MastaMan is offline Associate Member

Ecdysteroids and Malol

Does anyone know of a 20 hydroxysterone and/or Ursolic acid supplement on the market? I've been reading some very interesting studies about them, but i can't find any products based solely around them, just animal supps with a bunch of other crap in them

http://www.ergo-log.com/ursolicacid.html
    http://www.ergo-log.com/ecdysteroids.html
    http://www.ergo-log.com/ecdysteroidsyoungerskin.html

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    Either E Pharm or Prototype nutrition (possibly both) offer an ursolic acid supp. Pat Arnold put it out. Im not sure if the e pharm is pills or powder and the prototype is a spray but im sure if you hit goggle with that you should find something.
    While ecdysteroids have a steroidal skeleton they have no anabolic activity what so ever in humans if I recall correctly.
    Good luck finding what u r looking for man.

Atomini is offline Banned
    Jimmy is correct - Ecdysterone and Ecdysteroids have no effects in humans what so ever. It's marketing garbage designed to get your money and that's it. Someone made a post in the Q&A section a while ago asking about Ecdysterone, and this was my reply:

Oh, Ecdysterone (AKA 20-Hydroxyecdysone)... a piece of crap supplement that was marketed as a "steroid without side effects" a long time ago, and I remember being back in high school when this garbage was being talked about (circa 2001 or 2002 if I remember correctly).

Ecdysterone is a steroid hormone that is not found in mammals but is instead an insect moulting hormone found in ants, crabs, and a few other arthropods. It's a god damn insect steroid that was hyped up as being an anabolic steroid (of which, it is NOT!!!). Even if this hormone was 'anabolic' at all, it doesn't do a damn thing in humans because humans do not possess ecdysone receptors, which are the receptors located in arthropods such as ants, which is what Ecdysterone binds to. Just because this hormone is of a steroidal nature, supplement companies took advantage of the general public's lack of education regarding steroids , anabolic steroids , what they are, and why not all steroids are anabolic steroids, etc. and started marketing it, as I mentioned earlier, "a steroid hormone with zero side effects". Yeah, zero side effects in humans because it doesn't do anything in us - it's a hormone not even meant for humans. I remember someone coming up to me in class in high school who said to me "hey, did you know they recently discovered a steroid that has no side effects at all?" and I knew it was bullshit back then (early 2000s). But then a study was conducted on Ecdysterone in 2006 that was designed to monitor any performance increases and benefits in male test subjects as a result of Ecdysterone use. In this study, exercises and lifts were monitord as well as things like BMI, bodyfat %, and free and total Testosterone in each test subject so as to track what effects Ecdysterone may have dosed at 200mg daily, and the conclusion was: NO EFFECT AT ALL(1). I also had a buddy who went and bought it back in 2006 to try it out. Guess what happened? NOTHING.

You know what the other name for this kind of stuff is? Snake oil.

Don't buy this stuff unless you WANT to flush your money down the toilet. And if you are going to buy something like this, PM me because I also have a bridge to sell you.

REFERENCES:
    1. Effects of Methoxyisoflavone, Ecdysterone, and Sulfo-Polysaccharide Supplementation on Training Adaptations in Resistance-Trained Males. Wilborn, Colin D; Taylor, Lemuel W; Campbell, Bill I; Kerksick, Chad; Rasmussen, Chris J; Greenwood, Michael; Kreider, Richard B (2006). Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition 3 (2): 19. doi:10.1186/1550-2783-3-2-19

MastaMan is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyinkedup
    Either E Pharm or Prototype nutrition (possibly both) offer an ursolic acid supp. Pat Arnold put it out. Im not sure if the e pharm is pills or powder and the prototype is a spray but im sure if you hit goggle with that you should find something.
    While ecdysteroids have a steroidal skeleton they have no anabolic activity what so ever in humans if I recall correctly.
    Good luck finding what u r looking for man.
    Excellent thank you very much!

Thread Information