Atomini is offline Banned

Universal Soldier: Day of Reckoning. Must see movie!

Not sure if any of you know of this 3rd sequel to the Universal Soldier movies with JC Van Damme and Dolph Lundgren. I just saw it and going into it being a direct to DVD movie (as far as I know it was anyways), I wasn't expecting much from it. BOY WAS I WRONG! The one that came before it (Regeneration) was good but still felt a bit off. With this movie, they take the franchise into a totally new direction.

This film combines horror, mystery, and martial arts dominated action in it's finest forms and the movie really leaves you mind-fvcked by the end of it with the most edge-of-my-seat storyline I have seen in a movie in a long time. Whoever directed this is the most underrated director in hollywood. It's also one of the most vividly brutal movies i've ever seen. The action itself is extremely well done, you can see EVERY DETAIL of the fight scenes, as there is no quick cuts and splices that I hate so much in most movies today. Fight scenes in this are in full wide angle camera view for extended periods of time so you can see everything.

Don't listen to the negative morons who don't know what they are talking about just because it was a direct to DVD movie. I thought it was very impressive and the storyline (and themes/morals it makes you think about) are incredible. There are a couple dumb things in the movie and 1 or 2 plot holes that make you wonder, but you end up figuring it out afterwards because this movie makes you think. Go see this! Universal Soldier: Day of Reckoning is honestly the best straight up, old school style action film i've seen in so long!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPcMKd_73Ys (the trailer is very poorly done, makes the movie look like cheeseball shit).

cherrydrpepper is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Watched the trailer like you said the way the camera is shot is really clean. I will end up seeing this. Not counting Bloodsport which is a masterpiece of martial arts action my favorite van damme movie is probably In Hell. Dolph is great too personal favorite movie would have to be Masters of the Universe (He-Man).

Heres a link to In Hell if anyone wants to watch full movie on youtube
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0sZ2D_1el8

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I liked it. Ive seen most all of VanDam movies and even if he is a duche from what people say and his acting is not exactly stellar I still like what he does.

kronik420 is offline Anabolic Member
    watched it

couldn't follow the story line

some good fight scenes

Quote Originally Posted by cherrydrpepper View Post
    Watched the trailer like you said the way the camera is shot is really clean. I will end up seeing this. Not counting Bloodsport which is a masterpiece of martial arts action my favorite van damme movie is probably In Hell. Dolph is great too personal favorite movie would have to be Masters of the Universe (He-Man).

Heres a link to In Hell if anyone wants to watch full movie on youtube
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0sZ2D_1el8
    I'm sad to say, however, that Dolph Lundgren and JC Van Damme don't receive very much run time in this movie. They have both for the most part, extended cameos. I think everyone will end up being dissapointed going into it thinking Van Damme is still the main character and stuff. Not so this time around, because with the new direction of the movie they are focusing on a new main protagonist.

And I think they did it quite well actually.

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    I liked it. Ive seen most all of VanDam movies and even if he is a duche from what people say and his acting is not exactly stellar I still like what he does.
    You should see his movie called JCVD. Once you see that, it WILL change your opinion of his acting. I saw that and I was amazed at his actual acting skills to be honest. That movie was not very action packed and more story and drama driven, and he put on a great performance.

Quote Originally Posted by kronik420 View Post
    watched it

couldn't follow the story line

some good fight scenes
    Yes, agreed. I am going to have to watch the movie again for a 2nd or maybe even a 3rd time, because the storyline was VERY DEEP and there are a lot of connections and conclusions you are forced to make (and some open-endedness to the storyline that makes you draw your own conclusions).

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Interesting, no I have not seen that one and it looks pretty good. As for being a Duche I was talking about in real life. Seems a lot of people say he's pretty arrogant. I missed him by about 1 week in Thailand a while back. He was there making a movie about a week after I left... Could have been fun being an extra.

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Interesting, no I have not seen that one and it looks pretty good. As for being a Duche I was talking about in real life. Seems a lot of people say he's pretty arrogant. I missed him by about 1 week in Thailand a while back. He was there making a movie about a week after I left... Could have been fun being an extra.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vw_-uylxNE

(LOL)..

cherrydrpepper is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    hahahha 405

I knew he inspired Johnny Cage but I didn't know he was in the game
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTd7mtr81ww

Bump for this fight scene from the movie (WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHWcn...&feature=share

Fvcking awesome fight scene, one of the best i've seen.

Hoggage_54 is offline Suspended or Banned either way gone!
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrydrpepper View Post
    hahahha 405

I knew he inspired Johnny Cage but I didn't know he was in the game
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTd7mtr81ww

Brilliant

Thread Information