Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 48
  1. #1
    Shol'va's Avatar
    Shol'va is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    A Rock And A Hard Place
    Posts
    8,925

    You Guys Aren't Gonna Believe This!

    So I am sitting watching American Idol and my phone rings. It's an old friend from down south. He asks me if I would contact Wal-mart up here in KC and see what a box of 22 long shell cost as he can't seem to find any ammunition in Southern Missouri. So I called Wal-mart here in KC and they told me lots of luck on finding any ammo anywhere as all their stores are wiped out! None available. People are running scared and buying up everything on the shelves everywhere. And since when was a 22 rifle considered and assault weapon? I wish I had stock in ammo. Can you imagine how many shells Wal-mart alone carries for all of it's US stores? were talking millions of dollars worth and they are sold out! Well at least here in the greater Missouri area. Has world war 3 started and we weren't informed? But it's the same mentality when ever their is bad weather moving in. People all run to the grocery stores and wipe out all the shelves of food. 24 hours later the storm is gone and they have a months supply of food that goes bad.

  2. #2
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    29,881
    Yep. Your last sentence pretty much sums it up. Panic and lemmings = perfect together.

  3. #3
    Lunk1's Avatar
    Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    METHAMERICA
    Posts
    16,392
    Quote Originally Posted by Shol'va View Post
    So I am sitting watching American Idol and my phone rings. It's an old friend from down south. He asks me if I would contact Wal-mart up here in KC and see what a box of 22 long shell cost as he can't seem to find any ammunition in Southern Missouri. So I called Wal-mart here in KC and they told me lots of luck on finding any ammo anywhere as all their stores are wiped out! None available. People are running scared and buying up everything on the shelves everywhere. And since when was a 22 rifle considered and assault weapon? I wish I had stock in ammo. Can you imagine how many shells Wal-mart alone carries for all of it's US stores? were talking millions of dollars worth and they are sold out! Well at least here in the greater Missouri area. Has world war 3 started and we weren't informed? But it's the same mentality when ever their is bad weather moving in. People all run to the grocery stores and wipe out all the shelves of food. 24 hours later the storm is gone and they have a months supply of food that goes bad.
    Yep...cheap bricks of 22 shells were like 12- 15 bucks and now they are dbl that!

  4. #4
    gixxerboy1's Avatar
    gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    32,803
    I told you Obama is coming for the double wides

    But that was a great example, Everyone buys 9 gallons of water and food to last a month and gets 2 inches of snow.
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

  5. #5
    Shol'va's Avatar
    Shol'va is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    A Rock And A Hard Place
    Posts
    8,925
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1 View Post
    Yep...cheap bricks of 22 shells were like 12- 15 bucks and now they are dbl that!
    Yeah they said when in stock 250- 22 long shells go for 9.17. they used to come in 500 packs, but now that will cost 18.34

  6. #6
    dan991's Avatar
    dan991 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,943
    Its because a lot of the AR-15's in the U.S. use .22 cal. That's why. Again.. just cause a AR-15 looks scary doesn't mean its some kind of super powerful gun. Its more looks than anything.... its actually a really shitty gun if you ask me.

  7. #7
    Shol'va's Avatar
    Shol'va is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    A Rock And A Hard Place
    Posts
    8,925
    [QUOTE=gixxerboy1;6345754]I told you Obama is coming for the double wides

    Well he definitely get them while they are shopping at Walmart!...lol

  8. #8
    gixxerboy1's Avatar
    gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    32,803
    What amazes me is everyone complains how bad the economy is, and it is, and about higher taxes but they have all the extra money on hand for ammo.
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

  9. #9
    Hoggage_54's Avatar
    Hoggage_54 is offline Suspended or Banned either way gone!
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Repost
    Posts
    7,433

  10. #10
    Lunk1's Avatar
    Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    METHAMERICA
    Posts
    16,392
    Quote Originally Posted by dan68131 View Post
    Its because a lot of the AR-15's in the U.S. use .22 cal. That's why. Again.. just cause a AR-15 looks scary doesn't mean its some kind of super powerful gun. Its more looks than anything.... its actually a really shitty gun if you ask me.
    uh ummm! Love to hear you elaborate on this Dan! It's shitty yet the US continues to use it in it's military, most LE has chosen it as a patrol rifles and it is used commonly in comp. shooting! Shitty how exactly?

  11. #11
    Shol'va's Avatar
    Shol'va is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    A Rock And A Hard Place
    Posts
    8,925
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoggage_54 View Post
    they are here run for the hills!

  12. #12
    Lunk1's Avatar
    Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    METHAMERICA
    Posts
    16,392
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    What amazes me is everyone complains how bad the economy is, and it is, and about higher taxes but they have all the extra money on hand for ammo.
    and smokes and booze lol!

  13. #13
    dan991's Avatar
    dan991 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,943
    Shlova sent you PM.....

  14. #14
    dan991's Avatar
    dan991 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,943
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1 View Post
    uh ummm! Love to hear you elaborate on this Dan! It's shitty yet the US continues to use it in it's military, most LE has chosen it as a patrol rifles and it is used commonly in comp. shooting! Shitty how exactly?
    Its shitty because I can't walk around with the fvcker without it being obvious. Not to mention that both LE and military use a 5.56 NATO round and not a little .22, lol

  15. #15
    Shol'va's Avatar
    Shol'va is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    A Rock And A Hard Place
    Posts
    8,925
    Quote Originally Posted by dan68131 View Post
    Shlova sent you PM.....
    Got it...All is good...but thanks for the info anyways.

  16. #16
    Shol'va's Avatar
    Shol'va is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    A Rock And A Hard Place
    Posts
    8,925
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1 View Post
    and smokes and booze lol!
    And lottery tickets by the millions...

  17. #17
    Lunk1's Avatar
    Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    METHAMERICA
    Posts
    16,392
    Quote Originally Posted by dan68131 View Post
    Its shitty because I can't walk around with the fvcker without it being obvious. Not to mention that both LE and military use a 5.56 NATO round and not a little .22, lol
    .223 and 5.56 nato are the same thing (nearly) both fire from the Ar rifle

    So what you mean to say is...it's a shitty choice for a concealed weapon lol?

  18. #18
    wh1spa's Avatar
    wh1spa is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,119
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1 View Post
    .223 and 5.56 nato are the same thing (nearly) both fire from the Ar rifle

    So what you mean to say is...it's a shitty choice for a concealed weapon lol?
    Maybe he could buy another $800 coat to hide it under..?

  19. #19
    dan991's Avatar
    dan991 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,943
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1 View Post
    .223 and 5.56 nato are the same thing (nearly) both fire from the Ar rifle

    So what you mean to say is...it's a shitty choice for a concealed weapon lol?
    Yea... its still a POS. Much rather have an AK.....

  20. #20
    Lunk1's Avatar
    Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    METHAMERICA
    Posts
    16,392
    Quote Originally Posted by dan68131 View Post
    Yea... its still a POS. Much rather have an AK.....
    Why? The Ar platform is one of the most prefered in the world. Yes the kalishnikovs are everywhere but consider how long they have been around and how many have been manufactured and sold to 3rd world countries.

    The AR is substancially more controlable than the AK and MUCH more accurate! I have lots of time behind both and then some so I would love to hear your reasoning!

  21. #21
    dan991's Avatar
    dan991 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,943
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1 View Post
    Why? The Ar platform is one of the most prefered in the world. Yes the kalishnikovs are everywhere but consider how long they have been around and how many have been manufactured and sold to 3rd world countries.

    The AR is substancially more controlable than the AK and MUCH more accurate! I have lots of time behind both and then some so I would love to hear your reasoning!
    Its just more gangsta.... each to his own.

  22. #22
    Lunk1's Avatar
    Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    METHAMERICA
    Posts
    16,392
    Quote Originally Posted by dan68131 View Post
    Its just more gangsta.... each to his own.
    Sound logic! Perhaps since your in Chi Town you can grab an old Tommy Gun and go old school gangsta!

  23. #23
    dan991's Avatar
    dan991 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,943
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1 View Post
    Sound logic! Perhaps since your in Chi Town you can grab an old Tommy Gun and go old school gangsta!
    Well you want to have a discussion on firearm opinion.... its just an opinion. It can't be argued.

    Actually- I'm gonna wait till I get back to GA and buy a silencer before they outlaw those too.

  24. #24
    Lunk1's Avatar
    Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    METHAMERICA
    Posts
    16,392
    Quote Originally Posted by dan68131 View Post
    Well you want to have a discussion on firearm opinion.... its just an opinion. It can't be argued.

    Actually- I'm gonna wait till I get back to GA and buy a silencer before they outlaw those too.
    Actually effectiveness of certain calibers and platforms can be argued! It's just that your'e out gunned in this argument lol!

  25. #25
    dan991's Avatar
    dan991 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,943
    I'm gonna order now, and pick up in a month or two when I move there: http://www.coastalgun.com/Home/Suppr...uppressor.aspx

  26. #26
    dan991's Avatar
    dan991 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,943
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1 View Post
    Actually effectiveness of certain calibers and platforms can be argued! It's just that your'e out gunned in this argument lol!
    Actually- I don't give a shit enough to argue it. I have an HK USP.40 cal compact; all I need (except for the matching silencer).

  27. #27
    gixxerboy1's Avatar
    gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    32,803
    i thought silencers where illegal?
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

  28. #28
    RaginCajun's Avatar
    RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Deep Down South
    Posts
    23,624
    Quote Originally Posted by wh1spa

    Maybe he could buy another $800 coat to hide it under..?
    Hahaha

  29. #29
    Lunk1's Avatar
    Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    METHAMERICA
    Posts
    16,392
    Quote Originally Posted by dan68131 View Post
    I'm gonna order now, and pick up in a month or two when I move there: http://www.coastalgun.com/Home/Suppr...uppressor.aspx
    They should be legal everywhere. They have NO bearing on ppl killed and are more expensive than criminals would pay. They are a safety issue. They will save a shooters hearing and I am in favor of them because my hearing is trashed from shooting!

  30. #30
    Lunk1's Avatar
    Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    METHAMERICA
    Posts
    16,392
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    i thought silencers where illegal?
    Some states allow them....some allow them with a certain license. I believe Florida does but I can't recall for sure!

  31. #31
    gixxerboy1's Avatar
    gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    32,803
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1 View Post
    Some states allow them....some allow them with a certain license. I believe Florida does but I can't recall for sure!
    ok, varies state to state not a federal thing.
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

  32. #32
    dan991's Avatar
    dan991 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,943
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1 View Post
    Some states allow them....some allow them with a certain license. I believe Florida does but I can't recall for sure!
    GA does- know for a fact. Just gotta pay the tax stamp ($200) and get finger printed. I have a GA carry permit still and I never changed my DL so I'm still a GA resident legally... I own a condo there... so I'm good.

  33. #33
    Lunk1's Avatar
    Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    METHAMERICA
    Posts
    16,392
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    ok, varies state to state not a federal thing.
    I believe a Fed license is required for ownership but thats no big deal!

  34. #34
    Lunk1's Avatar
    Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    METHAMERICA
    Posts
    16,392
    Quote Originally Posted by dan68131 View Post
    GA does- know for a fact. Just gotta pay the tax stamp ($200) and get finger printed. I have a GA carry permit still and I never changed my DL so I'm still a GA resident legally... I own a condo there... so I'm good.
    Yes...several states in the South allow them! I'm assuming you dont carry in Ill? Since it is impossible to get a permit there!

  35. #35
    dan991's Avatar
    dan991 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,943
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1 View Post
    Yes...several states in the South allow them! I'm assuming you dont carry in Ill? Since it is impossible to get a permit there!
    No my gun is in GA at a buddy's house. You can't carry a gun anywhere in IL (even though Chicago has the highest murder rate there is). I was gonna bring it to IL but you pretty much gotta give your left nut to even have a gun in IL.

  36. #36
    dan991's Avatar
    dan991 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,943
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1 View Post
    I believe a Fed license is required for ownership but thats no big deal!
    I think its actually a tax thing not a licensing thing. In GA they require a federal tax stamp. I dunno... we'll see what's required. I know its not that big of a deal.

  37. #37
    Lunk1's Avatar
    Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    METHAMERICA
    Posts
    16,392
    Quote Originally Posted by dan68131 View Post
    No my gun is in GA at a buddy's house. You can't carry a gun anywhere in IL (even though Chicago has the highest murder rate there is). I was gonna bring it to IL but you pretty much gotta give your left nut to even have a gun in IL.
    I know...**** crazy. Glad I'm closer to your GF home than your location. I can carry here and to the West!

  38. #38
    Lunk1's Avatar
    Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    METHAMERICA
    Posts
    16,392
    Quote Originally Posted by dan68131 View Post
    I think its actually a tax thing not a licensing thing. In GA they require a federal tax stamp. I dunno... we'll see what's required. I know its not that big of a deal.
    Yes...thats what I meant by fed license...it's actaully a tax stamp application! You are correct!

  39. #39
    dan991's Avatar
    dan991 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,943
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1 View Post
    I know...**** crazy. Glad I'm closer to your GF home than your location. I can carry here and to the West!
    I moved from GA to NE to IL.... and even bringing it to NE was a pain. I had to go to an FFL, have them ship it to another FFL in NE, then go get a permit, then go take the gun in for registration and inspection.... and in the long run I still wouldn't have been able to do anything in IL. So.. just left it in GA. GA is awesome... walk into the gun store, show your DL, walk out with a gun... that's it. I have a carry permit and that took all of a week to get in GA.

  40. #40
    dan991's Avatar
    dan991 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,943
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1 View Post
    Yes...thats what I meant by fed license...it's actaully a tax stamp application! You are correct!
    Saved for future use...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •