dan991 is offline Anabolic Member

Loooonnngggg drive.... Road Trip to Canada!!!

So.... I'm gonna drive from Chicago to Vancouver...... and fly back... IF I can.

This may or may not be a good thing; because I got kicked out of Canada last time I tried to cross the boarder in Detroit. Long story short; back in the day I got in trouble in Windsor Ontario and was deported. 4 years later I tried to go back into Canada and they refused me at Customs and told me that I need to get a letter from the Canadian government allowing me back into Canada. They send back to the states and that's the last time I tried to go to Canada.

Now, I have to do a favor for a friend and drive his car from Chicago to Vancouver because he's gonna be there for a while. I don't know if I can get in the country or if the same shit is gonna happen in Vancouver when I try to cross like it did in Detroit 10 years ago. I also gotta book a one way flight back to Chicago so if I can't get into Canada; kinda stuck on that one. Thoughts? Anyone ever fly one way from Canada to the US? I'm wondering if U.S. customs is gonna bust my balls coming back. I do have passport so I dunno.

Thoughts?

Bigshotvictoria is offline Senior Member
    As long as you don't have a criminal record or outstanding warrants you should be fine. Obviously check the boarder crossing wait times when you get close, but typically Peace Arch is the fastest in my experience. Have fun, and hit up some runs at Whistler if you have the time.

Atomini is offline Banned
    ^ what he said.

And if you're ever in the Toronto area, let me know! But if you're starting from Chicago, doubtful you'll be backtracking to Toronto? Seems like it might be out of the way?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigshotvictoria View Post
    As long as you don't have a criminal record or outstanding warrants you should be fine. Obviously check the boarder crossing wait times when you get close, but typically Peace Arch is the fastest in my experience. Have fun, and hit up some runs at Whistler if you have the time.
    I don't have a criminal record but I'm "in the computer". Long story short, back in the day (I was 19) we went to a bar in Windsor because we could drink. My friends started a huge bar brawl which got moved outside. Some dude grabbed my friend that was throwing punches and my friend turned around and punched him a few times.... the dude that grabbed him was a Windsor cop. That didn't go over very well and we all got arrested. They didn't prosecute us in Canada but when I tried to go back to Windsor 4 years later (with my wife for a wedding) they told me I cannot enter Canada without permission from the Canadian Consulate or whatever. Are you in Vancouver Bigshot?

Quote Originally Posted by Atomini View Post
    ^ what he said.

And if you're ever in the Toronto area, let me know! But if you're starting from Chicago, doubtful you'll be backtracking to Toronto? Seems like it might be out of the way?
    I've never been to Toronto... always wanted to but figured I couldn't come to Canada when I got older after the last incident, lol.

dren is offline Associate Member
    its like when i try to come to the states they send me back lol, this summer hopefully im cleared i need to go to 6 flags

Quote Originally Posted by dren View Post
    its like when i try to come to the states they send me back lol, this summer hopefully im cleared i need to go to 6 flags
    I know.... my bar fight was 17 years ago.... you'd think they'd let it go by now.... lol

I wonder if there's a number I can call to find out if I'm still on the "deny entry" list before I drive 2,000 miles.

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by dren View Post
    screw six flags dude u need to go to cedar point!

http://www.cedarpoint.com/

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    screw six flags dude u need to go to cedar point!

http://www.cedarpoint.com/
    You need to go find a different thread to talk about theme parks....

twitz is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dan68131 View Post
    I wonder if there's a number I can call to find out if I'm still on the "deny entry" list before I drive 2,000 miles.
    I'm not sure how it works in the US, But in Canada you can apply for a pardon. I assume that that they would also be able to search your name and tell you if there is anything on there as well. Do you have such a thing in the US?

Quote Originally Posted by twitz View Post
    I'm not sure how it works in the US, But in Canada you can apply for a pardon. I assume that that they would also be able to search your name and tell you if there is anything on there as well. Do you have such a thing in the US?
    The thing is- I wasn't charged with a crime in Canada. The cops just detained us, took us to the police station, and then took us to Customs where we were released. The Windsor police gave our ID's to the guy at Customs. After an hour at Customs we took a bus back to Detroit and that was it. Never knew any better until I tried to go to Canada again that they did something that stops me from coming to Canada again. It was 4 years later so I'm assuming what they put in there was permanent.

We have pardon's in the US but that's if you got convicted of a crime.

I've never been to Toronto... always wanted to but figured I couldn't come to Canada when I got older after the last incident, lol.
    Well man if you do end up getting through the border, come on over to the big TO!

Quote Originally Posted by twitz View Post
    This is true, however, I remember reading something a few months ago (and it was on the radio too) about how the US border agency and customs DO NOT recognize Canadian pardons. If you are a Canadian and you were convicted of something but were later granted a pardon, it doesn't do a damn thing. US border guards will turn you right around and send you back. Google it, it's really bad. Plenty of pardoned individuals have been bounced right back because the US does not recognize Canadian pardons. Reason why it was on the radio a few months back (August I think) is because there was a big issue over trying to get the US government to ackgnowledge and recognize them. I have no idea if any developments followed the whole debate, but its worth looking up.

You need to go find a different thread to talk about theme parks....
    LMAO!! isnt this the lounge? off topic discussion! or now that dan the man wants to be serious everyone else is to follow suit?? ahhh... its all about u dan!

Maybe its just a Windsor, Ontario thing? I'm wondering if Vancouver is gonna be different? I'm more worried about getting a flight home than I am about hanging out in Vancouver if they won't let me in.

I'm gonna call Canadian Customs tomorrow and find out what they have on me... lol

Well man if you do end up getting through the border, come on over to the big TO!

This is true, however, I remember reading something a few months ago (and it was on the radio too) about how the US border agency and customs DO NOT recognize Canadian pardons. If you are a Canadian and you were convicted of something but were later granted a pardon, it doesn't do a damn thing. US border guards will turn you right around and send you back. Google it, it's really bad. Plenty of pardoned individuals have been bounced right back because the US does not recognize Canadian pardons. Reason why it was on the radio a few months back (August I think) is because there was a big issue over trying to get the US government to ackgnowledge and recognize them. I have no idea if any developments followed the whole debate, but its worth looking up.
    I hear Toronto hookers are off the hook....

LMAO!! isnt this the lounge? off topic discussion! or now that dan the man wants to be serious everyone else is to follow suit?? ahhh... its all about u dan!
    No.. I don't give a shit other than its you doing it....

I hear Toronto hookers are off the hook....
    I wouldn't know... never tried one. But i've heard stories.... lol.

Damn it... now I wanna go to Toronto too, lol. I hope Canada will let me in..... if not my buddy isn't getting his car and I drove 2,300 miles for nothing, lol. I guess he could come meet me on the US side but I wanna go play in Vancouver too.

No.. I don't give a shit other than its you doing it....
    so i have to stick to the topic and everyone else can deviate? now tat doesnt seem fair dan..

so i have to stick to the topic and everyone else can deviate? now tat doesnt seem fair dan..
    LOOK.... you can stay in this thread and talk about hookers, going to Canada, or anything else. Start bringing up stupid shit like theme parks... take that shit elsewhere.

Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    Golly Geesh...be careful Dan! I would hate to see you arrested and made someones Canadian bacon AGAIN!

Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1 View Post
    Golly Geesh...be careful Dan! I would hate to see you arrested and made someones Canadian bacon AGAIN!
    Bah... they just won't let me in... don't get arrested. They tell you to go back home you aren't welcome in our country, lol.

LOOK.... you can stay in this thread and talk about hookers, going to Canada, or anything else. Start bringing up stupid shit like theme parks... take that shit elsewhere.
    well to be thorough dren in post # 6 "brought up" theme parks.. just because YOU think theyre stupid doesnt mean that they are stupid either. seems like ur getting ur little panties in a wad over something pretty freaking stupid. i can certainly tell you statements like the one u just made above, in the tone it was made, is certainly NOT the way to get me to do what u want me to do..

well to be thorough dren in post # 6 "brought up" theme parks.. just because YOU think theyre stupid doesnt mean that they are stupid either. seems like ur getting ur little panties in a wad over something pretty freaking stupid. i can certainly tell you statements like the one u just made above, in the tone it was made, is certainly NOT the way to get me to do what u want me to do..
    LMAO..... How can you not tell by now when I'm fvcking with you?! LOL

LMAO..... How can you not tell by now when I'm fvcking with you?! LOL
    LOL.. well it seemed a bit out of character and i suppose i have my feathers a little bit in a ruffle after reading the shit from that idiot in the honey boo boo thread who im hoping gets booted yesterday..

sorry buddy!

LOL..

LOL.. well it seemed a bit out of character and i suppose i have my feathers a little bit in a ruffle after reading the shit from that idiot in the honey boo boo thread who im hoping gets booted yesterday..

sorry buddy!

LOL..
    No worries! Oh.. while you're around.. do me a favor and update your avi pic. I need an updated version so I can print it and hang it on the fridge to remind me when I don't wanna go work out what I'm gonna look like if I don't go to the gym. Thanks!

I live in van, me me know when your coming so I can get one of your expert body fat analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by S&S_ShovelHead View Post
    I live in van, me me know when your coming so I can get one of your expert body fat analysis.
    Okay.. that works. I'll send you a PM in a sec...

twitz is offline Female Member
    The thing is- I wasn't charged with a crime in Canada. The cops just detained us, took us to the police station, and then took us to Customs where we were released. The Windsor police gave our ID's to the guy at Customs. After an hour at Customs we took a bus back to Detroit and that was it. Never knew any better until I tried to go to Canada again that they did something that stops me from coming to Canada again. It was 4 years later so I'm assuming what they put in there was permanent.

We have pardon's in the US but that's if you got convicted of a crime.
    They must have flagged your name. Just make sure you have everything is place if it's still a concern, visiting address, return ticket etc.. I hope its good now!

Good to know. There are billboards in my area advertising Canadian pardons, they neglect to mention that they aren't recognized in the US.

JJ78 is offline Senior Member
    There are a lot of better crossings than the Peace Arch, which is always backed up.. We would always cross at the Truck crossings just east of the peach arch.

The agents would just wave us through most of the time, and never any traffic.

I too have been told that I am not allowed back into BC. And when that has happened, I just go to a different crossing and they let me through. They are not like US Customs.

JJ78 is offline Senior Member
    I have driven, Flown, Train, and even walked across the BC border. I got held at the Airport for 6 hours one time in immigration.

First time tried to croos in a car right after 9/11 I did not bring my passport. They denied me and let my bro through. I got a hotel in Bellingham, had my Passport fedex'ed and I took a cab to the border and walked right across.

Called Canadian Customs- apparently I'm all clear. They don't see anything prohibiting me from entering the country. It took 6 tries to get someone to run me over the phone. The first 4 told me to come to Customs and they will only do it in person. One guy told me to go to my local police station and run me to see if I have any warrants or a criminal record, and the last guy ran me and called me back and said he doesn't see anything prohibiting me from entering the country. So... road trip!

Called Canadian Customs- apparently I'm all clear. They don't see anything prohibiting me from entering the country. It took 6 tries to get someone to run me over the phone. The first 4 told me to come to Customs and they will only do it in person. One guy told me to go to my local police station and run me to see if I have any warrants or a criminal record, and the last guy ran me and called me back and said he doesn't see anything prohibiting me from entering the country. So... road trip!
    he prob saw a bunch of stuff and wants u so bad! now he knows its just a matter of time! ..

Hoggage_54 is offline Suspended or Banned either way gone!
    Odd that they would give you the info over the phone. What type of ID did you have to provide to get the info??

Just an FYI... When you cross the border, it literally turns into a tundra wasteland with igloos and dog sleds everywhere and polar bears will attack on sight.

he prob saw a bunch of stuff and wants u so bad! now he knows its just a matter of time! ..
    Don't start.....

Quote Originally Posted by Hoggage_54 View Post
    Odd that they would give you the info over the phone. What type of ID did you have to provide to get the info??

Just an FYI... When you cross the border, it literally turns into a tundra wasteland with igloos and dog sleds everywhere and polar bears will attack on sight.
    Well I know I'm not "wanted" and don't have a criminal record so... why wouldn't they? I told him the situation, gave him my Name, DOB, and US DL #, and Passport info. He called back an hour later saying he found nothing. The first 5 people didn't wanna even talk to me.

Bigshotvictoria is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JJ78 View Post
    There are a lot of better crossings than the Peace Arch, which is always backed up.. We would always cross at the Truck crossings just east of the peach arch.

The agents would just wave us through most of the time, and never any traffic.

I too have been told that I am not allowed back into BC. And when that has happened, I just go to a different crossing and they let me through. They are not like US Customs.
    Depends on the time of the day, all I said was TYPICALLY Peace Arch is the fastest, which is true for driving through.

Dan: Sorry, I've been offline and missed you asking if I'm in Van. No, moved away last month. I'm on the other side of the ferry. If you come to the island send me a PM.

Thread Information