Metalject is offline Knowledgeable Member

The Stupidity of America

Story 1: Sunday afternoon I was getting ready to head out...was going gun shopping...and the TV was on in the background. It was pre game stuff for the Ravens Falcons game. Now I do not remember the player they were talking about, I was only half paying attention but the commentator started talking about how the player had injected painkillers that morning and the team doctors had been injecting him regularly for the past few days to ensure he could play. Someone explain to me how this is not defined as performance enhancement? Someone explain to me how America has become so stupid this is acceptable but steroid use is not? Inject an unnatural substance and the guy can play at his best...do not inject it and he can't....what's the difference?

Story 2: Beyonce accused of lip syncing the national anthem at the president's inauguration. This is labeled a huge scandal and has made national headlines across every media outlet. Has America become so stupid that this is news worthy? Has America become so retarded that this receives more attention and concern then the impending financial disaster that is assuredly coming?

Conclusion: The movie Idiocracy is not that far off base.

"If you don't smoke Tarrlytons, **** you!"
    Carl's Jr: "**** you, I'm eating."
    Dr. Lexus "Don't wanna sound like a dick or nothin', but it says on your chart that you're ****ed up. Ah, you talk like a fag, and your shit's all retarded....Don't worry scro'! There are plenty of 'tards out there living really kick ass lives. My first wife was 'tarded. She's a pilot now"

I'm really not seeing the difference.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I didnt watch any of the inaugural stuff. I don't watch the news and I don't watch or pay attention to sports. Im American so where does that leave me?

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    I didnt watch any of the inaugural stuff. I don't watch the news and I don't watch or pay attention to sports. Im American so where does that leave me?
    I didn't watch any of the inaugural stuff either. Stats say apps 30% of the country watched, which surprised me...I was surprised it was that much. Not saying that's an accurate number BTW. I do think, however, it's important to stay informed on what's going on, which most people don't. Many who claim to I would be willing to bet my life that they get the majority of their info from Facebook feeds and crap like that.

Anyway, I'm not sure where that puts you. I don't pay much attention to sports any more either. Loved football for years, was borderline obsessed with it but the blatant massive steroid use and willingness to ignore it by the fans and media has really turned me off. But as far as you go, if you're like me you just want what most Americans want....to be left alone to live your life, take care of yourself and your family and to live as freely as possible. But if we don't stay informed on what's going on we open ourselves up to losing freedoms and I am not one who believes we cannot make a difference or are forced to stand silently and take whatever may come. I don't believe that for a second.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    It should be criminal. A lot of the times these doctors mask the pain of injuries using drugs but the player doesn't realize just because he can't feel the pain doesn't mean he isn't doing damage. All this does it shorten the players career from making a treatable injury into surgery.
    Realist: A person who sees things as they truly are. A practical person. The pessimist complains about the wind; The optimist expects it to change; The realist adjusts the sails. — William Arthur Ward

Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    Did you get a gun...thats the biq question lol?

cherrydrpepper is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    This is why I don't own a tv. When the zombies get here I probably won't know it til their on my lawn but im ok with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1 View Post
    Did you get a gun...thats the biq question lol?
    Actually I was denied. I moved to a new state a few months back. Still haven't gotten a drivers license for this state, just been using my old one. I knew I needed a local ID to buy a gun but honestly just didn't think about it at the time....slipped my mind. Going this afternoon or first thing in the morning to get a new one.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrydrpepper View Post
    This is why I don't own a tv. When the zombies get here I probably won't know it til their on my lawn but im ok with that.
    Get a tv and watch The Walking Dead.
    Realist: A person who sees things as they truly are. A practical person. The pessimist complains about the wind; The optimist expects it to change; The realist adjusts the sails. — William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Metalject View Post
    Actually I was denied. I moved to a new state a few months back. Still haven't gotten a drivers license for this state, just been using my old one. I knew I needed a local ID to buy a gun but honestly just didn't think about it at the time....slipped my mind. Going this afternoon or first thing in the morning to get a new one.
    What are ya getting????

What are ya getting????
    Honestly I'm not that picky. Just want to get what I can in case it becomes harder in the future. Had a new 40 and 9mm on the counter....they were OK deals, not great but alright. I'm actually glad I didn't end up getting them. The deals on cheaperthandirt.com right now are too good to pass up. When I was looking last week though they were sold out of almost everything but as of last night were back in stock with a lot of items....great prices! I'll probably buy a couple 40's and 9mm over the next few months. If I can get a good deal on a 45 and 357 I'll get one of those too. I'd love to get a new AR but haven't found any good deals on any yet. Gun show this wkend so maybe I'll find some stuff there.

Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    Get a tv and watch The Walking Dead.
    Justified....best show on TV IMO.

Looking forward to Game of Thrones when it comes back on too.

Honestly I'm not that picky. Just want to get what I can in case it becomes harder in the future. Had a new 40 and 9mm on the counter....they were OK deals, not great but alright. I'm actually glad I didn't end up getting them. The deals on cheaperthandirt.com right now are too good to pass up. When I was looking last week though they were sold out of almost everything but as of last night were back in stock with a lot of items....great prices! I'll probably buy a couple 40's and 9mm over the next few months. If I can get a good deal on a 45 and 357 I'll get one of those too. I'd love to get a new AR but haven't found any good deals on any yet. Gun show this wkend so maybe I'll find some stuff there.
    I would wait on an AR. This mess will turn around by next year and will all the manufactureres pumping out AR's and ppl buying them up. There will be a surplus and less demand causing prces to fall. $600 Ar selling for $1200-$2800....DUMB!

I would wait on an AR. This mess will turn around by next year and will all the manufactureres pumping out AR's and ppl buying them up. There will be a surplus and less demand causing prces to fall. $600 Ar selling for $1200-$2800....DUMB!
    Yeah unless I can find a good deal at a gun show I won't being buying one anytime soon. Handgun prices are fantastic right now but the AR's are retarded.

wh1spa is offline Senior Member
    I swear, everyone that posts about buying a new gun, is going to, or has been to a gun show the next, or previous weekend. We are lucky to get one gun show per city per year over here, and still cant buy AR's at all, or Hand Guns unless they are registered and left at the club.

I mean I have rifles, but i want handguns or an AR =\

Laaaame lol.

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Dont feel bad we in NY have to deal with stupid hand gun laws beacuse of NYC.We upstaters hate those pricks.Every summer they come up here to get out of the jungle.Most leave their manners at home.You should see them during deer season.You can pick them out a mile away.

Hoggage_54 is offline Suspended or Banned either way gone!
    There was a great article recently about former Dolphins player Jason Taylor and the abuse he put his body through.... Doctors would strap him down, give him a towel to bite on, and inject pain killers into his feet.

Hoggage_54 is offline Suspended or Banned either way gone!
    Found it..

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/01/1...lors-pain.html

"He played games, plural, with a hidden and taped catheter running from his armpit to his heart."

"Did he get in that player deli line outside the trainer’s room before the game to get that secret elixir, a Toradol shot in the butt that would lubricate and soothe away the aches for three hours despite its side effects (chest pains, headaches, nausea, bloody stool, coughing up blood, vomit that looks like coffee grounds)?

Yes."

"He didn’t practice much in 2006 because of a herniated disk in his back, and he needed the medicine pregnant women use for labor just to get to Sundays."

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoggage_54
    Found it..

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/01/1...lors-pain.html

"He played games, plural, with a hidden and taped catheter running from his armpit to his heart."

"Did he get in that player deli line outside the trainer's room before the game to get that secret elixir, a Toradol shot in the butt that would lubricate and soothe away the aches for three hours despite its side effects (chest pains, headaches, nausea, bloody stool, coughing up blood, vomit that looks like coffee grounds)?

Yes."

"He didn't practice much in 2006 because of a herniated disk in his back, and he needed the medicine pregnant women use for labor just to get to Sundays."
    damn hoggage, that is nutz!

i liked him as a player and had no idea that he was that injured.

makes some of the players look like betches

i wonder what the nfl is going to do about all the head injury stuff.

my buddy is a coach (was recently with the philadelphia eagles) and he has some stories

no pain no gain
    Last edited by RaginCajun; 01-24-2013 at 09:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by songdog View Post
    Dont feel bad we in NY have to deal with stupid hand gun laws beacuse of NYC.We upstaters hate those pricks.Every summer they come up here to get out of the jungle.Most leave their manners at home.You should see them during deer season.You can pick them out a mile away.

They're saying the new NY law will make it to the supreme court...doubt it will hold up, but as weird as things are getting I could be wrong.

They're saying the new NY law will make it to the supreme court...doubt it will hold up, but as weird as things are getting I could be wrong.
    IT wont hold up unless the Heller decision is reversed!

Thread Information