicycle for my wife of CL and had the person deliver it to a big, well known bike shop for packing and shipping before I completed payment!

You could always ask them to take it to a well known mechanic shop that you could communicate with for an inspection (your cost I'm sure)

diesel101 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rwy View Post
    Sorry to make another thread. Figured I would get more responses this way. I swear living in NY sucks balls. I have been looking at some trucks on the internet and I can buy better models with lower mileage for cheaper in the south or texas. I would never go buy something with out seeing it and even if I do besides driving it I have no idea what to look for but some of the prices are pretty enticing.

One thing to watch for if you are looking at suvs or trucks is make sure they are 4x4,alot of the trucks on ebay from texas are priced right but they wont tell you in the description
    that they are only 2 wheel drive,a buddy of mine flew from south dakota to texas to pick up his truck and when he got there found it was only 2 wheel drive.I told him it was his own damm fault for not knowing!

dan991 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    I could never be like that. Anytime I sell something it is probably in the best condition it has ever been in. I tend to keep all my cars/toys in good if not perfect working and looks condition and try to never pull one over on anyone. I believe what goes around comes around even if it's not right away or in this lifetime.
    Nah, I didn't lie about the car or anything. I just tend to be a little rough on my cars but they are in pristine shape. It was a Porsche Cayman S that I bought new. Took it to a track day when I first got it because the dealership threw it in with the sale. Well, the track was about 15 min from my house and I ended up there every Friday. After 7,000 miles on the ODO, 5 sets of tires- car had to go. Out of the 7,000 miles about 5,000 of them were track miles. I only had the oil changed twice but that car took a hard beating. I warned the guy I sold it to that it was a track car- he didn't care. He was more worried about the price and looks. I was like okay whatever.... still feel sorry for him.
    Last edited by dan991; 01-08-2013 at 08:51 AM.

Zodiac82 is offline AR's Scrapple Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post

it definitely comes back around in on way or another

canesfan804 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1 View Post
    Iv'e sold one and bought a cpl jet skis...although I was able to drive to where the jet skis were and if they were not quality I had my cash in hand still!

It is a crap shoot...I bought a $5000 bicycle for my wife of CL and had the person deliver it to a big, well known bike shop for packing and shipping before I completed payment!

You could always ask them to take it to a well known mechanic shop that you could communicate with for an inspection (your cost I'm sure)

You better stick to EBAY then no more Craigslist. LOL

canesfan804 is offline Member
    You may want to look in North Carolina also. Alot closer to you and there are some really good prices there as well. I did have a neighbor that bought a Vet off ebay and had no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by canesfan804 View Post
    You better stick to EBAY then no more Craigslist. LOL
    That was un called for lol. The bike ourchase on CL went great!

-Ender- is offline Not Retired
    Last edited by -Ender-; 01-10-2013 at 06:44 PM.

How did that cell phone purchase work out for you?LOL

Quote Originally Posted by diesel101 View Post
    How did that cell phone purchase work out for you?LOL
    Yeah yeah! I make one mistake in my entire life and I never hear the end of it lol!

Yeah yeah! I make one mistake in my entire life and I never hear the end of it lol!
    I didnt think that knife had been twisted in awhile!

Eddie_m63 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rwy

I have purchased 2 almost 3 over the years...first was my truck a real good deal and truck over all. Second was my chevelle also a good deal and a great car. Third was a viper that I supposedly purchased but at the last moment the seller refute to sell, probably cause of the price.

Rwy
    Quote Originally Posted by diesel101 View Post
    One thing to watch for if you are looking at suvs or trucks is make sure they are 4x4,alot of the trucks on ebay from texas are priced right but they wont tell you in the description
    that they are only 2 wheel drive,a buddy of mine flew from south dakota to texas to pick up his truck and when he got there found it was only 2 wheel drive.I told him it was his own damm fault for not knowing!
    I noticed a lot of the trucks were dirt cheap that were 2wd. Must be a bitch to drive and it def snows up here so I need 4 wd

Rwy
    Thanks for the info guys. I am going to continue actively looking on ebay. There is a such a huge price difference between the two areas. I was eveing saying to myself **** it if I get that good of a deal maybe I will just splurge get like a 2007 x5 4.8 and throw it in the garage. Most likely the cheap bastard will come out and I will get a 2004 tahoo with like 50-60k and leave it on the street

Rwy
    Hear is what makes me nervous.

I found a car in NY that I liked but would not pay the price. For shits and giggles I searched out reviews of this dealership. So this place has an F rating with the BBB had about 10 googles reviews to stay the hell away from them but they have a ton of positive feeback on ebay. Can you fake feedback on ebay or do you think they only choose to sell top notch cars on ebay vs there lot

EverettCD is offline Member
    What a lot of eBay dealers do to keep their 100% rating is give away a ton of free upgrades & perks to unhappy customers. At Texas Direct they do that for customers that buy off the internet only & then call and bitch about scratches or dents that couldn't be seen in the photos. They then offer up a bunch of free stuff but the customer only gets the free stuff AFTER they leave positive feedback on their eBay store.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Hear is what makes me nervous.

I found a car in NY that I liked but would not pay the price. For shits and giggles I searched out reviews of this dealership. So this place has an F rating with the BBB had about 10 googles reviews to stay the hell away from them but they have a ton of positive feeback on ebay. Can you fake feedback on ebay or do you think they only choose to sell top notch cars on ebay vs there lot
    BBB is about the most useless thing ever. I've dealt with them as a customer and as a business manager managing our rating. They are useless and a money making business. You pay for a good rating
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

Rwy
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    BBB is about the most useless thing ever. I've dealt with them as a customer and as a business manager managing our rating. They are useless and a money making business. You pay for a good rating
    Yea I know the BBB is something you actually have to pay for to become a registered member. It def is a joke but this dealership had way too many complaints to ignore. Maybe I shoudl check out rip off report but i bet thats not much better

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Yea I know the BBB is something you actually have to pay for to become a registered member. It def is a joke but this dealership had way too many complaints to ignore. Maybe I shoudl check out rip off report but i bet thats not much better
    besides paying to be a registered member. They wanted my company to give a large $$ amount bond for an A rating.
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

Armykid93 is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post

besides paying to be a registered member. They wanted my company to give a large $$ amount bond for an A rating.
    I'll agree with you on BBB, shady business they run. Bunch of swindlers.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    One of my friends got scammed on ebay trying to buy a boat

Thread Information